Author Topic: Cop busted stealing Pro 2nd Amend signs from yard.  (Read 5252 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Cop busted stealing Pro 2nd Amend signs from yard.
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
Cops don't do sign enforcement moron. 

it's a safety issue    REMOVE THE SIGNS          THE PICTURES DON'T AGREE WITH YOU  MORON

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »
it's a safety issue    REMOVE THE SIGNS          THE PICTURES DON'T AGREE WITH YOU  MORON

Safety issue my freaking ass. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »
cry me a river  :D :D :D if the idiot wants to put up signs,go by the laws in the town so we don't have all the morons crying about it  :D :D calling me a scumbag,this from a guy that lives in the slums   priceless

You know...when we put all you worthless lib scumbags in camps, then you'll be crying. Where do you think this all ends. Of course it won't be just libs, it will be anybody the powers that be decide will cause them a problem. This cop can't come seize ur shit without some kind of written order. Just because you agree that the 2nd Amendment needs to be trampled...maybe next time it will be ur tofu and cossfit shoes. Thats the brilliance of the NRA...the line in the sand is the Constitution and not one step further. Give no ground on any issue for any reason.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
333 - when are you going to learn to read the articles before you post them or is this one of those examples where you don't give a shit what is actually written and you just need some additional fodder for you daily rage whether warranted or not

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 01:01:46 PM »
333 - when are you going to learn to read the articles before you post them or is this one of those examples where you don't give a shit what is actually written and you just need some additional fodder for you daily rage whether warranted or not

Police Department does not enforce building codes unless a warrant for removal and arrest was signed by a magistrate. 

So STFU you stupid fuck before posting on things you know nothing whatsoever about - which is most things.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2013, 01:08:47 PM »
Police Department does not enforce building codes unless a warrant for removal and arrest was signed by a magistrate.  

So STFU you stupid fuck before posting on things you know nothing whatsoever about - which is most things.  

you're a dumb fuck bill collector and now you're trying to claim expertise on what the local cops do or don't do ?

how do you know one of the neighbors didn't complain and he was sent out their to remove it

I've got a friend who sells high end real estate and has been given tickets by local cops for violating sign ordinances

Your very own article ends with the statement that "It is entirely possible that the Somer police department had a legal right to remove the sign"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2013, 01:11:47 PM »
you're a dumb fuck bill collector and now you're trying to claim expertise on what the local cops do or don't do ?

how do you know one of the neighbors didn't complain and he was sent out their to remove it

I've got a friend who sells high end real estate and has been given tickets by local cops for violating sign ordinances

Your very own article ends with the statement that "It is entirely possible that the Somer police department had a legal right to remove the sign"

LOL - like that is a definitive answer?  STFU you worthless communist shitstain. 

The only time a cop can enforce a building ordinance is if directed by signed order or warrant from a judge.   And even then is typically to a sheriff, not a local cop on patrol. 

Again - like typical worthless leftist communist mini-tyrants you defend anything the State wants to do to squash the individual /   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2013, 01:14:05 PM »
LOL - like that is a definitive answer?  STFU you worthless communist shitstain. 

The only time a cop can enforce a building ordinance is if directed by signed order or warrant from a judge.   And even then is typically to a sheriff, not a local cop on patrol. 

Again - like typical worthless leftist communist mini-tyrants you defend anything the State wants to do to squash the individual /   

again, just quoting the statement in the article you posted

I have zero confidence that you have ANY CLUE about what the local cops in this town can or cannot do

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »

Actually the police department CAN ENFORCE any building codes and there's no warrant needed for that.  Please stick to whatever you do for a living.
A

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2013, 07:35:02 PM »

Actually the police department CAN ENFORCE any building codes and there's no warrant needed for that.  Please stick to whatever you do for a living.

They police don't get to trespass onto private property and damage said private property. But even if they could, there is a process to follow. You don't just snap a sign off, throw it in the back of the patrol car and drive off.

