Author Topic: Rip Sammy Yatim  (Read 12282 times)

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
Re: Rip Sammy Yatim
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2013, 02:16:24 PM »
Key stone coppers
X

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »
Isn't there a 21 foot rule regarding knives vs. guns?  Using a tazer as a lesser force option might have been a better than firing 9 shots at point blank range in a public place.  What part of drop the knife didn't this kid understand? 
I

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2013, 08:02:07 PM »
Isn't there a 21 foot rule regarding knives vs. guns?  Using a tazer as a lesser force option might have been a better than firing 9 shots at point blank range in a public place.  What part of drop the knife didn't this kid understand?  

Yes, the Tueller Drill. 21 feet is the distance where an opponent with a knife could overtake an armed man. That being said, it's usually a straightish rush, and wouldn't involve climbing, etc.... like this guy would have to do.

Do they use bean bag or pepper ball guns in Canada? That would've been a decent option in this case.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2013, 08:14:51 PM »
I may be jaded but...Fuck him. Crazy guy gets on a bus whips out a knife and his dick...50 people, who are terrified, run off the bus and call the cops. Cops show up, tell the guy to drop the knife. He doesn't. Cops shoot. End of story? No, Of course not. This shit is getting old.

21 feet is not a rule, it is refered to as the reactionary gap. A guy with a knife can close that gap faster than you can draw and pull the trigger. Dan Inosanto demonstrated this many times.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
Sammy would not drop the knife so the keystone cops shot him nine times then tasered him.  They seemed clueless to the fact that he was trapped, surrounded, could taser him first, use a stun grenade, use a dog or a plethora of other options.

many police seem to have adopted the military attitude that if theyre being threatened in any way with a weapon, deadly force is the only appropriate response. They seem to forget that theyre policing their own fucking peers, theyre not in a hostile country where everyone could be actively trying to kill them.

this militarization of our LEOs is fuckin bullshit imho.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Did the cops miss him after firing 9 times, because they were still telling him to drop the knife when they got on the bus and taser him.

MikMaq

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2013, 09:12:21 PM »
many police seem to have adopted the military attitude that if theyre being threatened in any way with a weapon, deadly force is the only appropriate response. They seem to forget that theyre policing their own fucking peers, theyre not in a hostile country where everyone could be actively trying to kill them.

this militarization of our LEOs is fuckin bullshit imho.
If you feel threatened in that situation you have no business being a fucking cop. These guys are put in stressful as fuck situations all the time. I respect cops but this guy obviously can't hack it. This was a zero threat situation. I wouldn't have any problem with the kid being shot, if the guy was by himself, but their were literally 22 officers at hand. If you can't manage this situation your a beta bitch that has no role in law enforcement. To pretend otherwise shows no understanding of how to deal with the mentally ill. 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2013, 10:25:15 PM »
Hey.. I have a idea.. DROP THE KNIFE!.. If a cop tells ya to do something.. Do it.. If you continue to make wild gestures with a weapon then ya get what ya get..

He was surrounded, in a trolly car ALONE with a fucking knife so why not TASER FIRST?!  Or how about a stun grenade, or just show the big German Shepard you are about to let loose. How about blasting him with pepper spray (or tear gas), tasering and letting the dog loose??  

The cop is suspended for a reason.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2013, 10:33:09 PM »
He was surrounded, in a trolly car ALONE with a fucking knife so why not TASER FIRST?!  Or how about a stun grenade, or just show the big German Shepard you are about to let loose. How about blasting him with pepper spray (or tear gas), tasering and letting the dog loose??  

The cop is suspended for a reason.

I for one support the German Shepard being allowed into play after the first sign/act of aggression because there is nothing quite as entertaining as watching a big mean dog biting into some asshole.

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:03 PM »
i stopped reading till the syria part ..

