Author Topic: List of pro wrestler's bench presses  (Read 96182 times)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Re: List of pro wrestler's bench presses
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »
Once I was observing benching of Don Muraco (The Rock) & Josip Peruzovich (Nikolai Volkof) in Dovey's gym (Sydney) it was massive,
Hussein Vaziri (Iron Sheik)was just seating.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2013, 02:36:40 AM »
Once I was observing benching of Don Muraco (The Rock) & Josip Peruzovich (Nikolai Volkof) in Dovey's gym (Sydney) it was massive,
Hussein Vaziri (Iron Sheik)was just seating.

Sheik wasn't one for gym training in his pro-wrestling years, but he was in decent shape and could swing a set of Persian clubs as well as anybody.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2013, 03:12:16 AM »

The best I ever did was 395 for one struggling rep....now I just do 225 for reps, sometimes less as I practically have no joints anymore.  I concentrate more on circuit training and aerobics to stay fit.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2013, 09:59:51 AM »
Most good bench pressers are fat asses with short arms.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2013, 02:38:56 PM »
Steve Disalvo - Strangler Steve - Steve Strong.

a good friend of mine who is not on the list, but probably one of the strongest benchers of a pro wrestlers ever.    started his weightlifting career together with bill Kazmeir and Jeff Everson in Wisconsin.

I asked him what his best bench was and he said 606.  I said there is a video of him benching 635. he said 'That was in the gym. not a competition. I didn't even pause that'. pretty damn honest to downplay it. that's how he was, hated talking about himself at the best of times.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2013, 02:58:04 PM »
Bill Zaz wasn't even a pro wrestler, not really fair to count him on the list imo.

I remember someone on here mentioning they saw Lex Lugar putting up 315 for 15 reps perfect form. Not huge strong but not bad for taller guy as lean as he was.

Certainly deserves more mention than HHH  :D

Not sure how strong he was but I remember seeing Buff Bagwell in person when he was using heavy and guy actually looked good and barrel chest.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »
Most good bench pressers are fat asses with short arms.

not all   8)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »
Also did 725 at a Mr. O contest....

They took that lift away from Ted for not fully locking out.  I trained with him some when I competed and his bone spurs were so bad he could not lock out.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2013, 06:58:25 AM »
Steve Blackmen - big and lean, but never saw him train very heavy. when i was 20 he spotted me on a 350lb. attempt. the rep took me about 35 seconds and his hands never came off his hips. i think the only reason i made it was i thought i would die before he woulda helped. when i racked it, he looked totally unimpressed, and said 'i'd say thats about your max'.  lol

Haha, this is great :D

not all   8)

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2013, 08:13:41 AM »
I would have paid to watch a workout seminar put on by the Road Warriors. Obviously what they were doing was working both for looks and function. They have a netflix bio thats about 2 hours long. Worth the watch.  Read Animals' wikipedia page. Even his son, apparently, is a physical bad ass.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2013, 10:17:15 AM »
Bill Zaz wasn't even a pro wrestler, not really fair to count him on the list imo.

I remember someone on here mentioning they saw Lex Lugar putting up 315 for 15 reps perfect form. Not huge strong but not bad for taller guy as lean as he was.

Certainly deserves more mention than HHH  :D

Not sure how strong he was but I remember seeing Buff Bagwell in person when he was using heavy and guy actually looked good and barrel chest.

I trained with Lex Lugar when he was Larry Phol. He and Chris Duffy were training partners, he used to do 315 for 8-10 reps at the time. He was in his early 20's and was getting ready to play for the CFL!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »
I trained with Lex Lugar when he was Larry Phol. He and Chris Duffy were training partners, he used to do 315 for 8-10 reps at the time. He was in his early 20's and was getting ready to play for the CFL!

did he always have a bad temper?  he was freaking out in the gym one time because he couldn't get a pin out of a back machine. he screamed fuuukkkk as loud as he could and was pissed right off. I said hang on, here, and turned the pin and handed it to him.  Macho Man and a couple other guys laughed their asses off.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2013, 11:25:15 AM »
I believe both R/R Animal and Jim the Anvil Neidhardt were as strong as their claims.

Neidhart had a huge power clean (I can't recall the amount) and could "hip-toss" guys across the ring with a great deal of momentum back in the early 1980's in Mid-South Wrestling.  He had some legit throwing records as well, I believe.

Animal was one of the stongest wrestlers I'd ever seen.  While I realize that pressing a wrestler overhead is assisted by the guy being lifted, Animal used to do reps, and a without knee-bend or momentum.  He'd do it like a strict military press on purpose to show his strength.  

At the same time, bench claims are bound to be over-stated, just based on the fact that everybody else is adding over 50 lbs more, except for the competitive powerlifters like Arcidi, Furnas and Kaz.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
Ive seen a guy 230lbs bench 530, so whats so hard in believing 320lb Hulk Hogan benching 550?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »
Disalvo   bench  apf senior nationals - 606   gym  635.  don't think he ever even tried on any type of bench shirt

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »
did he always have a bad temper?  he was freaking out in the gym one time because he couldn't get a pin out of a back machine. he screamed fuuukkkk as loud as he could and was pissed right off. I said hang on, here, and turned the pin and handed it to him.  Macho Man and a couple other guys laughed their asses off.
He was pretty quiet didn't talk a lot, never saw him freak out or anything. I used to sometimes work in with him and Chris if we were all doing the same body parts.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
Disalvo   bench  apf senior nationals - 606   gym  635.  don't think he ever even tried on any type of bench shirt
How much did Dilsalvo weigh?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 11:44:55 AM »
How much did Dilsalvo weigh?

in that pic about 290.    about 6'1.   later on he put on a lotta bad weight

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
Wasn't Simmons so good they retired his number? Powerhouse, you dont look the way he did by training every once in a while.

Simmons was one of those guys who was a true monster in college but just couldn't cut it in the NFL.

No shame in his game.
~

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
One thing... I have seen Chyna do 315 at a gym I went to when her and HHH were in town and dating. She can definitely do more than 310... I saw her do 315 at least 3 times.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2013, 03:57:39 PM »

was a good athlete, shame what happened to him... but some would disagree.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2013, 03:27:04 AM »
They took that lift away from Ted for not fully locking out.  I trained with him some when I competed and his bone spurs were so bad he could not lock out.

Yes, I remember that. I hang with Ted, going to lunch again on FRI actually...

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2013, 03:30:30 AM »
Ive also heard that Warlord was an absolute beast in the gym...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2013, 04:58:48 AM »
Warlord lives in Pompano Beach in South Florida, and trained at a gym called Athletic Factor! Still may train there!

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »
Id like to see what stack these guys are on.