Author Topic: Dwight Coward  (Read 26813 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Dwight Coward
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
Is he same age as kobe?

Carter is 36.  Kobe is 35, but he has a lot more mileage because of the playoffs. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
Carter is 36.  Kobe is 35, but he has a lot more mileage because of the playoffs. 

Ofcourse, and kobe puts more effort and heart then Vince ever did.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »
Ofcourse, and kobe puts more effort and heart then Vince ever did.

True.  That's why Kobe got paid today. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 09:53:10 PM »
True.  That's why Kobe got paid today. 

that's one hell of a payday, good on him for getting that much.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »
that's one hell of a payday, good on him for getting that much.

Yeah.  I'm really rooting for him on his return.  If they're able to sign another star player next year they will contend.  Great way to end his career. 

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 12:08:52 PM »
 would have been nice to see kobe go

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
Yeah.  I'm really rooting for him on his return.  If they're able to sign another star player next year they will contend.  Great way to end his career. 

sign another player? with what money,kobe took it all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 03:47:01 PM »
sign another player? with what money,kobe took it all.

Nah.  They can still sign a max player, just not two max players.  Kobe is the second.  They'll probably make a run at LeBron this summer, lose out, and have to settle for someone like Carmelo.  Not crazy about adding Carmelo. 

Honestly, I'd rather they wait till 2015 and get Kevin Love. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 04:06:20 PM »
Nah.  They can still sign a max player, just not two max players.  Kobe is the second.  They'll probably make a run at LeBron this summer, lose out, and have to settle for someone like Carmelo.  Not crazy about adding Carmelo. 

Honestly, I'd rather they wait till 2015 and get Kevin Love. 

he should of taken less to get 2 max players, wade did and so did Duncan.
Imagine Carmelo and kobe on the same team, my lord, I call that the titanic, kobe will be be chucking it when he can, remember his goal is to take over Jordan on the scoring list.

Carmelo in LA makes no sense, his shown nothing, this is his 10th year I think, if you give Joe Johnson of the nets 20 shots a game he would be a superstar.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 04:38:35 PM »
he should of taken less to get 2 max players, wade did and so did Duncan.
Imagine Carmelo and kobe on the same team, my lord, I call that the titanic, kobe will be be chucking it when he can, remember his goal is to take over Jordan on the scoring list.

Carmelo in LA makes no sense, his shown nothing, this is his 10th year I think, if you give Joe Johnson of the nets 20 shots a game he would be a superstar.

Kobe took a huge pay cut.  He was eligible for $32 mil a year. 

Duncan took an enormous pay cut, but his play had declined.  He has looked terrific since then.  But he also already had players on his team they were trying to keep.   

I agree about Carmelo.  He scores a lot, but he needs a lot of shots to get his points.  Doesn't play D.  Hasn't won in the NBA. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »
Kobe took a huge pay cut.  He was eligible for $32 mil a year. 

Duncan took an enormous pay cut, but his play had declined.  He has looked terrific since then.  But he also already had players on his team they were trying to keep.   

I agree about Carmelo.  He scores a lot, but he needs a lot of shots to get his points.  Doesn't play D.  Hasn't won in the NBA. 

he was eligible, but he is undeserving of it, I have to say I like it when they sign big deals, im happy for them, Winning wise its not going to work, they need a point guard, and power forward and a centre. Forget Gasol, when kobe comes back his going to be useless, kobe is targeting MJ on the scoring list, that means a lot to him, and im sure Jordan isn't too happy about it.

I think Kobe should of looked after the lakers and given them a discount, now there are terms in his contract that have not been disclosed so maybe its not all guaranteed, anyhow I see a slow 35 year old man playing when he returns and then gets injured again like "I will be MVP" Rose..fuck Rose.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »
he was eligible, but he is undeserving of it, I have to say I like it when they sign big deals, im happy for them, Winning wise its not going to work, they need a point guard, and power forward and a centre. Forget Gasol, when kobe comes back his going to be useless, kobe is targeting MJ on the scoring list, that means a lot to him, and im sure Jordan isn't too happy about it.

I think Kobe should of looked after the lakers and given them a discount, now there are terms in his contract that have not been disclosed so maybe its not all guaranteed, anyhow I see a slow 35 year old man playing when he returns and then gets injured again like "I will be MVP" Rose..fuck Rose.