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2013, 06:22:58 AM »
There's a set of stairs at the front of the street cars and you have to turn a corner too then there's quite a drop. There's a lot of obstacles and it's not a straight rush. They should have just closed the door. And then asked what he wanted. True don't bring a knife to a gun fight. But this was not a fight. It was just a kid holding a knife.
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2013, 06:32:37 AM »
Not sure if it's true but a witness said it looked like the police were kicking something in there and I hope it wasn't sammy. Would the police even do that, kick a guy when he's down and after all that over kill? Can't imagine. :(
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
No justice no peace. Key stone cops.
X

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
Hopefully they kicked his head in as he was dying just to remind him what a cnt move it was to pull a knife on a bunch of innocent people

But lol, ever since the OPP shot Dudley George they've been unable to do anything to prevent the injuns from causing chaos, so timid and afraid of bad pr they let drunk savages harass and attack decent tax payers without doing a damn thing.

Now because of this turd kid I'm wondering if they'll have to turn a blind eye to Arabs as well :( oh, Canada

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2013, 11:34:50 AM »
Yeah, dudly george was a big media circus as well.
I don't see how they can pull the race card though.
Sammy is White in appearance and it was an all around white on White shooting. As far as appearances go... He was some white guy. I think the Cop should be charged with murder... But no racial issue here. Albino on albino lol   
X

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »
Here is an interview with someone who was actually on the streetcar.

Look I feel bad this kid melted down and lost his life as a result, but enough of this bullshit in Toronto where public places are being hijacked by people who feel its ok to pull out a gun or knife because they are having a bad day.

Honestly people are trying to turn this into another Travon Martin and it is not.

In my opinion the cop was stupid for firing as many times as he did but Sammy started all this by pulling out the fucking knife in the first place.

Also lets say for arguments sake that they took him down clean and arrested him, then he gets the 30 day assessment in CAMH nfrom there he is found that he is not criminally responsible then he is let out. Then a month later he snaps again and kills some lady with her kid or something. This has happened several times before in Toronto.

Sad what happened but this would have been the start of a lifetime of bullshit from this guy because they only get worse and worse.

I would love to see 2 things, the toxicology report and the cctv video that is on the streetcar, that would tell the story a lot more than video from 20 meters away from the streetcar.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/toronto-witness-recalls-scene-on-streetcar-before-sammy-yatims-death/article13522919/
"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »
I think also the cops in Toronto don't fuck around anymore when it comes to situations like this since that guy ran down the cop with the snowplow.

That guy was found not criminally responsible and will be walking among us soon enough, just like that asshole who cut that guys head off on the greyhound and that asshole doctor in Quebec who killed his 2 young children.

If anything blame the court system for the cops being trigger happy, because every time they take someone who is mental case down without killing them, and that perp has dome something really stupid to someone they receive a get out of jail free car via this not criminally responsible crap, the next one to come like that will be Luka Magnotta
"

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »
Ya it's true about the retard running over officer russel with the snow plow. It was so unexpected. Toronto is changing :(
X

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »
I say darwinism at it's finest. Not the best police work, but normal dudes don't go around with death wishes either.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2013, 05:18:00 PM »
He had his funeral today. I want justice. Key stone cops. No justice no peace.
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2013, 08:09:58 PM »
Where's the out cry? C'mon guys! He was a good Christian boy and even went to a Catholic school. They are killing us in his home country of Syria too :( Christians need to rise up! Will a fawk be given? 
X

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2013, 08:29:18 PM »
I love these types of videos/stories because hopefully it will deter the next generation of assholes from acting out in that manner.

Sometimes you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet and if a few stupid people like this guy or Trayvon lose their life well sometimes the ends justifies the means. I don't care to live in a society where people walk around waving around knives or jumping on people for no good reason. Dumb people should die, we all benefit when such an event occurs.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2013, 09:05:16 PM »
Key stone cops.
X

Rhino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »
he fucking asked for it..
not that i like pigs
being cute with police doest not justify murder. :(
X

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2015, 11:18:02 PM »
well they posted the video of that night from the camera inside  the camera.

The first 30 seconds are off the chart and quite HD for a security camera.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/21/forcillo-trial-first-witness-takes-stand
"