Author Topic: Bodybuilding: Sig Sauer M400 designed for a King.  (Read 8180 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: benchmstr need your help one last time...
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:09 PM »
I'm not big on eotechs..to me the retical is too busy, battery life is too short and I've had them go down on me during a time when I really really needed it. I know DEVGRU uses them with great success, but those are the new damn near $700 optic..for that money I'm running an aimpoint T1

I use aimpoints when it comes to red dots...if I were you I would just order an aimpoint PRO and be done with it

Check out travis Haley's YouTube video on combat zeros before you are set on 100 yards..I do 36meters on all my dot rifles

Bench

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 10:41:07 PM »
Bench you service or just gun guy ? Not starting shit just curious

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 10:41:27 PM »
Love the M14. I have been slowly accumulating parts for an eventual build for like 5 years. So many guns to build, so little time...
I was issued an m14 ebr once...so naturally I hate the damn thing  ;D

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 10:45:01 PM »
Bench you service or just gun guy ? Not starting shit just curious
PMC, and LEO

Bench

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »
Well don't taze me vro , what all are you issued , AR? Pistol

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 10:56:21 PM »
Well don't taze me vro , what all are you issued , AR? Pistol
When in combat? Same old shit

When in the states? I don't carry anything issued. I build my own AR's and bolt guns..I usually run an 11.5" sbr with an ops inc m4-m suppressor. I used to have all my sbr's in 10.5 but there are so many advantages to that extra inch of barrel.

Bench

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »
Are you on a police force? And they allow you to use what you want ...... I've been wanting a shorty as well , I have a travel rifle but its full size I need a shorty for when I'm working near the boarder

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »
I'm not big on eotechs..to me the retical is too busy, battery life is too short and I've had them go down on me during a time when I really really needed it. I know DEVGRU uses them with great success, but those are the new damn near $700 optic..for that money I'm running an aimpoint T1

I use aimpoints when it comes to red dots...if I were you I would just order an aimpoint PRO and be done with it

Check out travis Haley's YouTube video on combat zeros before you are set on 100 yards..I do 36meters on all my dot rifles

Bench

You do not mention what model scope, or, types of ammo you are trying to use. Nor do you mention what you bought this rifle for - varmint shooting? Plinking? Home Defense? Or to just look good on the wall? You should have told us what "zero point seems to change allot" is - we have no idea if .16" is allot to you or 16" is allot to you.

I do NRA Highpower rifle competition with my AR-15. This is 200, 300 and 600 yard competition with open sights - no scope.

The idea of zeroing in an AR at 25 or 50 yards is great if you are using this as a home protection rifle.

Generally speaking, a rifle is normally pointed slightly upwards to counter gravity when aimed at 200 to 1,000 yards. At 25 to 50 yards the upward angle is so slight as to be non existant - this means when you are sighted in at 25 you are gonna get a drop at 50 and a bad drop at 100 - and unmanagable drops beyond 100.

Most people will sight a rifle in at 200 yards - this makes it 3" high at 100 yards and 3" low at 300 yards for 98% of all rifles. (Keep this fact in mind for the rest of your life)

Likewise - when you sight in at 50 yards - you can expect it to be 3/4 inch high at 25 yards and 1.75" low at 100........ but at 200 you will see minus 8 inches and it is off the charts beyond that.

My recommendation. Sight your rifle in so it hits 3" high at 100. This puts it close to on target at 200 and 3" low at 300. It will also put it 2" high at 50 and 1" high at 25 - plenty close enough for government work at close range. But - these figures are for 62gr military ammo - yours will vary a tad if you use other ammo.

What's ur take on this?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »

You do not mention what model scope, or, types of ammo you are trying to use. Nor do you mention what you bought this rifle for - varmint shooting? Plinking? Home Defense? Or to just look good on the wall? You should have told us what "zero point seems to change allot" is - we have no idea if .16" is allot to you or 16" is allot to you.

I do NRA Highpower rifle competition with my AR-15. This is 200, 300 and 600 yard competition with open sights - no scope.

The idea of zeroing in an AR at 25 or 50 yards is great if you are using this as a home protection rifle.

Generally speaking, a rifle is normally pointed slightly upwards to counter gravity when aimed at 200 to 1,000 yards. At 25 to 50 yards the upward angle is so slight as to be non existant - this means when you are sighted in at 25 you are gonna get a drop at 50 and a bad drop at 100 - and unmanagable drops beyond 100.

Most people will sight a rifle in at 200 yards - this makes it 3" high at 100 yards and 3" low at 300 yards for 98% of all rifles. (Keep this fact in mind for the rest of your life)

Likewise - when you sight in at 50 yards - you can expect it to be 3/4 inch high at 25 yards and 1.75" low at 100........ but at 200 you will see minus 8 inches and it is off the charts beyond that.

My recommendation. Sight your rifle in so it hits 3" high at 100. This puts it close to on target at 200 and 3" low at 300. It will also put it 2" high at 50 and 1" high at 25 - plenty close enough for government work at close range. But - these figures are for 62gr military ammo - yours will vary a tad if you use other ammo.

What's ur take on this?

