Author Topic: Obama orders government to prepare for impact of global warming executive order  (Read 13169 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
i usually wait until someone else does it. 

somehow, coach added a 'michelle obama visited terrorists' into a thread about the colorado shooter.

so i realized it was becoming a political thread.  there were a few others, but usually i take my political intro cue from coach.  he wanted to invent 'will michelle obama visit terrorist, like she did according to saudi conspiracy theorists?', which is rather unreasonable.  however, IMHO, trump and other repubs being SILENT on a shooting/hostate shooting on US soil, while they were screaming and ranting when it was frenchies being shot... THAT is relevant.  IMO, they don't want to piss off the sick religious base that actually grins a little when abortion doctors get shot.  no other explaination for silence as americans are murdered by religious zealots, but outraged when frenchmen are murdered by religious zealots.
Explanatory meltdown.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
So its global warming...except NASA says its global cooling: http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/622043/GLOBAL-WARMING-NASA-Antarctic-COOLING-six-years-Arctic-north-pole-climate-change

weird.

The site posts articles with titles like " global warming is fake!". I do find it funny that people use shit like this, thinking it is proving their point, when in fact it is the exact opposite. Tell me, is there a crucial difference between the artic and antarctic, that could explain this? is there a major fucking difference?

If it's taking you a while to come up with this crucial difference you likely are not all that informed.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Global Warming,  Right coach ?  ::)

can't wait for first ever category 6 hurricane in the new couple years to emerge from the warming tropical waters

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
The globe IS warming, this isn't an argument.  The debate is whether it's man made or not.  I read that over 50% of green house gasses come from animal agriculture.  Perhaps concerned bodybuilders should go vegan.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

can't wait for first ever category 6 hurricane in the new couple years to emerge from the warming tropical waters

It's hurricane season.

Is "global warming" also responsible for years of below average hurricane seasons?

Has there never been a powerful hurricane before, or something?

Nails

• Getbig V
No, this is the first ever cat5 at this strength ever recorded

its about the size of texas

It's hurricane season.

Is "global warming" also responsible for years of below average hurricane seasons?

Nails

• Getbig V
Here is Andrew which fucked all kinds of shit up in florida years ago  Vs. Irma

Nails

• Getbig V
Some pics of Florida after little Andrew

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement

I am not saying you have to be a bleeding heart, but I am sure you randomly dont litter or purposely try to destroy the environment. Everyone has their own social causes which stirs something up in them. The environment is not one of the social issues that is on my list, however I respect those that do want to protect the environment. Not only do we have to live in it, but our kids and their kids have to as well etc. Its incumbent upon us to at least respect the environment. I am not saying you have to be a tree hugger. But it doesnt seem like republicans even respect the environment  :-\ :-\

I litter daily,everything goes out the window.I see it as a way for the highway dept to earn their fucking pay,god damn lazy fucks.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
I litter daily,everything goes out the window.I see it as a way for the highway dept to earn their fucking pay,god damn lazy fucks.

Very black of you.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
It's hurricane season.

Dog the earth is in trouble, co2 has never risen this fast before, the earth can't keep up.

Global warming predicts more storms and stronger storms, more heat equals more energy to enhance storm strength. Anyone who doubts the impact we are having on the climate is retarded, the science is settled, it's us and it's accelerating.

This is why Obama said what he said, the country will be bankrupt trying to rebuild and move all these people. Food shortages from changing climates and growth alterations will soon begin.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
The globe IS warming, this isn't an argument.  The debate is whether it's man made or not.  I read that over 50% of green house gasses come from animal agriculture.  Perhaps concerned bodybuilders should go vegan.

They don't even use the term global warming anymore, because it's not supported by fact. Over 30,000 scientists dispute it.  Instead they've been using the term "climate change" as a means to convince the masses that they need to be taxed more.  Would we not expect the weather to have cyclical patterns?  This was occuring long before the first Model T.  CO2 is not the issue.  There are other things going on.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Dog the earth is in trouble, co2 has never risen this fast before, the earth can't keep up.

Global warming predicts more storms and stronger storms, more heat equals more energy to enhance storm strength. Anyone who doubts the impact we are having on the climate is retarded, the science is settled, it's us and it's accelerating.

This is why Obama said what he said, the country will be bankrupt trying to rebuild and move all these people. Food shortages from changing climates and growth alterations will soon begin.

So why didn't Hussein do anything about it?
K

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's hurricane season.

Very good points.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
They don't even use the term global warming anymore, because it's not supported by fact. Over 30,000 scientists dispute it.  Instead they've been using the term "climate change" as a means to convince the masses that they need to be taxed more.  Would we not expect the weather to have cyclical patterns?  This was occuring long before the first Model T.  CO2 is not the issue.  There are other things going on.

