Author Topic: Mexico Bans GMO Corn, Effective Immediately  (Read 7081 times)

viking1

• Getbig V
Re: Mexico Bans GMO Corn, Effective Immediately
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 08:16:09 PM »
thats because mexicanos are into functional strength, land scaping/contruction

Bend and Scoop. WOD.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 02:39:35 AM »

I feel sorry for Americans, being poisoned by all the crap in their food. For a first world country how can they have the worst agriculture, food processing and food safety standards in the world. Guess it all comes down to the dollar.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 03:10:06 AM »

I feel sorry for Americans, being poisoned by all the crap in their food. For a first world country how can they have the worst agriculture, food processing and food safety standards in the world. Guess it all comes down to the dollar.

That's your completely baseless opinion.

We have access to tons of Certified Non GMO products in the US. There's barely any proof GMO is harmful, we shouldn't restrict access to those who don't mind GMO.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 03:20:41 AM »
100 years ago people were afraid of cars. Not a long time ago people were afraid of microwaves. Now everyone is paranoid about GMO.

This is hilarious.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2013, 04:52:00 AM »
99% of the shit they eat is derived from corn.  it makes sense to me. 

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 05:39:53 AM »

Define worst agriculture?

Americans farmers produce enough agriculture for the Country plus a vast surplus to be used elsewhere (ethanol for example) with less than 1% of the total population being farmers. Not saying that GM food isn't questionable by any means but our Ag is so advanced that no other Country can come close to us in efficiency and most yield of crops per % of farmers per Country. Farming here is more of an ongoing scientific study these days than 'sow seed and pray for rain' lol. I know farmers who can run their irrigation remotely with smartphones.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 05:59:14 AM »
True story? ???

Mexico Bans GMO Corn, Effective Immediately
by Beth Buczynski
October 16, 2013

Just when you think there’s no winning against the biotech industry, news out of Mexico City shows that all is not lost. After years of deliberation, a Mexico judge has placed an indefinite ban on genetically-engineered corn. Effective immediately, companies like Monsanto and DuPont/Pioneer will no longer be allowed to plant or sell their corn within the country’s borders.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/mexico-bans-gmo-corn-effective-immediately.html#ixzz2i7609352

monsanto didnt throw enough money at them it seems

:-\

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 10:26:55 AM »

We have access to tons of Certified Non GMO products in the US. There's barely any proof GMO is harmful, we shouldn't restrict access to those who don't mind GMO.

Baseless apart from the fact of having lived there and had to shop and eat there for a few years. I can only compare to my experiences living in Europe and other parts of the world.

Theres plenty of proof GMO is harmful. Im not talking just about GMO, you only need to walk around a typical american supermarket and open your eyes and see.

You have widespread use of GMO.
The choice of organic and free range products in minimal compared to Europe.
You permit the use of hormones and anti-biotics that are not permitted in the rest of the world (although it makes your steaks a lot better :-)
Packaged good are incredibly processed, an "equal" product such as Olivio Olive oil spread has about 50 ingredients compared to about ten in Europe, despite it allegedly being the same product, you use a wide variety of low grade mass produced, probably GMO sourced oils.
Food additives, flavour enhancers, colourings banned in Europe and most westernised countries outside the US.
Lower standards of food production by your very own american fast food companies in your own country, than they have to comply to outside of their country.
Widepsread use of hydrogenated vegetable oils and high fructose corn syrup. HFCS is barely used outside of America, despite it being linked to cardiovascular disease its everywhere in the US.
You food labelling standards dont need to list GMO, dont need to list trans fats as long as its below 0.5 grams per 100grams.
Bacterial contamination is widespread and the norm in meat production, to the point that you have to have food warnings advising against the risk of  eating undercooked meat products.
Your fruit and veg is like water standing up no flavour or taste.

Im not saying america is not capable, I saw that organic foods are grown and produced, and meat is produced ethically and without drugs, but that is not the standard and not widely available.
Europe certainly has it problems and low grade mass produced food is everywhere but if you really think the US is a cut above in terms of quality produce available to the masses your deluded.

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 10:32:48 AM »

Baseless apart from the fact of having lived there and had to shop and eat there for a few years. I can only compare to my experiences living in Europe and other parts of the world.

Theres plenty of proof GMO is harmful. Im not talking just about GMO, you only need to walk around a typical american supermarket and open your eyes and see.

