Author Topic: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF SOUL CRUSHER CONTINUES...unemployment down to 7.3%  (Read 7285 times)

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
Re: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF SOUL CRUSHER CONTINUES...unemployment down to 7.3%
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »
the economy is getting better and unemployment is down to 7.3% now.....and its continuing to go down....slowly yes, but surely.....I've always said it would go down and that it would take time to fix the economy.....now its happening...give Obama credit...... :)

It's down, chump, due to an increase in the  number of people who have given up looking for jobs, and are therefore dropped from the number of job seekers.   The more significant measure, the number of new jobs added, fell short of projections.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »
Some people do not understand how the Govt cooks the books no matter how you explain it. Every stat has at least two metrics to report for a reason. Like inflation not including the cost of energy and food...the main things that the poor have to pay more for...which is also a larger percentage of their income.

A month or two ago the jobs number was 160k and it was revised down to 104k. This takes a collaboration between the people who hold office, the people they appoint who used to tell the truth(which was their job) and the press - who is either all too willing or coerced to not report anything bad about the economy.

Just look at the fundamentals of this job market or stock market...it's fantasy that we are under 10% unemployment. It's fantasy that the Dow is near 15k...there is no revenue growth. No added value to support these numbers.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »

all I said was that the unemployment rate is going down..steadily and surely...and that Obama should get credit....I made no other claims....the stats prove me right

OK...either this is a joke or ur dumb as a bag of hammers.....if everybody drops dead, unemployment will go to zero, same thing by ur thinking. U can't defend this and neither can your savior.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 08:37:20 PM »

again..another failed attempt to link Obama to some negative stat...the Labor Participation rate has been trending downward since 1999........due to many trends......Robotics replacing human workers....a growing aging population where many people who can still work have retired.....and globalization.....

again..this has been trending since 1999...can you blame Obama for that???????????????????????????????

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/12/us-labor-force-participation-rate/

IDIOTS
so let me understand your argument.

1.you argue that obama is to credit for the unemployment number decreasing.

2. The decrease however is a result of the increase of people who stopped looking for work.

3. and obama is not to blame for people who stopped looking for work.

please, oh please come back to this thread andre and explain yourself

It would literally make my day....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 08:44:41 PM »
ps

the labor participation rate has taken an extreme nose dive since obama has taken office...but what do facts have to do with this, right andre?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 10:17:35 PM »

It's down, chump, due to an increase in the  number of people who have given up looking for jobs, and are therefore dropped from the number of job seekers.   The more significant measure, the number of new jobs added, fell short of projections.

you idiot.. not all people who drop out of the workforce do so because they can't find a job...

Some people drop out due to pregnancy...due to wanting to stay home and pay more attention to raising their children....some drop out to go to school ..others to start businesses...people stop looking for work for a variety of reasons...not just because they can't find a job

sorry I had to destroy you...but thats the truth

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »
so let me understand your argument.

1.you argue that obama is to credit for the unemployment number decreasing.

2. The decrease however is a result of the increase of people who stopped looking for work.

3. and obama is not to blame for people who stopped looking for work.

please, oh please come back to this thread andre and explain yourself

It would literally make my day....

read the article

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »
ps

the labor participation rate has taken an extreme nose dive since obama has taken office...but what do facts have to do with this, right andre?

dude...the labor participation rate has been in a steady decline since 1999...thats the point..it will continue to go down even after Obama leaves office......my point is why do you want to all of sudden blame him for that when its been going down since the presidencies of Bush 1, Clinton, and Bush 2......yet all of a sudden its Obama's fault????

you have no credibility...get lost

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 11:14:43 PM »
A person that would claim that Obama is having success right now is either a fool or a liar.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 01:14:09 AM »
you idiot.. not all people who drop out of the workforce do so because they can't find a job...

