Author Topic: New Yorkers Health Insurance Drop by 50%  (Read 9586 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
New Yorkers Health Insurance Drop by 50%
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:39:24 PM »

NEW YORK TIMES--

Individuals buying health insurance on their own will see their premiums tumble next year in New York State as changes under the federal health care law take effect, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced on Wednesday. State insurance regulators say they have approved rates for 2014 that are at least 50 percent lower on average than those currently available in New York. Beginning in October, individuals in New York City who now pay $1,000 a month or more for coverage will be able to shop for health insurance for as little as $308 monthly. With federal subsidies, the cost will be even lower.

Continued...
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/17/health/health-plan-cost-for-new-yorkers-set-to-fall-50.html?_r=0

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: New Yorkers Health Insurance Drop by 50%
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »
Would hit the curly hair girl.
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:48:08 PM »

IWMI!

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 02:04:06 PM »

NEW YORK TIMES--

Individuals buying health insurance on their own will see their premiums tumble next year in New York State as changes under the federal health care law take effect, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced on Wednesday. State insurance regulators say they have approved rates for 2014 that are at least 50 percent lower on average than those currently available in New York. Beginning in October, individuals in New York City who now pay $1,000 a month or more for coverage will be able to shop for health insurance for as little as $308 monthly. With federal subsidies, the cost will be even lower.

Continued...
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/17/health/health-plan-cost-for-new-yorkers-set-to-fall-50.html?_r=0

bullshit

nobody believes you or the NYT  Betty/Shlomo

I know, I know...say it to [your] face so you could "kick [my] teeth in"  ::)
K

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
I don't follow US politics that much, but that's a beautiful lady on the left :)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »
i'd let her give me a bed bath

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 02:27:25 PM »

NEW YORK TIMES--

Continued...

LOL...horseshit. hahahahahahahaha.

BTW, that's good looking lady, too bad Barry's gay, she doesn't affect him one way or the other. lol

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
With federal subsidies,

so, somebody is paying for the other half...the insurance companies didnt just drop their prices

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »
so, somebody is paying for the other half...the insurance companies didnt just drop their prices

Betty feels that everyone owes him a living...it's hard work walking the streets of NY trying to find enough gullible tourists to buy his broken alarm clocks.
K

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 02:36:36 PM »
Kinda weird.  My brother, who lives in the state of Washington, said his premiums are going down, too.  Wish mine were going down.  (If they are, I'm sure my company is just quietly pocketing the difference.)

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »
  Sure it will drop by 50% and the deductibles and co-pays go through the frigging roof

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »
Who pays 1000 a month for an individual policy? I pay 800 a month for a family of 4.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 08:17:39 PM »
Kinda weird.  My brother, who lives in the state of Washington, said his premiums are going down, too.  Wish mine were going down.  (If they are, I'm sure my company is just quietly pocketing the difference.)
I live in Washington, and I can guaran-fucking-tee you that my premiums are going nowhere but up. My mother, who works for the school district, is seeing her premiums skyrocket for coverage that is being throttled back. Pretty horrible.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »
I live in Washington, and I can guaran-fucking-tee you that my premiums are going nowhere but up. My mother, who works for the school district, is seeing her premiums skyrocket for coverage that is being throttled back. Pretty horrible.

I'll get some details from my little brother.  He lives near the canadian border, I think.  Not sure how big his company is.  Just know that he demolishes buildings for a pretty good living.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 04:27:22 PM »

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »
Would hit the curly hair girl.
i don't like my women in business suits

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »
I'll get some details from my little brother.  He lives near the canadian border, I think.  Not sure how big his company is.  Just know that he demolishes buildings for a pretty good living.
wherr at? I grew up about 80 miles from the canadian border. bellingham? Ferndale? Lynden? Blaine? Mount vernon or Burlington?

Jizzacked

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »

NEW YORK TIMES--

Continued...

as little?  still a huge fucking rip off.  health care/insurance is a joke in this country.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
The Explosion in Healthcare Premiums
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 07:43:31 PM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: The Explosion in Healthcare Premiums
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 07:46:32 PM »
CA.   Haha. 

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »
I am a registered Libertarian in AZ. I detest gov. Intervention into health care. It is going to fuck up 90% of my fellow citizens costs and coverage. Obama lied to us and the truth is starting to surface. The average family of 4 is going to pay $10K more each year. If only they could get their vote back.HOWEVEVER I said "average". My family is two people. I am on Medicare. My wife is stuck in a Rolls Royce Blue Cross plan of $1100 per mo. She has preexisting conditions and will not rewrite her into cheaper plan. We are on a fixed income. On Oct. 1st. We will sign up for van Obamacare platinum plan accepting preexisting conditions at a 50% savings. $6,000 a year savings. We are in the 10% will benefit. Good luck to the rest of you.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 08:19:26 PM »
If you don't have health insurance, then you are taxed more?
If this is the case, are you covered for any hospital visits?
N

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »
CA.   Haha. 

We're a liberal state ran by morons. I would expect nothing less.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »
If you don't have health insurance, then you are taxed more?
If this is the case, are you covered for any hospital visits?

Put your head between your legs and get ready to kiss your ass goodbye is what he is basically saying.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »
My healthcare insurance is a Medicare Advantage Enhanced Plus plan with Regence. Currently my premiums are about $250 a month. Broken down, about $100 is for Medicare and about $150 is for the enhanced coverage. Each year my out of pocket expenses go up. Last year for my wife and me they were over $8,000.

One can only hope that the runaway charges for medical care will be rained in with the Affordable healthcare act. Something needs to change. Folks with no medical coverage end up being a drain on those of us who pay for protection from out of site medical expenses.