Author Topic: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie  (Read 726061 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie
« Reply #800 on: October 04, 2013, 03:15:33 PM »
Yea, no pictures from those old day sets but I can tell you some little bits of stuff  that have stuck in my mind after all these years and thereby let you see that "picture' in your own 'noggin'.

When I was a kid I did some pretty damn crazy stuff in an effort to get in front of the camera and hopefully see myself on a theater screen so I could yell out to the entire audience, "Hey! That's me!".

Some of this stuff I've told before but this topic has been pretty damn slow lately  ... so maybe no one will object if I mentioned some of the following.

What I'll be telling some of you interested GetBiggers is what I have argued about with some of you "Hollywood GetBiggers" who have made unsuccessful attempts to get into the movie business in front of or behind the cameras.

I was  raised (actually I was 'forced" to be raised by an old fashioned Swedish father) to be 'positive' about everything I ever thought of ... and even more positive when it came to anything I ever attempted. I was never allowed to see the negative side of things.

So I grew up believing that nothing was impossible ..... which, actually, was pretty damn stupid.

But this 'stupidity' produced some very positive outcomes ... most of the time.

For instance when I was a kid, I thought acting in the movies was simply a matter of 'signing up' which was pretty damn stupid on my part; but my cousin (about 10 years older than myself) moved to So Cal and I encouraged him to  go 'sign up' and be a movie actor.

He simply laughed at my stupidity, but within a couple of months he gave my advice a try and ended up getting a major role in a movie called DALLAS which starred Ruth Roman and Gary Cooper. So in that case ... my stupidity paid off.

ANd that was the first "pay off" of many more to follow which I plan to continue with if I can't find anything related with bodybuilding to pass on to anyone who may be interested.

Some of you GetBiggers seem to be a lot more 'stupider' than myself ... so maybe you have some similar success stories to pass along

It'd be fun to sit down and have a few beers with you, Stunt, just to hear some of your stories. Not in a gay way, of course.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »
UGLY, Most of the people who were a major part of these stories have long ago passed away or have moved on to bigger and better things and no longer communicate witth he "little people".

And in an effort to ease your mind regarding the 'gay way" stories, I'll do my best to get them out of the way ASAP.

Two "gay way stories" come to mind as I write this stuff so I'll do my best to explain them now   as honestly as I possibly can due to the fact that there seems to be so many GetBiggers interested in "gay way" stuff and the sexual lives of guys and gals they've never met within the world of bodybuilding.

I play Poker with a bunch of ''ed-u-ma-ka-ted'"  shrinks and Docs and it's not rare to start a discussion about various individuals on this board.

These ed-u-ma-catre-ted guys talk about  people whom I think are a bit fucked up in the mind but the ed-u-ma-ca-ted guys  consider these “ fucked-up minds” are an everyday occurance and not to be too concerned about.

One doc  says that it is easier to analyze 'patients' by what they say on boards such as this than a 50 minute personal analysis. (My words, not his!)

And the general consensus of opinion is that there appears to be a large amount of jealousy among a  lot of us simply due to the fact that the other person is 'bigger' or better looking  than we are.

In our minds that other person is physically better than we  find themselves to be.

The  also speak a lot of psycho-bable that is beyond my apprehension, but the point here is that some docs are interested in what we have to say on this board .

But their main point of interest is "How we say it.”

The  point I'm trying to make here is that they find it interesting that so many bodybuilding fans, such as us on this GetBig Board, are so damn interested in the possibility and actuality of gay activities within the BB world.

With that said ... here are a couple of my personal observations.

Tons of years ago when Mr MB was most likely still in diapers, there use to be monthly "Mazola Oii" parties in one particular home in the hills above the city of Los Angele.

And bodybuilders were most welcome.

You could bring your wife or your girlfriend, but in order to gain entrance, you had to check all your clothes at the front door and enter in your birthday suit. (I never found out where one kept his/her claim check.)

Actually I never attended  …. but many friends did.

It was called the "Mazola Oil" party because once you got down to your birthday suit, you were doused with oil from head to toe and shown to a very dark room covered in plastic where the party was going on.

And no one seemed to be engaged in conversation.

That party seemed somewhat strange to me but there were many who enjoyed it.

Then many years later ….

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #802 on: October 04, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »
Back to the Expo.

Oly Jacket $150.

How many do you want?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #803 on: October 04, 2013, 06:17:51 PM »
But before you got there, you had to park ....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #804 on: October 04, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
And once you parked, there were OLY graphics everywhere ....

On roadside poles......

And covering the Convention Center..

Graphics everywhere ....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #805 on: October 04, 2013, 06:42:58 PM »
ANd once inside ... See the expensive ticket  entrance ....

