Author Topic: Imbalanced arms  (Read 2832 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Imbalanced arms
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »
So one of my arms is 0.5" smaller than the other  ::)

I've been always training with dumbells, but recently switched over to barbells hoping this would help me 'balance out' my biceps. My bicep on my left arm is smaller than my right arm. This is more than surely in part due to the rotator injury I had which has had me weaker in the left for a while. However I've been rehabing my rotator and even started training chest regularly, but now I have a smaller arm which is very lame when doing a double bicep shot lol.

A friend of mine told me that doing barbell curls will make the problem worse, to me it doesn't make sense as you are distributing the same load, but.. at the same time what he said kind of made sense, that the other arm will take the slack.. but does it?

With dumbells, I certainly had trouble on my left curls.

Need some advice on getting this sorted and no, I will not inject synthol.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Imbalanced arms
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:26:21 PM »
possible solutions:
  1. remove both arms surgically
  2. tape pictures of bluto's arms on top of yours
  3. use more muscletech products

....  :)

seriously though... are you right handed? were they always different sizes or is this a recent development? have you tried not training the right arm directly for a while and just training the left (right would still get indirect work)?

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »
lol, 5k posts and finally the imbalanced arms questions pops

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 03:15:19 PM »
So one of my arms is 0.5" smaller than the other  ::)

I've been always training with dumbells, but recently switched over to barbells hoping this would help me 'balance out' my biceps. My bicep on my left arm is smaller than my right arm. This is more than surely in part due to the rotator injury I had which has had me weaker in the left for a while. However I've been rehabing my rotator and even started training chest regularly, but now I have a smaller arm which is very lame when doing a double bicep shot lol.

A friend of mine told me that doing barbell curls will make the problem worse, to me it doesn't make sense as you are distributing the same load, but.. at the same time what he said kind of made sense, that the other arm will take the slack.. but does it?

With dumbells, I certainly had trouble on my left curls.

Need some advice on getting this sorted and no, I will not inject synthol.

Dumbbell work will force each arm to handle its weight independently (without assistance from the contralateral side). Regardless, this type of imbalance is quite common in many trainers. Look at front double bicep shots of pros and you will notice this phenomenon in many of them.

This genetic difference also often transcends upper arms. If you look closely enough, you'll often notice minor side-to-side discrepancies in pectorals, abs, and quads.
Ronnie had maybe the best biceps ever in history, and even he had minor differences in shape and size.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 04:52:56 PM »

Dumbbell work will force each arm to handle its weight independently (without assistance from the contralateral side). Regardless, this type of imbalance is quite common in many trainers. Look at front double bicep shots of pros and you will notice this phenomenon in many of them.

This genetic difference also often transcends upper arms. If you look closely enough, you'll often notice minor side-to-side discrepancies in pectorals, abs, and quads.
Ronnie had maybe the best biceps ever in history, and even he had minor differences in shape and size.

good old biological asymmetry

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/arthropods_04

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 04:53:59 PM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 01:38:11 AM »

spot on Monty..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 01:42:59 AM »
spot on Monty..

Once in a while I get it right...

October is covered!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 01:46:48 AM »

Once in a while I get it right...