Author Topic: Question for Disgusted- Is the Grainy look achievable without GH?  (Read 9437 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Question for Disgusted- Is the Grainy look achievable without GH?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »
I wouldn't go that far. Lots of guys in the 80's had the grainy look. I have been at some pro shows and seen them up close. Sometimes photos don't show it well. No one today will be grainy with all the slin they are using.  Like I said, very low fat and holding no water or it's not there.

Depends on what you mean by grainy. If we mean like Dorian then not many duplicated the same type of look to the skin.

Guys have different "skins" even when doing the exact same drugs. Some have a thick skinned look, like Dexter IMO.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 07:45:36 PM »
You can get as lean as u want with diet u just won't carry as much muscle...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »
Depends on what you mean by grainy. If we mean like Dorian then not many duplicated the same type of look to the skin.

Guys have different "skins" even when doing the exact same drugs. Some have a thick skinned look, like Dexter IMO.

Dexter is grainy. Look at him up close and you will see why he was beating everyone few years back. As I mentioned before pics don't show it all. Dexter doesn't look all that impressive from afar. The closer you get you see what the judges see, shredded as fuck and grainy. Maybe not like Dorian but a grainy look non the less.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »

i can put it best like this.

if you want to look impressive in every day life, full round and 3d you need gh. anabolics alone will not give you that look that gh does.

if you want to be dense grainy and look like granite, you need to forgo the gh and focus on compounds like tren ace, prop, and diuretics to get rid of any sub q water.
b

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 08:56:24 PM »
Factors for grainy

1. no fat, no water, most important factor

2. genetics, 2nd most important factor

3. Tren, var, winny, halo and maybe masteron,  third most important factor.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 09:31:20 PM »
Dexter is grainy. Look at him up close and you will see why he was beating everyone few years back. As I mentioned before pics don't show it all. Dexter doesn't look all that impressive from afar. The closer you get you see what the judges see, shredded as fuck and grainy. Maybe not like Dorian but a grainy look non the less.

I'm not saying he isn't grainy, I'm just saying that at the same time he looks thicker skinned than some others. Some can completely lack the grainy look while being very thin skinned. Completely peeled yet not look the same as Yates or whoever we consider "grainy". Yates had a sort of unique look to him, which doesn't mean that there was no one else as lean as him. Or that Yates didn't use insulin or growth etc.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 09:33:28 PM »
JD Dawodu and Pavol Jabolicky (sure I misspelled their names) were granny before large gh doses were popular or affordable... as was munzer... gaspari was grainy at times.

it's more a factor of bodyfat and water, and heavy androgens keeping the fullness and pushing the fibers to the surface.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 09:42:44 PM »
I wouldn't go that far. Lots of guys in the 80's had the grainy look. I have been at some pro shows and seen them up close. Sometimes photos don't show it well. No one today will be grainy with all the slin they are using.  Like I said, very low fat and holding no water or it's not there.

this makes me question is insulin really worth it for anyone?  I mean once the damage is done is it reversible? I just don't see the point..I've never known anyone to look better after using it.  insulin blew my waiste up big time, I don't fuck with it anymore
l

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
I'm not saying he isn't grainy, I'm just saying that at the same time he looks thicker skinned than some others. Some can completely lack the grainy look while being very thin skinned. Completely peeled yet not look the same as Yates or whoever we consider "grainy". Yates had a sort of unique look to him, which doesn't mean that there was no one else as lean as him. Or that Yates didn't use insulin or growth etc.

Don't see too many black guys who look grainy. It might be the color who knows. I see what you are saying though and yes Dorian had a super grainy look that was easy to see.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »
this makes me question is insulin really worth it for anyone?  I mean once the damage is done is it reversible? I just don't see the point..I've never known anyone to look better after using it.  insulin blew my waiste up big time, I don't fuck with it anymore

Seems like you can look better for a short period of time then boom the nasty sides come on and I don't think you can recover 100%.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 06:28:13 AM »
dude at my gym around 50 years old, been working out forever, is grainy year round. only a buck 80 or so in weight, very muscular and grainy but NOT a mass monster by any means, i think he once told me the most he ever has weighed was around 200...

if i am to believe him he is ONLY on TEST Enanthate year round to get that paper skin look and muscularity???...hmm, speaking of that is paper thin skin and the "grainy" look the same thing? anyway...

while his diet is pretty strict 24/7 365 days of the year the guy NEVER does cardio except a slow walk every  great once in awhile on a treadmill?

makes me think either he has incredible genetics or he's taking something something along with his TEST E year round?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 06:41:39 AM »

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 09:44:06 AM »

insulin good for weight gain does not increase quality of physique and negative effects irreversible.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 10:01:20 AM »
So this gh water retention can't be manipulated through diet, sodium and fluid intake?

