Author Topic: Branch Warren's claims in latest MD  (Read 27641 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Branch Warren's claims in latest MD
« on: December 31, 2005, 06:42:25 PM »
in the Johnnie Jackson and Branch Warren shoulder training article Johnnie claims that he saw Branch shoulder press 405 for 20 reps, what do you think?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Branch Warren's claims in latest MD
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 06:44:23 PM »
DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?  I KNOW BRANCH IS STRONG BUT I DOUBT THAT, I WOULDNT PUT IT PAST HIM THOUGH, BUT EVEN BRANCH DOESNT CLAIM POUNDAGES ANTWHERE NEAR THAT, AT LEAST NOT THAT I KNOW OF.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 06:47:05 PM »
i think he claimed it was seated too, i wouldn't doubt 1 or 2 but 20?? i don't know.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 06:48:44 PM »
IM THINKING MAYBE BRANCH WAS USING A SMALL ROM AND ALOT OF ASSISTED REPS IF HE DID ACTUALLY DO THAT.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 06:51:51 PM »
yeah maybe, if you watch him and johnnie train on that BFTO 05 preview clip they use very short reps, like quarter reps, but even to support that kind of weight, man, i don't know.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 07:50:04 PM »
Really?Geeze,Ted Arcidi claims to have done 405X3 in a standing behind neck press.Ed Coan has done 405X2 in the seated behind the neck press.Now,is anyone claining that Johnny Jackson or Branch Warren are stronger than either of these two guys?Im so sick of these idiotic claims like Johnny will deadlift 1000lbs when his best pull is 815,or Lee Priest claiming he can squat 775 for six reps with only a belt or Johnny Jackson claiming an 815 squat with only a belt but in a power meet with a suit,belt and wraps he get 825.Its a load of crap.These guys are strong but I wish theyd try to keep their claims realistic.

GMCtrk

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 07:51:23 PM »
yeah maybe, if you watch him and johnnie train on that BFTO 05 preview clip they use very short reps, like quarter reps, but even to support that kind of weight, man, i don't know.

that's bullshit....I have the BFTO 05 and they dont do quarter reps, they use FULL ROM on incline BB bench press. Branch does 315 for 17 reps as a WARM UP and he was just a few days out from the charolette pro show

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 07:53:33 PM »
i agree with you, i highly doubt he even presses 405 for 1, if you see BFTO 04 Johnnie has a tough time pulling 5 plates for 5, i saw another clip where he had to lift his hips off the bench to bench 405 for 3, i'm sure Branch is strong but i'd say 315 for 8 to 10 is more realistic.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

GMCtrk

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 07:56:22 PM »
i agree with you, i highly doubt he even presses 405 for 1, if you see BFTO 04 Johnnie has a tough time pulling 5 plates for 5, i saw another clip where he had to lift his hips off the bench to bench 405 for 3, i'm sure Branch is strong but i'd say 315 for 8 to 10 is more realistic.

you have to understand though that BFTO is with these guys carb depleted and they are at their "weakest". I mean Branch was just a few days out for a show. Also, supposedly, Johnnie loses a lot of strength when he cuts down. Branch is a lot stronger in a depleted state.

All will be told when they release their video soon

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 07:57:17 PM »
that's bullshit....I have the BFTO 05 and they dont do quarter reps, they use FULL ROM on incline BB bench press. Branch does 315 for 17 reps as a WARM UP and he was just a few days out from the charolette pro show
315 ain't a "warmup" for anyone on inclines, dumbass, it may be lighter than his max set of 405 for 4 or 5 but it's not a warmup.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

GMCtrk

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 07:59:33 PM »
315 ain't a "warmup" for anyone on inclines, dumbass, it may be lighter than his max set of 405 for 4 or 5 but it's not a warmup.

315 was a warm up for Branch light easy weight for him, he was pumping out reps getting lighter every rep. Before you go calling people a dumbass go watch the video, you haven't seen anything but pain's shitty preview. If it was a real set Branch would have done 25 reps or more.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 08:03:37 PM »
315 was a warm up for Branch light easy weight for him, he was pumping out reps getting lighter every rep. Before you go calling people a dumbass go watch the video, you haven't seen anything but pain's shitty preview. If it was a real set Branch would have done 25 reps or more.
POWERLIFTERS WARM UP WITH THE BAR-100LBS.  SARCASM IS RIGHT, 315 ISNT A WARMUP FOR ANYONE.  IT MIGHT NOT BE BRANCHES MAX WEIGHT, BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE IT A WAMUP.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 09:20:37 PM »
i warm up to yoga with 120

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 09:48:08 PM »
They were probably talking about some kind of machine press, or else it was a typo.

