Author Topic: Dealing with depression  (Read 38650 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Dealing with depression
« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2013, 05:40:15 PM »
If anything, I sleep too much. I average 9 or 10 hours a night. Sleeping a lot is also a sign of depression. Unlike some folks, I have no trouble getting to sleep most of the time and once asleep, I sleep through the night.
in fact both sleeping too much and not sleeping enough are linked to depressive states... Fact is you should just sleep the same amount of sleep every night and do the same daily routine every single day.

epic_alien

« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2013, 06:08:09 PM »
I feel like a old man having to tell you guys  to man the fuck up, get off your pussy ass cell phones, get off the video games, go outside and breathe air.  the future is what you decide it will be each and every moment you act during your day. you and only you can pull yourself into the future and become better at who or what you are.

fuck the pills, that only sends the message that you are not in control of your life and gave up.

on the other hand  test and other bbing drugs can help, but also stop being pussies and going off and worrying about your ugly matted hair falling out. just be a man and start living. no one give s a shit about your ugly hair, or how small and fat you are

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #302 on: November 26, 2013, 06:14:30 PM »
I feel like a old man having to tell you guys  to man the fuck up, get off your pussy ass cell phones, get off the video games, go outside and breathe air.  the future is what you decide it will be each and every moment you act during your day. you and only you can pull yourself into the future and become better at who or what you are.

fuck the pills, that only sends the message that you are not in control of your life and gave up.

on the other hand  test and other bbing drugs can help, but also stop being pussies and going off and worrying about your ugly matted hair falling out. just be a man and start living. no one give s a shit about your ugly hair, or how small and fat you are

this. well spoken chief of naval operations.
®

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: November 26, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
I've actually been feeling better with my new job. I'm working as a bouncer and get to interact with happy people which can be contagious. I'm not happy but I'm not sad so I'm keeping positive. The holidays should be good to me. 
A

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #304 on: November 26, 2013, 06:30:17 PM »
I've actually been feeling better with my new job. I'm working as a bouncer and get to interact with happy people which can be contagious. I'm not happy but I'm not sad so I'm keeping positive. The holidays should be good to me. 

Good to hear, bro.  Sorry to see this thread go off into pissing matches about who believes what, but at least there were some really good advices given.  I know 100% that accepting God into my heart and asking Him for help has helped me through the darkness.  I will never try to convince anyone to believe it if they do not.  I know in my heart what happened and why.  Anyways, good to hear you are feeling a little better and keep the faith that you will get better.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: November 26, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »
Good to hear, bro.  Sorry to see this thread go off into pissing matches about who believes what, but at least there were some really good advices given.  I know 100% that accepting God into my heart and asking Him for help has helped me through the darkness.  I will never try to convince anyone to believe it if they do not.  I know in my heart what happened and why.  Anyways, good to hear you are feeling a little better and keep the faith that you will get better.

Thanks. I'm glad I made this thread because there is a lot of good advice here and I also learned i'm not alone. The latter may seem ... well, like the sang goes about misery loving company but really it's good to know that I'm not alone and that if others can endure and manage I can too. Also, I was really surprised that the overwhelming majority of comments were helpful and positive. I guess this shows that getbig can rise above its reputation.

As for faith, well, I have been reading the bible more and there is inspiration and wisdom in that good book.

Thank you for your help and advice.

A

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #306 on: November 26, 2013, 06:43:25 PM »

former bouncer here. let me tell ya, the pay might be shit, but the stories you'll get and the friends you'll make more than counterbalance that. i don't miss being broke, but i do miss having half the town know my name and rarely paying for drinks on my nights off.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #307 on: November 26, 2013, 08:06:14 PM »
well we all know what we should do...do things that make us feel good, proud, loved... sport, creative endeavours, socializing, watch feel good movies, start new projects, build stuff...we would like to know better people, who would understand us better, we want to know people who wont hurt us like the people we already know etc

the problem is all these things we can do nothing about and that we know will slowly kill us nonetheless. Mostly the problem is...other people.

This...and end this thread.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #308 on: November 26, 2013, 08:35:45 PM »
former bouncer here. let me tell ya, the pay might be shit, but the stories you'll get and the friends you'll make more than counterbalance that. i don't miss being broke, but i do miss having half the town know my name and rarely paying for drinks on my nights off.