A lot of guys that compete are gonna take diuretics anyway. So if they need to eliminate the gh prior to the show leads me to believe that's the only way...

Ever seen a grainy looking kid?
Not even this Little hercules boy  ;D

Gh makes muscle look fresh, elastic, well hydrated, young.....

Of course that s the opposite of grainy

Grainy look is the lean old men s look

Competitors have to take Out gh two Weeks out for this reason

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 11:41:20 AM »
insulin good for weight gain does not increase quality of physique and negative effects irreversible.

no they aren't.

I abused insulin heavily for years. I was running 50+ iu/day 14years ago when everybody was saying it'd kill you and make you diabetic and make you fat, ect, ect, ect...

did it make me smoother when I was on it? sure.. it makes you hold water.

was it permanent?  no

I spent the majority of the past year in low low bf%, hard, lean, grainy, dry and more separated than i'd ever been in my life... even moreso than when I had aspirations to compete... and my waist was wayyy down. I needed a belt with 32" pants.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 09:28:36 PM »

no they aren't.

I abused insulin heavily for years. I was running 50+ iu/day 14years ago when everybody was saying it'd kill you and make you diabetic and make you fat, ect, ect, ect...

was it permanent?  no

I spent the majority of the past year in low low bf%, hard, lean, grainy, dry and more separated than i'd ever been in my life... even moreso than when I had aspirations to compete... and my waist was wayyy down. I needed a belt with 32" pants.

the thing is I am of the belief that too small of a waiste (in my case) and a lot of guys with narrow hips and not very developed midsections or guys with shallow abs, can actually look pretty bad. I haven't used insulin in forever and  I look like a homo...torso is not thick enough. I looked better when I used insulin and my waiste was thicker...I don't think it's really all that bad. a powerful physique should have a thick solid midsection IMO...I reallyl iked what insulin did to me the brief amount of time I used it. just a  more attractive look IMO...
l

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2013, 08:50:03 AM »

no they aren't.

was it permanent?  no

use and abuse different i suppose a fine line there.....

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
use and abuse different i suppose a fine line there.....

I abused insulin, no doubt about it. made my waist bigger sure.. but my waist was bigger when i was PLing than when i was at my heaviest bw as a bodybuilder (like 25lbs less).. within a year of going back to bbing (and bbing drugs.. and bbing drug doses), my waist was the smallest it'd been in 10years. I really didn't mind having a 'turtle belly'. I have a short torso and my stomach was still hard with a lil separation. 5 years after no insulin and 32" pants were too big around the waist. (good thing i wear either slacks or track pants/shorts... jeans never fit right.)

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »
I abused insulin, no doubt about it. made my waist bigger sure.. but my waist was bigger when i was PLing than when i was at my heaviest bw as a bodybuilder (like 25lbs less).. within a year of going back to bbing (and bbing drugs.. and bbing drug doses), my waist was the smallest it'd been in 10years. I really didn't mind having a 'turtle belly'. I have a short torso and my stomach was still hard with a lil separation. 5 years after no insulin and 32" pants were too big around the waist. (good thing i wear either slacks or track pants/shorts... jeans never fit right.)

so an abrupt decrease in dosage or gradual ? how was ur grainy factor did it make your skin loose after stopped using? i thought these things happen .....

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 02:42:26 PM »
so an abrupt decrease in dosage or gradual ? how was ur grainy factor did it make your skin loose after stopped using? i thought these things happen .....

