Author Topic: Jameis Winston...  (Read 46843 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Jameis Winston...
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2015, 11:30:17 PM »
The kid from Baylor.   Price or something?  Looked like he might be the best qb in this draft.  Big strong and smart. 

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2015, 03:19:21 AM »
who's the 3rd QB in the draft? I wouldn't touch Winston (a mixture of pryor, vince and russell), which means he will fail long-term. Oregon's QB is just a system child.  don't waste the 1st overall on either one. These guys aren't doug williams.  tampa bay will remain in the dark ages.

Haha Doug Williams? Yeah, he's got a ring, but he couldn't even complete 50% of his career passes. There's been a lot of black QBs better than him. And Winston isn't a mix of Pryor, Vince, and Russell. He's got bust potential like any other QB, but you just compared him to a bunch of lazy, black QBs and anybody who knows the guy's career knows that he's a competitor, has football smarts, and leads his players.

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2015, 06:13:56 AM »
The kid from Baylor.   Price or something?  Looked like he might be the best qb in this draft.  Big strong and smart. 
Petty. He was great at Baylor but his injury history and any association to RG3 May mess with his draft stock.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2015, 06:50:17 AM »
Petty. He was great at Baylor but his injury history and any association to RG3 May mess with his draft stock.

Scouts are smarter than that...They are 2 completely different players.

I think Petty could be a bit of a sleeper in this draft and could turn out to be a solid QB for a team.

Good physical size, above average mobility, good arm. Coming out after his Senior year so he has the maturity and experience.

Has had excellent coaching in a dynamic pass offense and the kid is also extremely smart. Team first guy and shows alot of character.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2429613-big-time-thrower-bryce-petty-talented-as-any-qb-drafted-in-round-1-of-2014

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2015, 07:22:55 AM »
Scouts use school, system and coaching as factors all the time. Petty and RG3 have the same for all those things. Not too mention his injury history. There's a reason he isn't projected to be a 1st round pick. He may end up being a fine pro but he won't be given the benefit of the doubt the way he would have if RG3 was a preeminent pro bowler.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2015, 07:42:17 AM »
Scouts use school, system and coaching as factors all the time. Petty and RG3 have the same for all those things. Not too mention his injury history. There's a reason he isn't projected to be a 1st round pick. He may end up being a fine pro but he won't be given the benefit of the doubt the way he would have if RG3 was a preeminent pro bowler.

The problem is you are singling out ONE PLAYER in a "system" that goes back over 20 years.

Coach Briles has been EXTREMELY successful with quarterbacks over his career. His teams set passing records and won 4 state titles with his QBs at Stephenville High and sent almost every one of those QBs to D1 schools.

The majority of his college quarterbacks went on to NFL or were right there in the hunt to make it onto an NFL team.

Oh but ONE GUY defines a "coaching sytem"  ::)

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2015, 08:09:25 AM »
What qb had come from Briles spread system has become a franchise player? That's what defines his coaching system. If Petty came from a qb factory and ran a pro style offense in college he'd be given 1st round consideration.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2015, 08:24:56 AM »
What qb had come from Briles spread system has become a franchise player? That's what defines his coaching system. If Petty came from a qb factory and ran a pro style offense in college he'd be given 1st round consideration.

Where is there ANY college system that is churning out "Franchise" quarterbacks?

Where are these NFL "QB" factories you are talking about?  Give me specific names.

Where is the college or system out there where you go to consistently pick up a Brady, Brees, Manning, etc?

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2015, 08:34:41 AM »
I'd consider USC a qb factory as much as I dislike them. Briles is yet to have a single qb be a consistent starter starter. If Petty had played at USC and put up comparable numbers he'd be in a different situation. Guys like Cutcliffe and Tedford would have given him some extra points based on their previous reputations as churning out NFL quarterbacks.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2015, 08:51:03 AM »
I'd consider USC a qb factory as much as I dislike them. Briles is yet to have a single qb be a consistent starter starter. If Petty had played at USC and put up comparable numbers he'd be in a different situation. Guys like Cutcliffe and Tedford would have given him some extra points based on their previous reputations as churning out NFL quarterbacks.

Where are all these USC consistent starters?

In the past 20 years all that comes to mind for me is Carson Palmer.

Who else am I missing?

"QB Factory" doesn't exactly come to mind when I think of 1 consistent starter in the past 20 years.

And I could arguably use your own argument towards RG3 when speaking about Matt Leinart.