LOL for real?
®

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: November 26, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
I feel like a old man having to tell you guys  to man the fuck up, get off your pussy ass cell phones, get off the video games, go outside and breathe air.  the future is what you decide it will be each and every moment you act during your day. you and only you can pull yourself into the future and become better at who or what you are.

on the other hand  test and other bbing drugs can help, but also stop being pussies and going off and worrying about your ugly matted hair falling out. just be a man and start living. no one give s a shit about your ugly hair, or how small and fat you are

See, that is the thing with depression, people know what they should do, but they just can't get themselves to do it.

You are wrong about drugs. While changing your life style to overcome depression is ideal, sometimes people need a little boost. When that boost becomes a permanent crutch, it is a different story. It means one is either seriously mentally ill or they are addicted to living in an altered state. Drugs have kept many people out of institutions. One of the problems people have with depression is lack of tolerance. Almost everyone gets depressed sometimes. It is normal. Unfortunately a lot of people think if they aren't happy all of the time, something is wrong. It usually isn't.

Test does help with depression. I know I am on test and it has helped me. Exercise also helps with depression. What doesn't help is to just give up and vegetate. Incidentally, I would be trilled to have some matted hair since I have none on my head at this point. I guess everything is relative.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: November 26, 2013, 08:54:54 PM »
Thanks. I'm glad I made this thread because there is a lot of good advice here and I also learned i'm not alone. The latter may seem ... well, like the sang goes about misery loving company but really it's good to know that I'm not alone and that if others can endure and manage I can too. Also, I was really surprised that the overwhelming majority of comments were helpful and positive. I guess this shows that getbig can rise above its reputation.

As for faith, well, I have been reading the bible more and there is inspiration and wisdom in that good book.

Thank you for your help and advice.

I too am please to see that other Getbiggers can rise to the occasion when warranted. Depression is no laughing matter although a good laugh often helps people feel a little better when they are depressed. There are many roads to happiness. What works for one person may not work for another. Many people find solace in religion and that's great. Some find relief from medication. And many lucky folks only need to make some lifestyle changes to feel better. If anyone experiences depression they should do whatever works to feel better. Life is not perfect. It has many ups and downs. But it is definitely worth living.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #311 on: November 27, 2013, 01:49:56 AM »
Calm down Dalton.

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #312 on: November 27, 2013, 02:48:36 AM »
Sorry about your situation, friend. Maybe it's just a temporary thing. Hang in there, you're young.
Thank you my friend, i too hope this will be a passing thing.

Dude, you ve been conditioned by life to end that way, you didnt choose any of it. It s biological just like me you re the sum of who spwaned you; your parents were probably both headcases too. Noone can help you, sorry that's the truth.
You're probably true in regards that part of my problems are genetically destined to  be more likely for it to occur with me as well. My mother has been forcefully committed twice in the last 2 years for trying to commit suicide after years of depression and benzo/alcohol addiction. (also sleep problems) My father is an alcoholic but he doesn't think he is himself.

I was addicted myself to speed and cocaine from my 15th till my 22nd. I used everyday and easily went from party to party days after nights after days. So all the years of drug abuse probably have taken a toll on my brain as well.

But the thing is, when i found training/bodybuilding 5/6 years ago i said goodbye to all my old friends and quit everything and started living healthy. It changed me, bodybuilding saved my life in a way. But now all of the sudden after 5 years i am having these fucking sleep problems, i dont want to take any more medication i want to go back to normal.

And its not just as simple as thinking it away, especially when you are there in bed thinking about how you re going to wake up tired as shit the next day and start the same cycle again.

Wow Dude, thanks for sharing.  I have sleeping issues also, I can sleep, but my cycle is all fucked up, longer than 24 hrs, so I go to bed later and later each day.  I then have to manipulate my sleep using sleep deprivation or forcing myself to stay awake to get the cycle back to a normal schedule, but essentially my sleep pattern has been fucked up for years.  I hate it !
Good Luck dude, that was a really honest and forthright post. I wish you all the best.
Thanks bro. Yeah i am going to try sleep deprivation therapy again and hope that it works this time. My cycle is fucked as well seeing as i wake up 3 hours later in bed and my body just thinks this is normal now for some reason.

I really from the start of my problems found it really weird that you could wake up from mental problems so long. I thought it was something physical, but all sleep studies have found nothing physical wrong with me. (as in sleep apneu and that shit.) I even went under full narcoses to have a study done that would see if my throat collapsed during sleep, but nothing. Now i know it was probably all the stuff i had to do at that time, all the stress started the viscous circle. And now i am still in it for no reason, i am just in it, still in this shitty sleep.

