Author Topic: Dwight Coward  (Read 26713 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Dwight Coward
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »
lol   :D

I've been following the box scores.  He's scoring less than he did in LA. 

And taking slight less shots than he did in LA too, imagine that.  Chandler Parsons took 20 shots the other night and I think Dwight took 6.  Hmmmm.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, 03:18:33 PM »
And taking slight less shots than he did in LA too, imagine that.  Chandler Parsons took 20 shots the other night and I think Dwight took 6.  Hmmmm.

I'm convinced he didn't want the pressure of trying to fill the shoes of the great LA centers.  Pretty weak. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 12:25:52 AM »
I'm convinced he didn't want the pressure of trying to fill the shoes of the great LA centers.  Pretty weak.  

Im sure its not just one thing. he realised kobe was a prick, just like shaq and phil Jackson said. I trust Phil Jackson and Shaq's opinion.
Then too much pressure, cause the media will scrutinise every thing a all-star laker does.

Shaq did say howard is a garbage centre (not in those words) but he has no post move whatsoever, I thought he spent offseason with Hakeem..its all PR bullshit. 

I know half of LA wanted him out and half wanted him in..remember the Dwight howard billboards...how sickening.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2013, 10:28:49 AM »
Im sure its not just one thing. he realised kobe was a prick, just like shaq and phil Jackson said. I trust Phil Jackson and Shaq's opinion.
Then too much pressure, cause the media will scrutinise every thing a all-star laker does.

Shaq did say howard is a garbage centre (not in those words) but he has no post move whatsoever, I thought he spent offseason with Hakeem..its all PR bullshit. 

I know half of LA wanted him out and half wanted him in..remember the Dwight howard billboards...how sickening.

Kobe just wants to win.  Coward couldn't handle his intensity.

The billboards were embarrassing, but I'm glad Kobe was the only one who didn't kiss Coward's rear end during that whole process. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
Kobe just wants to win.  Coward couldn't handle his intensity.

The billboards were embarrassing, but I'm glad Kobe was the only one who didn't kiss Coward's rear end during that whole process. 

sorry he did, during that free agency courting period Kobe, Nash and Mike D did kiss his ass. Howard took off, kobe unfollowed him on twitter.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 02:39:45 PM »
sorry he did, during that free agency courting period Kobe, Nash and Mike D did kiss his ass. Howard took off, kobe unfollowed him on twitter.

That's not what press reports said after that meeting.  People were even saying shit like "Kobe ruined it" because he told Howard the truth and didn't kiss his ass.

Back on topic:

Dwight Howard with 15 points and only 12 shots last night.  Probably Kobe's fault somehow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »

Nah.  You should read up on what happened during their meeting.  He reportedly told Howard he needs to learn how to win championships and that Kobe can show him how.  Loved it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
That's not what press reports said after that meeting.  People were even saying shit like "Kobe ruined it" because he told Howard the truth and didn't kiss his ass.

Back on topic:

Dwight Howard with 15 points and only 12 shots last night.  Probably Kobe's fault somehow.

:)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2013, 08:40:01 PM »

Back on topic:

I Remember that, Im wrong.

I did hear that kobe just told him "stay or fuck off" I think in those words.

BB and P4O I stand corrected.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »
That's not what press reports said after that meeting.  People were even saying shit like "Kobe ruined it" because he told Howard the truth and didn't kiss his ass.

Back on topic:

Dwight Howard with 15 points and only 12 shots last night.  Probably Kobe's fault somehow.
its hardens fault :)
No point guard to feed Dwight, lin is out.
Howard is just a timid mutumbo, the media did make too much of a deal of him, Lakers should never have put up billboards to have him stay.

Kobe needs to entice free agents to LA, yes he does have 5 chips more then any player now, but if he really wants that 6th one he needs to get real help. Even MJ needed Pippen and Rodman/Horace grant.

