Author Topic: Ted Cruz Reads Green Eggs And Ham on the senate floor  (Read 7253 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ted Cruz Reads Green Eggs And Ham on the senate floor
« on: September 24, 2013, 07:02:36 PM »

this is what we come to  :-[

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Ted Cruz Reads Green Eggs And Ham on the senate floor
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »

this is what we come to  :-[

this guy is doing this for NO OTHER REASON than to ingratiate himself to the teabag idiots who will be voting in the primaries

he knows he has zero chance of defunding ACA yet he thinks the federal government is his own personal playground for self aggrandizement

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a diagnosed sociopath

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:07 PM »
OF COURSE he is doing it for nothing more than to revvv up the base.   Getting the obamacare undone at this point is impossible - BUT getting elected president in 2016 is still possible.  So he's pushing for that. 

nobody is here saying "Cruz is going to defeat obamacare".

What they're saying it "this dude hates obamacare, so do I, and therefore I will support him in 2016".

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
OF COURSE he is doing it for nothing more than to revvv up the base.   Getting the obamacare undone at this point is impossible - BUT getting elected president in 2016 is still possible.  So he's pushing for that. 

nobody is here saying "Cruz is going to defeat obamacare".

What they're saying it "this dude hates obamacare, so do I, and therefore I will support him in 2016".

I hope you don't actually believe this

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 07:44:17 PM »
I hope you don't actually believe this

I think it's entirely possible he can win the nomination in 2016.   Repubs keep putting up moderates and they keep losing by 50 electoral votes.

At some point, they will go conservative, pass on Christie, Jeb, etc... and choose ONE candidate from the far-right.  It's sad to see 5 conservatives split 80% of the vote, and some joker RINO wins with 19% lol.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »
I think it's entirely possible he can win the nomination in 2016.   Repubs keep putting up moderates and they keep losing by 50 electoral votes.

At some point, they will go conservative, pass on Christie, Jeb, etc... and choose ONE candidate from the far-right.  It's sad to see 5 conservatives split 80% of the vote, and some joker RINO wins with 19% lol.

no chance in hell

he can only appeal to the craziest people in the party and they are not nearly enough to give him the nomination

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 07:50:07 PM »
no chance in hell

he can only appeal to the craziest people in the party and they are not nearly enough to give him the nomination

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 08:34:50 PM »

yeah, the electorate that put Obama in office twice and trounced almost every teabag nutbag in 2012 are somehow going to do a 180 and suddenly embrace the nutbags

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 10:20:02 PM »
yeah, the electorate that put Obama in office twice and trounced almost every teabag nutbag in 2012 are somehow going to do a 180 and suddenly embrace the nutbags

the prevalent thinking is that Republicans can abandon that "only a RINO can get elected" mindset after the last 2 RINOs they selected were soundly defeated.

And in 2016, possibly up against a militant Dem like Hilary, they darn sure better run with a tea party candidiate.  Cause the only real policy differences between Christie and Hilary are the 70 pound spare tire he brings, and the 30+ years at high level govt she brings.  No contest.

HOWEVER - a rand or a cruz really COULD differentiate himself from her. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »
Now, that being said - this is a MAJOR waste of time and a very stupid use of tax dollars.  Absolutely stupid.  The man is paid almost $200 grand a year in salary and THIS is how he chooses to spend his time? 

I think this video will be played over and over in 2016 primaries.  I think cruz has made some stupid moves lately.  We need 100 jesse helms and you want to read dr seuss on the taxpayer's dime?  Come on, dude.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 01:48:44 AM »
Barring a total catastrophe, a Republican will never attain the Presidency again. Additionally, prepare for permanent Democratic majorities in the Senate and Congress.

The Liberals have won the demographic battle. They encompass overwhelmimg majorities amongst racial minorities, control academia, have majorities amongst the very wealthy, and have near unanimous backing of the media and entertainment industries.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 05:41:35 AM »
What else did he think the GOP would understand?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 06:02:31 AM »
The left hailed Wendy Davis as a hero when she did this and now they're crying about Cruz doing it. Color me surprised.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 06:13:33 AM »
The left hailed Wendy Davis as a hero when she did this and now they're crying about Cruz doing it. Color me surprised.

HEHEHEHEH!!

Nothing new with the left having a double standard.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 06:24:05 AM »
I would like to read a bedtime story to my kids on the senate floor, but this is a waste of time no?

cool idea but kinds shows the microcosm of dysfunction

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 06:45:32 AM »
Cruz also talked star wars...this guy is awsome. No Dem except maybe Grayson would do anything like this to try and save anything they believed in. It might not be a real flibuster but he got the Dems to engage him and he got his points across...plus re-identified the RINO"s to everybody.
L

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 06:53:47 AM »
This is healthy for the system. Always has been. Gov't needs to slow down and pass less laws = less spending.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 06:54:47 AM »
Barring a total catastrophe, a Republican will never attain the Presidency again. Additionally, prepare for permanent Democratic majorities in the Senate and Congress.

The Liberals have won the demographic battle. They encompass overwhelmimg majorities amongst racial minorities, control academia, have majorities amongst the very wealthy, and have near unanimous backing of the media and entertainment industries.

They have nowhere near a lock. Their cockiness is at an all time high...but the truth is is that all the unique factors which came together for Obama will simply not be there for hillary. And 240 is right; they HAVE to put a true conservative up there on the ballot...RINOS will always lose for the reasons he outlined above

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 07:14:29 AM »

Sure thing........I suspect your grasp of history is not that tight.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 07:14:52 AM »
yeah, ask any getbigger to tell us 5 differences between Hilary and Christie.  I bet they can't.

They WILL recognize he looks to be 70 pounds overweight.
They WILL recognize she has 30 years of relevant national experience, and he has 3.   Yes, three.  In 2009, he was a DA in NJ, right?  Today he wants to be president.  

Now, you ask a getbigger to list differences between Rand and Hilary, and I bet 5-10 would be EASY to list!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 07:32:14 AM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/when-is-a-filibuster-not-a-filibuster/article/2536357

The left hailed the same exact thing by Bernie Sanders in 2010. Love the hypocrisy.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 07:36:27 AM »
yeah, ask any getbigger to tell us 5 differences between Hilary and Christie.  I bet they can't.

They WILL recognize he looks to be 70 pounds overweight.
They WILL recognize she has 30 years of relevant national experience, and he has 3.   Yes, three.  In 2009, he was a DA in NJ, right?  Today he wants to be president.  

Now, you ask a getbigger to list differences between Rand and Hilary, and I bet 5-10 would be EASY to list!

Is failing at that "relevant national experience"  relevant or does that matter at all to you and the waffer thin voting public.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2013, 07:55:47 AM »
Politico admits the obvious: massive liberal media bias towards Wendy Davis

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/09/ted-cruz-wendy-davis-and-media-bias-173483.html#.UkLs9IlF6ul.twitter

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 08:00:23 AM »
Wendy was about Wendy...nobody outside of Austin even cares about her.
L

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2013, 08:05:58 AM »

I wish I could order him a pizza or something.