Author Topic: Just found out a good friend committed suicide.  (Read 10696 times)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Re: Just found out a good friend committed suicide.
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »
@Princess, can you please relax with the post deletion. This is getbig after all.
@Wiggs, how did your friend commit suicide?

This. Or if you are going to moderate those comments please do it in EVERY thread similar to ones like this instead of picking and choosing.

Wiggs....I hope your friend is truly out of his pain wherever his soul may be now. So sad to hear.  :'( Just know you did all you could, even if you feel you didn't.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
RIP PIP

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2013, 07:58:40 PM »
Lost a couple friends the same way and it's horrible.  God Bless..

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »
This. Or if you are going to moderate those comments please do it in EVERY thread similar to ones like this instead of picking and choosing.

Aha I wondered where all the funny posts where

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2013, 08:06:34 PM »
Sorry, wiggs :(
X

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 08:12:03 PM »
You're assuming whatever comes after clinical death isn't fucking awesome. It might be. Don't hate.

Everhard

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2013, 08:13:10 PM »
Close friend of mine committed suicide last year. She had just graduated college and started doing her dream job teaching, but just could not defeat those mental demons.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2013, 08:36:19 PM »
7 billions + people dont care.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
7 billions + people dont care.

funny coming from the most "christian" guy here

E
E

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »
funny coming from the most "christian" guy here

It s a fact, and if you actually knew what you were talking about, you d knew suicide is a sin. Stupid asshole.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »
Sorry to hear Wiggs, stay strong during this trying time.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2013, 08:53:08 PM »
It s a fact, and if you actually knew what you were talking about, you d knew suicide is a sin. Stupid asshole.

that's the only thing that stops you from offing yourself "fecesinurface" and you know it

E
E

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:31 PM »
I've delt with depression in the past and have even had some dark thought cross my mind in the past so I know all about depression but it just sucks that when someone does this and you were good buds that you wish you could have at least said or done something.  The guy had a beautiful mind and was a good man. R.I.P. :'(

*steps off soapbox.
sorry. Man. My best friend since childhood, the guy I shared everything with, the kind of friend u can sit n watch TV with n not say shit cuz ur that comfortable, he just died in a freak accident last week.ive been a mess since. I know wut ur going thru.  Sorry to hear Wiggs. Tragic for sure.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »
Is is a sad truth that so many desire to know how the person died and could not care how they lived.  Perhaps this is why some take their own life.  

This is not meant to belittle you in any way but rather to make a valid point based upon your question as quoted above.

To Wiggs I would offer my condolences and if the opportunity arises, please pass them on to the family.

Be well.

I don't know man, lots of people who commit suicide have a good relationship with a sexual partner or with friends and family. It's not always "i could've told you so" scenario with stuff like this.

Contemplating suicide, and coming close to it is very common i would assume.

I troll and talk shit on this forum, so i rarely delve into my personal life, but i came very close to ending it with a heroin overdose.

I don't look for sympathy from others, that's the worst thing you can aim for in life.

People simply don't give two shit, and if they do, it's superficial at best.

You have to be your own rock, then you build your life around that.

People often assume, "only if i knew, i could've done something", or "he was a great, happy guy, wonder what went wrong".

Everyone shares similar biology, but people often project their world view onto others, neglecting the fact that everyone's experience in life is unique, no matter how much you can relate to one person, they are still different in more ways than you can imagine.

People who use the "coward" explanation, are either religious and regurgitate their faith's teachings, or they assume this position as a way to deal with grief, or the grim side of life.

In a way, they are more juvenile and emotionally stunted than the person who committed suicide ever was, if at all.

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:36 PM »

I don't know man, lots of people who commit suicide have a good relationship with a sexual partner or with friends and family. It's not always "i could've told you so" scenario with stuff like this.

Contemplating suicide, and coming close to it is very common i would assume.

I troll and talk shit on this forum, so i rarely delve into my personal life, but i came very close to ending it with a heroin overdose.

I don't look for sympathy from others, that's the worst thing you can aim for in life.

People simply don't give two shit, and if they do, it's superficial at best.

You have to be your own rock, then you build your life around that.

People often assume, "only if i knew, i could've done something", or "he was a great, happy guy, wonder what went wrong".

Everyone shares similar biology, but people often project their world view onto others, neglecting the fact that everyone's experience in life is unique, no matter how much you can relate to one person, they are still different in more ways than you can imagine.

People who use the "coward" explanation, are either religious and regurgitate their faith's teachings, or they assume this position as a way to deal with grief, or the grim side of life.

In a way, they are more juvenile and emotionally stunted than the person who committed suicide ever was, if at all.