I don't trust Gasol, his white and his old. Next season he needs to be backup or gone..(If they sign Carmelo, gasol will cry how he never shoots the ball)
I don't know who is available for lakers next year, I know lebron, Carmelo, wade..I can see Carmelo switching cause of the train wreck the knicks are and there tied up with amare's contract..He should leave but his apart of that mess, he is responsible for Kenyon martin and JR smith, he brought those losers with him. Why the fuck would you sign Kenyon martin, JR Smith needs to be in the D league with Gilbert arenas. Knicks should bring Gilbert back to the NBA.

Carmelo and kobe, 36yr old kobe, not enough basketballs. Remember Iverson and Carmelo in Denver, tragedy.
Tyson chandler would of been a great addition to the lakers. Dr buss made magic happen, jerry west too. I don't trust the current ownership knows what to do.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »
its hardens fault :)
No point guard to feed Dwight, lin is out.
Howard is just a timid mutumbo, the media did make too much of a deal of him, Lakers should never have put up billboards to have him stay.

Kobe needs to entice free agents to LA, yes he does have 5 chips more then any player now, but if he really wants that 6th one he needs to get real help. Even MJ needed Pippen and Rodman/Horace grant.

I don't trust Gasol, his white and his old. Next season he needs to be backup or gone..(If they sign Carmelo, gasol will cry how he never shoots the ball)
I don't know who is available for lakers next year, I know lebron, Carmelo, wade..I can see Carmelo switching cause of the train wreck the knicks are and there tied up with amare's contract..He should leave but his apart of that mess, he is responsible for Kenyon martin and JR smith, he brought those losers with him. Why the fuck would you sign Kenyon martin, JR Smith needs to be in the D league with Gilbert arenas. Knicks should bring Gilbert back to the NBA.

Carmelo and kobe, 36yr old kobe, not enough basketballs. Remember Iverson and Carmelo in Denver, tragedy.
Tyson chandler would of been a great addition to the lakers. Dr buss made magic happen, jerry west too. I don't trust the current ownership knows what to do.

My theory is that it's not everyone else's fault that Dwight doesn't get more shots.  It's his fault.

a.  He hasn't been the same player since his injury in Orlando
b.  He is trying to be a back to basket center and he doesn't have the skills to be one
c.  He turns the ball over at about a 30% clip
d.  He commits dumb fouls and is often on the bench because of foul trouble
e.  He can't hit free throws so he is a liability late in games hence he doesn't get the ball

No more excuses for this dude, he's a grown man.  If you are truly one of the best players in the league then it shouldn't be up to everyone else to make you play well.  He would be better off if he just accepted that he is a pick and roll center and that's where a lot of his shots are going to come from.  That, and from offensive rebounds.  He balked when Kobe suggested he play the Tyson Chandler role but exactly what he's playing like for the last 2 seasons.  If he wants to be more than that he needs to improve his game.  Unfortunately, I don't think he can.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 11:55:09 PM »
My theory is that it's not everyone else's fault that Dwight doesn't get more shots.  It's his fault.

a.  He hasn't been the same player since his injury in Orlando
b.  He is trying to be a back to basket center and he doesn't have the skills to be one
c.  He turns the ball over at about a 30% clip
d.  He commits dumb fouls and is often on the bench because of foul trouble
e.  He can't hit free throws so he is a liability late in games hence he doesn't get the ball

No more excuses for this dude, he's a grown man.  If you are truly one of the best players in the league then it shouldn't be up to everyone else to make you play well.  He would be better off if he just accepted that he is a pick and roll center and that's where a lot of his shots are going to come from.  That, and from offensive rebounds.  He balked when Kobe suggested he play the Tyson Chandler role but exactly what he's playing like for the last 2 seasons.  If he wants to be more than that he needs to improve his game.  Unfortunately, I don't think he can.

His a athletic power forward, centre by default, I think he is 6'9. no outside shot or post move he can go to even with hakeem's help.
Yeah playing that chandler is more suitable, but his agents/business manager knows that will affect endorsements.