You have widespread use of GMO.
The choice of organic and free range products in minimal compared to Europe.
You permit the use of hormones and anti-biotics that are not permitted in the rest of the world (although it makes your steaks a lot better :-)
Packaged good are incredibly processed, an "equal" product such as Olivio Olive oil spread has about 50 ingredients compared to about ten in Europe, despite it allegedly being the same product, you use a wide variety of low grade mass produced, probably GMO sourced oils.
Food additives, flavour enhancers, colourings banned in Europe and most westernised countries outside the US.
Lower standards of food production by your very own american fast food companies in your own country, than they have to comply to outside of their country.
Widepsread use of hydrogenated vegetable oils and high fructose corn syrup. HFCS is barely used outside of America, despite it being linked to cardiovascular disease its everywhere in the US.
You food labelling standards dont need to list GMO, dont need to list trans fats as long as its below 0.5 grams per 100grams.
Bacterial contamination is widespread and the norm in meat production, to the point that you have to have food warnings advising against the risk of  eating undercooked meat products.
Your fruit and veg is like water standing up no flavour or taste.

Im not saying america is not capable, I saw that organic foods are grown and produced, and meat is produced ethically and without drugs, but that is not the standard and not widely available.
Europe certainly has it problems and low grade mass produced food is everywhere but if you really think the US is a cut above in terms of quality produce available to the masses your deluded.

It sounds like it's a good thing you left, "Lord Chronos."  Now stay gone and go back to serving the Muslim overlords you people aren't man enough to keep in check.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »
Define worst agriculture?

Americans farmers produce enough agriculture for the Country plus a vast surplus to be used elsewhere (ethanol for example) with less than 1% of the total population being farmers. Not saying that GM food isn't questionable by any means but our Ag is so advanced that no other Country can come close to us in efficiency and most yield of crops per % of farmers per Country. Farming here is more of an ongoing scientific study these days than 'sow seed and pray for rain' lol. I know farmers who can run their irrigation remotely with smartphones.

Without doubt the US is number 1 in terms of efficiency and highest yield when it comes to production. Mass production, heavy use of pesticides and fertilisers, gmo and other intesive processes does not necessarily equate to nutritionally rich food and this is where I define the US as being one of the worst.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
It sounds like it's a good thing you left, "Lord Chronos."  Now stay gone and go back to serving the Muslim overlords you people aren't man enough to keep in check.

Touchy  ;D Why so defensive? Just pointing out some facts. Theres plenty of good things in the US. Mental cases running around with Ar-15's every other week is not one of them.

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »
Touchy  ;D Why so defensive? Just pointing out some facts. Theres plenty of good things in the US. Mental cases running around with Ar-15's every other week is not one of them.

hahahahahaha oh, brother  ::)    Another anti-gun mental case...no wonder your continent is being overrun by towel heads.  You deserve whatever happens to you at their hands.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
Only Americans accept being experimented on by Monsanto.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »

There is more than enough proof GMO's are harmful.  What proof exists that they are safe?  None, the FDA doesn't require it.  Also, look at what's happening to the bee population courtesy of GMO.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »
Hey, you stay the eff away from my AR.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 12:31:55 PM »
lol "more than enough proof GMO is harmful"

where?

why anyone would assume it's harmful in the first place is beyond me... you people do realize we have been "GMing" our "Os" for thousands of years, right?  the only difference, today, is that we better understand how to manipulate the dna directly to get what we want, instead of having to pray our crossbreeding experiments work as hoped.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 12:33:36 PM »

Bill Gates put a shitload of his money into a population control agenda...

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 01:09:13 PM »
lol "more than enough proof GMO is harmful"

where?

why anyone would assume it's harmful in the first place is beyond me... you people do realize we have been "GMing" our "Os" for thousands of years, right?  the only difference, today, is that we better understand how to manipulate the dna directly to get what we want, instead of having to pray our crossbreeding experiments work as hoped.

Crossbreeding and genetically modifying and organism by design is not the same. I don't think crossbreeding a goat with spider is possible. The aim of GMO in Monsanto's case with corn and soy is to have a crop that either produces it's own pesticide, or is able to withstand being doused in chemicals for higher yield. These efforts are being lead by greed, and you will be the on paying for their greed with your health. They don't want to feed the poor parts of the world and make them healthy, they just want more customers.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 01:22:27 PM »

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 02:30:51 PM »
Bill Gates put a shitload of his money into a population control agenda...
yeah that is terrifying. There is something about Gates that wouldnt suprise me if he was a supporter of genocidal population controls.

and some of his public slip ups dont help... like talking about lowerong population by a 3rd through methods such as BC and VACCINES. 

Id be interested for him to expound on how vaccines will help lower population.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2013, 02:35:55 PM »
I was hoping to never actually watch that chainsaw video. That hope has died. :-\

Fucking Mexico...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »
Only Americans accept being experimented on by Monsanto.

How about we experiment on your 3rd world shithole with some nukes?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2013, 03:55:29 PM »
looks like they failed to pay off the right people... misunderstandings of this magnitude don't happen very often  :o

doesn't matter, with their recent acquisition of blackwater i'm sure they can infiltrate a 3rd world countries policy makers. 

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »
doesn't matter, with their recent acquisition of blackwater i'm sure they can infiltrate a 3rd world countries policy makers. 

Shouldn't believe urban legends.