Author Topic: Ben Affleck will be the new Batman  (Read 67884 times)

hench

• Getbig V
Re: Ben Affleck Is Batman
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2013, 05:10:50 PM »
would love to see him back, would be like connery returning as bond.
Did you not see the pic i posted up earlier? Here is keaton as he appears in the new robocop film, not much different really.

He did an amazing job and many people think his "Batman / Bruce Wayne" was the best so far... I am one of them.

Would you support him with a good makeup / hair dye job as a return?

Could he pull it off?

I mean, he is really getting up there, but if hollywood does their job in the makeup department, he could make it work.

Think about how much younger Harrison ford looks in movies compared to his interviews on Leno or whatever.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2013, 05:17:52 PM »
Did you not see the pic i posted up earlier? Here is keaton as he appears in the new robocop film, not much different really.

I did... I think he would need a little more hair still... but like I said, nothing a little hollywood makeup can't handle.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2013, 05:27:50 PM »
I did... I think he would need a little more hair still... but like I said, nothing a little hollywood makeup can't handle.

Wig during Wayne scenes, then lots of Batman scenes where hair does not matter

peruke

• Getbig III
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »

;DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHLECK!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
Wig during Wayne scenes, then lots of Batman scenes where hair does not matter

Very plausible, but it looks like we are getting Affleck.

I'm not hating on it... Great directors make mediocre actors look good.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »
Very plausible, but it looks like we are getting Affleck.

I'm not hating on it... Great directors make mediocre actors look good.

LOL We're getting Affleck alright, nothing much we can do about it :D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38584

Superman/Batman Film Will Shoot In Detroit
The new home of Metropolis and Gotham. Gothtropolis?

Though there was a thought that Zack Snyder would be returning to Vancouver and its environs (a favourite shooting haunt of his) to film the Superman/Batman crossover-flavoured Man Of Steel sequel, Canada will have to manage without the last son of Krypton and Gotham’s Caped Crusader: they’re off to Michigan.

In an announcement from the Michigan Film Office, picked up by Coming Soon’s Bat-web radar, the superhero mash-up, lured by tax incentives, will film in and around Detroit. Which means that both Metropolis and, presumably, Gotham will both be played on screen by a city that has recently declared bankruptcy. Hopefully Bruce Wayne’s billions will be a welcome cash injection.

“Detroit is a great example of a quintessential American city, and I know it will make the perfect backdrop for our movie,” says Snyder. “Detroit and the entire state of Michigan have been fantastic collaborators, and we are looking forward to working together on this film.”

With the title still undecided, we do know the film will feature returning Steel workers Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, joined by Ben Affleck, who, as you may have heard (and read via the virtual gnashing of teeth and rending of garments online), is playing Bats. It’s scheduled to kick off production early next year for a July 17, 2015 release date in the US (and possibly here, though there has been no official word on that).

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2013, 03:39:30 AM »
Affleck is only partly to blame for Daredevil. Blame Mark Steven Johnson - dickhead director who blew his fanboy wad and couldn't control his excesses on that film, and also blame the studio for fucking around with the production of Daredevil.

Having said that, I'm not leaping out my skin at the thought of him as Batman. If they really want an old grizzled Batman, they should get  someone like Alec Baldwin to play the part. Stacey Keach would have been perfect 10 years ago or so as the Dark Knight Returns Batman too, I always thought.

And me to the list of Michael Keaton fans - his Batman was great.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2013, 04:05:19 AM »
they should have adapted the dark knight returns for the big screen lie they planned a while back, keaton would play an older grizzled bruce wayne, no need for wigs.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2013, 04:48:42 AM »

From this pick I would have brought him as Wayne.  But they are looking 10 yrs down the road and several movies like Wolverine, which I really don't like.   Anyway, he'll look 70 in that time.  I'm cool with Affleck, who has improved his acting chops.  Lets see what happens as this progresses.  I think they will put a lot of material out to get the early buzz like Avengers (another one I hated) got and rolled to 1B at the box office.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2013, 05:14:05 AM »
Cranston as Lex....damn, that would be great.  I am already starting to go into depression over the ending of Breaking Bad.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2013, 05:40:37 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2013/10/the-most-intentionally-funny-video-of-the-day-101723-pete-holmes-batman-vs-superman/

The Most Intentionally Funny Video of The Day 10/17/13: Pete Holmes’ Batman vs. Superman

The government is no longer shut down. We’re back, or so say many Tumblr .gifs, so before you go check if anything actually changed (and then realize it probably hasn’t on a personal level), get your spirits up by watching The Most Intentionally Funny Video of The Day.

Today’s MIFV comes from Nerdist’s own You Made It Weird host Pete Holmes and his Pete Holmes Show coming up on TBS: Pete reprises his role as “Batman”/Badman and trash talks Superman, which a Justice League movie could do well to take notes from.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2013, 11:32:12 PM »

Affleck...Solid Getbigger.

whitewidow

« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2013, 03:13:21 AM »
>:(    When was the last time he made a decent movie?  This is like Val Kilmer II in my book.

Ben Affleck will play Batman in the followup to this summer's "Man of Steel," due in 2015.

