Author Topic: 2013 Olympia - Who thinks Big Ramy will crack the Top 4 at The Mr. O?  (Read 18883 times)

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: Who thinks Big ramy will crack the Top 4 at The Mr.O?
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »
Thank you! Finally... someone sees it.

Most pros look better young.

Much of the reason the 80's and 90's pros looked better.  Also, just competing at a lighter bodyweight and being in shape. 

SmallPole

• Getbig III
Re: Who thinks Big ramy will crack the Top 4 at The Mr.O?
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2013, 11:41:02 AM »
Thank you! Finally... someone sees it.

Most pros look better young.

well you know that's because their muscles are strained all the time and thus they age much faster... and as we all know old people become childish... so! at that age the muscles lose maturity and become childish again ;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: 2013 Olympia - Who thinks Big Ramy will crack the Top 4 at The Mr. O?
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2013, 12:19:43 PM »
here is haney in 84 his first olympia victory and in 91 his last victory and according to many, his best shape ever.. ok his is fuller and a bigger in 91 but again ND plz explain how his muscles were more mature in 91??.. this is a serious question ND but if you will answer with more assholeness plz dont answer.. we agree than the added size and better condition have nothing to do with the so called maturity..

lee in 84 was less than 25 so if there was something called muscles maturity why cant we see it in his muscles after 7 years of hard training and injuries free?!!..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2013, 12:30:47 PM »
here is haney in 84 his first olympia victory and in 91 his last victory and according to many, his best shape ever.. ok his is fuller and a bigger in 91 but again ND plz explain how his muscles were more mature in 91??.. this is a serious question ND but if you will answer with more assholeness plz dont answer.. we agree than the added size and better condition have nothing to do with the so called maturity..

lee in 84 was less than 25 so if there was something called muscles maturity why cant we see it in his muscles after 7 years of hard training and injuries free?!!..

I already said muscle maturity is the appearance of the muscle and nothing more. And I also explained to you it's really doesn't have to do with age because people like Shawn Ray were always said to have great muscle maturity even though he was just 21.

What does Haney have to do with anything? and your shitty comparison? Haney already had what people would consider great muscle maturity ( even though he was young ) in 84  ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2013, 12:34:47 PM »
after all these comments proving ND's assholeness and his insistence to keep arguing with pure nonsense i think he deserve the title (GB's whore) more than anyone else here...

sorry booty..

You take things WAY to personal lol You're always good for a laugh though ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »
NarcissticDiety mistakes "muscle maturity" with being shredded and on diuretics. Muscle is muscle.

Wrong , because look at Ramy he's in good shape and on diuretics but his physique lacks what people would call ' muscle maturity ' his physique looks raw , it looks unpolished , his quads don't have great separation you can barely make out the rectus femoris , his calves are the same way no separation between the gastrocnemous inner & outer heads , despite the fact he was relatively shredded and on diuretics. Take a look at his delts , same thing.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
Wrong , because look at Ramy he's in good shape and on diuretics but his physique lacks what people would call ' muscle maturity ' his physique looks raw , it looks unpolished , his quads don't have great separation you can barely make out the rectus femoris , his calves are the same way no separation between the gastrocnemous inner & outer heads , despite the fact he was relatively shredded and on diuretics. Take a look at his delts , same thing.

You are harsch. I think he actually has a pretty dry and polished look akin to a older bodybuilder IF you take into account how young and new to the scene he is. Of course he can improve much from here.

He gets real puffy out of contest but in contest I'd say he has some of that "muscle maturity" look already, although I hate to even use the term.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2013, 01:34:55 PM »
You are harsch. I think he actually has a pretty dry and polished look akin to a older bodybuilder IF you take into account how young and new to the scene he is. Of course he can improve much from here.

He gets real puffy out of contest but in contest I'd say he has some of that "muscle maturity" look already, although I hate to even use the term.

His physique does look very good there. And you bring up some great points he is new to the scene and has room for improvement , I think when someone like him just grows at will he will always play catch up in terms of refinement which takes a back seat

No knock on the guy's physique. It's incredible he's massive beyond belief has great shape , small waist especially considering his size but I think people are willing to overlook a lot in favor of this and will be crying in a couple of weeks when he doesn't place second.

If he had that refined/polished look with great conditioning and improves he could beat anyone Heath included , but as we all seen in this sport insane genetics will only get you so far. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »

ND you know i love you and i agree with almost everything you write but bro seriously muscle maturity although it does make a marginal difference, has very little to do with judging a physique, ripped mass is the bread and butter of judging, then proportions and aesthetics, and finally flow. THE JUDGES GIVE A RATS ASS OF HOW MATURE  MUSCLE IS.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »
Muscle maturity. Oh, boy.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »
ND you know i love you and i agree with almost everything you write but bro seriously muscle maturity although it does make a marginal difference, has very little to do with judging a physique, ripped mass is the bread and butter of judging, then proportions and aesthetics, and finally flow. THE JUDGES GIVE A RATS ASS OF HOW MATURE  MUSCLE IS.

