Author Topic: since my delts are really under developed, what am i doing wrong?  (Read 108560 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: since my delts are really under developed, what am i doing wrong?
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 07:41:36 AM »
overtraining.
Agreed, unless he's using uber-light weights.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 07:42:39 AM »
this.

only so much you can do with genetics like that.

all your injections from now on should be in your delts. give them an artificial fullness.

standing side db raises, reverse pec dec machine, cable shoulder press. (i feel this in delts more then db presses), standing front raises.

use a weight you can control and go to 10-12 clean reps. heavy weight your swinging around is not what you want.  

This is good advice...

Delts are a bodypart I strongly feel requires higher reps, and responds best to fast paced, high intensity "pump" type workouts.

I think your best delt workouts really come from heavy benching and rowing, so on shoulder day I blast mine high reps and the goal is just get a brutal pump in about 40 mins...This seems to make mine explode. 15lb dumbell laterals for 20 will make any bodybuilder struggle if one right.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 07:43:22 AM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 07:47:02 AM »
This is good advice...

Delts are a bodypart I strongly feel requires higher reps, and responds best to fast paced, high intensity "pump" type workouts.

I think your best delt workouts really come from heavy benching and rowing, so on shoulder day I blast mine high reps and the goal is just get a brutal pump in about 40 mins...This seems to make mine explode. 15lb dumbell laterals for 20 will make any bodybuilder struggle if one right.
Agreed... I've been finding certain muscle groups/exercises require lighter, pumping, high paces sets, and others slow, deliberate piston type movements. Im still working on what works best for each bodypart... but for me, my triceps never changed until I started pumping them out lighter, faster, and with more reps. Squats also seem to do better for me lighter and faster...

Biceps also seem to work better with a faster paced pumping style workout. For me, most chest exercises seem to do better with slow, deliberate motions (aside from cable flyes). As do most heavy compound exercises. Deadlifts I absolutely CANNOT go with a fast, pumping style. I tried once and never again.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 07:47:51 AM »
You trolling brah?
Seems like a lot of work sets for such a small bodypart, and for the amount of gear he's pinning, unless he's using light weights. Just my limited .02

ukjeff

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 07:49:50 AM »
You trolling brah?

Nah, being serious, who really does all that work for such a small muscle as delts?
Its way too much.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2013, 07:49:57 AM »
overtraining.

Find pics of someone with good delts?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 08:16:31 AM »
Nah, being serious, who really does all that work for such a small muscle as delts?
Its way too much.

Man, even in my natty/clean as a whistle days, I had no issues blasting 20 sets on delts in 40 mins. As long as my nutrition was good, and I'd take a rest day every 3 or 4 days, I was never "overtrained." I've only ever felt like that when I try to lift 6 or 7 days straight.

Even now, my recovery is twice as good as my natty days, but I still get worn down after 4-5 days straight. I wouldn't go so far as to claim overtraining.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 08:18:17 AM »
Agreed... I've been finding certain muscle groups/exercises require lighter, pumping, high paces sets, and others slow, deliberate piston type movements. Im still working on what works best for each bodypart... but for me, my triceps never changed until I started pumping them out lighter, faster, and with more reps. Squats also seem to do better for me lighter and faster...

Biceps also seem to work better with a faster paced pumping style workout. For me, most chest exercises seem to do better with slow, deliberate motions (aside from cable flyes). As do most heavy compound exercises. Deadlifts I absolutely CANNOT go with a fast, pumping style. I tried once and never again.

Yeah man I hear ya. Anything heavy and i like to go slow/controlled. And the only thing nowadays I go heavy on is squats and deads. Everything else I like an epic pump workout.

ukjeff

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 08:20:38 AM »
Man, even in my natty/clean as a whistle days, I had no issues blasting 20 sets on delts in 40 mins. As long as my nutrition was good, and I'd take a rest day every 3 or 4 days, I was never "overtrained." I've only ever felt like that when I try to lift 6 or 7 days straight.

Even now, my recovery is twice as good as my natty days, but I still get worn down after 4-5 days straight. I wouldn't go so far as to claim overtraining.
Its obviously not working for anabolichalo, thats bearing in mind hes actually doing it.   ::)

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 08:23:49 AM »
Try swapping militarys for pbhn from ear level (to protect rotary cuffs)
I prefer using the pins set at ear level and pausing on them at the bottom of eavh rep.

This made the biggest difference to my deltoid development, not saying they are anything special  at allbut they really were piss poor and very flat from the front.it actually made traps grow too?

random letters

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 08:33:30 AM »
It's over training.  Plain and simple.  With the amount of work that the anterior and posterior delts get via compound movements on your other days, 24 working sets is just way too much.  A dedicated "shoulder day" is retarded.  Let alone one that is taking you 1.5 hours to complete.  I never spend more than 50 minutes in the gym personally.  If I can't get it done inside 50 minutes, it doesn't need doing.  Work smarter, not harder.  Particularly if you are natty.

