Author Topic: Pacific Rim Movie - Good or bad? Reviews?  (Read 13743 times)

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
Re: Pacific Rim Movie - Good or bad? Reviews?
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2014, 12:09:11 PM »
like bad xbox game without the cool xbox game plot

that being said i only saw th preview

i bet its utter shit

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2014, 07:54:22 PM »
This movie has been airing on HBO for the last few weeks. Good timing for Godzilla.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/04/cancel-the-apocalypse-and-call-a-meeting-at-the-pacific-rim-conference-table/

Cancel the Apocalypse and Call a Meeting at the ‘Pacific Rim’ Conference Table

As the sales of Jaeger and Kaiju toys and t-shirts out there demonstrate, fans still harbor a lot of love for Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim. One group of fans who just wrote a massive love letter to the giant monster fight flick are the folks at L.A. video game studio Robotoki. Working with Tom Spina Designs, they’ve created a nine-hundred-pound, twelve-foot-long coffee table that’s set atop a massive Jaeger arm. And they were kind enough to share with us the photos and video below (with its adorable 8-bit version of the Pacific Rim theme music), in which they unpack and assemble this bad boy in their offices… It’s enough to make me wish a Jaeger would fall out of the sky and land in back of my house so I could start making my own Pacific Rim furniture. But if that happened, then the Kaiju would wipe out mankind, and that ain’t happening. Not on my watch.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2014, 02:34:59 AM »
I watched the film again on HBO and I found that I enjoyed the film more the second time.  The plot is filled with cliches but I tried not to think about them and just enjoy the action.   
A

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41409

Guillermo Del Toro Announces Pacific Rim Sequel Release Date

Earlier this month, word broke that Zak Penn was joining forces with Guillermo del Toro to work on developing the script for Pacific Rim 2 and bring more Jaeger vs. Kaiju action to our screens. So often such reports don’t end up going anywhere other than limbo, but Legendary has just announced the new Rim film will arrive on April 7, 2017.

Speaking in the video statement, del Toro says that fans will be kept entertained by the continuing comic book series and an animated show that will follow the adventures of the monster-punching team. The enthusiastic director also mentions that original writer Travis Beacham will also be involved, presumably squeezing in time to help out between developing his various TV projects.

“The characters I love will return,” del Toro tells BuzzFeed in a new statement. “Raleigh, Mako, Newt, Gottlieb and who knows, maybe even Hannibal Chau – but we are taking them into a fresh territory that will display amazing sights and battles. The first film set the stage and now we’re ready to have a blast.” No deals have been set with the cast yet, but given that the release date is still three years away, there is at least time to figure everything out. And it’s not like Guillermo won’t be busy – he’s editing horror movie Crimson Peak, which is scheduled to land here on October 15 next year.

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2014, 09:05:23 PM »
The human "actors" are so dreadful in this yet all the cgi monsters and robots give great performances.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »
It was a bad movie.  A very, very, bad movie.  Stooooopid bad.  So bad that were it not in my best interest as a genuine humanitarian in warning others just how bad this film was, I would never admit to having seen it.

And by "bad", I mean the traditional reading of the word, not the "we be bad" version.    It's bad in the same way Ronnie Coleman is a tub of blubber fatso now, bad.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »
It was a bad movie.  A very, very, bad movie.  Stooooopid bad.  So bad that were it not in my best interest as a genuine humanitarian in warning others just how bad this film was, I would never admit to having seen it.

And by "bad", I mean the traditional reading of the word, not the "we be bad" version.    It's bad in the same way Ronnie Coleman is a tub of blubber fatso now, bad.

You are entitled to you opinion.   :)

Critical response

Pacific Rim received generally positive reviews from critics. Review aggregation website Metacritic gives a rating of 64 out of 100 based on reviews from 48 critics, which indicates "generally favorable" reviews.[109] The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 72% approval rating with an average rating of 6.7/10 based on 253 reviews. The website's consensus reads, "It may sport more style than substance, but Pacific Rim is a solid modern creature feature bolstered by fantastical imagery and an irresistible sense of fun."[110]

The Daily Telegraph's Robbie Collin awarded the film five stars out of five, likening the experience of watching it to rediscovering a favorite childhood cartoon. He praised del Toro for investing his own affection for the genre and sense of artistry into the project in such a way that the viewer found themselves immersed in the film rather than watching from afar, noting the director had catered to younger and older audiences alike and expressed surprise that the film could rise above the sum of its parts.[111] Todd McCarthy of The Hollywood Reporter gave a positive review, describing the film as the sum of the potential every monster film had ever tried to fulfill.[112] Lou Lumenick of The New York Post gave the film four stars out of four, and said it had "no shortage of brains, brawn, eye candy, wit and even some poetry", praising the "clean and coherent" action sequences and the "terrific chemistry" between Hunnam and Kikuchi.[113] Drew McWeeny of HitFix highlighted other aspects of the film, paying particular attention to the production and art design. He also praised the cinematography for "perfectly capturing" the film, and described the score as "ridiculously cool".[114] Rolling Stone's Peter Travers called the film "the work of a humanist ready to banish cynicism for compassion", saying that del Toro "drives the action with a heartbeat".[115] Keith Uhlich of Time Out called the film "pure, pleasurable comic-book absurdity", and noted that del Toro had lent the proceedings a "plausible humanity" lacking in most of summer 2013's destruction-heavy blockbusters. He said the Kaijus' civilian victims make a "palpably personal impression", deeming one scene with Mako Mori "as mythically moving as anything in the mecha anime, like Neon Genesis Evangelion, that the director emulates with expert aplomb."[116] The Village Voice's Stephanie Zacharek called it "summer entertainment with a pulse", praising its "dumbly brilliant" action and freedom from elitism, but noted the story is predictable and suggested del Toro's time would be better spent on more visionary films.[117] Angela Watercutter of Wired called it the "most awesome movie of the summer", a "fist-pumping, awe-inspiring ride", and opined that its focus on spectacle rather than characterization "simply does not matter" in the summer blockbuster context.[37] Richard Roeper gave the film a B, commenting that either the Jaegers or Kaijus "can take down any of the Transformers."[118] Leonard Maltin gave the film two-and-a-half out of four stars, calling it "three-quarters of a really good movie that doesn't know when to quit."[119]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Rim_(film)#Critical_response

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2021, 06:52:35 PM »
Pacific Rim: The Black

If it is set in Australia the people should have accents that fit.