BTW where is Greg Oden? has he played with the heat yet?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2013, 12:48:48 AM »
His a athletic power forward, centre by default, I think he is 6'9. no outside shot or post move he can go to even with hakeem's help.
Yeah playing that chandler is more suitable, but his agents/business manager knows that will affect endorsements.

BTW where is Greg Oden? has he played with the heat yet?

I was just wondering the same thing.  I haven't heard anything about him in quite a while.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2013, 03:20:28 AM »
I was just wondering the same thing.  I haven't heard anything about him in quite a while.

I like the guy, more then I like Bynum, Bynum apparently is completely fucked.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2013, 06:00:38 AM »
I like the guy, more then I like Bynum, Bynum apparently is completely fucked.

Sure looks that way. 

As a Laker fan I tried really hard to like Bynum but he was just too much of a dipshit.  I appreciated him playing hurt in the 2010 Finals.  He didn't play big minutes but he have us what he had.  However, his antics in 2010-11 put him on my shit list for good.  The team was really trying to feature him at that point and I thought he took a step toward being a real star but then his tiny pea brain got the best of him.  He started wanting to shoot three pointers.  He kinda punked Gasol after he got dunked on by Blake Griffin too.  Inexcusable. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2013, 01:14:03 AM »
Sure looks that way. 

As a Laker fan I tried really hard to like Bynum but he was just too much of a dipshit.  I appreciated him playing hurt in the 2010 Finals.  He didn't play big minutes but he have us what he had.  However, his antics in 2010-11 put him on my shit list for good.  The team was really trying to feature him at that point and I thought he took a step toward being a real star but then his tiny pea brain got the best of him.  He started wanting to shoot three pointers.  He kinda punked Gasol after he got dunked on by Blake Griffin too.  Inexcusable. 

apparently his a academic dude. Bynum has degenerative knees they get worse every 6 months. Cavs can cut him after this year if they need to.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:49 PM »
I Remember that, Im wrong.

I did hear that kobe just told him "stay or fuck off" I think in those words.

BB and P4O I stand corrected.

No worries.  You are a good man.  (no homo)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2013, 01:29:54 PM »
apparently his a academic dude. Bynum has degenerative knees they get worse every 6 months. Cavs can cut him after this year if they need to.

I don't think Bynum will ever be able to play big minutes for an extended period of time.  But if he can give a good team about 20 to 30 minutes, he'd be really good. 

Don't like his attitude though. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »
I don't think Bynum will ever be able to play big minutes for an extended period of time.  But if he can give a good team about 20 to 30 minutes, he'd be really good. 

Don't like his attitude though. 

I think he will eventually play himself out of the league.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2013, 05:20:49 PM »
 :D ;D

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »
Where the freak is Greg Oden???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
Where the freak is Greg Oden???

On the bench in Miami.  Participated in pre-game warmups yesterday.  My guess is he debuts after the All Star break?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2013, 12:23:50 PM »
On the bench in Miami.  Participated in pre-game warmups yesterday.  My guess is he debuts after the All Star break?

Im not sure what there waiting for, he has not played in years, that's enough rest.
May as well test him now. I have a feeling his bones are full of cracks, he will go for a rebound and pop a knee.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2013, 12:38:42 PM »
Im not sure what there waiting for, he has not played in years, that's enough rest.
May as well test him now. I have a feeling his bones are full of cracks, he will go for a rebound and pop a knee.

I think he hasn't played in four years?  If they can get 20 minutes out of him, he'll be good.  But I'll believe it when I see it. 

I bet Portland would like to do that draft over again (taking Oden over Durant). 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
I think he hasn't played in four years?  If they can get 20 minutes out of him, he'll be good.  But I'll believe it when I see it. 

I bet Portland would like to do that draft over again (taking Oden over Durant). 

I think there in good hands now. I would of taken Oden, durant failed a few physicals with teams, oden was doing well, oh well. Durant is playing well, can kobe's knees/achilles chase that all season long. Cause D'antoni has no clue on how to set up defensive assignments.