Author Topic: Marriage...oh brother  (Read 35693 times)

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
Re: Marriage...oh brother
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »
Here is Eddie Murphy s take on it. ;D

HALF!!!!!

http://vimeo.com/28965130

Mayor Of Bodybuilding

• Getbig III
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »
Guys Need to Grow some Balls!

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_problem#Formulation

Let n be the number of men/women you are willing to try and make into serious partners before calling it quits ("applicants" to the marriage partner "position").

In order to maximize the chance of selecting the best "applicant," reject the first n/e (2.781828) men/women and select the next man/woman who is better than all previous ones.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »
Move to Texas...

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2013, 08:04:06 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_problem#Formulation

Let n be the number of men/women you are willing to try and make into serious partners before calling it quits ("applicants" to the marriage partner "position").

In order to maximize the chance of selecting the best "applicant," reject the first n/e (2.781828) men/women and select the next man/woman who is better than all previous ones.

I hate mathematicians... what do you do for a living syntax. we should talk. I could use some help with my discrete structures class.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »
Depends on which state you are in.  Even if you just live with her for short time you can be liable.  Cali used to be 2 years or longer.  Not sure about the other states... they vary from 2-10 years.

Shacking up aside, make sure you never share an address, credit card or a bank account.  She can come after you for monetary damages in court if you do.
Peep the name. I'm form Texan bro.  ;)

Anyway, been living with my chick for about 16 months. Both of us are on the lease.  But, we don't share cc, bank statements, health insurance, or anything. All the bills, except her car, insurance, health insurance , and cellphone, are under my name. And I pay all bills except those bills.
A

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2013, 11:13:52 AM »

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
Move to Texas...

better yet dont get married and dont live with her.... 8)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2013, 06:45:22 AM »
I hate mathematicians... what do you do for a living syntax. we should talk. I could use some help with my discrete structures class.

I'm too stupid to be a mathematician; I simply recited the decision-theoretic solution to the secretary (marriage) problem, with no real thought on my part.

http://math.stackexchange.com/ might be of help to you

http://www.dragonboxapp.com/ is more appropriate for most getbiggers, lol

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2013, 07:06:28 AM »
Totally flawed logic as usual.  Guys that don't have shit, usually marry women that don't have shit.  They title everything in both names and the guy usually pays for more of it.  Then they have a couple kids.  When they get divorced, the guy ends up having to give 50% or more of his assets and then pays alimony and child support on top of that.  He most likely has a dead end, crappy job and this kills him financially.  This whole "only dumb guys get married, smart guys don't"  Is so far off the mark, its laughable.  It's  very basic, dumb guy logic.  The only guys i've ever seen killed by divorce are dumb guys that didn't make good money.  

Yeah, I covered all that stuff earlier. 

It's not flawed logic, it's fact.  If you marry a women who has/makes more money than you do, you are able to get money from her in a divorce.  Plenty of men have done this.  You dispute this?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2013, 07:11:29 AM »

It's not flawed logic, it's fact.  If you marry a women who has/makes more money than you do, you are able to get money from her in a divorce.  Plenty of men have done this.  You dispute this?

And the women get really, really pissed.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2013, 07:15:02 AM »
And the women get really, really pissed.

Too bad.   ;D

This is rare because most women typically will not marry a man who makes or has less than she does, but it does happen.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2013, 07:50:56 AM »
Taken from another forum, what a fucking scam concept

"No Fault Divorce is the biggest slight against the institution of marriage there is.

A good friend of mine went through that. He was well off but at one point his work required more travel than usual. His wife "got lonely" started ****ing a "friend", "fell in love" and kicked him out. I say kicked him out because when he found out one angry but non threatening text ( I read it myself) was all it took to get an order of protection. In the divorce he lost his home (which he still pays for on court order), 30% of his take home, and equal amount of that to spousal support as she is unemployed, half his retirement accounts and other investments, everything they had in savings (he found out about the affair when she withdrew everything from their accounts) which the courts would do nothing about and every last dime he had or could borrow to hire a layer for himself and her (court order).

He lives in his old room at his parents house now. The other guy now lives in the home he pays for with his ex wife and children but they will not marry as that would cost her the spousal support. When he started pulling over time to try and set back some money to get a place so he could get overnight visitation with his kids she drug him back to court for more money. They awarded it and now that he has lost all overtime due to his job scaling back he has to spend what he saved going back to court to get the payments reduced to pre OT rates.

That's the risk. Is it worth it?"