Go back to setting up web-based store-fronts and stop talking about stuff you have no idea about.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2013, 07:36:44 PM »

Bullshit - I live in Wastechester and this is not how it works whatsoever.  This pos cop was probably a typical fat bloated overpaid thug w badge taking it upon himself to do this

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »
Bullshit - I live in Wastechester and this is not how it works whatsoever.  This pos cop was probably a typical fat bloated overpaid thug w badge taking it upon himself to do this

do you realize the story you posted said that a neighbor had complained and that he (the guy posting the sign) had been warned in writing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »
do you realize the story you posted said that a neighbor had complained and that he (the guy posting the sign) had been warned in writing

So - I complained about my neighbor building a pool right in the property line w no setback and did the cops come and rip it down?  No. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 07:42:42 PM »
So - I complained about my neighbor building a pool right in the property line w no setback and did the cops come and rip it down?  No. 

god, what a perfect apt comparison

brilliant

you probably think that makes sense

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »

Even if all that is true the Police cannot trespass onto private property (exception for the curtilage of the home exist, but let's not get into the legal nitty-gritty of a secondary issue) and then damage and haul a sign (which is private property) off.

How is this case any different from a cop walking into your yard, taking a bike, putting it in his patrol car and driving off?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »
Even if all that is true the Police cannot trespass onto private property (exception for the curtilage of the home exist, but let's not get into the legal nitty-gritty of a secondary issue) and then damage and haul a sign (which is private property) off.

How is this case any different from a cop walking into your yard, taking a bike, putting it in his patrol car and driving off?

well if he broke any laws I'm sure 333 will keep us posted

I'll bet a dollar we never hear about this again or that what he did was perfectly legal

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »

I'll bet a dollar we never hear about this again or that what he did was perfectly legal

Allow me to repeat: It is not legal for anyone to come onto your private property, damage a sign you own, remove said sign and then haul it away. It's true that the government may have some authority to do so but I'll bet you a dollar back that they can't just snap the sign off, shove it in the back of a patrol car and drive away.

There's a secondary consideration here, even if they do have authority: there are significant First Amendment considerations here and given the nature of the sign, the First Amendment is at its zenith.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2013, 07:55:43 PM »

Here is the difference - if the cop tore down a pro gay or pro abortion sign - I would be just as equally pissed off.   But for radical leftists - they don't give a f about others rights whatsoever

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »
Allow me to repeat: It is not legal for anyone to come onto your private property, damage a sign you own, remove said sign and then haul it away. It's true that the government may have some authority to do so but I'll bet you a dollar back that they can't just snap the sign off, shove it in the back of a patrol car and drive away.

There's a secondary consideration here, even if they do have authority: there are significant First Amendment considerations here and given the nature of the sign, the First Amendment is at its zenith.

just because you wrote that twice I don't know that to be true in this case or not

you've provided no proof at all that this is true

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »

just because you wrote that twice I don't know that to be true in this case or not

you've provided no proof at all that this is true

Really? You think I need to prove that people can't come on to your property and break and steal your shit? Wow... what else do you want proof for?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
Is there any doubt that should this person have been burning the flag and cops intervened, the libs would be all about free speech?

But a 2nd Amendment sign...Heaven forbid.

lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2013, 02:07:41 PM »
Really? You think I need to prove that people can't come on to your property and break and steal your shit? Wow... what else do you want proof for?

how come the person who wrote the story and even the guy who owned the sign are not as sure as you

from the article (posting for the 2nd time now)

It is entirely possible that the Somers Police Department had the “legal” right to remove the sign, though many on the forum say the man’s constitutional right to free speech was violated regardless.

As the man who posted the photos points out: “this is my property, although i have to find out if the town claims any rights to property on the edge of the road as this was about 4-5′ in from the edge of the roadway.” He also admitted that he was instructed to remove the sign once by the town’s building inspector, though he claims he ultimately was told he could leave it up

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2013, 02:09:11 PM »
how come the person who wrote the story and even the guy who owned the sign are not as sure as you

Since when does POSSIBLE mean PERMISSIBLE? 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2013, 02:29:06 PM »

I don't disagree that they could have the legal right to remove it. My statement was contingent about the sign being on private property. But even if the cops did have the legal right to remove it, kicking it down and hauling it away is not the prescribed process.

And, for the record, I do know what the prescribed process is, having spent 10 minutes to look it up. Can you say the same?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2013, 02:57:34 PM »
I don't disagree that they could have the legal right to remove it. My statement was contingent about the sign being on private property. But even if the cops did have the legal right to remove it, kicking it down and hauling it away is not the prescribed process.

And, for the record, I do know what the prescribed process is, having spent 10 minutes to look it up. Can you say the same?

why would I have looked it up when you just wrote it

Since you know the prescribed process for removal of (what appears to be) an illegal sign in this town can you please post it