Author Topic: GGG wants Mayweather  (Read 24885 times)

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: GGG wants Mayweather
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2013, 05:01:49 AM »
Are you guys high?  Seriously, this Floyd vs Ward stuff makes you sound ignorant really.  You might as well just say Floyd would whoop Lennox Lewis' ass at 154lbs. 

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2013, 05:15:15 AM »
Are you guys high?  Seriously, this Floyd vs Ward stuff makes you sound ignorant really.  You might as well just say Floyd would whoop Lennox Lewis' ass at 154lbs. 

FMW would even beat Suckmymuscle at 200 pounds.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:15 AM »
big cyp hitting the ouzo hard in this thread.... so what you fellas are saying is andre ward, who beat carl froch hands down, would be easily defeated by the shorter/smaller/weaker mayweather

meanwhile in reality carl froch would punch and bully mayweather senseless, ward would do the same just with more class

if you wanted to make this a valid argument, of a welter moving up to beat a super middle, he would be a young fighter, turning pro at welter and maturing into a heavier fighter...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
 weight classes exist for a reason

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »
I think this would be a fair fight if the velociraptor was starved down to 150- 148.

VS

all drugs - TPPIIP

whitewidow

« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2013, 02:14:24 AM »
I gaurantee Mayweather at 147lbs wpould beat ward at 170lbs. Mayweather is that good! Ward is overarted! Carl Froch-LOL. OOh! what a bad man-LOL. Mayweather would frustarte ward all night and ward would not land a shot or very few shots! Mayweathers defense is just way to good and mayweather comes in incredible shape everytime! mayweather has the skill and the heart to beat a broken down ward even if ward had 20 lbs on him! Wards hand would break again right away and it would be game over!

Floyd is that good! best defense ever and best counter-puncher! Ward has never done anything to impress me to be considered the worlds 2nd lb for lb fighter! Ward never comes in the condition mayweather comes in and has not fought anybody that great! Carl froch-OOh what a bad ass! Chad dawson- Oh my lord what a bad-ass-lol  dawson just got dropped within a minute by stevenson.

ward is way overrated and why does 20 lbs matter so much? have you guys never seen a smaller guy beat the shit out of a fairly bigger guy? It is possible! weight does not mean that much especially if you are fighting somebody who's skills are not even close to your level. Floyd would teach andre ward how to box all over again! Floyds style would be to overwhelming to Andre wardward would not land a good punch the whole fight!Andre ward should stick to commentating!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2013, 02:34:52 AM »
I gaurantee Mayweather at 147lbs wpould beat ward at 170lbs. Mayweather is that good! Ward is overarted! Carl Froch-LOL. OOh! what a bad man-LOL. Mayweather would frustarte ward all night and ward would not land a shot or very few shots! Mayweathers defense is just way to good and mayweather comes in incredible shape everytime! mayweather has the skill and the heart to beat a broken down ward even if ward had 20 lbs on him! Wards hand would break again right away and it would be game over!

Floyd is that good! best defense ever and best counter-puncher! Ward has never done anything to impress me to be considered the worlds 2nd lb for lb fighter! Ward never comes in the condition mayweather comes in and has not fought anybody that great! Carl froch-OOh what a bad ass! Chad dawson- Oh my lord what a bad-ass-lol  dawson just got dropped within a minute by stevenson.

ward is way overrated and why does 20 lbs matter so much? have you guys never seen a smaller guy beat the shit out of a fairly bigger guy? It is possible! weight does not mean that much especially if you are fighting somebody who's skills are not even close to your level. Floyd would teach andre ward how to box all over again! Floyds style would be to overwhelming to Andre wardward would not land a good punch the whole fight!Andre ward should stick to commentating!

And Kesslar and Abraham are jokes too.  FMW won't touch guys with good power, activity, etc., who stand 5'11 or better.  In that case he should have fought Paul Williams at his apex (100 punches per round), which was 147-154 or took on a peaked Sergio 2-2.5 years ago.  

FMW was great pre-welterweight, has found away to pick his way through the welterweight division and make good money doing it while minimizing head damage. But he gets fucked by hall of fame quality middleweights or higher at catch-weights

I remember Steward and some of the greats saying, Hearn's right would catch up to FMW at some point, but unlike Leonard at 147 FMW would go down.

