Author Topic: Shark Week  (Read 14578 times)

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
Re: Shark Week
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2013, 05:42:13 AM »
4 page thread about tv shoes.

And you guys wonder why your bodies are shit.

Talk about things that interests me please. Thanks

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »
BET TV is going to counter Shark Week next year with MudShark Week. Hear the Kardashian's just signed on...

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2013, 12:30:23 AM »
GOD  could not pay me enough to live in Australia. More poisonous snakes than any place in the world, no thanks.!

Eastern Taipan is the cutest one  ;D
O by the way, do you like sea snakes  :D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2013, 12:31:42 AM »
4 page thread about tv shoes.

And you guys wonder why your bodies are shit.

Talk about things that interests me please. Thanks
You don't like sharks Bouncer? 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »
Mofo can see behind himself.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »

What about Red Back spiders, they look nice !

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2013, 08:32:19 PM »
My boy on marathon dives five days a week. Never seen anything man water in 20+ years

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/08/08/world%E2%80%99s-unluckiest-man-gets-attacked-shark

World’s Unluckiest Man Gets Attacked by a Shark

They say lightning never strikes the same place twice, and your odds of winning last night’s Powerball were about 1 in 175 million. Tell that to the guy who was just bit by a shark after surviving both a lightning strike and an encounter with a rattlesnake!

Erik Norrie was snorkeling and spear fishing in the Bahamas with his family when a shark suddenly bit his leg, tearing out a chunk and leaving a pool of Norrie’s blood in the water. “You could see a piece of my leg in his mouth,” said Norrie.

Norrie’s quick thinking, and brave, father-in-law jumped into the water and got between Norrie and the shark, protecting him from another attack. Meanwhile, his wife and four daughters pulled him to safety aboard the boat and quickly fashioned a tourniquet out of the bands of the spear gun.

Norrie described the terrifying experience, saying that he truly thought he was going to die. “I didn’t keep my head cool. The Lord kept my head cool because I couldn’t have done it without Him,” he said.

Doctors believe Norrie’s leg will heal.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »
What about Red Back spiders, they look nice !

I had some living in my backyard.  I think my mum killed them for me because I wouldn't do anything about it.  I just let everything live even if its poisonous.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2013, 12:16:51 AM »
  I had some living in my backyard.  I think my mum killed them for me because I was too busy getting my tits shat upon.

Nicely said.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2013, 02:05:44 AM »
  I had some living in my backyard.  I think my mum killed them for me because I wouldn't do anything about it.  I just let everything live even if its poisonous.

Me too, why to kill them  :o
"Killing" Red Back beer is fine  ;D ;D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2013, 02:09:54 AM »
Sharks are watching Chuck Norris Week...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2013, 04:31:38 AM »
;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2013, 08:04:02 PM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
Shark Week has jumped itself. Really, how many slo-mo shots of an aerial great white must we see?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »
We must keep them in mind or they will attack us.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »

:D

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2013, 02:06:36 AM »
Dated fact.

All species of sharks off of the coast of that  continent moved to inhabit other waters for fear Vince Basile would take up swimming.

THE BEEF

haha,

Poor Vince

"

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2013, 02:04:20 AM »
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/turducken-of-the-sea-scientists-off-delaware-catch-shark-within-a-shark/

‘Turducken’ of the sea–scientists off Delaware catch shark within a shark

In a bizarre capture, bait is attacked by 3-foot shark, which is then 'completely swallowed' by a large sand tiger shark

August 14, 2013 by Pete Thomas

Researchers at the University of Delaware set out recently in the hope of recapturing tagged sand tiger sharks. They enticed a large female but it was the bizarre manner by which they captured the predator that left them shaking their heads in disbelief.

After casting a small fish called a menhaden, a small shark called a dogfish was quick to snatch the bait, only to be swallowed by the much larger sand tiger shark. “The dogfish was about 3 feet long and completely swallowed by the sand tiger shark,” states a post on the university’s ORB Lab Facebook page.

The researchers had captured a shark within a shark, which prompted Aaron Martens to comment: “There’s gotta be some kind of ‘turducken‘ label for this kind of situation.”

The ORB Lab is short for Ocean Exploration, Remote Sensing, Biogeography Lab.

Scientists are trying to recapture tagged sharks, or tags that have popped off of sharks, to compile data for study.

Sand tiger sharks are vicious-looking because of the many dagger-like teeth protruding from their jaws.

Writes the ORB Lab in a separate Facebook post: “Their protruding spike-like teeth are perfect for spearing their favorite foods: bony fishes, small sharks, rays, squids, crabs, and lobsters.”

Sand tigers, which can measure to about 10 feet, lose an average of one tooth per day and boast 56 rows of teeth in each jaw “at any time waiting to replace lost or broken teeth.”

The sand tiger in the photo looks to have lost a couple of front teeth during its attack on the dogfish and/or its capture (and release) by scientists.

Quite a day of fishing!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2013, 05:34:36 AM »
haha,

Poor Vince

LOL at that pic. Basile is looking for Goodrum on the beaches of NC.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2013, 05:38:08 AM »
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/turducken-of-the-sea-scientists-off-delaware-catch-shark-within-a-shark/

‘Turducken’ of the sea–scientists off Delaware catch shark within a shark

In a bizarre capture, bait is attacked by 3-foot shark, which is then 'completely swallowed' by a large sand tiger shark

August 14, 2013 by Pete Thomas

Researchers at the University of Delaware set out recently in the hope of recapturing tagged sand tiger sharks. They enticed a large female but it was the bizarre manner by which they captured the predator that left them shaking their heads in disbelief.

After casting a small fish called a menhaden, a small shark called a dogfish was quick to snatch the bait, only to be swallowed by the much larger sand tiger shark. “The dogfish was about 3 feet long and completely swallowed by the sand tiger shark,” states a post on the university’s ORB Lab Facebook page.

The researchers had captured a shark within a shark, which prompted Aaron Martens to comment: “There’s gotta be some kind of ‘turducken‘ label for this kind of situation.”

The ORB Lab is short for Ocean Exploration, Remote Sensing, Biogeography Lab.

Scientists are trying to recapture tagged sharks, or tags that have popped off of sharks, to compile data for study.

Sand tiger sharks are vicious-looking because of the many dagger-like teeth protruding from their jaws.

Writes the ORB Lab in a separate Facebook post: “Their protruding spike-like teeth are perfect for spearing their favorite foods: bony fishes, small sharks, rays, squids, crabs, and lobsters.”

Sand tigers, which can measure to about 10 feet, lose an average of one tooth per day and boast 56 rows of teeth in each jaw “at any time waiting to replace lost or broken teeth.”

The sand tiger in the photo looks to have lost a couple of front teeth during its attack on the dogfish and/or its capture (and release) by scientists.

Quite a day of fishing!

Good info Greg I didnt know that about Tiger Sharks. The Bull shark seems most aggressive other than the "beast" the great white shark.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
http://laughingsquid.com/12-foot-long-great-white-shark-suddenly-attacks-a-boat-filled-with-tourists/

12-Foot-Long Great White Shark Suddenly Attacks a Boat Filled With Tourists

Tour organizer Rainer Schimpf captured footage of a 12-foot-long great white shark attacking a boat full of German tourists off the coast of Mossel Bay in South Africa. The video, uploaded by Barcroft TV, includes footage of the shark’s sudden appearance and its ripping into the rubber side of the boat.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2014, 08:21:07 PM »

Read it again. Seems his real problem is with footwear.