Author Topic: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)  (Read 41256 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Just saw Man of Steele - (Warning-Spoilers Inside)
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »
Ahah Jason Momoa as Namek would have been great!

If there ever was an actor born to play that role it was him.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
$40 for a t-shirt?! I guess some people might pay that.

https://www.gymjones.com/shop/product/man-of-steel-t-shirt/

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2013, 03:18:54 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2013, 03:21:28 PM »

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2013, 09:06:45 PM »
Utter Garbage, - too many flashbacks that disrupt the story, which doesn't really take place until the last half hour.  If you're gunna do so many flash backs just start with a young superman and keep it linear.  Obvious product placement that disrupts the flow of the movie.  Several people that appear in the movie must have been friends of the director because they seem out of place and get too much camera time for not having any real role in the story.  Also - like the original poster said, Lois must have had some type of teleportation device because she always manages to be atleast 10 yards away from superman at all times as he flies across the world.
5 seated calf raises out of 10 - saved by the Special effects team alone.
Go see - "this is the end" instead

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2013, 09:53:37 PM »
Utter Garbage, - too many flashbacks that disrupt the story, which doesn't really take place until the last half hour.  If you're gunna do so many flash backs just start with a young superman and keep it linear. 

Who the fuck wanted to see him grow up in Kansas for 45 mins of the movie?  We've gone that route before. The flashbacks were nicely done to get past the childhood bullshit.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2013, 10:17:44 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »
The MTV Taiwan Interviewer kept asking about touching his muscles.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2013, 11:09:10 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81728

MAN OF STEEL: Zack Snyder Discusses The Climactic Fight, A Deleted Scene & More

As part of Empire's Man Of Steel SPOILER podcast, the director shares some very interesting details on an action sequence that never made the final cut of the movie. He also explains why they had Supes do what he did in his final battle with Zod..

While chatting to Empire, Man Of Steel director Zack Snyder speaks at length about the decision to have Superman kill General Zod in order to save a family of innocents. He reveals that in the original version of the script the character was simply once again banished to the Phantom Zone, but Snyder was adamant that Kal-El should kill Zod -- because otherwise where does his aversion to killing originate from? He also shares details of another action scene on Kryton that didn't make the final cut, in which one of Jor El's AIs takes humanoid form and battles Zod's pack of genetically engineered dogs! It's all great stuff so be sure to take a listen from the time Snyder comes in around the 50 minute mark, and then David S. Goyer chimes in too, revealing that Chris Nolan was against Zod's death at the hands of Superman at first. Plus, he once again speaks about WB's plans for a shared DC movie universe (txt after the player below).

"This is just, sort of, y’know, ground zero for (no pun intended) a greater DC universe. This is a shared universe so we’re saying yes, Lex Luthor exists in this world, Bruce Wayne exists in this world. We mentioned S.T.A.R. Labs and so the intention is if the film is well received that this would be the starting point for introducing other characters and ultimately, obviously Warner Brothers hopes there will be a Justice League film and perhaps you might start seeing other characters appearing in each other’s films. I think in some ways they’re interested in going perhaps the opposite direction that Marvel has done which may be to do a group film and then spin off."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2013, 11:53:03 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LEVITIKUZsLOUNGE/news/?a=81769

So Just How Much Would All That Destruction In MAN OF STEEL To Metropolis Cost?

Ok as we all so, Metropolis was just about destroyed from Zod's weapon and also Superman vs Zod.It also destroyed and we all now it's highly likely Lex Luthor will be the one to rebuild the city. So how much should Lex make this check out towards? Let's ask scientist and "disaster expert" Charles Watson and his Watson Technical Consulting outfit have attempted to answer the question both in terms of the human toll Metropolis paid as well as the financial cost. We have this nice little poster of all the findings and info about how much damage was done. Let's take a look at that:

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2013, 12:30:12 AM »
  This is NOT an S    it is a word   it means hope on our planet

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2013, 12:49:08 AM »
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE.......SPOILER ALERT

I saw the movie today with my daughter and it was really good..amazing....Superma n killing Zod at the end was a shocker...everybody in the theatre went quiet and then applauded.....Zod was bad-ass....perfect in the role...and the fight scenes were so realistic, especially the damage done to the city.....Zod was unrepentant and his motivation was excellent.....