I agree that the earth probably has cycles of warming and cooling.  Even if it's man made there's not much the average joe can do anyways.  I suppose try not to dump oil down the drain or ride a bike when possible instead of driving.  But realistically society has been set up for us to be completely dependent on fossil fuels.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
So why didn't Hussein do anything about it?

who cares about obama, jesus, get a grip people are being effected by it and it will get worse.

Wake up, no one who has a brain cares about obama, trump etc

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Make no mistake, the money grabbing leftists love disasters like this and would LOVE to make these hurricanes about "Global Warming" so they can say "I told ya so" but since they're wrong about just about everything 99.5% of the time and tend to make shit up, they're actually going to politicize the shit out this and pretend they actually care what happens to people.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Make no mistake, the money grabbing leftists love disasters like this and would LOVE to make these hurricanes about "Global Warming" so they can say "I told ya so" but since they're wrong about just about everything 99.5% of the time and tend to make shit up, they're actually going to politicize the shit out this and pretend they actually care what happens to people.

Is it possible that global warming more specifically climate change as climate is more specific (the made the name more accurate, not less, points towards truth-ability) than global and change points out more than just warming, is real but people have jumped on the ship for profit?

Try not to take this as an attack but does it not seem like all the worlds science agencies would agree on a hoax? we are witnessing it in real time, the glaciers, the storms, the record heat recordings. Seriously this is where you live

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
A weather-savvy person will tell you that weather forecasts beyond the 3-day window are a waste of time. Yet, weather people aimlessly provide viewers/readers with 10-day forecasts. No one can predict Irma's exact path until a day out... even now, the forecasts show it's going to steer a little to the west of the FL peninsula (not exactly over Miami).

In essence, knowing how LITTLE is REALLY known about future weather forecasts, how little we understand the weather that is staring us in the face... why do scientists need to resort to asking people to make leaps of faith in their assessments of human's impact on the climate (the exact leaps of faith scientists ridicule religious folks for when trying to explain the existence of God). I tell you why: Because they KNOW they haven't a leg to stand on. They've lied for so long that it's impossible for them to make their true point, namely that global warming is real, but that humans may not have anything to do with it at all.

I'm not a scientist nor a meteorologist but... if the overwhelming evidence shows periods or warming and cooling taking place multiple times in past samples... why are we even discussing the fact that Little Jimmy's farts are causing Irma? Why?

Trilobite (marine) fossils from the were found atop Everest, which is over 29,000 feet... this is well before any human or any monkey walked on the face of the planet... What makes us think that we, an existential bag of farts that will eventually be phased out like many other species, have this grandiose effect on our climate?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
A weather-savvy person will tell you that weather forecasts beyond the 3-day window are a waste of time. Yet, weather people aimlessly provide viewers/readers with 10-day forecasts. No one can predict Irma's exact path until a day out... even now, the forecasts show it's going to steer a little to the west of the FL peninsula (not exactly over Miami).

In essence, knowing how LITTLE is REALLY known about future weather forecasts, how little we understand the weather that is staring us in the face... why do scientists need to resort to asking people to make leaps of faith in their assessments of human's impact on the climate (the exact leaps of faith scientists ridicule religious folks for when trying to explain the existence of God). I tell you why: Because they KNOW they haven't a leg to stand on. They've lied for so long that it's impossible for them to make their true point, namely that global warming is real, but that humans may not have anything to do with it at all.

I'm not a scientist nor a meteorologist but... if the overwhelming evidence shows periods or warming and cooling taking place multiple times in past samples... why are we even discussing the fact that Little Jimmy's farts are causing Irma? Why?

Trilobite (marine) fossils from the were found atop Everest, which is over 29,000 feet... this is well before any human or any monkey walked on the face of the planet... What makes us think that we, an existential bag of farts that will eventually be phased out like many other species, have this grandiose effect on our climate?

if you are not trolling and actually want to understand the scenario it's the speed of change which is the issue, not the change per se. No species has dominated the planet like us, you honestly can't believe we can't have a massive impact on the earth with the drilling, polluting, building we are doing can you?

The predictions are coming true that's how we know it's correct, they use computer models to map the data they have from all around the world, satellites, ice cores, oceanography and it's all in accord. You really think the weather is that mysterious to us? we have satellites floating around in space taking precision pictures of the earth, space ships that send remote controlled cars all over mars, instruments that detect gravitational waves from lightyears away.. it's not rocket science it's climate science much easier and the consensus from the world is in.