All the problems are in my head, but i can't think them away. The problems have really become my life in its whole, and i know it shouldn't! I shouldn't give it this much attention, i am only feeding it. But i already tried ignoring it for months but i'm still fucked lol.

In the states I believe GHB can be prescribed to people who have narcolespy. I don't know how easy or hard it is to be prescribe it but telling your Doctor that you fall asleep at a drop of a hat in strange places may be a start...GHB induces deep REM sleep. So 3 hours of sleep on that shit is really all you will need. Sure it opens up a whole other can of worms but like you said, sleep is EVERYTHING!
I used GHB recreationally in the past, but it is not an addiction i would like to restart. I'm already addicted to the fucking benzos. :D The remeron gives me 3 hours of deep sleep but sadly 3 hours a day is not enough for a period of months. (at least not for me, there might be people who can cope with continuous very little sleep i dont know)

But i am going to be prescribed concerta (type of long acitng ritalin) in a week, to use during the day to stay more alert and awake and give me more rest in my head. (they think this might help with my sleep problems in the long run as well)

I in 2011 crashed my car, my girlfriend and I broke up after 6 years and my dad died all within 6 months. I am still dealing with the depression from it all and yes have sporatic sleeping, I can sleep about 3-4 hours straight then wake up then I'll be up and down all night I tried Ambien it did nothing. Tired as hell all the time.
I am sorry about your problems man. I know the feeling, at least of the no sleep. Maybe you can ask your doctor about remeron (mirtazapine) it is prescribed off label for insomnia. (in lower doses then it is used for anti depressant effects) It is non addictive and at least in the start it helped me to sleep a couple of days fully(for my mother it helped her completely at 7.5mg for sleep).

http://www.sleepio.com/articles/sleep-aids/mirtazapine-and-sleep/

At lower doses it is ok, but in the higher doses i feel it is just adding to the daytime tiredness. The side effects of higher doses are to hard to cope with, at least to me. (that's why i am cutting down on it currently)

on the other hand  test and other bbing drugs can help
On that note, Does anybody know if nandrolone exhibits the same effects in regards as to testosterone? I still have a lot of vials lying around, if all else fails and i am just abandoned by normal healthcare i will go on a fucking life long cycle. I have been postponing this cycle for months now, thinking it might not be smart to go on cycle again while i am having these problems.

When i was on for a year i knew i felt the happiest in my life. :) No problems, no pain(i have no cartilage in my right knee any more) and no stress!

whitewidow

« Reply #313 on: November 27, 2013, 04:06:08 AM »
I think some people who think they are depressed actually are suffering from anxiety and sometimes they are suffering from both. I had to deal with some pretty tragic deaths of friends at a real young age not only that alot of my friends wound up in federal prison that year. friends of minewere also just dropping like flies and I was kind of fucked up about it all for about 6 weeks before I went to talk to a doctor about it. They gave me both a SSRI and a benzo, prozac and ativan to start with. The prozac was horrible! Prozac a SSRI is just the nastiest shit I ever tried. Prozac takes awhile to start working and while you are waiting for weeks for it to work you deal with nasty side effects. I wasn't really deprressed I was suffering from anxiety and insomnia wich is why the ativan helped me. I had also got ahold of a sample of xanax from the doctor just a 10 tab professional sample and it was like a miracle drug everything went away. I forgot about all my stress and worrys. The prozac took 3 weeks to kick in and it was just total shit! I wasn't really depressed so maybe that is why it did not work for me. The prozac did nothing to help me sleep it actually kept me up, and fucked up how my ativan was working.

Anyway long story short next appointment I told the doctor the prozac was garbage and I wanted to stop using them and even though I was only on them for 5 weeks he said he still wanted me to taper off and it could be dangerous if I quit cold turkey. So yes SSRI's are addictive and dangerous as well. The prozac really fucked up my blood pressure as well It jumped from 129/80 to 177/114. My doctor made me get bloodwork done to check my kidneys and liver.

I also told the doctor i wanted to get on xanax instead of the ativan the xanax seemed to work like magic. xanax is great if you get stressed out and also have insomnia. I was using steroids as well and when you get on high dosages of Test and other AAS you start getting insomnia and you get stressed out easier and the xanax fixed this problem. The dr. made me go get a mental health Evaluation to get the xanax he said the strongest drugs he could prescribe were ativan,valium and klonopin this was from a kaiser dr. he said if i wanted xanax I had to see a psychiatrist and do the mental health evaluation. So I did the evaluation and got prescribed 6mg of xanax daily but he said this was a huge daily dose and since I was young he wanted to do UA's and I had to wait 30 days exactly till I could get a refill. Alot of dr.s and half of psychiatrist think xanax is to strong of a drug to prescribe and your bound to get addicted. It is more addictive then heroin but if they make your life better and get them prescribed in a legit fashion and make sure never to stop taking it without tapering off you should be fine. the thing with xanax is once you start you are pretty much going to need them for life. It is a drug that not many people come off of or if they do it is not very easy but same thing with most SSRi's tapering is a must if you take a SSRI for a long time.