I agree about the judges not caring so much which is why Ramy beat Vic , I think at the highest levels ( the Olympia ) it's these minute differences that will shift a contest in ones favor.

I think despite being dwarfed Heath will make Ramy look unfinished and incomplete

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2013, 02:42:56 PM »
I agree about the judges not caring so much which is why Ramy beat Vic , I think at the highest levels ( the Olympia ) it's these minute differences that will shift a contest in ones favor.

I think despite being dwarfed Heath will make Ramy look unfinished and incomplete

true but the experts have him in top 5, almost all of them, I think it is between him and Heath and Heath getting the nod because of his conditioning, to say he could be top 5 like the experts say but he doesn't have maturity so he will end up in 8th is outrageous. This is what I keep hearing.

He has deep lines like Wolf with even more width and small waist so he has everything Wolf has and then some

He has the compact look of JAY but even bigger and his aesthetic are easily even if not better

He will dwarf Dexter and Shawn beyond belief.

He is bigger then kai, wider and smaller waist.

THERE IS NO WAY HE PLACES OUT OF TOP 4, THERE SIMPLY IS NO EXPLANATION FOR IT.

The only argument is Kai has crazy muscle bellies so give him the nod and PHIL  is RAZOR sharp so give him the nod.

That's it, there is no other argument, everything else is a dead end.

The only other argument is JAY GETS THIRD and bumps him to fourth over politics.

Anyone arguing anything different does not know bodybuilding

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »
true but the experts have him in top 5, almost all of them, I think it is between him and Heath and Heath getting the nod because of his conditioning, to say he could be top 5 like the experts say but he doesn't have maturity so he will end up in 8th is outrageous. This is what I keep hearing.

He has deep lines like Wolf with even more width and small waist so he has everything Wolf has and then some

He has the compact look of JAY but even bigger and his aesthetic are easily even if not better

The only argument is Kai has crazy muscle bellies so give him the nod and PHIL  is RAZOR sharp so give him the nod.

The only other argument is JAY GETS THIRD and bumps him to fourth over politics.

I could easily see him in the top 5 but that's contingent on many things as you know. I don't know whose saying he wont be in the top 8  ??? he's a legit threat for sure I'm dying to see him near Heath lol 

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »

you are predicting ramy to not coe in the to 6-7,.. right??.. if so who are the 5-6 top guys in your list..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2013, 08:50:25 PM »

See Dennis Wolf 2007. Easily the best BBer on the stage...got fifth.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2013, 10:03:13 PM »
See Dennis Wolf 2007. Easily the best BBer on the stage...got fifth.
you got a point there

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »
but wold was a total surprise at the show as no one was expecting him to be a threat before the show.. not the same with ramy..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2013, 10:29:11 PM »
but wold was a total surprise at the show as no one was expecting him to be a threat before the show.. not the same with ramy..

that's a good point too. he's got some publicity behind him.

hell if he's the best guy and he wins...I'm all for it. Just don't see that happening. definitely top 5 though.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »
ramy can def crack top 4

but will politics see Jay get a gift placing

that being said, Jay looks to be coming smaller but better conditioned

interesting to see which way the judges will go

dont count out Dexter Jackson

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2013, 12:47:03 AM »

Yes, Wolf did have publicity before the show. About a year or so in advance the pale gym shots appeared like wildfire online and had Bob and Dan talking about him on the radio show.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »
that's a good point too. he's got some publicity behind him.

hell if he's the best guy and he wins...I'm all for it. Just don't see that happening. definitely top 5 though.

yes he is not the best... but i think and i may be wrong he is the only one now who has what it needs to be another ronnie.. his shape at the coming olympia will show his ability more.. will he be better or the same or worse than his last show..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2013, 01:14:06 AM »
Yes, Wolf did have publicity before the show. About a year or so in advance the pale gym shots appeared like wildfire online and had Bob and Dan talking about him on the radio show.
YA but no even close to the same degree as Ramy

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2013, 01:21:58 AM »

for me it was my very first time to know wolf.. i was not following bb a lot in 2007 but still i knew the top guys.. his great shape then was a big surprise.. but now anyone who has the least interest in bb has heard about ramy and is waiting to see him between the top guys.. and if ramy comes in 3rd for example it wont be a surprise..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »
yes he is not the best... but i think and i may be wrong he is the only one now who has what it needs to be another ronnie.. his shape at the coming olympia will show his ability more.. will he be better or the same or worse than his last show..
You are not wrong, he maybe even better, he will change the field the way YATES did.

I talked to an Olympia judge About RAMY and he had a few interesting things to say, he said he is pretty much locked in for top 5 as they (politics) are in favor of him.

He also said he has what it takes to win but even if better then Phil they will not give him the nod simply because he does not speak good English and they need someone to carry a good conversation in the driver seat.

He also said people might die and get hurt chasing RAMY in the next 10 years, TALKING ABOUT COMPOUNDS IN EXCESS AMOUNTS.