Author Topic: Foreigners are dumping Treasuries......  (Read 38038 times)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Foreigners are dumping Treasuries......
« on: October 15, 2013, 06:14:07 PM »
A childhood friend who manages an overseas mutual fund emailed me a rumor that the US Treasuries are being liquidated because overexposure broke the interest rate swaps.....if this is true.....

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Foreigners are dumping Treasuries......
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »
Were fucked?

Yeah ive think weve known that for a while broseph.

Were in deep shit, we just dont know it yet.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:21:15 PM »
Were fucked?

Yeah ive think weve known that for a while broseph.

Were in deep shit, we just dont know it yet.

I don't know? It's a singularity I've only seen in small third world countries....most lead to huge basis point jumps in treasuries, and bankrupt governments....IF this is true  ???

Edit: would also explain why the new Fed Chairman will be a "dove" and pump QE to unheard of levels if she has to cover redeemables and cover swap losses, 200 billion a month plus.... :-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »
A childhood friend who manages an overseas mutual fund emailed me a rumor that the US Treasuries are being liquidated because overexposure broke the interest rate swaps.....if this is true.....

not just foreigners

US firms are trimming their exposure too

fucking teabag morons will need to have this explained to them I'm sure, probably multiple times

I'd like to know the credit scores of these idiots in Congress who are behind this.   I would be willing to bet many of them are deadbeats with shitty credit and have no clue how reckless their actions are in this matter

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 06:32:11 PM »
not just foreigners

fucking teabag morons will need to have this explained to them I'm sure, probably multiple times

I'd like to know the credit scores of these idiots in Congress who are behind this.   I would be willing to bet many of them are deadbeats with shitty credit and have no clue how reckless their actions are in this matter

This is not shutdown related....

This is about 4 months in the making,shutdown doesn't help, but this is a debt problem not an ideological one.

Politics are the gloves for Robber Barons, anyone taking politics seriously doesn't understand finance.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »
If US 10 year yield goes above 3, and God forbid Im right with this tread we get to 3.5, swaps are broken.....100 billion in additional borrowing costs per month and........I don't know? Boom. Maybe.  ???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »
This is not shutdown related....

This is about 4 months in the making,shutdown doesn't help, but this is a debt problem not an ideological one.

Politics are the gloves for Robber Barons, anyone taking politics seriously doesn't understand finance.

well at least for some US firms it is related (at least in part) to the current debacle in Washington

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-fidelity-bonds-20131009,0,3822933.story

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 06:43:13 PM »
well at least for some US firms it is related (at least in part) to the current debacle in Washington

Fidi granddaughter is smart, it's not political....if she jumped, so should you (meaning anyone reading).....wow

Keep em coming Straw maybe we can save some getbiggers :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 07:53:43 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »

they are limiting their exposure to short term debt as in late oct/early nov b/c those are the first large payments due after the 17th.

A deal probably wont be reached by the 17th but there wont likely be a technical default bc we have a few weeks before substantial payments are due.

they arent dumping treasuries as a whole just limiting their exposure to what they consider higher risk given the timeline for a resolution.

The long term negative effects of this will not be substantial...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »
"We expect Congress will take the steps necessary to avoid default, but in our position as money market managers we have to take precautionary measures," Prior said.

Fidelity, which manages $430 billion in money market mutual funds, has taken similar actions in the past. The most recent instance was in the summer of 2011

Like I said this is just them taking precautions not a change in investment strategies...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »
they are limiting their exposure to short term debt as in late oct/early nov b/c those are the first large payments due after the 17th.

A deal probably wont be reached by the 17th but there wont likely be a technical default bc we have a few weeks before substantial payments are due.

they arent dumping treasuries as a whole just limiting their exposure to what they consider higher risk given the timeline for a resolution.

The long term negative effects of this will not be substantial...

the second sentence in my first post

I never said anyone was dumping treasuries

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
the second sentence in my first post

I never said anyone was dumping treasuries
ok, they are limiting their exposure to short term treasuries than not all treasuries.

it also doesnt say whether or not the managers they hold are holding any short term treasuries. I garuntee you they still have a shit load of exposure through the managers they use.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 12:18:02 AM »

I'm sure your childhood friend's nigh omniscient advise has made you millions in the past, so we'd better be wary!