If anyone can come back, it's Kobe.  If he does, he's worth the money.  He had one of the better years of his career last year. 

Have you seen Gasol the last few weeks?  Looks really good.  Balling again.  Might because he skipped international play this past summer. 

But they only need one other star player to contend. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2013, 10:48:46 PM »

Kobe didn't deserve 24 mil a year?  lol.

You seem to forget that giant 3 BILLION DOLLAR tv deal that the Lakers recently signed largely because of Kobe.

This is what the Lakers offered him.  Should he have told them "no, no, pay me less".  Please.  Everyone is talking about all these max players that LA can bring if Kobe took way less money.  Who?  Lebron James isn't walking through that door.  Frankly, I don't even think Carmelo is walking through the door, not that I want him to anyway.  The Lakers aren't winning shit for the next few years.  Kobe earns every cent of his money and then some.  Pay him and at least you'll have some butts in the seats for the next couple years while you rebuild.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »
Back on topic:

Blight Howard with only 11 points again tonight.  If that selfish ball hog Kobe would just pass him the ball.....

Oh, wait.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2013, 02:13:18 AM »
Kobe didn't deserve 24 mil a year?  lol.

You seem to forget that giant 3 BILLION DOLLAR tv deal that the Lakers recently signed largely because of Kobe.

This is what the Lakers offered him.  Should he have told them "no, no, pay me less".  Please.  Everyone is talking about all these max players that LA can bring if Kobe took way less money.  Who?  Lebron James isn't walking through that door.  Frankly, I don't even think Carmelo is walking through the door, not that I want him to anyway.  The Lakers aren't winning shit for the next few years.  Kobe earns every cent of his money and then some.  Pay him and at least you'll have some butts in the seats for the next couple years while you rebuild.
Kobe is not worth that deal, box office wise I agree, they need a box office attraction to please that TV deal but there paying kobe for what he did in the past, how the fuck do you pay someone 48M who is 35 yrs old and coming off a devastating injury, and still is not playing. (I know they offered it to him, he was probably surprised too, but good for him)
I agree 10000% with your premise, but no free agent is playing with Kobe, Kobe is not going to avg 13 ppg his going to atleast avg whatever it takes to take over Michael Jordan in the scoring list. Players like Carmelo and Lebron no matter how nice they appear have big egos no way will they bow down to Kobe Bryant.

You make a valid point, but I know we do agree Lakers will not win anything as long as Kobe the ball hogger is there.

BTW NBA players like howard more then kobe, kobe is a wannabe MJ, howard is just himself, I know his a goof and smiles for no reason (offensively challenged, just as much as Kobe is defensively challenged) but players relate to him more, howard was injured in LA, kobe said "fuck the injury and play" not in those words but he said it, the only free agent lakers will sign is lamar odom the crackhead. If I was that TV network I would be calling the lawyers looking for loopholes ASAP.

Pau gasol is playing good now, fuck all that when kobe is back, I fucken guarantee it.

Dr Jerry Buss would of sent him back to Philly, its bad business to overpay him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2013, 02:39:45 PM »
Back on topic:

Blight Howard with only 11 points again tonight.  If that selfish ball hog Kobe would just pass him the ball.....

Oh, wait.

He's probably getting fewer touches in Houston than he got in LA.  And they're running basically the same kind of offense. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »
He's probably getting fewer touches in Houston than he got in LA.  And they're running basically the same kind of offense. 

This just proves that Howard is the problem not Kobe the alleged ball hog.  Kobe the ball hog that averaged 6 assist per game last year as a shooting guard.

Blight thinks he's a back-to-the-basket center but he isn't.  He's a pick and roll center.  His stats on post ups are among the worst in the league.  Not only does he not often make his post shots but he has an obscene turnover percentage.  As a big man, if you want to get shot attempts you have to seal off your man, present a target for the passer to get you the ball, and then actually make baskets when you get the rock.  Blight Howard does none of these things and that is why his teammates are hesitant to give him the touches that he wants.  If he would be honest about his game he would be a better player.  Instead he fantasizes that he's Hakeem Olajuwon and blames everyone else. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2013, 05:21:39 PM »
This just proves that Howard is the problem not Kobe the alleged ball hog.  Kobe the ball hog that averaged 6 assist per game last year as a shooting guard.