Some people drop out due to pregnancy...due to wanting to stay home and pay more attention to raising their children....some drop out to go to school ..others to start businesses...people stop looking for work for a variety of reasons...not just because they can't find a job

Well, the bad news is that you only destroyed yourself.   The OP was touting the drop in unemployment as some kind of achievement for Obama.  However, the reduction in the unemployment rate this time was due to people who stopped looking for work - want work, but can't find it, and stopped looking. Obama gets no credit for that. The important number is the number of new jobs, which came in below projections.   So "real" unemployment has not gone down.   The decrease in the unemployment rate is due to a increase in people who have stopped looking for work.  Period.   Of course there are people who drop out of the labor force for other reasons. Are you really that simple?   Read some of the other posts on this thread that make the same point, Einstein.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 05:00:29 AM »
i could spin this and get into a debate here, but really, it's not even fun to kneepad for debate's sake anymore lol... economy sucks.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 05:07:51 AM »
the economy is getting better and unemployment is down to 7.3% now.....and its continuing to go down....slowly yes, but surely.....I've always said it would go down and that it would take time to fix the economy.....now its happening...give Obama credit...... :)

Great, more part time jobs serving burgers have been created, bravo.  If they measured unemployment as they did in the 70's, it would be multiples higher than 7.3%.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 06:38:16 AM »
read the article
so your retort is to deflect, awesome...

dude...the labor participation rate has been in a steady decline since 1999...thats the point..it will continue to go down even after Obama leaves office......my point is why do you want to all of sudden blame him for that when its been going down since the presidencies of Bush 1, Clinton, and Bush 2......yet all of a sudden its Obama's fault????

look at 2008 there brainchild, do you see the increase in the rate of reduction?

Im assuming you know how to read a chart and know what "increase in the rate of reduction" means, if not just ask and Ill explain it

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »
A person that would claim that Obama is having success right now is either a fool or a liar.
that's like saying only steers and queers live in Texas
w

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »

Facts seem to be something you can't grasp so here's some more.  If the economy is doing so great, why are tax witholdings and earnings declining?  Tax witholdings show that income and earning are DOWN.  In a growing economy, this would be the opposite.  More jobs = more taxes being taken.  So your theory breaks down when you look at the facts.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-09/guest-post-if-employment-so-great-why-are-withholding-taxes-declining

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 08:17:55 AM »
Facts seem to be something you can't grasp so here's some more.  If the economy is doing so great, why are tax witholdings and earnings declining?  Tax witholdings show that income and earning are DOWN.  In a growing economy, this would be the opposite.  More jobs = more taxes being taken.  So your theory breaks down when you look at the facts.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-09/guest-post-if-employment-so-great-why-are-withholding-taxes-declining

What the hell is wrong with you?

You keep bringing up facts.

You need to be more like andre and start posting comments with no shred of evidence to support your assertions.

SHAME ON YOU!!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »

Then why is it the elderly are now the ones working more than any other age group?  Elderly part timers are the only ones finding jobs, everyone else in every age group can't find work.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-06/chart-day-august-job-additions-or-rather-losses-age-group

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:29 AM »
The title of this thread needs to be changed. The only one getting the crap kicked out of him is andre.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »
The title of this thread needs to be changed. The only one getting the crap kicked out of him is andre.

keep dreaming.......unemploym ent dropped you fool..thats the only number that counts..oh wait..it only counts to you guys when it goes up.....

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »
keep dreaming.......unemploym ent dropped you fool..thats the only number that counts..oh wait..it only counts to you guys when it goes up.....

I guess all those under 25 people who can't find jobs just dropped out of the work force to paint, have babies and "find themselves while backpacking across Europe".

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. 

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »
is obama a good president?

i dont follow politics give me a simple yes or no anwswer

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 05:50:05 PM »

What's it like being 50-something years old and this stupid?

Fucking sheep.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »
is obama a good president?

No.

i dont follow politics give me a simple yes or no anwswer

You don't seem to "follow" much of anything.   

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2013, 11:20:25 AM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-10/what-happens-when-bureau-labor-statistics-caught-lie

More lies about employment, BLS caught red-handed manipulating data.