Author Topic: Can't stand FB anymore...  (Read 8709 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Can't stand FB anymore...
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
Everyone in the family knows I am (both sides) and I regularly see his parents/take my kids to see their great-grandparents, so it's not something I was ever interested in doing. The guy even signed my birth certificate, signed my baptism certificate 18 months later etc so there's no doubt in my mind.

However - I heard through family members about 1 year back, that his wife (who is a complete she-devil) spread a rumour that they contacted me several times for a DNA test but I wouldn't comply, simply to deflect the guilt etc onto me. When I heard that I went straight to his parents (as in, within 1 hour of reading that shit) and said to them "Do the test, get it arranged and i'll pay for costs etc"

Silence for a year since..........BOOM - someone is a lying bitch it seems  ;D

FFS we look so much alike, if I sprayed my hair grey I could probably bang his wife without her realising  ;D
The last sentence. Do it, it's Halloween, say that you coming as your father's doppelgäguy.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »
Bitchtrips

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
Are you a doctor so in need of a phone all the time?

No, but I do have family that I would need to get in touch with in case of emergency. I also have friends, which is only made possible by keeping in touch with them via phone. Apparently, you have no friends so you don't need to worry about it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2013, 02:44:56 PM »
No, but I do have family that I would need to get in touch with in case of emergency. I also have friends, which is only made possible by keeping in touch with them via phone. Apparently, you have no friends so you don't need to worry about it.

I do but don't need a smartphone.  I pay $10 a month for my phone and get a lot of use out of it.  I have two Ipads at home, one is a gift and one is a prize I won and I barely use them.  I don't have any pressing needs to be texting or calling people all the time.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2013, 03:04:30 PM »
 :-\

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
It's pretty stupid but I've subscribed to a few political news sites and the daily 'like' session is a pain in the ass.
Every now and then it's nice to chat with some folks and great distance people. I also love how some people are portraying themselves on there - hilarious.

this on its own is quality entertainment. 

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »
Business page, sponsored ads, target marketing, etc

Of those three, which brings you the most business?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »
Of those three, which brings you the most business?
His gloryhole package.  You get a free Muscle Milk afterwords too.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:17 PM »
never had a FB page, never had a smartphone, no longer have cable tv, don't play video games, phone number isn't listed, drive an old truck that's fully paid for, my jeans cost $25 not $250 and I wanna move further away from the city.....gettin on board the Ron Swanson train LOL.

Right on MoS.  That is me as well except I can't give up the video games.

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2013, 08:31:33 AM »
Deleted mine last week. It has become so cringey, everyone trying to portray themselves as something special with great lives.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2013, 08:41:58 AM »
Are you sure bro? You will miss out on destitute single mothers posting inspirational quotes, alongside a selfie of their ass  ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2013, 05:05:05 PM »
Deleted mine last week. It has become so cringey, everyone trying to portray themselves as something special with great lives.
haha

i dont have facebook but my girlfriend does

sometimes i look at what she's doing and yes lol

this is what facebook is all about, keeping up appearances

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2013, 05:36:08 PM »
His gloryhole package.  You get a free Muscle Milk afterwords too.

Those banana Muscle Milk are amazing. I could drink gallons of that shit a day.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2013, 05:38:04 PM »
Those banana Muscle Milk are amazing. I could drink gallons of that shit a day.

lol

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2013, 05:40:06 PM »
lol

I am being serious. That stuff is so damn good. It just gets expensive.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Why do people think facebook is the only way to keep in touch with others?  Once you join you will enter the land of gimmicks galore.  There are so many bots on that site it is gross.

Well for me I have family that live in several different countries. It is easier for all of us to communicate through Facebook...especially with our personal lives e.g seeing pics of our kids and stuff.
A

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »
You can't stand FB "anymore" ?

Outed

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »
You can't stand FB "anymore" ?

Outed

hahaha

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2013, 08:27:09 AM »
He left when I was maybe 2 years old, but unfortunately he lives in the same town so we have accidentaly bumped into one another on a few occasions - which is very awkward as he denies flat out that I am his son.

Not trying to get sympathy here, it is what it is I suppose.

What makes is worse is the guy has an MBE from the Queen ffs, and is a VERY respected member of the community. His reputation relies on me being nice about things (if you know what I mean).
wow just wow. What about moving? its seriously weird both of you stay in the same town, on purpose?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2013, 08:29:01 AM »
Sorry to hear that, I remember you posted about that a while back. A part of me knows I have to confront the guy face to face, while I still can.

Yep, i confronted my own father who abandonned us when i was 6. Was tough, but i learned what he did wrong to not repeat it myself. He s ending his life lonely, sad, full or remorse, regrets, frustrations and he knows i figured exactly what he did wrong and why.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »
I wouldn't bro.

The instant I found out he has wife and children, I knew then that I would never approach it in a way that would hurt those guys.