I just stopped using it.

i never had any loose skin, and was grainy-er in the past year-2yrs than i'd ever been in the past, even when using double the amount (well, maybe 75% more) of AAS.

the increase in waist size depends on a few factors... how you train.. wearing a belt.. pl belts in particular (push your stomach out against the belt)... and how much you eat. insulin will make you hungry, so you'll eat more food.. and gh will allow you to eat more food w/o getting fat... add all that stuff up andyou'll have a bigger midsection.

insulin will 'blur' your lines as well from water retention. cut the insulin. cut the gh.. cut your estrogen.. cut your water.. diet down as low as possible (which for a bber should be your goal anyways) and Ta-DA! you're grainy.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »
I just stopped using it.

i never had any loose skin, and was grainy-er in the past year-2yrs than i'd ever been in the past, even when using double the amount (well, maybe 75% more) of AAS.

the increase in waist size depends on a few factors... how you train.. wearing a belt.. pl belts in particular (push your stomach out against the belt)... and how much you eat. insulin will make you hungry, so you'll eat more food.. and gh will allow you to eat more food w/o getting fat... add all that stuff up andyou'll have a bigger midsection.

insulin will 'blur' your lines as well from water retention. cut the insulin. cut the gh.. cut your estrogen.. cut your water.. diet down as low as possible (which for a bber should be your goal anyways) and Ta-DA! you're grainy.

and this my friends is how "would be good physiques" are ruined. best not listen to anyone who cant back their shit up. disgusted looked phenominal in his prime, and says stay away from slin...think thats what ill do. your a fucking gimmick dude, all guys like you do is fuck up physiques on a daily basis
l

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »
and this my friends is how "would be good physiques" are ruined. best not listen to anyone who cant back their shit up. disgusted looked phenominal in his prime, and says stay away from slin...think thats what ill do. your a fucking gimmick dude, all guys like you do is fuck up physiques on a daily basis

agreed stay away from slin......

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2013, 12:24:19 AM »

back my shit up? dude, you're a little punk kid with ZERO life experience and who places WAYYYY to much of time and energy with winning the "internet bodybuilding" thing. I'm a grown man with better things to worry about. Adult things and responsibilities that you won't relate to for another 10years until you grow up. 

back my shit up... lol... fuck you're an idiot. you and your internet idols and 'friends'.

"would be good physiques" are ruined? my physique is ruined? how the fuck would you know? i'm a gimmick? what the fuck does that even mean?! your entire life is warped by this internet bbing message board jargon. "gimmick".. "Troll"... i'd bet a wooden nickel you use these terms in your daily life and the people around you... the people who have to be around you, look at you like you're a fucking clown. Sad thing is you'll be 30years old with a series of failed relationships with women who leave your immature ass and a string of dead-end jobs you get fired from before you realize what a clown you are and how much time and energy you wasted "backing your shit up" on the internet.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2013, 12:31:13 AM »
back my shit up? dude, you're a little punk kid with ZERO life experience and who places WAYYYY to much of time and energy with winning the "internet bodybuilding" thing. I'm a grown man with better things to worry about. Adult things and responsibilities that you won't relate to for another 10years until you grow up.  

back my shit up... lol... fuck you're an idiot. you and your internet idols and 'friends'.

"would be good physiques" are ruined? my physique is ruined? how the fuck would you know? i'm a gimmick? what the fuck does that even mean?! your entire life is warped by this internet bbing message board jargon. "gimmick".. "Troll"... i'd bet a wooden nickel you use these terms in your daily life and the people around you... the people who have to be around you, look at you like you're a fucking clown. Sad thing is you'll be 30years old with a series of failed relationships with women who leave your immature ass and a string of dead-end jobs you get fired from before you realize what a clown you are and how much time and energy you wasted "backing your shit up" on the internet.

this is true...and it's part of the reason why I am posting less and less. the internet is full of fake people who have no clue what there talking about like yourself.  fyi Im bigger and leaner than you, there are guys who have been using shit for decades who still dont know what they are talking about. for the millionth time, back up your claims showing me a massive lean 260lb dude like you said.....its very simple. One picture and everyone leaves you alone? why haven't you done it?

CAUSE YOU FUCKING CANT. look at you meltdown like a bitch every time i call you out, meanwhile all you have to do was post a pic. Surely a 260lb ripped massive bodybuilder would have some pics he took at some point in his life? ::)
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2013, 12:35:28 AM »
funny thing is the guy says he could  care less about what people think of him on an anonymous bodybuilding board, yet he's on here constantly trying to get credibility seeking approval with his anonymous  advice to strangers ;D
 cant have your cake and eat it too booboo :-*
l