Ever since the announcement at Comic-Con that Batman would make an appearance in the the sequel to "Man of Steel" (and Christian Bale's declaration that he wouldn't be donning the cape a fourth time), rumors have been swirling about who would be playing Gotham's vigilante guardian. In a statement today, director Zack Snyder named Affleck the next caped crusader, touting his ability to portray a wizened Dark Knight and affirming that the actor can successfully embody the gravitas and wit of the one and only Bruce Wayne.

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman," Snyder wrote. "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."

Henry Cavill, of course, will be returning as Superman in the yet-to-be-named sequel. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and Diane Lane are also set to reprise their respective roles. You can catch Ben Affleck as Batman when "Man of Steel 2" (or whatever it's called) soars into theaters July 17, 2015.

I think Ben will do better then val Kilmer. Bens last few movies were Argo and the town wich he wrote both and were good movies,Ben affleck has wrote and acted in some great movies. I don't like Him much either but you seemk to be a real obvious hater on anybody doing well, you must live a miserable existent!just admit the guy has way more talent then you and gets way more pussy then you. You hate on everybody! I have seen and heard it over and over. I don't care much about alot of the people you hate on but you really come across as a major hater and what is it you do? just hate! You should be the winner of the player haters ball! Hate,Hate,Hate.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2013, 05:33:04 AM »
I think Ben will do better then val Kilmer. Bens last few movies were Argo and the town wich he wrote both and were good movies,Ben affleck has wrote and acted in some great movies. I don't like Him much either but you seemk to be a real obvious hater on anybody doing well, you must live a miserable existent!just admit the guy has way more talent then you and gets way more pussy then you. You hate on everybody! I have seen and heard it over and over. I don't care much about alot of the people you hate on but you really come across as a major hater and what is it you do? just hate! You should be the winner of the player haters ball! Hate,Hate,Hate.

The Town was incredible. What a movie!!

whitewidow

« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2013, 07:23:38 AM »
The Town was incredible. What a movie!!

It was good. me and you fought over diamonds but when it comes down to it we both can agree the movie was good.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »
Mel Gibson as Batman would have been interesting

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »
>:(    When was the last time he made a decent movie?  This is like Val Kilmer II in my book.

Ben Affleck will play Batman in the followup to this summer's "Man of Steel," due in 2015.

Ever since the announcement at Comic-Con that Batman would make an appearance in the the sequel to "Man of Steel" (and Christian Bale's declaration that he wouldn't be donning the cape a fourth time), rumors have been swirling about who would be playing Gotham's vigilante guardian. In a statement today, director Zack Snyder named Affleck the next caped crusader, touting his ability to portray a wizened Dark Knight and affirming that the actor can successfully embody the gravitas and wit of the one and only Bruce Wayne.

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman," Snyder wrote. "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."

Henry Cavill, of course, will be returning as Superman in the yet-to-be-named sequel. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and Diane Lane are also set to reprise their respective roles. You can catch Ben Affleck as Batman when "Man of Steel 2" (or whatever it's called) soars into theaters July 17, 2015.

Biggest miscast in the history of films. Whenever I see Affleck I just want to bitch slap him.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »
Is this all Hollywood does anymore, teenage superhero/robot/fantasy CGI movies? Shit, creativity died in the 90s, both cinematically and musically. Fuck Batman, Nolan made two great films and a turd. Let it die with the turd. Affleck has proven to be a brilliant director, so why not focus on that and leave this rehashed comic book horse shit alone?

He's set to direct Dennis Lehane's "Live by Night" next. I wish he'd just forget about acting and get this one on film already, it's a great book. Jeeze, Ben, come on. Fuck.   

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »
The movie has been pushed to May 2016. In the meantime the job listings for working on the production in Detroit:

http://www.manofsteelfanpage.com/man-of-steel-2/batman-vs-superman-now-hiring-production-crew-for-detroit-area/

Work on a big film and rub elbows with the stars

Well, we don’t really know if you’ll be able to rub elbows with the stars of Batman vs Superman. Warner Bros may have delayed production’s start date, as well as the release date, but it is still full steam ahead as they prepare for a highly anticipated moving teaming the giants of DC Comics up on the big screen for the first time ever.

The types of positions a person may apply for, while not specifically listed, are:
•Makeup Artists
•Hair Stylists
•Camera Operators
•Grips
•Security
•Wardrobe Handlers
•NOTE: This is NOT for extras casting. That will be announced at a later time.

Interested candidates, with relevant work experience, should email professional resumes

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: Ben Affleck will be the new Batman
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2014, 06:25:05 AM »
I'm sorry. For me, Ben Affleck will always be the accomplished manager of "Fashionable Male", where customer service is job one.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2014, 08:18:59 AM »
The real batman, back in early comics, was african and hebrew.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:45 AM »
They just pushed this off another year.  I still shake my head at assfleck being batman

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
I believe he will be just as good as anyone else.

Bale wasn't some amazing thespian... He just had a good director and scripts.  (His voices in costume make me cringe to this day)
Affleck will be fine. He's got the right height and stature to stand next to Cavill and he's got a decent look about him for the part.

I wish it had gone to Brolin, but Affleck will be fine.

PS. The Val Kilmer Batman and Batman Forever Movie wasn't bad... Script was ok and acting was worthy... Joel Schumacher ruined it with his Neon Gotham city. I don't think that will be an issue here.

extreme truth