Bottom line is that my dad was like 21 years old when he made the decision to leave, so there was some growing up to do and we ALL make mistakes. It's the way he's been since then, that merits no excuse. But again, like you said - nothing vindictave is on my cards at all.
eeer...there are mistakes and mistakes. Abandonning wife and kid isnt a mistake, it's a sin. You re comparing apples and oranges there. Also it's pretty hard to hate on someone who shares your genes, you have his blood in your veins, you maybe think alike on some matters... most of the time we dont hurt our parents cause we dont want to hurt ourselves, not because we want to be "nice".

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »
the exact same attitude towards my father....he was a very young man when I was born.  Iit doesn't excuse him abandoning me for my entire life, i would die before I left my child... But I can see why it would happen. I feel for you..know EXACTLY how you feel.

I'm thinking maybe there is a genetic link to superior muscularity and not having a father in your life
well well well, look at this. So i was right all along. You just reproduced what your own father did to you.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2013, 08:36:03 AM »
I often get somethin like this, but the funny thing is that many of the 80 yr olds I know have a lot of tech gadgets, but they’re also retired and have made their money already.

I also get "HELLO!!  It's 2013!!"  Yep, I know the date.

Took me awhile to come to terms with it (and many…..MANY….will disagree with me), but smartphones, cable tv, video game systems, Ipads, Kindles, expensive cars, expensive clothing and all assorted tech gadgets are all luxury goods.  

Keep in mind, I'm not anti-tech....I love gadgets and tech.  Still, when considering smartphones, internet, cable, smartphone apps, Ipads apps, Ipod downloads, game rentals, gaming subscriptions most folks pay around $500-$800 a month and then wonder why they’re broke LOL.  

IMHO, that's beyond excessive, but if it's completely within your financial ability then have at it.  

For most people, it’s not even close to being within the scope of their financial ability…..it’s force fit into their budget as though it’s a necessity……LOL, it’s not.

I'm also completely aware how vital technology is to remain competitive in business, but my focus is about personal use.    

Yes, some folks will say, “But my smartphone is all I have.  It’s my phone, my computer, my tv, my stereo, etc….”   Fine, you pay $140/month for all that, it’s completely affordable for you and your done.  This is a small percentage of the population though……a tiny percentage.

My only point is that all our tech/gadgets used for personal stuff is non-necessity based.  And of course, someone will say, “Says the guy posting this comment on the internet via his laptop.”  Again, I’m not anti-tech, I’m against redefining luxury goods as necessities in a personal setting.  

So many times I’ve watched people pay for groceries via WIC assistance while fiddling on their smartphones.  Not long ago I watched one young mother attempt to pay for groceries via WIC.  All the while her husband and daughter waited and each was fiddling on their own smartphone.   In between breaks in conversation with the woman and clerk she would check her smartphone.  What’s wrong here?

there s shitty, programmed to fail, gadgets, and technological marvels, tools. Gameboy consoles, first model made in japan, are still working like many stuff produced in the 80s, and even 70,60,50s, cause at the time it was built to be tough and last long. Since then in order to sell more and more they have been building stuff that s programmed to fail. That's the problem. Im not against useful tools, im against useless gadgets you show off to get attention like a fucking kid, and im against stuff noone needs as long has he has common sense.
I own two cooey m60 bolt action rifles one made in the 40s and the other in the 50s. They still work just like new.
Nowadays they all have what it takes to build useful tools that could last long, but they willingly limit their lifespan, thats why i dont buy anything anymore. Also everything that has a battery -powertools etc- i skip, i get stuff with an electrical cable instead. Again it's just common sense, doing a little research before buying, and settling with older, stronger models who dont have the limitations and do the job just as good.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
Well for me I have family that live in several different countries. It is easier for all of us to communicate through Facebook...especially with our personal lives e.g seeing pics of our kids and stuff.
facebook is great for that.  I have alot of cousins in finland and before facebook got so popular i had not seen or talked to them the last 15 years because my finnish skills suck.

But the biggest reason i have fb is for hooking up with chicks. Like this girl im talking to now and she is going to come over next week for a movie. 8 years ago i fucked her a cojple of times and we lost contact but i have always after that wanted to fuck her again cause she was so good and stunning to. Shes one of those that are a league above the rest
. 3months ago i found her on fb and we started to talk.. i have hooked up with allot  of chicks thanks to facebook

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2013, 08:44:41 AM »
there s shitty, programmed to fail, gadgets, and technological marvels, tools. Gameboy consoles, first model made in japan, are still working like many stuff produced in the 80s, and even 70,60,50s, cause at the time it was built to be tough and last long. Since then in order to sell more and more they have been building stuff that s programmed to fail. That's the problem. Im not against useful tools, im against useless gadgets you show off to get attention like a fucking kid, and im against stuff noone needs as long has he has common sense.
I own two cooey m60 bolt action rifles one made in the 40s and the other in the 50s. They still work just like new.
Nowadays they all have what it takes to build useful tools that could last long, but they willingly limit their lifespan, thats why i dont buy anything anymore. Also everything that has a battery -powertools etc- i skip, i get stuff with an electrical cable instead. Again it's just common sense, doing a little research before buying, and settling with older, stronger models who dont have the limitations and do the job just as good.
The new 18+v lith ion industrial power tools are great.

Ive had great experiences with Milwaukee stuff.