Author Topic: Training protocols: HIT/HST/Max-OT/DC/GVT/Volume links inside + Excersise  (Read 134655 times)

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
Re: Training protocols: HIT/HST/Max-OT/DC/GVT/Volume links inside
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2006, 02:08:54 AM »
well i have to say against my better judgement this way of training is unfckingbelievable!!!!

Strength is way up i've put on 3 lbs in about a month this is even with me cutting at the moment as well, i'm totally convinced that this training routine is the mutts nuts and that my old HIT training is something I should do when i am inhumanly strong as i don't shift enough weight to make one set count.

My back thickness has just been incredible and well all over the progress is amazing although i don't know how long this rate will last!!

definately worth a try if you ask me!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »
why was my training protocol removed ??? 
"BLAST till you PAST" is a legitimate training program >:(

Quick question, Do you or have you ever competed?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2006, 06:54:58 PM »
Quick question, Do you or have you ever competed?

Yes! I did mr.Getbig 2006! 8)
just push some weight!

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2006, 07:04:17 PM »
WHat Wt. Class did you compete in and how did things turn out?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2006, 07:05:41 PM »
WHat Wt. Class did you compete in and how did things turn out?

Its an open weight class and I am still awaiting my placing.
just push some weight!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2006, 04:31:59 AM »
Its an open weight class and I am still awaiting my placing.

you were judged, "most likely to be found crushed by 135lbs on the smith machine"

the governor

• Getbig I
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2006, 08:07:58 PM »
is ther such a thing as over training i have been just getting back to what i love  Working out  it has been ab out 15 years i am now 36 and have been hitting the gym twice a day for like 2 and a half hours each time sleeping right and eating well three on 1 off

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2006, 01:20:47 PM »
is ther such a thing as over training i have been just getting back to what i love  Working out  it has been ab out 15 years i am now 36 and have been hitting the gym twice a day for like 2 and a half hours each time sleeping right and eating well three on 1 off

Absolutely.

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2006, 05:34:20 PM »
well i have to say against my better judgement this way of training is unfckingbelievable!!!!

Strength is way up i've put on 3 lbs in about a month this is even with me cutting at the moment as well, i'm totally convinced that this training routine is the mutts nuts and that my old HIT training is something I should do when i am inhumanly strong as i don't shift enough weight to make one set count.

My back thickness has just been incredible and well all over the progress is amazing although i don't know how long this rate will last!!

definately worth a try if you ask me!

ta ta

hey YM -- Are you still using the HST method?

are you doing whole body or splitting the body?

sholtstraining

• Getbig II
where is milos training phiolosphy of feeding the muscles during training.. and extremely high volume drop set giant sets...i see you left this one out

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Anyone have good experiences with the GVT program?? i am starting it tomorrow and would just like to hear how well it has worked for other trainees

Thanx

Warren

Anyone have good experiences with the GVT program?? i am starting it tomorrow and would just like to hear how well it has worked for other trainees

Thanx
it's stupid unless you're already advanced and at the point of a bench well into the 400's and squats and pulls in the 600's, then you'll be able to use weights for those sets of 10 that will really tax you instead of this little bitch ass 100-150 pounds that a lot of guys are trying to use, all that will do is get you smaller and weaker in a hurry.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
it's stupid unless you're already advanced and at the point of a bench well into the 400's and squats and pulls in the 600's, then you'll be able to use weights for those sets of 10 that will really tax you instead of this little bitch ass 100-150 pounds that a lot of guys are trying to use, all that will do is get you smaller and weaker in a hurry.
Ouch, that hurts. Lol.  You'd be surprised how your body will adapt to those "bitch" weights.

It's a good protocol for change, growth, giving the body a new way to grow, and a good break for the joints.
Squishy face retard

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Yeah thanx alot CAP i was thinking about that i need a good break from the old and something to kinda shock my system for new growth.

And warren dont you think that a guy useing 150lbs for a hard set of ten would still be taxed the same way a stronger guy would be thats able to use a heavier weight for the same amount of reps??

Think about that

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Anyone else having trouble with the AST site?

I am trying the max-ot regimin and im trying to get the routine for my last day of the week ( Its backwards from how they put it together ) But the site wont even freakin load it just says WEBSITE NOT FOUND

Emmortal

• Getbig V
ExRX.net - Great site
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2008, 05:53:05 PM »
http://exrx.net/

Great resource.

Gavin Laird

• Getbig II
Re: Training protocols: HIT/HST/Max-OT/DC/GVT/Volume links inside + Excersi
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 05:01:56 AM »
UHT is now available free...

www.ultimate-hypertrophy.com

peaker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Great list of sites. I got amazing results with HIT, it's not for everyone but strength,recovery and overall energy levels have improved dramatically.

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
Holy sweaty ballsack Hedge...great links.

I've used a few of these routines with good to great results.
Shit I've not seen the infamous Bulgarian Burst System in yeeears! Phil Hernon used to rep for the creator or at least the one who was making paper off it lol.
 I was in my early 20s n tried both routine and diet eating up to 9-10,000cals a day! I would eat entire small chickens,pounds of potatoes, half London broils.my gf would cook at her moms plus our apt filling both freezers.
   That shit lasted maybe a month.went thru tons of toilet paper as well cause you basically eat,workout,shit,nap,eat then shit some more...
   About to embark on a basic beginners DC routine after a long horrendous 4yr layoff.

Great links brother...roc.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
Hit = historically idiotic training

Max-OT just another version of hit promoted by “drug free” Skip LeCour (cough cough)

DC training was exactly that...dog crap

GVT is good but is better if done over 3-4 exercises instead of one exercise. Instead of doing bench for 10x10, do bench, incline, flys for 3-4x10 each for a total of 10-12 sets for chest. Get better development that way.

