Author Topic: Official BREAKING BAD Thread  (Read 45093 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Breaking Bad episode tonight
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »
my mom died this week

I didn't notice

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »
Meh.  Gave it a shot... watched 5 episodes. Bunch of pasty  bald guys that all think they are so badass....I can see how weak peopke would like it.

I thought the same thing when it came out and didnt watch, then got hooked after a couple episodes.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2013, 11:56:59 PM »
Do you agree BB is the best show ever?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2013/09/16/why-breaking-bad-is-the-best-show-ever-and-why-that-matters/2/

No it's not. The characters are not entirely believable. A few of the actors are not particularly skilled (Skyler, Walt Jr). The family scenes have been a bit cliche in the past.

It rises head and shoulders above the rest but not it's the best series ever. The Sopranos and the Wire are the best, imo.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2013, 07:54:10 AM »
No it's not. The characters are not entirely believable. A few of the actors are not particularly skilled (Skyler, Walt Jr). The family scenes have been a bit cliche in the past.

It rises head and shoulders above the rest but not it's the best series ever. The Sopranos and the Wire are the best, imo.

The realistic element is not there at all.  But it is very entertaining.  No man is as unlucky/lucky as Walt.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »
According to this, the final two episodes will be 75 minutes each!

:o :o

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
According to this, the final two episodes will be 75 minutes each!

:o :o

Beat me to it,just gonna post the same thing.Have you seen this page,and whats your thoughts.Some people REALLY study breaking bad episodes.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/breaking-bad-easter-eggs-that-will-blow-your-mind

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2013, 10:32:28 AM »
d

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
Walt is wearing JESSE'S jacket when he returns home in the clip we've seen from the future.  

Jesse is dead at that point.  Walt has already shot it out with Todd's gang using the M60.  He won that battle somehow, and as Walt always takes on things from those he kills, there is no other reason for him to be wearing that unique jacket of Jesse's.  

So now we know, when Walt enters wherever the gang is with a machine gun, he won't die there.  He'll have to end it with the Ricin... who, Lydia?  Himself along with someone else?  Makes sense that he'd hide in the next episode (in NH, the granite state?) then return in the final episode.

Start it out with a big gun battle.  Middle, he goes and gets the ricin.  Then he meets, poisons himself and lydia or whoever...

Then he finds his family, curls up with them by the sunset with a fire burning someplace nearby, and expires with a smile on his face and $8 mil cash for Skyler to use.  he will have to make peace with his family, his fate already sealed from the ricin he had to ingest to prove to his final showdown person that he wasn't poisoning them.  Same way gus had to drink the tequila first whne he poisoned them.

Jesse won't make it - walt is wearing his coat.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #210 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
but what about the number 8 on that list i posted,with Walts new surname being the same as Skylers maiden name,does that mean she`s dead.I`m thinking Jesse escapes and comes back and kills skyler (because he knows walt watched jane die),then saul phones walt to let him know,he comes back and kills jesse and the ricin is for himself.Instead of waiting for the cancer to kill him,end it quick.Walt jr looks after holly and walt leaves saul with a safe deposit box with 8 million in it (the way that mike was doing for his grand daughter) for walt jr and holly.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2013, 11:17:05 AM »
i dont think walt would have cleared skyler on the phone, if she was gonna die anyway.  I think she has to be there for Holly.  As much as I hate skyler, i really do, i think it'd be tragic for her to die at the end of the series.  Walt did ALL of this for her and the kids.  she broke bad, but in the end, she chose hank over walt.

hank - he wanted to be praised "I can be the guy that brought him down!" = his fatal flaw.  hubris.
walt - doomed to pay for his deeds
jesse - kinda deserves the tortured state he is in now.  He should die tho, he did a lot of bad.
todd's crew - they all have to die.
lydia - probably so much of a loose end that she will have to die after threatening walt's family maybe?

it will be fascinating to see how walt outwits todd's crew... i mean, he could just steal the ricin and poison their food, it could be that simple lol.  Maybe he just leaves the machine gun and out-thinks them.

So hard to predict the ending.  Most shows, the finale is just cleanup and loose ends.  This show, you could pack a full season into what will happen in the next 2 shows.  Walt's travels, that whole last year, the tood gang/czech drama, etc.  This show could just keep going.

Keeping lydia alive - and maybe todd too, they did make him a sympathetic character - for the Saul show maybe?  :)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
The ricin is for Lydia

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »
Beat me to it,just gonna post the same thing.Have you seen this page,and whats your thoughts.Some people REALLY study breaking bad episodes.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/breaking-bad-easter-eggs-that-will-blow-your-mind

The person who put that together was seriously grasping at straws making shit up.  Using the tip of an exhaust as a figure 8 meaning infinity?  Really?  Come on man.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2013, 12:27:21 PM »

I don't really analyse the show that much- some of the references I knew as soon as I saw them (Walt cutting off the crusts, The Godfather stuff, etc). However, some of them could be done to directing style (for example, the angles). Others, like Walt wearing that jacket could be coincidences. Maybe the production designer was looking for a rough looking jacket and they still had that one in the wardrobe ???

This show has gotten to peoples' heads  :D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »
The ricin is for Lydia

Lydia = most ridiculous, unrealistic character in the show. She looks like she will fall apart on any minute. A middle-woman for an international drug cartel.

Please  ::)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
Best show i've seen in ages, liked this one more than Sopranos etc

My favorite TV-show in the 80s was Dallas (with JR Ewing et al) :D

Looking forward to Heisenbergs
(you know he will be going Heisenberg on their asses instead of the timid but calculating Walt-style)
shootout with M60 against Todd's Crew

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »
Best show i've seen in ages, liked this one more than Sopranos etc

My favorite TV-show in the 80s was Dallas (with JR Ewing et al) :D

Shit, Skyler used to look normal.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »
Lydia = most ridiculous, unrealistic character in the show. She looks like she will fall apart on any minute. A middle-woman for an international drug cartel.

The most random was how they needed methylamine and she just happened to know about a train carrying some through the desert.  Fuck man, 99.99999% of people think methylamine is that shit you rub on your chest when you get a cold.  As if she would know what it was and how to get it so easily.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »

this.

and she's a horrible actor at that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
to enjoy the show, you really have to suspend belief on a lot of common sense things.  no way a chemistry teacher has this much adventure in ONE YEAR lol.

No way Aaron Paul gains 40 pounds of fat and goes bald in ONE YEAR. 

No way Walt Jr looks like a 30 year old in ONE YEAR. 

Looking back at season 1, handjob skylar was hot.  She looks like a dolled up granny in season 5.

And hank?  Look at him before and after taking that crap.  it's like he lost 20 pounds and aged 5 years with that dump lol. 

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »
A lot of ground to cover in the next hour and a half...hope this episode picks up.  This could have been an episode to start a season thus far
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »
wow.   not as action packed as last week, but they did a lot of big things this week.

I'd call it realistic.  jesse's chick executed.  walt was free but literal cabin fever got the best of him.  Kid too stupid to look past rage for the $100 grand.  skyler broke and struggling.

I still think there' s happy ending... she gets the money. walt is redeemed somehow.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2013, 07:43:56 PM »
Hank with hair (Cranstons hair)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2013, 08:18:50 PM »