Author Topic: who trains to failure?  (Read 12640 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: who trains to failure?
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »
You have to train to failure, however at the moment I am doing 75-80 sets per bodypart not to failure. Wonder which will work?
''

agreed. only a gay lifter would not train to failure
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »
''

agreed. only a gay lifter would not train to failure
True = fag0try.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
DEREK ANTHONY trains to failure..... kidney failure ;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 04:48:11 PM »
I remember hearing that an advanced bodybuilder does his hardest reps in the middle of the set. I agree.

If you have a strong mind-muscle link, your contractions will peak in the middle and start  to weaken towards the end of the set.

Wow, excellent point..... never really thought of it like that, but that's very true.

I usually stop when I'm not able to contract the target muscle effectively.  Yeah, I'll still be able to squeeze a couple more reps out w safe form, but they arent quality reps. Much like you describe

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »
DEREK ANTHONY trains to failure..... kidney failure ;D

Haha yes

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 05:42:22 PM »
Who fails to train you're?

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »
Train to Failure:  "I will curl this 150 lb barbell until I cannot possibly do another rep."

Train to Success:  "I will curl this 150 lb barbell one more rep than I did in my last workout."

Training to failure works, but it works only for so long.  Eventually your sub-conscience figures out what is required -- you simply have to fail to stop the set.

The second method is progressive resistance, which requires you accomplish something positive -- one more rep, etc.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »
well just like for everything, any creative endeavour, you dont want to do it half assed or do too much, to obtain the best, most balanced result. Same goes with building muscle. Pure common sense. The best ideal always being to be lean, fit, toned, in order to have the longest life expectancy.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 08:12:52 PM »
I was just about to ask that.

at the end of my chest workouts I can not do 1 single push up, so I would classify that as training to failure but I did not necessarily do every set to failure but the job got done

Should of been more specific, I'm talking about concentric failure where one can not complete another rep with the help of someone else. The "repition method" according to the Russians, is optimal for muscle hypertrophy which  involves lifting a sub maximal load to failure. On the other hand I think the general conscious on this board is that progression and load (increased weight or reps) is THE most important factor for hypertrophy. And we know that training to failure is not optimal to making the fastest strength gains, no  Olympic lifter will ever train to failure.
The lee haney route stimulate don't annihilate.

Another good topic would be is how important is soreness after a workout when it comes to stimulating growth. I know that for weightlifters using exogenous insulin l...peak synergy with insulin/weight training occurs only when soreness is mild, not extreme.I forgot the exact reason why I will have to read about it
l

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »
I train like this...when I'm getting tired and the reps are starting to burn..I think In my head "Arnold would get 5 more" and dig deeper......true story.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »
Define failure

This is what I would like to know too.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 08:38:33 PM »
I train like this...when I'm getting tired and the reps are starting to burn..I think In my head "Arnold would get 5 more" and dig deeper......true story.
top 5 gayest post of 2013
follow the arrows

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »
training to failure is really pointless and abusive to the body. it's about drugs and diet. exercise is really the most insignificant factor in the mechanism.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
Train to Failure:  "I will curl this 150 lb barbell until I cannot possibly do another rep."

Train to Success:  "I will curl this 150 lb barbell one more rep than I did in my last workout."

Training to failure works, but it works only for so long.  Eventually your sub-conscience figures out what is required -- you simply have to fail to stop the set.

The second method is progressive resistance, which requires you accomplish something positive -- one more rep, etc.

biologically it simply doesn't work like that. for it to work like that, your body would also have to produce just a little more anabolic hormones than it did for your last workout lol. ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 09:02:17 PM »
top 5 gayest post of 2013

And that's why I'm me and you're you  ;)

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »
Based on the science we have training to failure is optimal for hypertrophy. The thing is I rarely see most pros train to failure. Didn't dorian train to failure on just about every set?
 Personally I have always made my best size gains in the 12-20 rep range. My best strength gains in the 6-8 rep range. Then again if you look at Olympic lifters they have huge huge quads, spinal erectors, and often very well developed traps and  delts but rarely do more than 3-5 reps during their training.

I also find it hard to believe training a muscle once per week  is really optimal especially for small bodyparts like biceps,calves etc which often recover in 24-48 hours.

I don't ever train to failure, but I consistently fail to train.  Does that count?  I mean, is  the "train to failure" relationship symmetric?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »
Question:  Who trains to failure?

Answer:  Anyone without a vagina.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »
I don't ever train to failure, but I consistently fail to train.  Does that count?  I mean, is  the "train to failure" relationship symmetric?

+1

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »
it matters fuck all, i hope this helps

where is failure anyway?

with gun pointed at head, the point of failure would change for most.

very stupid term "to failure"

the factor mental readyness isnt accounted for.

x100000000000

also lol @ OTH claiming he couldn't do another pushup at the end of his workout

give me a break

::)

;D

chess315

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 11:14:05 PM »
 I don't think it has been proven that training to failure is optimal I don't think it has been proven that its not though either. Is the studies using ped users or non ? I think just good decent common sense training is optimal failure or not. Squats are considered one of your better hypertrophy movements and cant really be trained tell failure really when you get down to brass and tacs a heavy bencher wont really train tell failure either I just can't see common sense wise doing forced reps with 300-400lbs on the bar. They do it in videos and stuff but it seems dangerous as hell to me even with lighter weights in the 300s.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 12:15:27 AM »
The only man to exist that is incapable of training to failure.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 12:15:43 AM »

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »
i agree with chiro and flin 12-20 reps Train every muscle twice a week that helped me to gain mass... u dont have to kill yourself with heavy weight of course sometimes i train heavy but u cant always train to failure its not possible

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 01:07:21 AM »
or this, if the body is done after the workout, its all good, thats been enough failure.

heavy pump and bit beyond,where you cant lift shit anymore, then go home.

without! having that retarde post workout shake :D
post workout cigarette is better than post workout shake bro i made amazing gains thanks for that

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 01:58:38 AM »
I train with moderate/light weights, get a good pump and keep it so for 30 min. Never failure. If I feel it's too much I lower the weight to keep the same rythm.