I don't know if this is a troll thread or not, so I'm not going to spend a bunch of time.  Try doing less for a while and see what you get.  Focus on really clean reps paying extra attention to the eccentric portion of the movement.  Concentrate on the mind/muscle connection.  Try to "feel" the movement working the muscle.  Short rest periods between sets (45 seconds to a minute).  Use a weight that is challenging, but does not sacrifice form or your ability to concentrate on the eccentric portion of the movement.  With the time you save, do some calf, ab or forearm work.  Everyone I know neglects at least one of those areas.

Try lowering to 12-16 working sets and keep it between 6 and 10 reps.  A press, a lateral movement, and a raise.  Do it on a day that isn't near back/chest.  Or try a push/pull/legs routine.  If you are over training everything (and you probably are if that is really your delt routine), it could be a great routine for you.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 08:36:40 AM »
equipoise is not a natural hormone

i'm natural

wtf??i thought started on some gear or something?
T

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 08:45:11 AM »
overtraining.

This. Plus. That was your delt work out only, correct? In training chest, you're hitting delts again, etc...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
It's over training.  Plain and simple.  With the amount of work that the anterior and posterior delts get via compound movements on your other days, 24 working sets is just way too much.  A dedicated "shoulder day" is retarded.  Let alone one that is taking you 1.5 hours to complete.  I never spend more than 50 minutes in the gym personally.  If I can't get it done inside 50 minutes, it doesn't need doing.  Work smarter, not harder.  Particularly if you are natty.

I don't know if this is a troll thread or not, so I'm not going to spend a bunch of time.  Try doing less for a while and see what you get.  Focus on really clean reps paying extra attention to the eccentric portion of the movement.  Concentrate on the mind/muscle connection.  Try to "feel" the movement working the muscle.  Short rest periods between sets (45 seconds to a minute).  Use a weight that is challenging, but does not sacrifice form or your ability to concentrate on the eccentric portion of the movement.  With the time you save, do some calf, ab or forearm work.  Everyone I know neglects at least one of those areas.

Try lowering to 12-16 working sets and keep it between 6 and 10 reps.  A press, a lateral movement, and a raise.  Do it on a day that isn't near back/chest.  Or try a push/pull/legs routine.  If you are over training everything (and you probably are if that is really your delt routine), it could be a great routine for you.

This overtraining business is nonsense bro science. Unless he is constantly run down and his immune system is wrecked, he's NOT over trained.

LanceD

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 08:59:32 AM »
well, the first thing you are doing wrong is asking these no pussy getting mother fuckers advice, they don't even lift...read education of a bodybuilder and get into g4p asap, try another sport. hope this helps

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »
This overtraining business is nonsense bro science. Unless he is constantly run down and his immune system is wrecked, he's NOT over trained.

exactly

your body starts to shut down when you are overtrained

flu like symptoms etc

T

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
Regarding over training, what about causing too much muscle fiber break down to the point where it's counter productive. Is that possible given say his routine?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
overtraining.

That's what I was thinking...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2013, 09:47:21 AM »
Regarding over training, what about causing too much muscle fiber break down to the point where it's counter productive. Is that possible given say his routine?

I don't see this being possibly for an average lifter/bodybuilder with decent nutrition on a traditional 5 day a week split. In fact I'd say it's damn near impossible on a normal bodybuilder split, even crushing everything twice a week during those 5 days. Your bodies ability to adapt to stress is remarkable. Drug free or not.
I think the training in those 5 days will always lead to elevated protein synthesis and subsequent hypertrophy if nutrition is adequate, and you sleep like a normal person should.

Ask Coach about this...I know he LOLs at this concept as well, talking about Bodybuilders who do 20 sets a day 5 days a week and then claim overtraining.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2013, 09:48:43 AM »
before i did way less and it didnt do shit either

i dont think the volume is the problem

too scared to go to complete failure

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
Will has the answers.  :D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013, 10:13:19 AM »
i dont think so because i'm adding about one rep per week to my first set of military press with 70kg

overtraining

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 10:16:53 AM »
The real danger from overtraining is developing tendinosis , that's a real bitch to cure.

I do delts after chest, ever four days, every couple of weeks I start my "press" day with hs behind the neck presses.

But yes

Genetics

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
The real danger from overtraining is developing tendinosis , that's a real bitch to cure.

I do delts after chest, ever four days, every couple of weeks I start my "press" day with hs behind the neck presses.

But yes

Genetics

I split em.  Fronts with chest.  Side and rear with back.

Push torso

Pull torso