Author Topic: MMA Fighter dies cutting weight - 17lbs in 3 days  (Read 14661 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: MMA Fighter dies cutting weight - 17lbs in 3 days
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 01:12:07 PM »
I am hyper-sensitive to diuretics.  in this pic Wednesday before a show I was 237lbs.   one aldactone a day for three days and I weighed in at 212 on Friday.

I lose all my intramuscular water and look like shit.  all hardness and vascularity is gone.  then by sunday I was back to 238.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2013, 01:16:21 PM »
my guess is electrolyte imbalance.   potassium controls heart function, and too much in relation to sodium will stop the heart.  it is the imbalance more than the drop in weight.  many of the diuretics are potassium sparing, which can really mess things up.

I don't know too much about it, but if someone were attempting suicide, potassium overdose is the most gaurenteed way to do it.

It's all of that and more. It's literally traumatic to the body if anything is abruptly disrupted, it's a shock to the CNS, kills conditioning and since muscle is roughly 65-75% water it wipes out strength and muscular endurance. When you cut calories that much you'll use the muscle before the fat for an energy source. Even though pro's have a full day to rehydrate before the fight, your body cannot recover that quickly. You might feel fine and strong but the reality is, you're not and conditioning suffers during the fight.

Three times I had to bring Jay down (against my will) 25 - 30lbs in the course of  10-13 days because he was taking fights at the last minute. One was Leben, one with CB Dollaway and the other was Hector Lombard (had to have a catch weight). It was hell and dangerous. It was shortly after that started not taking fighters for last minute fights.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
I am hyper-sensitive to diuretics.  in this pic Wednesday before a show I was 237lbs.   one aldactone a day for three days and I weighed in at 212 on Friday.

I lose all my intramuscular water and look like shit.  all hardness and vascularity is gone.  then by sunday I was back to 238.

Damn dude, that's beast mode.

I've never used diuretics

Some people can handle different things.

Like I said above, I would those 45 min sessions wearing heavy clothes. Usually alternated a few minutes back and forth at 60-90 steps per min. Sometimes I felt really good and did 70-100. I also played one step per up and down type games.

I weighed 2-3 lbs less every time. That is in 45 minutes, and I was never hurting.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »
low carb dieting plus cocaine =face
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2013, 02:50:07 PM »
 James Irvin   addicted to pain killers and meth

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2013, 04:24:03 PM »
my guess is electrolyte imbalance.   potassium controls heart function, and too much in relation to sodium will stop the heart.  it is the imbalance more than the drop in weight.  many of the diuretics are potassium sparing, which can really mess things up.

I don't know too much about it, but if someone were attempting suicide, potassium overdose is the most gaurenteed way to do it.

i remember driving to atlanta for some pusssy when i was 18 and i took like 10 or more potassium pills then smoked a fat blunt on my ride back...i totally fucking blacked out when driving back and barely managed to pull over. i remember being high as fuck then vision got fuzzy as shit then my vision totally went black then i pulled over waiting for my vision to return back to normal quite a scary experience, i never wouldve been afriad of potassium at the time
A

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2013, 04:50:25 PM »
I've been training fighters for almost 9 years. I understand.
9 years...of fail. What's even funnier is you giving mma seminars...funny like a clown.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »
i remember driving to atlanta for some pusssy when i was 18 and i took like 10 or more potassium pills then smoked a fat blunt on my ride back...i totally fucking blacked out when driving back and barely managed to pull over. i remember being high as fuck then vision got fuzzy as shit then my vision totally went black then i pulled over waiting for my vision to return back to normal quite a scary experience, i never wouldve been afriad of potassium at the time
The things we have done for hoes I just thinking about that yesterday. An amazing feat Johhny Atl is 5 hours out. You got to have sodium and potassium balanced out one of the other too much the positive you gonna have trouble.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2013, 06:02:22 PM »
9 years...of fail. What's even funnier is you giving mma seminars...funny like a clown.

And even funnier than that is a gimmick talking shit behind a key board even after MULTIPLE invitations to come meet me and settle your bullshit once and for all or won't your mommy give you permission. I'll ask her if you want....she's right here!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »
I think tbombz tried it by eating 40 bananas in 30 minutes or maybe he was practicing for another stuff I don't know.

lol

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2013, 06:20:12 PM »
Every OLYMPic wrestler and top MMA fighter walks around 20 to 30+ pounds over their fight night weight. They do this because it fukcing works PERIOD. Some light heavies walk around 230+ pounds most of the year and even compete close to that weight come fight night when they weighed around 205 the day before. Not only is it a physical thing but the psychological effect it has is something you can't possible get from people who never fought and only started flipping tires when they seen it on TV just a few years ago...

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2013, 02:53:03 PM »
And even funnier than that is a gimmick talking shit behind a key board even after MULTIPLE invitations to come meet me and settle your bullshit once and for all or won't your mommy give you permission. I'll ask her if you want....she's right here!
If I get out your way, I'll stop in to the empty storage unit. Are you buying lunch?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »
  Coach is right    Tito and Rampage are 250 +

they should be HW's

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »
Every OLYMPic wrestler and top MMA fighter walks around 20 to 30+ pounds over their fight night weight. They do this because it fukcing works PERIOD. Some light heavies walk around 230+ pounds most of the year and even compete close to that weight come fight night when they weighed around 205 the day before. Not only is it a physical thing but the psychological effect it has is something you can't possible get from people who never fought and only started flipping tires when they seen it on TV just a few years ago...