Faora was great as well..she was really hot...I know some people criticized the choice of Amy Adams as Lois, but she was hot as well and I actually got horny when she kissed
Superman...I wished that was me kissing her.....that red hair of hers was so hot!~ :P

I liked the flashbacks to his childhood.....we have to realize that not everyone knows Superman's backstory since little kids no longer read comics any more..so you have to tell how he became who he is and why he doesn't abuse his powers

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2013, 12:51:57 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81728

MAN OF STEEL: Zack Snyder Discusses The Climactic Fight, A Deleted Scene & More

As part of Empire's Man Of Steel SPOILER podcast, the director shares some very interesting details on an action sequence that never made the final cut of the movie. He also explains why they had Supes do what he did in his final battle with Zod..

While chatting to Empire, Man Of Steel director Zack Snyder speaks at length about the decision to have Superman kill General Zod in order to save a family of innocents. He reveals that in the original version of the script the character was simply once again banished to the Phantom Zone, but Snyder was adamant that Kal-El should kill Zod -- because otherwise where does his aversion to killing originate from? He also shares details of another action scene on Kryton that didn't make the final cut, in which one of Jor El's AIs takes humanoid form and battles Zod's pack of genetically engineered dogs! It's all great stuff so be sure to take a listen from the time Snyder comes in around the 50 minute mark, and then David S. Goyer chimes in too, revealing that Chris Nolan was against Zod's death at the hands of Superman at first. Plus, he once again speaks about WB's plans for a shared DC movie universe (txt after the player below).

"This is just, sort of, y’know, ground zero for (no pun intended) a greater DC universe. This is a shared universe so we’re saying yes, Lex Luthor exists in this world, Bruce Wayne exists in this world. We mentioned S.T.A.R. Labs and so the intention is if the film is well received that this would be the starting point for introducing other characters and ultimately, obviously Warner Brothers hopes there will be a Justice League film and perhaps you might start seeing other characters appearing in each other’s films. I think in some ways they’re interested in going perhaps the opposite direction that Marvel has done which may be to do a group film and then spin off."

Cut the bullshit and introduce Batman into Superman's universe. They will need to modify his bat suit's armor similar to owlman.  Bale has already agreed if Nolan stays the Producer and Consultant. The template is already there. Replace Kara with Faora.  Batman Superman is bigger than the Justice and more manageable.  

I hated the Avengers.  

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LEVITIKUZsLOUNGE/news/?a=81769

So Just How Much Would All That Destruction In MAN OF STEEL To Metropolis Cost?

Ok as we all so, Metropolis was just about destroyed from Zod's weapon and also Superman vs Zod.It also destroyed and we all now it's highly likely Lex Luthor will be the one to rebuild the city. So how much should Lex make this check out towards? Let's ask scientist and "disaster expert" Charles Watson and his Watson Technical Consulting outfit have attempted to answer the question both in terms of the human toll Metropolis paid as well as the financial cost. We have this nice little poster of all the findings and info about how much damage was done. Let's take a look at that:

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2013, 01:36:25 AM »
General zod best villan ever

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:16 AM »
Utter Garbage, - too many flashbacks that disrupt the story, which doesn't really take place until the last half hour.  If you're gunna do so many flash backs just start with a young superman and keep it linear.  Obvious product placement that disrupts the flow of the movie.  Several people that appear in the movie must have been friends of the director because they seem out of place and get too much camera time for not having any real role in the story.  Also - like the original poster said, Lois must have had some type of teleportation device because she always manages to be atleast 10 yards away from superman at all times as he flies across the world.