I think treating depression with medication is not the right idea. Like someone else said depression is for the weak. Anxiety is more of a real condition. people who are depressed are usually people who need to loose weight or get laid more. I just don't believe in depression and think it is very managable without medication. anybody who is depressed stay away from medications and people with aniety make sure you get a mental health evaluation and get a MRI on your brain and don't take any medication unless a psychiatrist suggests it. If a person with anxiety can stay off medication as well that is the way to go. medication works wonders for alot of us but your using drugs that are very addictive  especially anxiety patients. Do I feel bad I got started on xanax and probably will take it my whole life, not really but it is something that was def needed for me to live a good quality life. If someone is depressed and finds a medication that helps them and thinks they need them to live a quality life then take them. just remember if you decide to come off the drugs make sure you taper off and if it has been years on the drugs it might take years to get you off the drugs.

There are so many things to help these conditions, money helps big time, getting laid alot helps big time, having alot of family around helps big time, sticking with your hobbys helps big time, exercise helps out big time, lots of things can help besides medication. If you have lost alot of family and friends in a tragic manner and have horrible insomnia that is where it is hard not to fall into taking medications.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: November 27, 2013, 04:15:11 AM »
worth pointing out that there's two kinds of depression: environmental and clinical. if you're depressed because a bunch of awful shit happened to you, that's awful and my heart goes out to you, but at least it's not without justification. the bitch is when depression lands for seemingly no reason. everything is, objectively, going just fine but your brain has decided to go "nah fuck you dude just lie in bed and don't clean yourself for a few days". no way to explain it to people, harder still to get any kind of sympathy or a kind ear.

been a little while since i've had any bad spells, but i've been down in there. best advice? either get on an ssri (lexapro, celexa, something mild just to get the brain chemicals going right) and make sure not to stop going to the gym.

Good post. I'm not sure some here acknowledge the clinical variety, which is a real nightmare. It has nothing at all to do with lifestyle or attitude. It just happens.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #315 on: November 27, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »

Haha depends where you work ;)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: November 27, 2013, 07:54:40 AM »
to the op.

shitso-wolfcocksucker, best way to end a depression,once and for all time, will even work for both and all gimmick accounts, is the suicide option.

since youre a little bitch, i suggest the painfree leave, OD on heavy sleeping meds.

you fall asleep and just dont wake upanymore.no pain, no hassle, no blood,no mess.

you can also drink to the near unconsiousness and while doing so, start popping the sleep meds, make sure its enough tablets, dose 20times the suggested dosage.and dont drink too much, too make sure you dont vomit out the sleeping tablets again.

i hope this helps, good night and good bye and good riddance.

:-* :-*
n

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: November 27, 2013, 07:56:48 AM »
to the op.

shitso-wolfcocksucker, best way to end a depression,once and for all time, will even work for both and all gimmick accounts, is the suicide option.

since youre a little bitch, i suggest the painfree leave, OD on heavy sleeping meds.

you fall asleep and just dont wake upanymore.no pain, no hassle, no blood,no mess.

you can also drink to the near unconsiousness and while doing so, start popping the sleep meds, make sure its enough tablets, dose 20times the suggested dosage.and dont drink too much, too make sure you dont vomit out the sleeping tablets again.

i hope this helps, good night and good bye and good riddance.

:-* :-*

Meth head meltdown. Too easy. 8)

A

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2013, 07:59:47 AM »
I've too noticed that insomnia and sleep issues are related to depression.

Uberman had a fantastic post about depression in an old "Ratard" thread
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2013, 08:19:41 AM »
I in 2011 crashed my car, my girlfriend and I broke up after 6 years and my dad died all within 6 months. I am still dealing with the depression from it all and yes have sporatic sleeping, I can sleep about 3-4 hours straight then wake up then I'll be up and down all night I tried Ambien it did nothing. Tired as hell all the time.

