Author Topic: 2013 IFBB Toronto Pro - Full Results  (Read 22866 times)

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
Re: 2013 IFBB Toronto Pro - Full Results
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2013, 12:55:35 AM »
We Getbiggers demand them muscular young men to show more skin!!!!
The rest of you can gay-joke this into the ground. I'm female. I do demand this.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: 2013 IFBB Toronto Pro - Results
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2013, 04:27:38 AM »
in April was the IFBB Los Angeles Grand Prix, men and women's pro physique only.

Interesting, what was the prize money like? Please don't tell me supplements and $3,000 for the winner, $2,000 for 2nd and $1,000 for 3rd?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2013, 04:58:01 AM »
Vic doesn't look that great, conditioning wise (neither do the other two), but he pulls that FDB and the difference is quite large, between him and the other two guys.  Suddenly he looks like he had better everything.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2013, 08:03:11 AM »
Competitors at Athletes Meeting (video courtesy of Antoine Vaillant channel)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »
Most of these guys have competed in bodybuilding classes prior to the introduction of this physique class.  They have legs enough to do well in the Classic categories that the IFBB has in Europe and at the Worlds.  Obviously these type of physiques are popular with the fans, dramatically increasing the gate .   The NPC and pro IFBB is just making a mistake with the stand and model in the board shorts.  Just as Figure killed off women's Rbodybuilding, and perhaps women's physique is cutting into Figure, Men's Physique is cutting into Bodybuilding.  In a few years I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of contests are Physique without bodybuilding or Figure.  But put them in (modest) posing trunks and have them flex, call it Classic Bodybuilding, then its just a spectrum of different types of bodybuilding.

Tim, we going to have to respectfully disagree that these guys have "legs good enough to compete in classic Bodybuilding". I have been to several shows lately and was shocked at the complete lack of leg/calf development! And there is no such thing as V-taper? Zero lat development!

Don't you really refer to classic bodybuilding at Bob Paris? Steve Reeves, etc? Take a look at our own Mindspin (Yemeni).... Classic lines!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »
Tim, we going to have to respectfully disagree that these guys have "legs good enough to compete in classic Bodybuilding". I have been to several shows lately and was shocked at the complete lack of leg/calf development! And there is no such thing as V-taper? Zero lat development!

Don't you really refer to classic bodybuilding at Bob Paris? Steve Reeves, etc? Take a look at our own Mindspin (Yemeni).... Classic lines!

These are my observations as well Grant

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »
What I find funny is how even the 212lbs guys have giant guts now a days :-/ Go figure...

ukjeff

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2013, 01:19:40 PM »
Jose Raymond straight firsts?????

These judges must all piss in the same pot, isnt it odd that not one judge prefers anyone else for first?

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2013, 01:36:07 PM »
Jose Raymond straight firsts?????

These judges must all piss in the same pot, isnt it odd that not one judge prefers anyone else for first?
well to be fair,  did you look at the lineup?  there wasn't anyone better than jose at that show.  I'm not shocked at all.  not saying there isn't more to it than that,  but Jose  WAS better than everyone else there...

ukjeff

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2013, 01:55:07 PM »
there wasn't anyone better than jose at that show

This guy in my opinion looked better, if a judge wanted to give jose the nod then thats fine, but all of them??

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »

This guy in my opinion looked better, if a judge wanted to give jose the nod then thats fine, but all of them??

ugh,  disagree on Dugdale,  but I guess that's your point.
I don't think it's hard to come into a show as Jose  Raymond and convince five dudes you're the best though.  fifty dudes-  yeah,  fishy,  but FIVE?  Please, I could convince FIVE dudes that I'M the best shit on earth.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2013, 03:05:43 PM »

Have you seen Classic Bodybuilding, where there are height to weight ratio limits?  These guys don't have massive legs, but they are well developed.  My point was that this would be just as popular as the Physique classes but it would still be bodybuilding, with flexing and posing.  

The number of pro women's bodybuilding contests continue to drop year by year.  This year there are only 5, compared to 21 pro figure, 12 physique, and 25 bikini.  For the men this year, there are 15 open pro men, 7 under 212, and 16 pro physique.  Already more Pro Physique contests than open men.  Watch in the coming years the number of open men contests drop and pro men's physique increase.

My point is Pro Physique cuts into Pro Bodybuilding, while Pro Classic Bodybuilding might actually increase interest in bodybuilding all around.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »
In a few years I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of contests are Physique without bodybuilding or Figure.

I believe this!