Volume is what built the best bodies. There is nothing new under the sun in bodybuilding. What works, sticks. What doesn’t, comes and goes like a fad, just like hit.

Equalizer

• Getbig II
Hit = historically idiotic training

Max-OT just another version of hit promoted by “drug free” Skip LeCour (cough cough)

DC training was exactly that...dog crap

GVT is good but is better if done over 3-4 exercises instead of one exercise. Instead of doing bench for 10x10, do bench, incline, flys for 3-4x10 each for a total of 10-12 sets for chest. Get better development that way.

Volume is what built the best bodies. There is nothing new under the sun in bodybuilding. What works, sticks. What doesn’t, comes and goes like a fad, just like hit.
[/ Captain Mantastic I see you found getbig

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Terrific bump.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Training protocols: HIT/HST/Max-OT/DC/GVT/Volume links inside + Excersise
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2023, 06:58:12 PM »
I have to laugh at HST. Really three whole body routines a week is something new?  I'm glad new light was shown on effective basic training though.  Training the whole body in one shot is sometimes called a beginner routine. Nope, it's the absolute hardest way to train.

What makes it great is that it trains a body part three times a week and some weeks if you just get it done twice you are still moving in a positive direction. Looking at the HST site it point outs if your are doing a split training a body part once a week you might be doing six work sets a body part. In say a whole body training session you might hit a body part for two sets in one day but done three times a week you are doing six sets a body part. The HST site points out that it might be more effective to hit the body part three times a week instead of blitzing it for one day.

The whole body training routine was a staple in the 30's, 40's and 50'. Still had many followers in the 60's but fell out of favor once Dianabol made it's appearance. Tommy Kono the hall of fame Olympic lifter and bodybuilder was very adamant about training three days a week training the whole body in one session. Now elite Olympic lifters train 6 days a week but I bet as they get closer to the competition date they might have a better taper using three days a week. Then again who am I to suggest that? Tommy Kono did repeatedly.

I always had good success with a whole body routine but I found I found it leads to burn out pretty quick. It's a very hard way to train.

Some draw backs.

1. You can't train a body part with many different exercises. One or two tops a session. If you feel the need for variety you can change the exercises each training day or change them after a set period of time like every two weeks.

2. A training session can leave you devastated.   Something you won't get with a chest day or a a shoulder day.

Some real benefits.

1. Your body tires a unit and fatigue isn't localized to just a body part trained. So with a whole body routine your train and rest the body as a unit.

2. Body parts don't work in isolation. When you sprint, box, wrestle or throw a basket ball in a hoop your body is working in a complete coordinated pattern of muscles working together.  Why not train the body like that in one session? Think an athlete would benefit from an arm day in the gym? Nope, he certainly would benefit from doing power cleans, squats, presses, chins, dips and the rest in one athletic training session.

I typed too much. I heard there are naked women on the internet. I intend to find out if that's true.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2023, 07:03:40 AM »
I have to laugh at HST. Really three whole body routines a week is something new?  I'm glad new light was shown on effective basic training though.  Training the whole body in one shot is sometimes called a beginner routine. Nope, it's the absolute hardest way to train.

What makes it great is that it trains a body part three times a week and some weeks if you just get it done twice you are still moving in a positive direction. Looking at the HST site it point outs if your are doing a split training a body part once a week you might be doing six work sets a body part. In say a whole body training session you might hit a body part for two sets in one day but done three times a week you are doing six sets a body part. The HST site points out that it might be more effective to hit the body part three times a week instead of blitzing it for one day.

The whole body training routine was a staple in the 30's, 40's and 50'. Still had many followers in the 60's but fell out of favor once Dianabol made it's appearance. Tommy Kono the hall of fame Olympic lifter and bodybuilder was very adamant about training three days a week training the whole body in one session. Now elite Olympic lifters train 6 days a week but I bet as they get closer to the competition date they might have a better taper using three days a week. Then again who am I to suggest that? Tommy Kono did repeatedly.

I always had good success with a whole body routine but I found I found it leads to burn out pretty quick. It's a very hard way to train.

Some draw backs.

1. You can't train a body part with many different exercises. One or two tops a session. If you feel the need for variety you can change the exercises each training day or change them after a set period of time like every two weeks.

2. A training session can leave you devastated.   Something you won't get with a chest day or a a shoulder day.

Some real benefits.

1. Your body tires a unit and fatigue isn't localized to just a body part trained. So with a whole body routine your train and rest the body as a unit.

2. Body parts don't work in isolation. When you sprint, box, wrestle or throw a basket ball in a hoop your body is working in a complete coordinated pattern of muscles working together.  Why not train the body like that in one session? Think an athlete would benefit from an arm day in the gym? Nope, he certainly would benefit from doing power cleans, squats, presses, chins, dips and the rest in one athletic training session.

I typed too much. I heard there are naked women on the internet. I intend to find out if that's true.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2023, 12:48:50 PM »

Some draw backs.

Some real benefits.

I typed too much. I heard there are naked Men on the internet. I intend to find out if that's true.

For full development you are going to need to do a variety of exercises. Not 1 or 2 exercises per bodypart is going to give you full development of all aspects. It can't be done. So splits become almost necessary. The full body routines of the old schoolers were basically the same volume as the splits of today done on 1 day for 3-4 hours a pop.

Bottom line-for full development you are certainly going to need more than 2 exercises per muscle for even the smallest muscle. That's why bb's do lot's of exercises.

Additionally-"full body" is really a myth. There are just different degrees of splitting your body up.

Assuming one keeps the systemic stress down per workout, splits allow training more frequently, more exercise variety and frankly more work which is going to net greater protein degradation and greater metabolic response from the muscle.

That is why bodybuilders past a certain level universally use them.