Author Topic: Branch Warren's claims in latest MD  (Read 27912 times)

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
Re: Branch Warren's claims in latest MD
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2006, 07:16:24 PM »
YOU HAVE TO ADMIT HIS LIFESTYLE VIDEO WAS PRETTY GOOD.

Haven't seen it and after watching Next Level, I will never buy any more of his videos.
Go hard or go home!

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2006, 07:21:53 PM »
Haven't seen it and after watching Next Level, I will never buy any more of his videos.
CHECK IT OUT, BRO

http://muscleweb.com/johnnie/
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2006, 07:27:15 PM »
JJ needs to have his straight card removed.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2006, 09:39:22 PM »
I'm Canadian, and saw Kovacs back when Greg was still very young, very strong, and very big  (400 +  Lbs. in bodyweight) .......highly doubt these two midgets claims......by the way all this hoopla over Branch... at best he is a very good "B" level bodybuilder.... no structure.....shallow rib cage.....dense but no shape to play with the big boys

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2006, 09:51:12 PM »
I'm Canadian, and saw Kovacs back when Greg was still very young, very strong, and very big  (400 +  Lbs. in bodyweight) .......highly doubt these two midgets claims......by the way all this hoopla over Branch... at best he is a very good "B" level bodybuilder.... no structure.....shallow rib cage.....dense but no shape to play with the big boys
I HAVENT HEARD OF MANY "B" LEVEL BODYBUILDERS WINNING 2 PRO SHOWS BACK TO BACK.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2006, 09:57:15 PM »
Yaah, because about 7 of the "A" level bodies didnt show up.....Darrem Charles has one pro shows too....would you consider him among the Colemans, Cutlers, Cormiers etc? Wake up

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2006, 10:02:43 PM »
Yaah, because about 7 of the "A" level bodies didnt show up.....Darrem Charles has one pro shows too....would you consider him among the Colemans, Cutlers, Cormiers etc? Wake up
BRANCH WARREN WITH ABOTHER 15-20LBS OF MUSCLE WILL BE A SERIOUS THREAT, THE GUY LOOKS FUCKING SICK.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2006, 10:07:14 PM »

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »
It's going way back, but an old issue of Muscle & Power (now M&F) claimed the Tim Belknap squated 865 X 10. We had the article taped to the gym wall for years. LOL. I'm sure Belknap was strong & he had lots of muscle but 865 X 10 might be a bit much.
a

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2006, 10:10:43 PM »
It's going way back, but an old issue of Muscle & Power (now M&F) claimed the Tim Belknap squated 865 X 10. We had the article taped to the gym wall for years. LOL. I'm sure Belknap was strong & he had lots of muscle but 865 X 10 might be a bit much.
SOUNDS LIKE BS TO ME.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2006, 10:14:12 PM »
with all today's technology, why can't an athlete get onstage this ripped?  Is it just the lighting that prevents guys form looking this ripped onstage?  I'm sure a few warmup sets and a few niacin could get them there, right?  He puts Munzer to shame in this pic

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2006, 10:15:52 PM »
with all today's technology, why can't an athlete get onstage this ripped?  Is it just the lighting that prevents guys form looking this ripped onstage?  I'm sure a few warmup sets and a few niacin could get them there, right?  He pouts Munzer to shame in this pic
WHAT PIC?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2006, 10:16:30 PM »

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2006, 10:19:18 PM »
sorry

Branch looks excellent on paper. When you meet him in person you kinda trip out. He's is actually very small.

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2006, 04:58:56 AM »
I wouldn't call being in the top ten of the world  and winner of two contests in his second ( or third?) year as a pro a "B Level" bodybuilder.
Go hard or go home!

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »
Side job
I am a mini beast

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2006, 05:11:06 AM »
I wouldn't call being in the top ten of the world  and winner of two contests in his second ( or third?) year as a pro a "B Level" bodybuilder.

How is he not? Winning a couple of second tier events is nice but hardly puts him in Coleman's class, or even Cutler or Jackson's.

