Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36906 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Sony won. There will be very few developers stupid enough, or had enough $$ slung at them by MS to make their next games XBONE exclusives. All Sony has to do now is stick to their promise and not go anti-consumer like MS and they win. You are correct, people will go to the system their buddy is playing on. Hence why the PS4 will win. You buy a XBONE you are a tard for no ability of foresight whatsoever.

Wrong.  The publishers are the ones driving this.

And, in case you didn't notice, FF and Kingdom Hearts went cross console today.

And pre orders of the XBone on Amazon are sold out.  Not for PS4.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Not what you said is it?

And they had a year head start which is why they also had a 33% failure rate and it cost Microsoft $1 Billion to rectify

This was by design to grab market share and it worked brilliantly.   They knew it would RRoD.

At the end the sales were about the same, but MS had done this in only two of the three markets - US and Euro, while Sony had the benefit of Japan, who will buy it no matter what.

In the end, Sony lost half its market share.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
360 hardly sold at all in japan

E
E

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Again, that was preliminary information which was featured on many website before E3, before any announcement of any prices officially.  Why is this so difficult for you to understand.  I believe you have a short attention span.  I am correct aren`t I?

Lol-you truly are a dumb fuck.  

The only place I ever heard of $100 games was from your dumbass.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
360 hardly sold at all in japan

E

Exactly.

I agree with you about exclusives so far too.   I'm surprised by this, given Sony's strength with these in the past.   Kingdom Hearts / FF / MGS all cross console.
Y

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Maybe one of you professional gamers can help me out a bit.

I have only ever played (2) games in the Play Station 3. I played them both with my nephew for a few weeks while he was younger.

The games were: Legacy of Kain: Defiance & God of War II. I enjoyed playing both games with him. Particularly, I loved the story-line and especially the MUSIC in Legacy of Kain and then I liked the easy gameplay in God of War II.

Will either the PS4 or new Xbox have games as good as these?

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Maybe one of you professional gamers can help me out a bit.

I have only ever played (2) games in the Play Station 3. I played them both with my nephew for a few weeks while he was younger.

The games were: Legacy of Kain: Defiance & God of War II. I enjoyed playing both games with him. Particularly, I loved the story-line and especially the MUSIC in Legacy of Kain and then I liked the easy gameplay in God of War II.

Will either the PS4 or new Xbox have games as good as these?

"1"

God of War is a Sony exclusive and is a fantastic series.  In fact, the original 2 were remastered and still hold up well.  I recommend playing them all.  Both new consoles will have some fantastic games.
Y

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.

Btw: PS4 rules.   shitbox sucks....shitbox fans should shut the f*ck up now.
Gracie Rules

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

Damn, that game looks nice.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V

I didn't think games like that were possible..

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

The Division is cross console, fanboi.
Y

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
The Division is cross console, fanboi.

I didn't say it was exclusive to PS4.  ;)

I said this: shitbox sucks ;D

This one is exclusive.

You must be an shitbox fan.
 check this out.
 PlayStation 4 Wins Flawless Victory.... FATALITY !!!!!! 3 punch knockout ;D

Gracie Rules

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

You must be an shitbox fan.

I'll own both, fanboi.
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
This was by design to grab market share and it worked brilliantly.   They knew it would RRoD.

At the end the sales were about the same, but MS had done this in only two of the three markets - US and Euro, while Sony had the benefit of Japan, who will buy it no matter what.

In the end, Sony lost half its market share.

Yeah it worked brilliantly until the complaints came in , which at first they denied , until they had 1/3rd of the systems fail and they were forced to admit the obvious and pay over $1 billion dollars not so brilliant that all the profits you made you have to give back

Sony finally got someone who could give them a run for their money however from the looks of it Microsoft might be losing a lot of people just based on the used game issues , every Xbox owner I talked to said they wouldn't buy another based on that , never mind the extra $100

I think most PS3 owers will buy a PS4 , but I think a lot of Microsoft people may jump ship like Sony owners did , the only real advantage Xbox has is Live and Sony is catching up with that and it's for free

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

i'm talking about the sales when both were on the market in 2006, 360 sold much better and to this day still outsells the ps3 in the US, think the 360 has won every month the last 3 years or so, and the wii was the console that was outselling it the other months not ps3

not sure why this is an issue with you but you always did try to argue about nothing

E

There is no argument , you just need to clarify what you mean. And Xbox isn't outselling PS3 if they both sold the same amount of consoles

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
only a "gamer" could post something so stupid

As if being a "gamer" disqualifies me from having a fairly valid opinion on the matter? Especially considering that opinion is within the genre I like to spend a lot of my free time and money. If you don't think MS is going to fail, and fail hard, with their anti-consumerist mantra than you are either A) rabid unyielding fanboy B) invested in the company and shilling C) absolutely clueless/retarded. Considering this is GetBig, I think most people here can figure out what option we are probably dealing with.

To give another example how much MS is actively trying to screw the consumer, MS's Phil Spencer said, and this is paraphrased, "if you can't get online for the XBONE's online requirement, get a 360".

Yeah....

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Yeah it worked brilliantly until the complaints came in , which at first they denied , until they had 1/3rd of the systems fail and they were forced to admit the obvious and pay over $1 billion dollars not so brilliant that all the profits you made you have to give back

Sony finally got someone who could give them a run for their money however from the looks of it Microsoft might be losing a lot of people just based on the used game issues , every Xbox owner I talked to said they wouldn't buy another based on that , never mind the extra $100

I think most PS3 owers will buy a PS4 , but I think a lot of Microsoft people may jump ship like Sony owners did , the only real advantage Xbox has is Live and Sony is catching up with that and it's for free

It doesn't matter - they grabbed market share equal to a console that owned 60% of the market on the prior generation.   That's worth much, much more than a what they paid out in damages.  It's just math, and it worked.

Sony's network on the PS4 is not free, either.  And they've already backtracked on the DRM issue.
Y

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
[quote author=Grape Ape link=topic=481911.msg6841846#msg6841846 date=1371005397

......Sony's network on the PS4 is not free, either.  And they've already backtracked on the DRM issue.
[/quote]

This is true.  Although it won't prevent me from getting both as well.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
There is no argument , you just need to clarify what you mean. And Xbox isn't outselling PS3 if they both sold the same amount of consoles

you're the only one that didn't understand

how many times does it have to be mentioned it is outselling ps3 in the US and doesn't sell at all in japan, a country where everybody plays video games?

E
E

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

To give another example how much MS is actively trying to screw the consumer, MS's Phil Spencer said, and this is paraphrased, "if you can't get online for the XBONE's online requirement, get a 360".

Yeah....

No way.  Did he really say that? 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo

if people have to choose one console this fall, i don't see why they would choose xbox unless they have zero interest in the announced PS4 exclusives

i've always been a sony guy and i have both consoles, i'll get ps4 this holiday and xbox one after $100 price drop which will make it the same as PS4

online is no longer free on PS4 you have to be a playstation plus member which is 50 bucks per year, i've been a member for about 2 years because all the free games you get so no big deal in my eyes

E

E

tonymctones

• Getbig V

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Don't care - will still buy Xbox One (Yes I'm a fan boy!)

I can't give this up:

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV

Move over halo. ;)

Gracie Rules