Author Topic: Im a 16 year old kid , I need some advice on how to start.  (Read 8699 times)

stockykid

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Im a 16 year old kid , I need some advice on how to start.
« on: December 23, 2005, 07:02:49 AM »
Well, as soon as I can lift again , after the 27th , I want to start body building. I can't lift yet because i am healing from my hernia surgery. I need some advice on how to start bodybuilding. I already followed a work out plan but it wasnt for body building.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Im a 16 year old kid , I need some advice on how to start.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 05:01:23 PM »
this is a Man's sport.

Said the Jedi Knight.   ;D

I started last year at about this time when I had just turned 17. I have made really really good progress already. I just read all the articles I could and started out with this program: http://www.ast-ss.com/max-ot/max-ot_intro.asp

Plus someone, I don't know who told me about K.I.S.S (Keep it simple stupid). That helped a lot.

Good Luck
S

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 05:13:20 PM »
there are plenty of bodybuilding sites around...

READ....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bodybuilding
carpe` vaginum!

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 09:35:38 PM »
First things first. Tell your Doc that you plan to start lifting weights. There are age concerns to think about (ie. growth plates). If you are already a big kid you may be fine.

after that... for a young guy I'd suggest covering all the bases and looking at strength first.

try to work a full body routine 2 to 3 times a week.

make sure you work deadlifts, benchpress, and squats into your routine.

NEVER let pride decide your workout weight!!! Be STRICT about your form, never sacrifice more weight for form!!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »
jackcheze knows his shit..good advice man.
follow the arrows

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 10:21:09 PM »
full body routine 2 to 3 times a week.
1960 called. They said they want their routine back.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 10:24:10 PM »
Try a 3 day a week program, hitting each muscle once a week. Avoid overtraining. You could do "push" (chest, delts, tri's) on monday. "Pull" (back, bi's) on wednesday. And legs on friday.

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 10:28:08 PM »
gee loomis... um 1960 called they want their routine back...

did you just bag on me then repeat what I said??? Punch yourself in the head genius

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 10:31:10 PM »
did you get your hernia from weight lifting Stocky Kid? I doubt you are a very good wrestler if you are stocky and refer to yourself as a kid. Wresting is also a man's  sport. You have to make weight in wrestling and if you are stocky and chubby you probably werent very good at wrestling and bodybuilding will be no different. In fact bodybuilding is 100 times harder mentally and physically. We cant all be bodybuilders. Have you looked into competitive eating. They welcome stocky kids.

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 10:39:18 PM »
and JediKnight was formerly known as the Star wars kid, you know how in shape he was from his video on the internet

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 10:53:38 PM »
Jack,,u were a great teacher

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 11:02:10 PM »
and JackCHeze was formerly known as the Chesse Whiz Boy,,and we all know that you have never got any ass except from your dad and that darn Chesse Whiz Bottle.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 12:50:04 AM »
Not that i am using one right now, but ur saying full body workouts dont work........there an awesome workout if put together properly,right exercises etc.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 10:54:02 AM »
gee loomis... um 1960 called they want their routine back...

did you just bag on me then repeat what I said??? Punch yourself in the head genius
I thought you said "full-body routine 2-3x a week". I said, split the body up into 3 training days and hit each muscle once a week. How is that repeating what you said?

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 10:55:21 AM »
"punch yourself in the head genius" almost made me laugh out loud though. ;D

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2005, 12:28:17 PM »
i think that 16 might be too eaily to train to be a bodybuilder. bc you dont know if your body has stop growing. thats not to say that you cant workout. but to train as a bodybuild is more as a lifestyle then anything. have some fun while you can, i wish that i didnt became a die-heart bodybuilder in high school. bc i had to get things done and train/eat/sleep and start over.

i would strongly suggest that you talk to your doctor. abot weight training after a surgry. having surgry done changes things i.e. recovery from diffement kinds of stess.. so its hard to recommend something to you.. bc you have to  how you body deals with the muscle stress

you can always just lift for fun.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2005, 12:35:17 PM »
take back what I said..
Fullbody routine 3x a week IS going to give a beginner THE best gains..NOT hitting each muscle once a week on a 3 days/week split.
follow the arrows

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2005, 03:42:20 PM »
there are plenty of bodybuilding sites around...