Sure people will try to profit that doesn't negate the facts, that's just shitty people. The only way to at least start to tackle the issue is to accept it, denial is causing stagnation and it's funny because it's the same issue you find fault in only the inverse, oil/gas want to delay any changes due to economic impacts.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
if you are not trolling and actually want to understand the scenario it's the speed of change which is the issue, not the change per se. No species has dominated the planet like us, you honestly can't believe we can't have a massive impact on the earth with the drilling, polluting, building we are doing can you?

The predictions are coming true that's how we know it's correct, they use computer models to map the data they have from all around the world, satellites, ice cores, oceanography and it's all in accord. You really think the weather is that mysterious to us? we have satellites floating around in space taking precision pictures of the earth, space ships that send remote controlled cars all over mars, instruments that detect gravitational waves from lightyears away.. it's not rocket science it's climate science much easier and the consensus from the world is in.

Sure people will try to profit that doesn't negate the facts, that's just shitty people. The only way to at least start to tackle the issue is to accept it, denial is causing stagnation and it's funny because it's the same issue you find fault in only the inverse, oil/gas want to delay any changes due to economic impacts.

the fact that you think climate science is less complicated than rocket science says it all really

Necrosis

• Getbig V

the fact that you think climate science is less complicated than rocket science says it all really

It's a manner of speech for one, two, of course it is if we are literally comparing the two.

each degree rise in temp allows for 7% more water to be held in the atmosphere.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
if you are not trolling and actually want to understand the scenario it's the speed of change which is the issue, not the change per se.

And this is exactly where I want you. As you may already know, one of the pillars of climate change is what are commonly known as "return periods," which are nothing more than the time elapse between the same event occurring twice or more. So, for example, a 3+ inches of snow even in Miami may have a 500 year return period or a 90+ day dry spell on top of Mt. Waialeale may have a 250 year return period. In essence, all climatic events have a return period. Since there's, arguably, about 50 years of reliable weather data... has anyone ever wondered how it is that a scientist allocates a 100, 200 or 300 return period to a climatic event if they only have 50 years of reliable weather data? I tell you how: THEY MAKE IT UP! Yes! They make shit up. In reality, they do not know, they haven't a clue. What has been happening though is that the data that is now coming in is providing climatologists a clearer window on the frequency of weather events, and one of the unintended consequences of the newly collected data is the perception that the return periods are getting shorter and shorter. Bullshit. The issue has been the staring point all along, and I don't see many scientists publicly stating that they were wrong. In fact, they will never admit to any wrongdoing because doing so would bring the man-made global warming house of cards in a heart beat.

No species has dominated the planet like us, you honestly can't believe we can't have a massive impact on the earth with the drilling, polluting, building we are doing can you?

No, I don't. Take for example 10,000 years ago: Britain was completely covered in an ice sheet then, in a blink of an eye the ice started melting and folks from other parts of Europe started moving in. This was way before the fossil fuel era began. That's 11,180 years prior to any human burning anything other than trees or dry moss.

Ok then. What is the weather going to be like in Manhattan on 10/15/17?

As someone who has owned and operated various personal weather stations (PWS) throughout his life and has had to deal with miscalibrated PWS all these years, I am a little skeptical, to say the least. I had one weather station that regularly recorded temperatures 5-10 degrees lower than a station up the hill. I used to exchange the data with the guy that monitored the station up the hill and we both had the data from both stations posted on Weatherunderground.com. I was even interviewed by a bunch of students from the local junior high about the discrepancy... I told then I had no idea what was causing the disparity but that my hunch was that cooler air was accumulating at the bottom of the valley and hence the lower temperature readings from my station. Fast forward 10 years and I find out, after buying a second station, that the original station was miscalibrated. 10-15 years worth of data down the drain.

El Azizia had the highest recorded temperature in the world for 90 years before it was deemed invalid by the WMO.

Tread lightly my friend.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
It's a manner of speech for one, two, of course it is if we are literally comparing the two.

each degree rise in temp allows for 7% more water to be held in the atmosphere.

so you do actually think that rocket science is more complex than climate science!  ???

by the end of the 70s there had already been dosens of successful rocket launches. Meanwhile during the 70s scientists believed the earth was cooling and an ice age was imminent. fast forward just 40 years and they're now saying the complete opposite

there are so many variables and interactions between variables that influence the climate and the earth's ecosystem in general that we still have virtually no understanding of. we don't even understand what leads to the earth cyclically transitioning between glacial and inter-glacial periods. yet we are supposed to believe that scientists have now mastered climate science and know what we need to do to manipulate the earth's future climate.

it's no more ridiculous than thinking a rain dance will bring rain