Blight thinks he's a back-to-the-basket center but he isn't.  He's a pick and roll center.  His stats on post ups are among the worst in the league.  Not only does he not often make his post shots but he has an obscene turnover percentage.  As a big man, if you want to get shot attempts you have to seal off your man, present a target for the passer to get you the ball, and then actually make baskets when you get the rock.  Blight Howard does none of these things and that is why his teammates are hesitant to give him the touches that he wants.  If he would be honest about his game he would be a better player.  Instead he fantasizes that he's Hakeem Olajuwon and blames everyone else. 

I agree.  Kobe has actually led his team in assists from the 2 almost every year as a starter. 

And Kobe was right about Howard:  he needs to play the Tyson Chandler role.  He'll never be The Dream or have a great offensive game. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2013, 07:43:31 PM »
I agree.  Kobe has actually led his team in assists from the 2 almost every year as a starter.  

And Kobe was right about Howard:  he needs to play the Tyson Chandler role.  He'll never be The Dream or have a great offensive game.  

There's this guy Bill Russell who did pretty well for himself in that role too.

It's a shame the Dwight's tiny pea brain has turned him into a cancer that almost everyone despises.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2013, 10:27:28 PM »
kobe is a ball hog, along with westbrook, only kobe shot 60 more shots.

6 assists, is great, he could avg 12 he had a better basketball IQ.

Howard is a great defensive centre, nothing else. I said he was offensively challenged. Kobe is a ball hog, this goes back to the Ron harper days where they used to freeze kobe out of the offense cause as soon as he touched the ball he wouldn't let it go.

same happens with Amare, I have been keeping a eye on the knicks, that team is in a living hell. Carmelol.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2013, 11:20:52 PM »
kobe is a ball hog, along with westbrook, only kobe shot 60 more shots.

6 assists, is great, he could avg 12 he had a better basketball IQ.

Howard is a great defensive centre, nothing else. I said he was offensively challenged. Kobe is a ball hog, this goes back to the Ron harper days where they used to freeze kobe out of the offense cause as soon as he touched the ball he wouldn't let it go.

same happens with Amare, I have been keeping a eye on the knicks, that team is in a living hell. Carmelol.

With respect, what shooting guard averages 12 assists per game?  

Kobe's job is to get buckets and he's one of the best of all time at it.  He should be shooting the ball a lot.  While Kobe will occasionally forces up a bad shot, he passes the ball plenty.  I swear Kobe is the only guy in the league that will get 5 or 6 assists per game and be called a ball hog.  A lot of people have a personal dislike for him and they are in a hurry to find fault with the guy.  Michael Jordan averaged 5.4 assists per game for his career and you never hear the ball hog shit when people talk about him.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2013, 12:13:03 AM »
With respect, what shooting guard averages 12 assists per game?  

Kobe's job is to get buckets and he's one of the best of all time at it.  He should be shooting the ball a lot.  While Kobe will occasionally forces up a bad shot, he passes the ball plenty.  I swear Kobe is the only guy in the league that will get 5 or 6 assists per game and be called a ball hog.  A lot of people have a personal dislike for him and they are in a hurry to find fault with the guy.  Michael Jordan averaged 5.4 assists per game for his career and you never hear the ball hog shit when people talk about him.

first of all we need to merge these NBA threads.

Pau gasol should take as many shots as kobe now.
Kobe is a all-time great, but lets get back to basics, pau was a big piece of those championships, ofcourse his on the decline, but kobe should feed him more his a great mid range shooter.
Did you say people never considered MJ a ball hog? I may have read it wrong, I believe he was, but pippen cant shoot, Longley couldn't neither.
Who did Jordan pass too when they won one of those championships, I think it was Kerr or paxson, I bet kobe takes that shot, kobe Bryant Mr 6-24 in a finals game bailed out by metta world peace.

You are correct kobe is a shooting guard, his job is to shoot, but last year with him having a career year they barely and I mean barely made the playoffs, only cause Utah froze in the last week and lakers crept in. Im going off topic now cause im now comparing him to mj which is just ludicrous.