READ....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bodybuilding

Yeah! what do you think this is... a "Training Q&A  forum or something where you can ask Questions & get answers?  ::)     
Masters- 50-54
148#

romeo

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2005, 08:23:26 PM »
if i had known what i am about to tell you when i first started at your age - i would have probably been a good 20kg heavier than what i am now.

i trained so hard - harder than anyone - lifting as heavy with as good form as possible.

YOU NEED TO HIT THE WHOLE BODY TWO OR THREE TIMES A WEEK.

squat
bench press
pull ups
bicep curl
close grip bench press (or other tricep exercise)

this is al one work out.

look at  http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html

do this for at least 9 motnhs to a year. then you have your base.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2005, 10:33:43 PM »
take back what I said..
Fullbody routine 3x a week IS going to give a beginner THE best gains..NOT hitting each muscle once a week on a 3 days/week split.
Define beginner. Are you just talking about the first few months where your getting used to the form and the different excercises? Then MAYBE fullbody workouts are ok. Beyond that, you gotta have a split.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2005, 11:21:25 PM »
I won the Teen California under 18 for bodybuilding. This kid at 16 is fat and stocky and already has a hernia. Forget bodybuilding kid. You dont have it in you. You say you are a wrestler but you are stocky and fat. How could you make weight. If you competed against heavier guys chances are they were built and strong not stocky..if you sucked at wrestling,,you are not gonna do anything with bodybuilding,,sometimes the truth hurts..everyone cant do this..so take my advice,,,take up Checkers before you drop a bar on your chest and really hurt yourself.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2005, 11:45:11 PM »
The best things you can do is to hit it hard and consistently. Stick with the basics, and learn proper strict form, this is the key. Here are some examples of what I mean by basics:

Chest- stick with Incline, flat and decline bench, as well as heavy dips and pullovers
Shoulders- overhead presses, upright rows, shrugs
Back- deads, chins, bent-over-rows, seated rows
Legs- squats, leg press, lunges, stiff-leg deads, lying leg curls, standing calf raise
Bi's- BB curls, DB curls, revers-curls
Tri's- close-grip press, skull crushers, press downs

Stick with these basics I just laid out.  There is no need to build your routine around other exercises, such as flys, leg ext, lateral raises. or any more isolated movements. Sure, you can add some other exercises in there for some variety, but your core routine for now should revolve around the basics laid out.  You are at the point to where you need to be concerned with building a solid base, and worry about the other stuff later.

Also, you need to make sure you are eating enough food to grow, if you don't you'll end up thinking like a lot of guys do, that you are a hardgainer. Most of these guys, not all but most are not really hard gainers... they just don't eat enough, drink enough water, or get enough sleep.

Listen to your body, experiment with different training splits and find what works for you, and if you do all this, I promise you that your progress will be great.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2005, 12:18:29 AM »
this kid will work out for a week then quit,,u are wasting ur time giving him advice,,teaching a kid the basics of bodybuilding is not gonna do anything for him,,u think he knows what skullcrushers are,,hell no,,and i am not being a dick,,i am being real jerk,,,fat boy needs to stick to eating double stuff oreos...it takes alot more than just basic movements to become a bodybuilder,,nutrition is key ,,supplements...if the kid doesnt know anything then he is not gonna make it,,,it's like teaching your mom that she is proud of you,,when in fact Benfun7..she feels like she made a mistake when she had u..

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2005, 12:24:11 PM »
if u just going to workout  like at week or two then  no routine can add mass in two weeks and quite. its better to have fun and do whatever exerise you want. bc your just going to waste time  with a full bbing routine

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2005, 03:16:15 PM »
I won the Teen California under 18 for bodybuilding. This kid at 16 is fat and stocky and already has a hernia. Forget bodybuilding kid. You dont have it in you. You say you are a wrestler but you are stocky and fat. How could you make weight. If you competed against heavier guys chances are they were built and strong not stocky..if you sucked at wrestling,,you are not gonna do anything with bodybuilding,,sometimes the truth hurts..everyone cant do this..so take my advice,,,take up Checkers before you drop a bar on your chest and really hurt yourself.
punch yourself in the head genius.