Let FMW finish undefeated on his nice little hand picked tour. He found away to get through the WW division without meeting a HoF rival at their peak.  

whitewidow

« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2013, 05:11:04 AM »
And Kesslar and Abraham are jokes too.  FMW won't touch guys with good power, activity, etc., who stand 5'11 or better.  In that case he should have fought Paul Williams at his apex (100 punches per round), which was 147-154 or took on a peaked Sergio 2-2.5 years ago.  

FMW was great pre-welterweight, has found away to pick his way through the welterweight division and make good money doing it while minimizing head damage. But he gets fucked by hall of fame quality middleweights or higher at catch-weights

I remember Steward and some of the greats saying, Hearn's right would catch up to FMW at some point, but unlike Leonard at 147 FMW would go down.

Let FMW finish undefeated on his nice little hand picked tour. He found away to get through the WW division without meeting a HoF rival at their peak.  

True but that does not mean he couldn't beat the best he just does not want to risk it and why if your making the kind of money he does. I taher fight a bunch of southpaw mexicans too. But I think if Maywetaher wanted he could easily beat down ward even weighing way less. Wards hand is screwed and he would just break it again trying to compete with floyd. you have to admit even though floyd picked some easy fights he is a great fighter who is def the best in boxing and i think would beat ward even fighting ward at 147 and ward at 170.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2013, 05:36:45 AM »
True but that does not mean he couldn't beat the best he just does not want to risk it and why if your making the kind of money he does. I taher fight a bunch of southpaw mexicans too. But I think if Maywetaher wanted he could easily beat down ward even weighing way less. Wards hand is screwed and he would just break it again trying to compete with floyd. you have to admit even though floyd picked some easy fights he is a great fighter who is def the best in boxing and i think would beat ward even fighting ward at 147 and ward at 170.

the issue i have with fmw is, he stayed away from cotto when he body punched quintana into oblivion.  instead, he grabbed cotto when he was all but done.  he more or less went on record as saying, paul williams was too big.  what makes you think he wouldn't do the same with ward, if ward was a 154 freak with his skills at 6'2.  he said, sergio martinez 2 yrs ago was too big at 5'9.5. how tall is saul?  i bet his bell weight is similar to martinez's since sergio is a bit undersized for a middle-weight.  i will give him a break on manny, because he won't touch a fight with arum getting a cut.  i mean he won't even touch pillow punching bradley since he signed with top rank, but make no mistake when burnt out manny's top rank contract is over fmw will jump on the fight for 50M.

his career is filled with too many timing fights. he just sat on the curve waiting for guys to turn into trash instead of taking them at their best and stayed away from 50.50 fights in which he couldn't pre-determine an easy boxing clinic win by his standards.    

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »
Darn shame Floyd Jr. wasn't around during the late 70's and 80's when the 4 kings were fighting - Duran,Hagler,Leonard, and the Motor City Cobra Tommy Hearns,(Benitez was getting old but still great also)
I don't know if Floyd could have beaten any of the fighters mentioned above, not knocking Floyd he is the man right now, but it would have been interesting to see how those fights would have played out

whitewidow

« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2013, 04:33:45 AM »
Darn shame Floyd Jr. wasn't around during the late 70's and 80's when the 4 kings were fighting - Duran,Hagler,Leonard, and the Motor City Cobra Tommy Hearns,(Benitez was getting old but still great also)
I don't know if Floyd could have beaten any of the fighters mentioned above, not knocking Floyd he is the man right now, but it would have been interesting to see how those fights would have played out

floyd would of won all of those fights.

whitewidow

« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2013, 04:44:02 AM »
weight and heaight do not matter too much when you are fighting a alete fighter! That is why I am saying Mayweather would beat ward weighing 147lbs and ward at 170lbs.
Look at what manny did to margarito and margarito held aboutb 15 lbs on manny and looked about a foot taller and Manny fucked margarito up so bad margarito needed a faceial reconfiguration! No Joke. That fight was UGLY! Manny did not get touched and margarito was a bloddy mess and had a busted everything! I think his jaw was broken if not everything else was foir sure broken. margarito was pouring blood everywhere and his eyes were so swollen! A good fighter is a good fighter. heaight and weight does not mean everything!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45:20 AM »
weight and heaight do not matter too much when you are fighting a alete fighter! That is why I am saying Mayweather would beat ward weighing 147lbs and ward at 170lbs.
Look at what manny did to margarito and margarito held aboutb 15 lbs on manny and looked about a foot taller and Manny fucked margarito up so bad margarito needed a faceial reconfiguration! No Joke. That fight was UGLY! Manny did not get touched and margarito was a bloddy mess and had a busted everything! I think his jaw was broken if not everything else was foir sure broken. margarito was pouring blood everywhere and his eyes were so swollen! A good fighter is a good fighter. heaight and weight does not mean everything!