The flashbacks were the big positive.  I went in their thinking, fuck, going to have to sit through 1 and 1/2 hours of sup growing up before anything decent happens, similar to spiderman, but when they just jumped ahead, I was like What!  yes.  It made the movie speed up quicker.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »
Utter Garbage, - too many flashbacks that disrupt the story, which doesn't really take place until the last half hour.  If you're gunna do so many flash backs just start with a young superman and keep it linear.  Obvious product placement that disrupts the flow of the movie.  Several people that appear in the movie must have been friends of the director because they seem out of place and get too much camera time for not having any real role in the story.  Also - like the original poster said, Lois must have had some type of teleportation device because she always manages to be atleast 10 yards away from superman at all times as he flies across the world.

I assume then you would've preferred a drawn out series of full-on origin scenes in this origin story as opposed to the fluid, quicker flashbacks that allowed for twice action in the film?

You were distracted because they flew through a Sears LOL?  In Superman II Zod sent Superman into a Marlboro truck and Superman threw Zod into an enormous electric Coke sign and I was never distracted by that and it was faaaar more blatant product placement.  

I've seen the movie twice now and followed the action on the final Kal/Zod fight closely.  The initial battle begins in the rubble.  The action then takes them across approx 2 city streets and lands then in front of the train station (the location they conclude the fight in).  Then they take to the skies over the city and end up in space destroying the Wayne Enterprises satellite.  They then come straight back down from space and end up landing in and concluding the battle in the same train station which was approximately where the fight begin.  Perry and Lois saw the satellite debris falling to earth, but trailing away and saw Kal/Zod heading in their general direction.  In the next several minutes of fighting it is then completely plausible that Lois would end up in the train station which was about two streets across from the beginning of the battle where they all were; plus, the city is part of her journalist beat and she knows the city.  Any other Superman rescues of Lois were because she was with him the entire time.

"Go see - "this is the end" instead...........this tells me way more than your MOS review actually LOL.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2013, 11:25:15 AM »
  all that armor and jor el still got stabbed to death uber easily

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »
 all that armor and jor el still got stabbed to death uber easily

My only question about the film was where Jor-El was able to handle Zod in hand-to-hand combat as effectively as he did, when Jor was trying to get Kal off the planet in time.

Zod was born and bred and trained for military prowess. I would think he would not have been handled by Jor-El so easily. Even if Jor-El was fighting as a man trying to protect his family...Zod should have easily overcome him with his training.

But it is a movie after all...there have to be some liberties. I'm cool with it.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »
The flashbacks were the big positive.  I went in their thinking, fuck, going to have to sit through 1 and 1/2 hours of sup growing up before anything decent happens, similar to spiderman, but when they just jumped ahead, I was like What!  yes.  It made the movie speed up quicker.

They should have just condensed it into one flash back instead of segmenting it and slowing down the story

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingLeonidas/news/?a=81822

Much has been made of Henry Cavill's MAN OF STEEL physique which has stunned movie-goers since the movie opened Friday. Now the man responsible for getting him into shape talks about why he accepted the challenge of turning Cavill into Superman.

Snyder said previously that he wanted Cavill to look like a "freak" and be in "crazy" shape. So he turned to his friend Mark Twight to accomplish the impossible. But he set even more challenges for Twight and his trainee.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2013, 05:21:10 PM »
film was ok but superman didn't care about the consequences of his actions and the end fight was repetitive.
Cavill is perfect for the role though

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
Who the fuck wanted to see him grow up in Kansas for 45 mins of the movie?  We've gone that route before. The flashbacks were nicely done to get past the childhood bullshit.

Agree a 1000%

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »
film was ok but superman didn't care about the consequences of his actions and the end fight was repetitive.
Cavill is perfect for the role though

of course he didn't, just like when he trashed the guy's rig at the bar with telephone poles.  he operates within the parameters of the REAL world.  He'll save an oil rig full of men, but he'll destroy govt property or anyone, if they fuck with his mom or him.  i think that's about as real as he can get.  i  look forward to sups and doomsday putting over 1 Million in a cemetery.  8) 

i have no interest in seeing another lollipop superman.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2013, 06:12:25 PM »
  His trainer put him on PED