Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly Exposes Al Sharpton for Lying 'Once Again' on National Television  (Read 11762 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
you mean like tax credits to oil companies or farm subsidies or other transfer of our tax dollars to wealthy corporations and individuals

Tax credits are somewhat different – but, fundamentally I don't think the government should be handing out subsidies to oil companies, farms and so on.

do you really think that suggesting the government give food to people who don't need assistance is an argument against giving a bit of assistance to people who actually need it to live

No. But if you believe that government has a responsibility to provide food to people who can't afford it, I wanted to understand if you consider it a basic, fundamental right to have food on the table.

did it occur to you that maybe the government has an interest in it citizens not starving to death (shit maybe some of those getting assistance will grow up and pay taxes someday like a few posters on this board whose parents utilized food stamps when they were kids - I won't mention their names)

The question isn't whether the government has an interest. The question is whether the government has a legitimate interest.

As for your example it's really quite silly. Surely, by the same token, the government has an interest in every aspect of your life, and its interest makes it your master, not your servant.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Tax credits are somewhat different – but, fundamentally I don't think the government should be handing out subsidies to oil companies, farms and so on.

No. But if you believe that government has a responsibility to provide food to people who can't afford it, I wanted to understand if you consider it a basic, fundamental right to have food on the table.

The question isn't whether the government has an interest. The question is whether the government has a legitimate interest.

As for your example it's really quite silly. Surely, by the same token, the government has an interest in every aspect of your life, and its interest makes it your master, not your servant.

I never said the government had a "responsibility" to provide food to anyone

I think they (we) have a human and socioeconomic interest in not allowing people to starve to death but in doing so that doesn't mean we need to provide food to everyone, even if they don't need help

how is my example silly

don't you think that people who receive assistance may someday actually pay a lot in taxes (I'm not suggesting that's the governments motivation at all)

how do you take that and extrapolate "by the same token" that the government has an interest in every aspect of your life

here's my simple bottom line

the government has an economic interest (and even a human interest) in keeping it's citizens healthy and nourished and if some need temporary assistance with that it's well worth it in both human and economic terms  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
To answer your question then I would say no

Why would the government provide food to people who don't need assistance in that area

I assume this is a joke or going to lead to some other angle?
do you not understand that this guy doenst need assistance but your ok with him getting it?

you just contradicted yourself

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
do you not understand that this guy doenst need assistance but your ok with him getting it?

you just contradicted yourself

read my posts and stop asking stupid questions

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
read my posts and stop asking stupid questions

Your posts boil down to "yes, I'm ok with him getting free food even if he chooses to not be able to afford food, because the spirit of the law is to provide food to those who can't afford food and he, by choosing not work, can't afford food."

Has it occurred to you that this approach might mean that a single mother of two, who works but still can't afford to feed her children, might have to send them to bed hungry, so people who choose to not work can eat sushi and hang out by the beach?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Your posts boil down to "yes, I'm ok with him getting free food even if he chooses to not be able to afford food, because the spirit of the law is to provide food to those who can't afford food and he, by choosing not work, can't afford food."

Has it occurred to you that this approach might mean that a single mother of two, who works but still can't afford to feed her children, might have to send them to bed hungry, so people who choose to not work can eat sushi and hang out by the beach?

how about rather than making up something you just use my actual quotes

here are a few examples

if you can't figure out my point of view by now then there is no point in going further but don't "make up" a point of view and then assign to to me

again, I fully understand how this guy laughing about collecting food stamps elicits the predictable (and fully justifiable response) but how to you know this guy is even violating the spirit of the law.
how do you know for example (based on the link you posted) that he doesn't live in one of the areas that doesn't have a work requirement

I fully agree that this guy is a POS but I don't know or see any proof that he is committing obvious fraud (as some have suggested) which is all I ever asked making this claim to support

This guy sums up the situation pretty well and basically mirrors most of what I have written in this thread

http://www.inquisitr.com/901153/jason-greenslate-beach-bum-supposedly-living-off-food-stamps-rattles-fox-news/

I think it's to help people avoid starvation and malnutrition whether they are "trying" as you put it or not (we know this because some areas don't have a work requirement)

Again, I understand how  this guys story elicits emotions and anger because this guy is flaunting his use of the system

I'd rather people have access to enough food to not starve to death even if it allows a few douche bags like this guy to slip through the cracks

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Why would the government provide food to people who don't need assistance in that area
I think it's to help people avoid starvation and malnutrition whether they are "trying" as you put it or not
do you not see how a govt program that gives ppl a certain set of food would help avoid starvation and malnutrition?

youre supposedly for that in one instance and then against it in the other, bc ppl may not need it...

THIS GUYS DOESNT NEED IT!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
do you not see how a govt program that gives ppl a certain set of food would help avoid starvation and malnutrition?

youre supposedly for that in one instance and then against it in the other, bc ppl may not need it...

THIS GUYS DOESNT NEED IT!!!!

the very fact that he doesn't have a job PROVES he quite likely needs it

try to remember that the basic gripe on this board is that everyone believes he is committing fraud (though no one yet can prove it) and that he is capable of working but CHOOSES not to

the CHOOSING NOT TO part is the part you're supposed to be angry about.....remember ?

Try to pay attention to what Fox News wants you to get angry about

tonymctones

• Getbig V
the very fact that he doesn't have a job PROVES he quite likely needs it

you cannot be this fucking stupid!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
you cannot be this fucking stupid!!!!

says the guy who has no other response and can't counter anything I've said

tonymctones

• Getbig V
says the guy who has no other response and can't counter anything I've said

the fact he doenst have a job by CHOICE is PROOF that he needs food stamps to you?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the fact he doenst have a job by CHOICE is PROOF that he needs food stamps to you?

Who would voluntarily be on welfare and food stamps ???

Is the welfare check really that fat?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Article posted the other day pointing out that welfare recipients in a few areas receive more money than the salary of an entry level programmer.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Sharpton should be tried for a thousand hate crimes, inciting riots and civil unrest, and labeled a racist, then be beaten relentlessly with shoes about the face and hung from the nearest tree.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

bears

• Getbig IV

the problem are the guys making money and not reporting the income so that they can get government assistance.  it's a pretty easy system to abuse.  the lower income returns aren't audited like the high income returns.  

I can't tell you how many time I've heard, "No I can't send him a 1099 it will screw up his welfare and/or unemployment."

at least 10-15 times every January.

guys get away with it year after year after year.  if I did it ONCE I would probably get audited.

it's a fairly easy thing to catch by an auditor.  but they roll the dice and they're usually OK.  but if the employer gets caught he's gotta fork over the e-ee and e-er portion of the payroll taxes.  So they think they're being a nice guy but they never realize just how nice they're being.  good luck asking the guy who YOU  did a favor for his portion of the payroll taxes you got pinched for.

for the record, the welfare system is fair when used fairly.  but its not.  thousands and thousands of people abuse the shit out of it.  and none of them EVER think what they're doing is wrong.  EVER.

jjbones

• Getbig II
Fox News should be ashamed of itself for portraying this guy (Jason the Surfer) as representative of the typical recipient of SNAP benefits
But then again Fox knows that the majority of their viewers are morons who will gobble up this shit hook, line and sinker and beg for more

That's the best you can do ... call conservatives morons.  Really. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
That's the best you can do ... call conservatives morons.  Really. 

Dont mind him.   He is a paid shill for the left

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Dont mind him.   He is a paid shill for the left

And a dumb one at that.