You keep saying Ward @147 but he refused to fight Willaims (freak 147 like Ward would be) and Martinez @ 152-54. He has to beat the current freaks to move one down to his weight.  All he came up with is, Martinez and Williams couldn't produce the ppv nunbers or they were just too big.  Man, Ward's dimensions would be similar to Williams, except he is faster and a much slicker boxer.  

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2013, 12:15:20 PM »
white widow slamming the pain meds hard in this thread, there are weight classes for a reason, he would get man handled and bullied by a super middle

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
weight and heaight do not matter too much when you are fighting a alete fighter!

Wrong-it means everything.

That is why I am saying Mayweather would beat ward weighing 147lbs and ward at 170lbs.

Not even a remote possibility.

Man, Ward's dimensions would be similar to Williams

Utter nonsense.

whitewidow

« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2013, 12:20:08 PM »
You keep saying Ward @147 but he refused to fight Willaims (freak 147 like Ward would be) and Martinez @ 152-54. He has to beat the current freaks to move one down to his weight.  All he came up with is, Martinez and Williams couldn't produce the ppv nunbers or they were just too big.  Man, Ward's dimensions would be similar to Williams, except he is faster and a much slicker boxer.  

Ward is a horrible boxer! he is slow! Know way he would beat Mayweather. Mayweather plays the game very smart! If Mayweather were to fight ward ,ward would have no chance!
look at what Manny did to margarito when margarito weighed about 20 more lbs and looked about a foot taller! He fucked him up really bad! Margariot will never be the same after that fight , margarito needed face reconfiguration after that fight. Floyd would mess andre ward up real nicely especially since ward is never going to be 100% again. Floyd is in great shape! even though he is 38 floyd has not lost his touch.Easy win for Mayweather. Would it be a fight he would really take? hell no! why? He has a bunch of mexicans lined up till he retires. floyd does the smart thing not the most risky thing alrthough I dont think it would be a risk however I think Floyd would rather fight some southpaw mexican then andre ward.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2013, 12:22:38 PM »
Ward is a horrible boxer! he is slow!

Ok I get it now.  You're just trollin'

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2013, 12:22:47 PM »
Ward hasn't lost a fight since the age of 12.

The guy is not overrated lol

He'd beat GGG

The guy is Hopkins with speed and athleticism.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2013, 12:28:10 PM »
maragarito was never 20lbs heavier...... also you keep saying how slick floyd is etc etc

what your not getting is, he is slick as he still has power to keep the other welters in place, any proper , solid super middle would walk thru his best shots and chuckle to them selves , he would have no authority what so ever... he would be remorselessly punished, bullied and sent into retirement

i can think of 3 off the top of my head that would simply walk thru him for an easy nights work... ward, froch and kessler ........ theres plenty more whippersnappers who are climbing up the ranks who would do a job on him too... its just a stupid argument your trying to make

i dont even think his ego is big enough to try and claim he could

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
Golovkin is a modern day prime Kostya Tzsyu, he would present Mayweather with a fight he could genuinely lose, but only due to his accuracy as a puncher with both hands and one punch knock out power, more than likely mayweather would out point him over 12 rounds in a fight where he would be on his bike all night keeping his distance. Froch please shame Calzaghie isn't still fighting he cannot fight a good boxer, Ward showed that the first time, no point them fighting again, they are that far apart.Calzaghie Ward would be a great fight as both guys have good speed and movment both are well above the likes of Froch in terms of skill, taking nothing away from him as a genuine champion but hes limited when talking p4p

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2013, 04:26:07 PM »
Ward hasn't lost a fight since the age of 12.

The guy is not overrated lol

He'd beat GGG

The guy is Hopkins with speed and athleticism.

and it shows in the ring

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2013, 04:54:50 PM »
Mayweather......... beating Andre Ward...............