Holy hell, another human being capable of understanding the thought process of someone who is actually enduring pain and wanting to end it all.

For fucks sake, I thought the world was plagued with mental midgets who think they can make another persons world so drastically different by saying "it's a selfish act"

Bravo to you, good sir

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

Depression in people is so hard to help sometimes.  Sometimes people think life is so bleak out there, that they don't even try to talk to someone, because they think no one will care.  Some people think they are all alone out there.

Sorry for your loss.  It will stay with you for a while, then pushed away in the back of your mind, but on those quiet nights when you reflect, you go back and think about the good times... and the bad.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2013, 10:49:51 PM »
I gotta say I'm impressed with all the positivity. Thanks for your input. He went down by a lake in Dallas county in Texas and blew his head off. I never sensed anything was wrong but you never know a mans deepest thought.

Again, thanks for all the love! 8)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2013, 10:55:16 PM »
Thanks for all the love?

Any way, sorry to hear about your friend. The thing about suicide I find so scary is that it's breaking a societal bond that says "We all agree life is worth living."

Once someone breaks that agreement, it calls everything into question.

I will always be here, though. Never surrender.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2013, 11:09:51 PM »
I'm not new to this. My best childhood friend. Half Asian-Half White kid. He got As all the time ever since we were in 4th grade. By the time we were seniors in high school, we went to different high schools but still kept in touch. It is he that got me into bodybuilding and gave me my first roid books. Anabolic Reference Guide and World Anabloic Review by Bill Phillips (yes, that one).  Anyway he was always great at anything in books or video games. But he loved bodybuilding. He was the valedictorian that year and got like a 1510 on his SATS out of 1600. I'll never forget that, I was proud of my score. lol. 

Well he met a girl at the gym. He was head over heals with her. He'd talk about her all the time. But I found out she didn't feel the same way. In essence, he went nuts and disappeared police concluded including the family that it was a suicide I would agree. He gave away his Rolex his dad gave him for graduation, his computer (big deal back in 1997lol) and his car. He left his wallet.

The last time I saw him he asked me, "what is your deepest darkest secret"? I told him I didn't have one and that I thought it was an odd question. That was pretty much it.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2013, 11:33:27 PM »
My good friend killed himself a few years back, we trained together for years.  He was a good man, stable as a rock, worked hard, was successful, had a wife and two kids.  Not a hint of mental illness, could be pretty angry at times, but nothing out of the ordinary.  Then one day, I get a phone call from my brother, tells me he hung himself from a tree in the backyard.  Turns out his missus was fooling around and he found out about it and he snapped.  His good friend was a policemen of twenty years, he told him he was going to kill himself and the policemen friend didn't take it all that serious and said he would ring him in the next day.  he never called and a few days later my mate was dead.  He killed himself on the first day of Winter!
V

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2013, 01:53:12 AM »
I'm not new to this. My best childhood friend. Half Asian-Half White kid. He got As all the time ever since we were in 4th grade. By the time we were seniors in high school, we went to different high schools but still kept in touch. It is he that got me into bodybuilding and gave me my first roid books. Anabolic Reference Guide and World Anabloic Review by Bill Phillips (yes, that one).  Anyway he was always great at anything in books or video games. But he loved bodybuilding. He was the valedictorian that year and got like a 1510 on his SATS out of 1600. I'll never forget that, I was proud of my score. lol. 

Well he met a girl at the gym. He was head over heals with her. He'd talk about her all the time. But I found out she didn't feel the same way. In essence, he went nuts and disappeared police concluded including the family that it was a suicide I would agree. He gave away his Rolex his dad gave him for graduation, his computer (big deal back in 1997lol) and his car. He left his wallet.

The last time I saw him he asked me, "what is your deepest darkest secret"? I told him I didn't have one and that I thought it was an odd question. That was pretty much it.

I wonder if he was pining for your love and when he realized he was chasing an impossible dream, he just couldn't take it.  Just a thought.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2013, 02:52:30 AM »
I wonder if he was pining for your love and when he realized he was chasing an impossible dream, he just couldn't take it.  Just a thought.

The impossible dream of being in love with Wiggs? Maybe that's why he asked him about dark secrets. That's tragic.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2013, 02:59:31 AM »
I gotta say I'm impressed with all the positivity. Thanks for your input. He went down by a lake in Dallas county in Texas and blew his head off. I never sensed anything was wrong but you never know a mans deepest thought.