ANd say howdy to RON.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #806 on: October 04, 2013, 06:45:08 PM »
OPPPS! That was not RON.

Here's Ron...

Sorry, RON!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #807 on: October 04, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »
And other interesting people!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #808 on: October 04, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »
Some with 2,000+ plus jumps from perfectly functioning air-craft.

And those of whom I've never met nor ever heard about..... (I don't watch TV, I guess!)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #809 on: October 04, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »
WJO IS BEHIND THIS COMPANY!?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #810 on: October 04, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
Friends from good old England and Jay at Interview!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #811 on: October 04, 2013, 07:29:37 PM »
Overall Physique Winner and IFBB PRO (I think).

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #812 on: October 10, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »
OPPPS! That was not RON.

Here's Ron...

Sorry, RON!
MATT T IN BACKROUND STALKING RON.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #813 on: October 10, 2013, 03:48:06 PM »
Overall Physique Winner and IFBB PRO (I think).
Physique shows are for people that cant make the big show = losers.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #814 on: October 11, 2013, 10:45:21 AM »
Mr. NO, You gotta give some credit to these Physique Contender guys and gals who "Go for the "Go" ... and not the Show" .......... Meaning that they are more concerned about physical performance and hot so much concerned about increased muscle size.

For instance ...

Promote an event such as the military's obstical course 'race' .... and the physique contenders will outclass by far the bodybuilding contenders (especially if the bodybuilder contenders are  among the pro ranksn).

I find it difficult to discredit either one simply because they have given up a hell of a lot of the good times to accomplish what others find impossible .... or simply hate for reasons of their own.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #815 on: November 17, 2013, 09:11:21 AM »
From the 40s through the 80s, bodybuilding was better.  And then, it went from showtime to schmoetime.

Reeves, Ross, Grimek, Park on up through Arnold, Zane and Paris.  Of course there's others inbetween, but not the disgustingly overdeveloped stuff that came after.   

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #816 on: November 17, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »
SCOTT, It might just b e possible that you have discovered the reason that the NPC sanctions Men's and Women's Physique events.

But I gotta tell you that the opinions of the majority of people on this here planet have not changed their attitude regarding individuals with muscular bods since the 1940's.

Those opinions have not changed .... nor never will.

And that's so damn evident on this GetBig Board.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #817 on: November 17, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »
Stunt….good to see you here. Been trying to draw you out over at the 'who is the oldest get bigger?' thread. I know it's not moi.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #818 on: November 18, 2013, 01:54:49 PM »
SCOTT, It might just b e possible that you have discovered the reason that the NPC sanctions Men's and Women's Physique events.

But I gotta tell you that the opinions of the majority of people on this here planet have not changed their attitude regarding individuals with muscular bods since the 1940's.

Those opinions have not changed .... nor never will.

And that's so damn evident on this GetBig Board.

I like to think that for the public's opinion to change, today's bodybuilding must first change itself for the better.

If you've ever seen the 1954 film "Athena", then you know that bodybuilding was treated as a something of a harmless nutcase health craze.  Nothing healthy about today's bodybuilding. 

And the competitors at the top level are nuttier than ever. ;)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #819 on: November 18, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »
SCOTT,I doubt that competitive bodybuilding will ever change for the better unless numerous deaths occur and found to be the direct fault of 'too much muscle".

And I see no signs of any efforts within the game that desire to change 'public opinion"  .... EXCEPT for the fact that the NPC his promoting PHYSIQUE events ...
which in itself may help to change this so call public opinion.

The bodybuilding 'fans' may not like this new Physique Division but it's apparent that a good number of contestants do!

And many of those contestants come from the bodybuilding contender ranks for numerous reasons of their own.

You mentioned ATHENA .... Steve Reeves game me an autographed copy of that 1954 MGM movie a couple of years before he passed awa.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #820 on: November 18, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »
SCOTT,I doubt that competitive bodybuilding will ever change for the better unless numerous deaths occur and found to be the direct fault of 'too much muscle".

And I see no signs of any efforts within the game that desire to change 'public opinion"  .... EXCEPT for the fact that the NPC his promoting PHYSIQUE events ...
which in itself may help to change this so call public opinion.

The bodybuilding 'fans' may not like this new Physique Division but it's apparent that a good number of contestants do!

And many of those contestants come from the bodybuilding contender ranks for numerous reasons of their own.

You mentioned ATHENA .... Steve Reeves game me an autographed copy of that 1954 MGM movie a couple of years before he passed awa.

I wish I could have met him.   

Thanks!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #821 on: November 19, 2013, 08:10:50 AM »
 :)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!