I don't have a personal dislike about Bryant, I have his jersey albeit the number 8 but I have no issue personally with him, remember during the rape case, he went to court and flew back to the games, he would blitz everyone, he went on a 40 point streak at one point, im a laker fan at heart.
I just don't like him telling the media " howard should play through a torn labrum" not in those words but I know you know what im referring too, he does rub teammates the wrong way.

I read shaqs book, some players you could yell at and they would just brush it off and get motivated, but some players like Penny and Nick Anderson will run away and cry, Jordan punched steve kerr and kerr played stellar, Jordan cause of his history commands respect, most people believe its shaq that propelled kobe, shaq was a dominant force he would get them in a position to win, but his foul shooting was fucked so kobe picked up the slack, thanks to shaqs dominance and triple teams, kobe gets triple teamed and will still shoot. BTW kobe's shot attempts to assist ratio will be low..

Kobe is a ball hog, like Carmelo is, yes there job is too shoot, but when your losing, you need to change your game, you cant do the same thing night in night out and expect a different result..even us as getbig analysts know that teams will target the volume shooter knowing his mindset.

I have said enough, so you go, but I have a feeling were just going to go back and forth, but its all good.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2013, 12:58:18 AM »
QB -Like you said, we are going to continue to disagree on this issue so there really isn't any point in going back and forth about it anymore.

Back on topic:

Dwight Howard is a douche bag.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2013, 11:40:58 AM »
first of all we need to merge these NBA threads.

Pau gasol should take as many shots as kobe now.
Kobe is a all-time great, but lets get back to basics, pau was a big piece of those championships, ofcourse his on the decline, but kobe should feed him more his a great mid range shooter.
Did you say people never considered MJ a ball hog? I may have read it wrong, I believe he was, but pippen cant shoot, Longley couldn't neither.
Who did Jordan pass too when they won one of those championships, I think it was Kerr or paxson, I bet kobe takes that shot, kobe Bryant Mr 6-24 in a finals game bailed out by metta world peace.

You are correct kobe is a shooting guard, his job is to shoot, but last year with him having a career year they barely and I mean barely made the playoffs, only cause Utah froze in the last week and lakers crept in. Im going off topic now cause im now comparing him to mj which is just ludicrous.

I don't have a personal dislike about Bryant, I have his jersey albeit the number 8 but I have no issue personally with him, remember during the rape case, he went to court and flew back to the games, he would blitz everyone, he went on a 40 point streak at one point, im a laker fan at heart.
I just don't like him telling the media " howard should play through a torn labrum" not in those words but I know you know what im referring too, he does rub teammates the wrong way.

I read shaqs book, some players you could yell at and they would just brush it off and get motivated, but some players like Penny and Nick Anderson will run away and cry, Jordan punched steve kerr and kerr played stellar, Jordan cause of his history commands respect, most people believe its shaq that propelled kobe, shaq was a dominant force he would get them in a position to win, but his foul shooting was fucked so kobe picked up the slack, thanks to shaqs dominance and triple teams, kobe gets triple teamed and will still shoot. BTW kobe's shot attempts to assist ratio will be low..

Kobe is a ball hog, like Carmelo is, yes there job is too shoot, but when your losing, you need to change your game, you cant do the same thing night in night out and expect a different result..even us as getbig analysts know that teams will target the volume shooter knowing his mindset.

I have said enough, so you go, but I have a feeling were just going to go back and forth, but its all good.

What Kobe did last year was very impressive.  Their starting five of Howard, Gasol, Metta, Kobe, and Nash only started like six games together the entire season.  That's why they barely made the playoffs.  And the only reason they made the playoffs is because of Kobe. 

This is the same guy who took a starting five of Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker to the playoffs, and almost beat the no. 1 seed Suns. 

And like Pray said, Kobe's job is to shoot and score.  He does it as well or better than anyone else in the NBA.  The fact he also leads his team in assists shows he's not just a ball hog.  He'd probably average ten assists a game if he had better shooters. 

They have some good shooters this year, so interested to see how he fits in with them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
QB -Like you said, we are going to continue to disagree on this issue so there really isn't any point in going back and forth about it anymore.

Back on topic:

Dwight Howard is a douche bag.

lol   :D

I've been following the box scores.  He's scoring less than he did in LA.