Again, thanks for all the love! 8)

Fuck, poor guy, he had to be going through some crazy madness in his head.
You say you never sensed it, many dont, i think its normal, they function like nothing is bothering them then there gone. Ron is right, if theres a issue in your life, just talk about it to someone, even pay someone if needed.
sorry to hear this Wiggs. I feel for his family and close friends, RIP

whitewidow

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2013, 03:22:29 AM »
I've delt with depression in the past and have even had some dark thought cross my mind in the past so I know all about depression but it just sucks that when someone does this and you were good buds that you wish you could have at least said or done something.  The guy had a beautiful mind and was a good man. R.I.P. :'(

*steps off soapbox.

I have had to deal with that and it is horrible! That might take some time to get over but if you did not know the guy was having problems there is nothing you could of done. It sounds like a old friend who you lost contact with for awhile and then just found out recently. To me a friend is like family and we stay in touch almost daily! So if a friend of mine is in trouble mentally I know when to step in and get him help. I had a friend who was a heavy heroin addict.

He was also just a average suburban white kid where you would not guess he was into junk, and even looking at him he never looked like he was shooting up like he was. he also went crazy and went through withdrawals all the time when he ran out, then he would threaten suicide and that is when you have to step in and get them help. But you can get them help after help after help and they will still go back to drugs. He was always honest about his drug usage to me and I did the best I could to help him out. The best thing to happen to him is he got locked up for 45 days and came out just looking great and acting normal and actually had some fucking hope but he screwed up his probation and before he went to check back into jail the next day(turn himself in on a warrant) he bought some heroin and since his tolerance was low he overdosed. Only 30 years old and four days before christmas.

What sucks is I met him in middle school and knew him years before he started using hard drugs, sure i saw and smoked weed with him many times and on certain holidays we got high on ecstasy, or did a little coke but that was maybe a few times a year, Then he got addicted to oxycontin and benzos and when they changed the oxycontin formula so it was non abusable and due to price he started smoking heroin and shortly after he started shooting heroin. I did everything I possibly could! I gave him money to get help and he blew it on drugs. I helped him get a job. But a addict is a addict. If he wouldn't listen to me there was no way he would listen to anybody.I called old friend to call him and go hang out with him as he kept talking about how he lost all his old friends.

I always keep in touch with my friends because if they get in a tough spot I am one person who will do anything to let them  know they still count. Sometimes there is only so much you can do. I know your situation is diffrent but try to stay in touch with all your friends almost daily. It is weird some of the biggest toughest guys I have ever met have died due to suicid some because they were to drugged out and were so sick of life. I mean these were some tough guys and I cannot believe they took that way out.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2013, 04:49:10 AM »
I have had to deal with that and it is horrible! That might take some time to get over but if you did not know the guy was having problems there is nothing you could of done. It sounds like a old friend who you lost contact with for awhile and then just found out recently. To me a friend is like family and we stay in touch almost daily! So if a friend of mine is in trouble mentally I know when to step in and get him help. I had a friend who was a heavy heroin addict.

He was also just a average suburban white kid where you would not guess he was into junk, and even looking at him he never looked like he was shooting up like he was. he also went crazy and went through withdrawals all the time when he ran out, then he would threaten suicide and that is when you have to step in and get them help. But you can get them help after help after help and they will still go back to drugs. He was always honest about his drug usage to me and I did the best I could to help him out. The best thing to happen to him is he got locked up for 45 days and came out just looking great and acting normal and actually had some fucking hope but he screwed up his probation and before he went to check back into jail the next day(turn himself in on a warrant) he bought some heroin and since his tolerance was low he overdosed. Only 30 years old and four days before christmas.

What sucks is I met him in middle school and knew him years before he started using hard drugs, sure i saw and smoked weed with him many times and on certain holidays we got high on ecstasy, or did a little coke but that was maybe a few times a year, Then he got addicted to oxycontin and benzos and when they changed the oxycontin formula so it was non abusable and due to price he started smoking heroin and shortly after he started shooting heroin. I did everything I possibly could! I gave him money to get help and he blew it on drugs. I helped him get a job. But a addict is a addict. If he wouldn't listen to me there was no way he would listen to anybody.I called old friend to call him and go hang out with him as he kept talking about how he lost all his old friends.

I always keep in touch with my friends because if they get in a tough spot I am one person who will do anything to let them  know they still count. Sometimes there is only so much you can do. I know your situation is diffrent but try to stay in touch with all your friends almost daily. It is weird some of the biggest toughest guys I have ever met have died due to suicid some because they were to drugged out and were so sick of life. I mean these were some tough guys and I cannot believe they took that way out.

Wow, that seemed like extremely poor planing on his part, to start using drugs without understanding what happens next.