BTW, I would imagine that a 500+ bencher could use 315 as a warm-up pretty easily.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 10:24:11 PM »
Dude, I aint shit and I can do 315 for ten on flat bench.  405 for 20 is probably a lie, but 10 for branch would be beleivable.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 11:08:16 PM »
 with Brach its hard to say if it was BS or not. the first time i've ever seen him in a Flex meg. he was deading 765lbs... and some seriously amzing pics of him squatting

now the true quwstin is, was it an  45lb bar or smith machine??

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 11:40:01 PM »
They were probably talking about some kind of machine press
Exactly, probably the hammer strength machine with 4 plates. Beleivable.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2006, 01:57:36 AM »
Those magazines are purely exaggerating..
I am a mini beast

jem123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 03:47:08 AM »
Didn't Levrone do 4 plates a side on Behind the neck press in his MMM video? I cant remember how many reps (about 8 I think).

20 does sound like a lot to me. ???

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 05:26:07 AM »
he did but that was on the smith machine...
jonie jackson made deadliftin 5 plates for 5 reps... on bfto look hard that is for a man who claimes a 800+ dead...
coleman pulled 802 pounds.... 2 weeks out from the 2000 or 2001 O on his the unbelievable dvd.

ronnie in flex did 405 for 1 military press.. freeweight

hmmm
405 for 20 reps is a big claim
specially when you consider he and johnny had a photo shoot trainin chest
and the most branch inclined was 405 for 8...
 ???
choice is an illusion

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 07:37:18 AM »
Dude, I aint shit and I can do 315 for ten on flat bench.  405 for 20 is probably a lie, but 10 for branch would be beleivable.
he wasn't talking about flat bench, he was talking about seated military press.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006, 08:39:53 AM »
just looked at Brian Siders website and in his training log he claims that his max set on seated militaries is 365 for 10 and he's one of the strongest powerlifters in the world benching close to 800 if not over, so either Branch is the strongest man who ever walked the planet or he's lying his ass off.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2006, 08:41:15 AM »
Id like to see it to believe it but i guess we wont get to see proof...Do i think its possible this strenght feat could be done? yes i do...ive done feats of strenght in weight training before that couldnt be duplicated the next workout...it was just a freak thing that everything fell in place and i was superbly strong...call it the effects of endorphins rushing in or whatever...personally without proof i would venture if branch did complete the lift claimed it was probably a one time thing and that day was just a miracle in lifting for him...

lets say your working with a lift and you can do maybe eight reps with it...this is just regular training and where your strenght is at at the time...now, throw in one of the most positive feel good days you ever had, and you go to lift, i believe positive reinforcement can turn that eight reps into twenty...amazing lifts are done all the time, in gyms everyday all around the world...they just arent documented, doesnt mean they dont happen....

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2006, 08:53:13 AM »
Why wouldnt it be true Sarcasm?

I beleive it, bec there are some guys that use gear at my gym, train hard, and eat good, prettydecent bodybuilers- im sure they are not on what Branch is- and they rep 315 for some good reps.....

maybe slappin on aother set of 45s wouldnt be much for a pro like branch?

Its all in the gear baby.. Guys on the right gear, on the Right diet,, are amazingly strong.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2006, 08:56:28 AM »
Why wouldnt it be true Sarcasm?

I beleive it, bec there are some guys that use gear at my gym, train hard, and eat good, prettydecent bodybuilers- im sure they are not on what Branch is- and they rep 315 for some good reps.....

maybe slappin on aother set of 45s wouldnt be much for a pro like branch?

Its all in the gear baby.. Guys on the right gear, on the Right diet,, are amazingly strong.
so you're saying that he's stronger than Brian Siders, Ted Arcidi, Bill Kazmaier, Ed Coan, etc.?
Jaejonna rows 125!!