While I fully realise BB shows have nothing to do with strength and it's largely irrelevant how much you can press/squat/DL on the day, I think BB could potentially add some life into what is increasingly a tedious year by having an alternative 'strength Olympia' (or something) just for the IFBB pros. You could have a couple of meets earlier in the year where you'd qualify, and then the ten or so strongest guys in the final.

It would end all this bullshit about who can lift what. OK, this isn't powerlifting, but I bet if someone put up a $100,000 winner-takes-all prize, you'd get interest, and I'm sure the second-tier guys like Warren and Johnny Jackson would be up for it. Whether Ronnie would bother, or anyone else concerned about injuries etc, is a different story. But these guys lift heavy all the time during their workouts - or at least, that's what we're told - I'm not sure there's much of a difference.

Coleman vs Johnny Jackson in the final? Could be fun. My money's on Ronnie.
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »
How is he not? Winning a couple of second tier events is nice but hardly puts him in Coleman's class, or even Cutler or Jackson's.

OF COURSE NOT, BOT ONCE HE PUTS ON SOME MORE MASS HE WILL BE A SERIOUS THREAT.  YOU CANT GO FROM ZERO TO MR OLYMPIA IN NO SECONDS, GIVE HIM TIME, BRANCH IS ONLY 29.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2006, 08:38:58 AM »
sorry

YEAH, THAT'S A SICK PIC, I SCANNED IT FROM MD.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2006, 09:30:23 AM »
its stupid to think that when dieted down, everyones strength is reduced by the same percentage. Obviously some are going to remain very strong, its their genetics. Jay Cutler seems weak as hell in contest condition, but ronnie is still up there with world class numbers. Come the offseason however everything changes.

Ruhl claims a 545 smith machine military press i believe, what do you think of that? Tom Prince was noted for being able to do 455 for 3-4 reps on the military press. Everyone is different. Now IMO the claims are pure bullshit from Branch, though i hear he is actually as strong as a bull but not as strong as Johnny.

As for the 1000 deadlift, its just my opinion but i think the only man that ever had a chance of breaking it was Mark Henry. He is the strongest man on earth without a doubt, and if he trained for it then nobody would come close to him. But now he has been given his big push in the WWE i doubt we will ever see him in strength competitions ever again.  Bill kazmaier stated that Henry was only at 80% of his best and was still the strongest man in the world. If that is true, thats some very scary shit!

no.  the strongest man in the world is gary frank.  he's closing in on 1000 lbs. dl but magnus benedick has like a 970.  frank will be the first man to break the 3000 barrier while mark henry dreams of even breaking the 2500 barrier.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

21Guns

• Getbig II
  • Only the strong surive
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2006, 09:42:30 AM »
No man can military 405 for 20 reps,not possible.Ronnie did 405 for one and thats un heard of.Bill Kaz the strongest man to ever live did 420 for 1 in his prime.I m sure branch is strong but 405 for 20,don't insult my intelligence.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2006, 09:43:43 AM »
No man can military 405 for 20 reps,not possible.Ronnie did 405 for one and thats un heard of.Bill Kaz the strongest man to ever live did 420 for 1 in his prime.I m sure branch is strong but 405 for 20,don't insult my intelligence.
A POLICE OFFICER AT THE ARBOLD CLASSIC A FEW YEARS BACK DID 50 REPS WITH 150LB DUMBELLS, SO I THINK 405 BY 20 IS POSSIBLE.

21Guns

• Getbig II
  • Only the strong surive
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2006, 10:15:13 AM »
I was at the Arnold and saw what your talking about.It was a 110lb dumbell,and he did 22 reps,he was a cop from NY.The year before that he tried to get the world record for reps with 405 in the bench,he did 21 reps,the wr was 23,and thats flat bench not military.405 for 20 in mill is not possible

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2006, 10:41:28 AM »
JJ needs to have his straight card removed.

I doubt that fag was ever issued one. Gay as the day is long.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2006, 10:01:10 PM »
Goddamn. He's only 29 and he looks 45.  :-\
"Shut the F up and train"