What do mean it works? They walk around that heavy because they're lazy. There are effective ways, that ain't one of them.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »

Maybe i should use Aldactone!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2013, 03:24:42 PM »
It's all of that and more. It's literally traumatic to the body if anything is abruptly disrupted, it's a shock to the CNS, kills conditioning and since muscle is roughly 65-75% water it wipes out strength and muscular endurance. When you cut calories that much you'll use the muscle before the fat for an energy source. Even though pro's have a full day to rehydrate before the fight, your body cannot recover that quickly. You might feel fine and strong but the reality is, you're not and conditioning suffers during the fight.

Three times I had to bring Jay down (against my will) 25 - 30lbs in the course of  10-13 days because he was taking fights at the last minute. One was Leben, one with CB Dollaway and the other was Hector Lombard (had to have a catch weight). It was hell and dangerous. It was shortly after that started not taking fighters for last minute fights.

Nobody really wants to pay attention to these things. As trainers, we are basically depleting our clients on some level, albeit minute, it still has it's liabilities.

Depleting slowly and never reducing water intake is a pretty intelligent way to go.

With some people, not just fighters, but maybe a woman that wants to slam into a wedding dress in less than 24 hours, it can get extreme. I don't like doing it either but sometimes that is what we are paid to do.

And I sure as hell wouldn't do it with Aldactazide or any other prescription DIEuretic.

I have "special" liability waivers that have to be signed for these folks and I do explain what might go wrong during the process. It's funny what lengths people will go to.

I would have to say that every time I am forced to deplete someone quickly, it is most definitely against my better judgement.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 03:27:50 PM »
Maybe i should use Aldactone!

a bantamweight I knew took three a day from Monday to Friday and barely lost 3 lbs. to make weight.  I take three total and lose 25 frikkin pounds.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2013, 05:20:27 PM »
Medical uses in Obese people... NOT bodybuilders!

Diuretics, work by affecting the way the kidneys filter the blood. Some of them block the ability of the kidneys to reabsorb sodium and/or potassium, which also pulls extra water into the urine. Others increase the rate at which urine flows through the kidneys. Regardless of their mechanism, water pills increase the amount of water lost through the urine and often are used to treat high blood pressure, kidney disease and congestive heart failure, the Texas Heart Institute explains. Because they eliminate water from the body, they may also cause short-term weight loss ~

Dehydration!

One of the most prominent dangers of taking diuretics is dehydration. Because these medications increase urine output, they can cause your body to become depleted of water. Early symptoms of dehydration include increased thirst, headaches and dizziness. Diuretics also can cause your blood pressure to become dangerously low from decreased blood volume. Finally, dehydration can exacerbate gout, as the loss of water from the body can cause crystals of uric acid to build up in the joints.

The Sodium/Potassium pump... do you know what that is? Electrolytes, do you know what they are and what role they play in making your heart beat on an involuntary basis? It's not like voluntarily flexing your non-existent bicep.

Electrolyte Imbalance

Electrolytes are substances that have an electrical charge when they are dissolved in water and have an important role in the function of nerves, muscles and other tissues. Taking water pills can cause you to develop abnormally low concentrations of these electrolytes because of increased excretion in the urine. One kind of diuretic, known as loop diuretics, can cause you to lose sodium through your urine, Cardiovascular Pharmacology Concepts explains. Thiazide diuretics, another type of water pill, can cause to you become depleted of potassium. The loss of these electrolytes can cause muscle cramping and an irregular heartbeat.

Diuretics do not cause you to burn extra calories or lose fat; instead, the weight loss they cause is entirely water.

Here's another thing to consider. There are a number of bodybuilders that DID DIE and a number of them that CAME CLOSE TO DYING because of diuretics.

They can also be addictive, not like weed, opiates, benzos or alcohol, but more like juice, yeah... fruit juice  ::)

You can get hooked on the way they make you look, all the while your body is suffering like a mofo inside.

Educate yourselves. Why don't we start a thread on DNP and all of its fans?

Crazy mentality us humans have at times... more often than not.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »

A lot of the top guys are into blood loading(doping)...Joe Rogan admitted who knew of guys doing it...24 hours is more than enough time when doing this...Military special forces do this shit...

cut paste wiki

In 1993, U.S. Special Forces commanders at Fort Bragg started experimenting with blood doping, also known as blood loading. Special Forces operators would provide two units of whole blood, from which red blood cells would be extracted, concentrated, and stored under cold temperatures. 24 hours before a mission or battle, a small amount of red blood cells would be infused back into the soldier. Military scientists believe that the procedure increases the soldiers’s endurance and alertness because of the increase in the blood's capability to carry oxygen.
In 1998, the Australian Defence Forces approved this technique for the Special Air Service Regiment. Senior nutritionist at the Australian Defence Science and Technology Organization Chris Forbes-Ewan is quoted as saying that, unlike in sport, "all's fair in love and war." "What we are trying to gain is an advantage over any potential adversary," Forbes-Ewan said.[25] In this study, over 50 performance-enhancing drugs and techniques were rejected. The six that were approved are caffeine, ephedrine, energy drinks, modafinil, creatine, and blood-loading

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2013, 04:37:20 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2013, 08:55:30 PM »
Second round KO over the KSW champion. No dehydration, drinking 1/2-1 gallon of water + eating at weigh-ins.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »
a bantamweight I knew took three a day from Monday to Friday and barely lost 3 lbs. to make weight.  I take three total and lose 25 frikkin pounds.

Hmm weird, wonder how many pounds i'd lose!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2013, 03:31:15 AM »
Unless you have something of significants to contribute, I suggest you stfu.
thanks so much for not responding to my pms a while back when i needed advice on my injury
also thanks for agreeing to come to ct to train me and u never followed up on your offer
thanks coach
but im glad u are making lots of money
w