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 03:42:17 AM »
I'm sure your childhood friend's nigh omniscient advise has made you millions in the past, so we'd better be wary!

My childhood friend has done well for himself. And I'm not complaining.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »
My childhood friend has done well for himself. And I'm not complaining.

That isn't in question; what's in question is whether your friend's whispers really mean anything, and thus whether they constitute actionable intelligence that can produce significant profit. You seem rather confident, so make the requisite moves in the market and come back to us when you can rub said profit in our faces.

Otherwise, stop pretending to have a secret fount of knowledge/insights the rest of the market does not.

The same goes for 24KunT and other market sages on here: submit your claims to the ultimate empirical tribunal (attempting to beat the market's aggregate wisdom) and show us that they weather the storm. Or, if they don't, simply drop the false pretenses.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »
That isn't in question; what's in question is whether your friend's whispers really mean anything, and thus whether they constitute actionable intelligence that can produce significant profit. You seem rather confident, so make the requisite moves in the market and come back to us when you can rub said profit in our faces.

Otherwise, stop pretending to have a secret fount of knowledge/insights the rest of the market does not.

The same goes for 24KunT and other market sages on here: submit your claims to the ultimate empirical tribunal (attempting to beat the market's aggregate wisdom) and show us that they weather the storm. Or, if they don't, simply drop the false pretenses.

I passed on credible information IMO, your choice to accept it or not. If you find it suspect, I don't care, if you find it useful...great, but I still don't care.

24K......about link, guy on it seems like an ADD nutjob but the info was interesting.  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »
I passed on credible information IMO, your choice to accept it or not. If you find it suspect, I don't care, if you find it useful...great, but I still don't care.

24K......about link, guy on it seems like an ADD nutjob but the info was interesting.  ;D

Jim Willie is a good guy, ...it's just every once in a while he gets pissed off enough to show it.
He knows his shit though.

Glad you were at least able to see the video before one of the mods deleted it FOR NO VALID REASON.
w

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
Jim Willie is a good guy, ...it's just every once in a while he gets pissed off enough to show it.
He knows his shit though.

Glad you were at least able to see the video before one of the mods deleted it FOR NO VALID REASON.

Why did they take it down?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 02:07:45 AM »
Why did they take it down?

Because they're assholes. Why do you think?
The entire clip was about interest rate swaps,
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 02:14:59 AM »
submit your claims to the ultimate empirical tribunal (attempting to beat the market's aggregate wisdom) and show us that they weather the storm. Or, if they don't, simply drop the false pretenses.

It is impossible to submit claims or back them up when mods are running roughshod across the boards drunk with power, deleting sane, calm, rational posts, while letting the trolls run amok. All I do is sound the warning. It's up to the rest of you to do proper due diligence.
w

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
It is impossible to submit claims or back them up when mods are running roughshod across the boards drunk with power, deleting sane, calm, rational posts, while letting the trolls run amok. All I do is sound the warning. It's up to the rest of you to do proper due diligence.

Really? I'm hardly trying to stick up for the mods as I'm more of a reader than a poster here, but I think posters here are on a very long leash.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
op

Stop your whining.  You have been told under no uncertain terms that you are not to post anything that has to do with your business on the political board.  It has nothing to do with sane calm or rational.  Grow the fuck up and stop playing the victim.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 04:15:55 AM »
op
Stop your whining.  You have been told under no uncertain terms that you are not to post anything that has to do with your business on the political board.  It has nothing to do with sane calm or rational.  Grow the fuck up and stop playing the victim.  

YOU ARE A LIAR OzmO!!!

And when called out on your lies, like I did in the previous post, the one wherein I stated the clip had absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH MY BUSINESS, but instead supported Teddy's statement that they broke the interest default swap mechanisms, what do you do? ...like the tin-pot little dictator you are, ...you deleted the post, then moved the entire thread to a different board!

Tell us again, how that clip was about my business, ...go on, I dare you to even try... You lying POS!
w