This happened almost verbatim to a guy I used to work with. Some more details: He had a full time job but also ran a paint shop out of his house. Wife began fucking one of HIS hired painters. She gets everything in the divorce including the paint business. She and his ex-employee now live in the house....There was no retraining order. The poor guy has to live in the basement while he figures out living arrangements. Meanwhile his wife and ex employee are fucking in his old bed and running his paint shop. He eventually moves back into parents house.

Everybody who knew him was shocked at how royally he got screwed. I think I would've killed somebody at this point BUT....He hung in there and.....

She did not have any business skills and se loses the paint shop anyway. The guy (ex-husband) either follows her or hires a P.I., I can't remember exactly but he finds her drunk driving WITH the children in the car. So  she gets locked up for DUI AND Child Endangerment. He gets custody of the kids back...

Now she has a house she can't afford, no kids, no child support comming in and no paint shop.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »
This happened almost verbatim to a guy I used to work with. Some more details: He had a full time job but also ran a paint shop out of his house. Wife began fucking one of HIS hired painters. She gets everything in the divorce including the paint business. She and his ex-employee now live in the house....There was no retraining order. The poor guy has to live in the basement while he figures out living arrangements. Meanwhile his wife and ex employee are fucking in his old bed and running his paint shop. He eventually moves back into parents house.
Everybody who knew him was shocked at how royally he got screwed. I think I would've killed somebody at this point BUT....He hung in there and.....

She did not have any business skills and se loses the paint shop anyway. The guy (ex-husband) either follows her or hires a P.I., I can't remember exactly but he finds her drunk driving WITH the children in the car. So  she gets locked up for DUI AND Child Endangerment. He gets custody of the kids back...

Now she has a house she can't afford, no kids, no child support comming in and no paint shop.

These things happen all the time, yet men keep getting married... sometimes over and over again.  ??? :o 

All single men need to do is observe other married men... they can avoid many mistakes and financial destruction that married/divorced men eventually have to deal with.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2013, 09:45:04 AM »
These things happen all the time, yet men keep getting married... sometimes over and over again.  ??? :o 

All single men need to do is observe other married men... they can avoid many mistakes and financial destruction that married/divorced men eventually have to deal with.
Howard hasn't learned, or has he? I think he married a woman who makes more than him...this would be his 4th marriage, I believe.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »
Even if you make out ok and keep your house and all your shit,  if you have kids you still have to pay for them. My co worker makes the same as me but has to give 1500 a month to his x and his weekends are fucked cuz he's got the kids.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
wether anyone wants to hear it or not, the fact is that alphas reproduce. most alphas reproduce with beautiful women. unfortunately beautiful women are crazy. my wife is batshit.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »
wether anyone wants to hear it or not, the fact is that alphas reproduce. most alphas reproduce with beautiful women. unfortunately beautiful women are crazy. my wife is batshit.
Betas reproduce just as much if not more, and betas take better care of offsprings than alphas who tend to ruin one or two families before finally settling with one or none at all.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »

i love a story with a happy ending  :)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
Betas reproduce just as much if not more, and betas take better care of offsprings than alphas who tend to ruin one or two families before finally settling with one or none at all.

i am sincerely curios uber, do you have kids?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »
i am sincerely curios uber, do you have kids?

bad gimmick.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »
bad gimmick.

wrong. I admire alot of your posts. just a tad too negative.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Regarding the debate on alphas, I saw a study reported on BBC recently about this: they tested correlation between the size of your balls to involvement in child rearing. There was a negative correlation. I just don't know how the fuck this is worth studying, or how anyone thought it was worth doing/funding the study  :D
follow the arrows

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2013, 06:38:41 PM »

Oh thank God this story had a happy ending! Yay

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2013, 07:10:55 PM »
What is funny is that nobody ever talks about... successful marriages  :)
Simply because they would find what it takes to be "too boring".

Fact is insuring your survival has nothing to do with "fun". The religion of "fun" is just a product of our modern society, but it wont last.  Survival underlies everything, marriage and all other types of alliances/ interactions included. And aint nothing fun about survival. Fun is more a byproduct of being able to survive successfully. Knowing you ll survive better than the competition.
But to put it on a pedestral and classify it as the beginning and end of everything in life is only a trend. In the past you had to work to merit fun , leisures, spare time. Nowadays more and more people access fun without having to deserve it. And for some reasons, more and more people actually "drown" in too much quantities of fun to the point they become...depressed.

Dude who s surviving in a shithole probably feels quantitatively speaking as "happy" as the dude surviving doing his tricks at the top of the pyramid as long as he s part of a stable, hope oriented family/community.

Uberman always comes in with the best. I feel like I just walked out of the frozen section in the grocery store, refreshed and ready to make a purchase.