Think you quoted the wrong dude..but solid post

Bench

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 11:12:04 PM »
Think you quoted the wrong dude..but solid post

Bench

Sorry for that, I've read a lot and 50 seems to be the favorite for most for a range of 200 and less

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 11:26:39 PM »
Sorry for that, I've read a lot and 50 seems to be the favorite for most for a range of 200 and less
I used to use a 50 yard zero for my dot sight rifles...but found my effective groups were smaller throughout 10-400 yards with a 36 yard(said meter earlier) zero

With any 308 and below caliber rifle I use 100 yard zero as long as I'm running a magnified optic

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 11:27:57 PM »
Before any of it sounds weird just know what I'm using is the standard marine zero

Bench

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 03:19:53 AM »
The compensation is strong in this thread

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 03:58:51 AM »
When in combat? Same old shit

When in the states? I don't carry anything issued. I build my own AR's and bolt guns..I usually run an 11.5" sbr with an ops inc m4-m suppressor. I used to have all my sbr's in 10.5 but there are so many advantages to that extra inch of barrel.

Bench

Your department lets you use your own builds on the job? Are you the armorer?

Don't know much about that Ops can. Do you like it? I mostly run SWR stuff, but that's because I am a good friend of one of the former owners and he and I used to test his designs.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2013, 08:11:25 AM »
Your department lets you use your own builds on the job? Are you the armorer?

Don't know much about that Ops can. Do you like it? I mostly run SWR stuff, but that's because I am a good friend of one of the former owners and he and I used to test his designs.
Most agencies in Texas let you carry your own stuff.

I love ops inc cans. I've used them for a while now. It's a reflex can so it fits back over the barrel. The M4-M I use adds less than 4" to the barrel. I really like swr too I just got the specwar 556 and really like it. I wanted the 762 but that damn thing is 9" long..that was the only reason I didn't pick it up

On my precision rifles 308 and bigger I only use thunderbeast suppressors..nobody, and I mean nobody can match the accuracy and repeatability of the thunderbeast cans

And I just sent an aac n6 back....for the 4th damn time! No matter what they do it just wobbles on the mount! Every aac suppressor I've owned has done this..and yes, it the 51tooth..stay away from aac

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
The compensation is strong in this thread
It took you this long to use that line on a bodybuilding site?  ;D

Bench

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 08:20:27 AM »

What's ur take on this?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

BTW Scope wise, I love my ACOG but they are pricy. Before the ACOG I had one of these -

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-3-12x44mm-swat-ie-ao-mildot-ez-tap-water-proof-riflescope.html

and put some 45 degree BUIS on as well. Great for quick target acquisition. Lots of 3 Gun Comp guys use them

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »
Most agencies in Texas let you carry your own stuff.

I love ops inc cans. I've used them for a while now. It's a reflex can so it fits back over the barrel. The M4-M I use adds less than 4" to the barrel. I really like swr too I just got the specwar 556 and really like it. I wanted the 762 but that damn thing is 9" long..that was the only reason I didn't pick it up

On my precision rifles 308 and bigger I only use thunderbeast suppressors..nobody, and I mean nobody can match the accuracy and repeatability of the thunderbeast cans

And I just sent an aac n6 back....for the 4th damn time! No matter what they do it just wobbles on the mount! Every aac suppressor I've owned has done this..and yes, it the 51tooth..stay away from aac

Bench

Are you Form 4 with this C3 stuff or are you buying on your badge for the dept? 07SOT?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
Are you Form 4 with this C3 stuff or are you buying on your badge for the dept? 07SOT?
All my stuff is form 1 and form 4...and I use a trust

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2013, 09:33:59 AM »
Took the words right out of my mouth.

BTW Scope wise, I love my ACOG but they are pricy. Before the ACOG I had one of these -

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-3-12x44mm-swat-ie-ao-mildot-ez-tap-water-proof-riflescope.html

and put some 45 degree BUIS on as well. Great for quick target acquisition. Lots of 3 Gun Comp guys use them
I always use 45 degree BUIS even on red dot guns..cause if my optic goes down its a lot easier to cant the rifle than flip the BUIS...on my full length m4's I usually ran a Swarovski 1-6 N6i..it's pricey..but I like it..I think there are better options now though

Bench

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »
All my stuff is form 1 and form 4...and I use a trust

Bench

LOL, we all use a trust now. Of course, that is about to change with the new rules that Obama is putting into place involving transfers.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »
Picked up the SIG M400 yesterday. Really wanted a gas operated AR upper so seemed like a decent deal for under 1k. Came with a Magpull Mbus, which doesn't have any vertical adjustments. Can hit shit at 100 yards unless I drop the front iron sight until it's out of scope literally. Planning on putting a Hawk red dot on tomorrow, wondering if there's a high scope mount you would recommend. Thanks Chief.

another thread that's a blatant and brutal attempt at sounding tough and manly. You always do the same shit,  last time it was your shitty humvee, your shitty rifle... Just like spermastase you keep running in circle doing the same attention whoring crap every year it's sad. Next to follow; an owning, a gay ass dramatic departure and ..comeback a year later. We all know you re a weak minded, insecure, fat lonely nerdy weirdo , stop pretending. You can get as fat/big as you want , buy and post as many pictures of guns you want, we still know you re a mental midget.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 12:14:38 PM »

What's ur take on this?

that's because he s a clown who has no idea what he s talking about, just like bobert ziurolo he buys guns to show then off once in a while and to -unsuccessfully- cure his insecurity the best he can. He probably spends more time looking at them than shooting them.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »
my next buy...I will call "the mistress" cause she is soooo damn sexy.

http://para-usa.com/2013/firearms/tactical/recon.php ...but in full stainless