I highly  suggest you snap the fuck out of it, depression manifests cancer...that shit kills people.

since everybody on getbig is invinsible and could care less if they die at 35 or about cancer how about this.....depression will RUIN your gains.
l

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2013, 08:26:40 AM »
LOL for real?

yeah dude. from about 2005 through early 2012, with a break in 2010 when i worked at a group home for a little while. worked in a few dives, some college bars, an import pub, and a gigantic club with a 750 person capacity. got loads of stories, it was a good time, honestly.

Good post. I'm not sure some here acknowledge the clinical variety, which is a real nightmare. It has nothing at all to do with lifestyle or attitude. It just happens.

yeah. whenever someone talks about depression on the internet there's always the loads of fuckwaffles who are all "WHAT'S SO TERRIBLE ABOUT YOUR LIFE HUH WHY DON'T YOU GO LIVE IN DAMASCUS OR RWANDA AND SEE WHAT A BAD LIFE IS REALLY LIKE" but that's not how depression works. it's more like your brain just turns on you.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html

great humorous look at how depression can be. it's nasty stuff.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2013, 08:46:41 AM »
I highly  suggest you snap the fuck out of it, depression manifests cancer...that shit kills people.

since everybody on getbig is invinsible and could care less if they die at 35 or about cancer how about this.....depression will RUIN your gains.

Call me a fool, but I care about most Getbiggers. Good people deserve that.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2013, 09:27:41 AM »
Thank you my friend, i too hope this will be a passing thing.
You're probably true in regards that part of my problems are genetically destined to  be more likely for it to occur with me as well. My mother has been forcefully committed twice in the last 2 years for trying to commit suicide after years of depression and benzo/alcohol addiction. (also sleep problems) My father is an alcoholic but he doesn't think he is himself.

I was addicted myself to speed and cocaine from my 15th till my 22nd. I used everyday and easily went from party to party days after nights after days. So all the years of drug abuse probably have taken a toll on my brain as well.

But the thing is, when i found training/bodybuilding 5/6 years ago i said goodbye to all my old friends and quit everything and started living healthy. It changed me, bodybuilding saved my life in a way. But now all of the sudden after 5 years i am having these fucking sleep problems, i dont want to take any more medication i want to go back to normal.

And its not just as simple as thinking it away, especially when you are there in bed thinking about how you re going to wake up tired as shit the next day and start the same cycle again.

well obviously it's genetical, you re genetically programmed to be depressed and less resistant to psychological warfare than others. So you need a calmer, quieter, slower lifestyle, a slow pace to not overload your nerves which are weaker , less "muscled" than other people who didnt have their genes corrupted by their parents drug abuse or their mental stability hurt by their past physical or psychological blows; you need to control your relationships more as you re prone to being backstabed by stronger minded people who see you as a toy so you better stick with weaker or similarly minded people isntead. Your life sucks? it could be even worse, that's what most people tell themselves to keep playing the game.
 The problem is that people who come from shity families and have shity genes and predispositions to be depressed are often the ones who have the shittiest education, have to work the shitiest jobs and live around the shitiest people. They re also the ones who have not much money to pay for stuff -drugs, leisures- that would lighten their depressive state and global daily suffering. It's a vicious circle.
The only positive, constructive escape is always the same; sublimation thru work / creative activity.

Now we all know kids from rich families can be badly mistreated genetically, physically, psychologically too, even if they have the money, but the money allow them to last longer; still they can feel as shity as poor people who werent loved either.

I hope that you re not into steroids and practice natural , physical conditioning...cause being extreme about lifting weights and doing drugs has nothing to do with doing something that is really "saving your life"...
We all have phases in our existences where things rebound, and downs. It can happen again even if you re in high times. So only the smartest, strongest, fittest calculate how to always be constantly in the high times, money helps. And yeah at some point you have to find a woman have kids and keep doing the good , healthy stuff you ve been doing . We re animals, "successful" animals dominate and replicate and control the whole thing the best they can with what they have.
There is nothing else to do anyway.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2013, 09:47:01 AM »
U need to get over it. You've effectively lost 2 years of your life that u can't get back.
sometimes it takes time to get over it. And to be honest...we never get over some stuff.
 It's pointless to tell someone to get over it "now" rush it, etc, you re not helping them just making them feel even worse culpabilizing them even more. Instead you should listen to them and talk with them and expose your own problems, it's a lot more useful.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »
There is no snapping out of chronic depression. Or any other so called "disease" of the brain...Just like a person can't snap out of cancer or liver disease or heart disease. If a person has been dealing with depression for an extended period of time, it's not like you will wake up one day and it will be gone.