Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36319 times)

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
If anyone wants to get the last bit of juice from their current gen systems.  I suggest The Last of Us for the PS3, this game has a little bit of PS1's Resident Evil with a mix of Uncharted and the Walking Dead thrown in.  A soon to be truly classic game.

Army of One

• Getbig V
If anyone wants to get the last bit of juice from their current gen systems.  I suggest The Last of Us for the PS3, this game has a little bit of PS1's Resident Evil with a mix of Uncharted and the Walking Dead thrown in.  A soon to be truly classic game.

Seems great so far, really depressing ,bleak and doesn't hold back on anything.Dont expect a happy story!

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?

I know nothing about this game (purposely so). This is good to hear.

I like to try to be as surprised as possible about certain games while still skimming around enough of their info to get my interest piqued.

Steelrabbitt

• Getbig II
  • Ocelot MTHRFCKR
I was in the live demo at the press release. That is a gorgeous map.

I actually had some creative input in that trailer also... I worked on the gameplay capture and worked with the Video Director on it during post production.

I have owned both ps3 and xbox, love the xbox controller and hate the ps3. Also found xbox live to be better than ps3 online. Do you think the xbone is going to be much worse than ps4? I really don't want to get a ps4...
Jay

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I have owned both ps3 and xbox, love the xbox controller and hate the ps3. Also found xbox live to be better than ps3 online. Do you think the xbone is going to be much worse than ps4? I really don't want to get a ps4...

I feel the exact same way on the first two points.   PS4 has shown nothing really groundbreaking or "better" this time, they're just riding the wave of over reaction from MS handling of DRM, used games, etc....
Y

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
I feel the exact same way on the first two points.   PS4 has shown nothing really groundbreaking or "better" this time, they're just riding the wave of over reaction from MS handling of DRM, used games, etc....

Good point, here's a good article stating what you basically just said.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-06-14-the-xbox-one-question-why-did-microsoft-do-it

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

I do not think that playing either will be a huge difference. Neither is extremely groundbreaking to be honest. They are just the next level of computing basically.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
I like buying used games because most games are absolute shit these days.  Why would I want to be stuck with pure trash.  I made that mistake with Far Cry 3 (it was on sale a bit, brand new) and what an utter piece of shit that game was.  Now I`m stuck with it, but at least I can sell it and recoup some money for it.  Otherwise, it was money down the toilet.

The bad games certainly outweigh the good games and its madness to suggest that one must pay full price EVERY TIME as Xbox One now demands.  Just horrible.

what do any of the overrated rockstar games do better than far cry 3?

games today are better than they've ever been

E
E

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
I like buying used games because most games are absolute shit these days.  Why would I want to be stuck with pure trash.  I made that mistake with Far Cry 3 (it was on sale a bit, brand new) and what an utter piece of shit that game was.  Now I`m stuck with it, but at least I can sell it and recoup some money for it.  Otherwise, it was money down the toilet.

The bad games certainly outweigh the good games and its madness to suggest that one must pay full price EVERY TIME as Xbox One now demands.  Just horrible.
Far Cry 3 is a very good game. You are one of the few who think otherwise. That is the beauty of it though, everyone has different tastes. It is sad that Microsoft is taking the freedom out of gaming.

cephissus

• Getbig V

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
 PS4 time

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
what do any of the overrated rockstar games do better than far cry 3?

games today are better than they've ever been

E
bwahahahaha!!

Surely you jest.

They are prettier. They are not better.

Most of the highest rated games are on the DS platform. They are not the best looking. They are often the best.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
It's obviously subjective.  I do know one thing-I don't want a guy who loves Final Fantasy games rating my Madden and 2KSports games. 
Those little bitches need to stick to their PC WoW and Role Playing bullshit.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
bwahahahaha!!

Surely you jest.

They are prettier. They are not better.

Most of the highest rated games are on the DS platform. They are not the best looking. They are often the best.

they are better in every way

anybody that says games were better 20 years ago is letting their nostalgia cloud their judgment

E
E

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

WHATTTTTTT!!!  That game was awesome dude!!!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

anybody that says games were better 20 years ago is letting their nostalgia cloud their judgment

E
I can in no way take your opinion on gaming seriously now.

Thanks for playing. No need to ever talk gaming again.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

cephissus

• Getbig V

E

In most ways, they are.  However, on average (which is what I assume we're talking about) they definitely have much more filler and extraneous bullshit than the games of yesteryear.

The good parts get better, and the bad parts get worse.

Don't think I'm siding with tu on this, btw, I have no idea wtf he's smoking, especially with his "DS games are the highest rated" comment... lol?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
In most ways, they are.  However, on average (which is what I assume we're talking about) they definitely have much more filler and extraneous bullshit than the games of yesteryear.

Don't think I'm siding with tu on this, btw, I have no idea wtf he's smoking, especially with his "DS games are the highest rated" comment... lol?

Thats why we have remakes....

ohhhhh. wait!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

If you look around at the best games on average, the DS games average higher... even though there is a substantially higher number of titles, they typically aren't always the prettiest, but they play better and are more fun than a lot of the titles that are released for consoles.

That said, a lot of the DLC titles are also quite good... Games like Shank, Little Big Planet, stuff like that.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
If this is in fact, a true tweet, then I feel even more sorry for people holding onto the Xbox fandom.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
If this is in fact, a true tweet, then I feel even more sorry for people holding onto the Xbox fandom.

haha

HAHA

BWAHAHAHAHA

Actually, no this isn't funny at freaking all. Regardless which system you are investing in, this is flat out jacked up. It's part of the reason I have a serious issue with EA and Origin. People would get banned from their forums and lose access to all their games on their Origin account. wtf

If you look around at the best games on average, the DS games average higher... even though there is a substantially higher number of titles, they typically aren't always the prettiest, but they play better and are more fun than a lot of the titles that are released for consoles.

That said, a lot of the DLC titles are also quite good... Games like Shank, Little Big Planet, stuff like that.

I think a big reason why "little" games like that do so well is because most of their merits are on actually, you know, being a game and not some interactive movie (which is cool too).

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Seems great so far, really depressing ,bleak and doesn't hold back on anything.Dont expect a happy story!
Awesome game! Would make a great movie if done right.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Awesome game! Would make a great movie if done right.

How awesome is the opening 15 minutes! (And how sad  :'( )