"1"

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2013, 10:48:13 PM »
Mens Open Award Ceremony

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2013, 10:50:30 PM »
Mens Open Award Ceremony

Where is Chick has he retired from handing out trophies?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2013, 11:07:48 PM »
Most of these guys have competed in bodybuilding classes prior to the introduction of this physique class.  They have legs enough to do well in the Classic categories that the IFBB has in Europe and at the Worlds.  Obviously these type of physiques are popular with the fans, dramatically increasing the gate .   The NPC and pro IFBB is just making a mistake with the stand and model in the board shorts.  Just as Figure killed off women's bodybuilding, and perhaps women's physique is cutting into Figure, Men's Physique is cutting into Bodybuilding.  In a few years I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of contests are Physique without bodybuilding or Figure.  But put them in (modest) posing trunks and have them flex, call it Classic Bodybuilding, then its just a spectrum of different types of bodybuilding.

Bodybuilding without flexing is just modeling.

classic bodybuilding...

There are three (3) categories in CLASSIC BODYBUILDING, currently as follows:
Up to and including 170 cm
Maximum weight (in kg) = height (in cm) – 100
(maximum +2 kg allowance)
e.g. a competitor who is 170 cm in height may weigh a
maximum of 72 kg

2    Up to and including 178 cm
(maximum +4 kg allowance)
e.g. a competitor who is 178 cm in height may weigh a
maximum of 82 kg

3    Over 178 cm
(maximum +6 kg allowance)
e.g. a competitor who is 184 cm in height may weigh a
maximum of 90 kg

*Note: If a competitor does not meet the height/weight
requirement, he is disqualified.

http://www.ifbb.com/reports/classicbodybuilding_ostrava06.htm

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2013, 09:46:52 AM »

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:55 AM »
Hopefully Vic will shut it down ,and put back the size he had, and shoot for the Arnold!

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
My point is Pro Physique cuts into Pro Bodybuilding, while Pro Classic Bodybuilding might actually increase interest in bodybuilding all around.

You seem to be saying that when Physique gains fans, Pro loses fans, but not necessarily vice versa. You also seem to think that Pro and Classic would function as follows: when Classic gains fans, Pro doesn't necessarily lose any and sometimes even gains some, and perhaps vice versa. That would be a superior outcome for the industry, no doubt.

The question is: why would rebranding Physique into Classic (a mere semantic difference) and having the competitors pose as the pros do change the fundamental nature of the relationship between the two? Why would this staunch the flow of fans from pro to physique (classic) and make current physique fans suddenly less averse to the bloated, monstrous gut-possessing pros? I fail to see the substantive difference between the current arrangement and the one you've proposed.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
The question is: why would rebranding Physique into Classic (a mere semantic difference) and having the competitors pose as the pros do change the fundamental nature of the relationship between the two? Why would this staunch the flow of fans from pro to physique (classic) and make current physique fans suddenly less averse to the bloated, monstrous gut-possessing pros? I fail to see the substantive difference between the current arrangement and the one you've proposed.

By making physique contests different, no flexing or posing, board shorts, the powers that be are making Physique contests a different sport.  Physique is more popular because it is more aesthetically pleasing.  Fans can relate to the people on stage.  "I can look like that some day."   But by making it a different sport, they're making flexing and posing more fringe.  As they are different sports, it is easy to have a contest that is only physique, and contestants that are only physique athletes.  Fewer bodybuilding contests and more physique contests because that's where the money from the gate is.  

If instead, you created a spectrum of pro bodybuilding classes, classic bodybuilding, under 212, open, then it is the same sport. Everyone flexes and poses, everyone works all body parts.  Athletes can move around from one category to another as they see fit.  Bodybuilding becomes more popular because fans once again can relate to at least some of the people on stage.

Figure, Women's Physique and Bikini, being different sports, has already cut into women's pro bodybuilding.  Fewer and fewer women's pro bodybuilding contests each year. Pretty soon it will be just Ms International and Ms Olympia.  (And what kind of sport requires world class athletes to compete in high heel shoes).

Now if the judges hadn't been rewarding mass above all else, we wouldn't be in this problem.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »
If instead, you created a spectrum of pro bodybuilding classes, classic bodybuilding, under 212, open, then it is the same sport. Everyone flexes and poses, everyone works all body parts.  Athletes can move around from one category to another as they see fit.  Bodybuilding becomes more popular because fans once again can relate to at least some of the people on stage.

It seems that the market has decided that Physique physiques are what are desirable, meaning that the money ought to flow into Classic competitions just as the money is now flowing into Physique -- with more or less the same impact on the industry as a result (e.g., less Pro contests).

Further, this trend will disincentivize competitors from moving 'up' into the pro ranks, since there will be less money there. This ought to form an autocatalytic process (more money --> more popularity --> even more money --> even more poularity . . .n) and, again, have more or less the same impact on the industry as a result.

So it seems your proposal might make bodybuilding less fringe by having the market's desired body type engaging in it, but not affect the decline of pro bodybuilding -- which I thought was the point of your idea. Am I missing anything here?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »
i think a 212 and under would be decent no?then all 3 winners for overall ,depending on the show.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »

X2

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »
X2
x3 great build/condition/shape