Author Topic: Oprah Winfrey Plays The Race Card For Obama  (Read 3366 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Oprah Winfrey Plays The Race Card For Obama
« on: November 22, 2013, 11:19:54 AM »
Oprah Winfrey says Obama victim of racism

Oprah Winfrey says that President Barack Obama has been the victim of racism and that the ongoing issue of prejudice is a generational one.

“There is a level of disrespect for the office that occurs,” Winfrey said Friday in an interview with the BBC. "And that occurs in some cases and maybe even in many cases because he’s African American. There’s no question about that, and it’s the kind of thing that nobody ever says but everybody is thinking it.”

Winfrey pointed to Republican Congressman Joe Wilson yelling "liar" during a 2009 speech Obama was giving to Congress.

The interview was part of a promotional tour for the film “The Butler,” which tells the story of Cecil Gaines, an African American man who served as a White House butler for eight different presidents.

Winfrey took her comments one step further, saying that the issue of racism is largely generational. Specifically, she said that cultural prejudice in the U.S. will largely recede after the last generation of individuals have died off.

“I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the South — there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die," Winfrey said.

However, Winfrey also made a point to note that there has been progress in race relations.

"It would be foolish to not recognize that we have evolved in that we’re not still facing the same kind of terrorism against black people en masse as was displayed with the Scottsboro boys. It’s gotten better," she said. "… There are laws that have allowed us to progress beyond what we saw in the Scottsboro boys and beyond even the prejudice we see in 'The Butler.' "

Nonetheless, Winfrey’s comments have been heavily criticized by the conservative media.

Noel Sheppard, who is white, writes at the conservative media watchdog site NewsBusters: “Why do folks such as her only see racism through the prism of how blacks are treated? By looking at the problem so narrowly, doesn't it make matters worse?”

And the website Right Scoop added, "Oprah Winfrey is going around the world telling everyone that Americans are racist."

In August, Winfrey made headlines when she told Larry King she encounters racism, citing an incident at a store in Switzerland where a shop clerk refused to show her a purse that cost $38,000.

"I'm in a store, and the person doesn't obviously know that I carry the black card and so they make an assessment based upon the way I look and who I am," later explained. "I didn't have anything that said, 'I have money.' I wasn't wearing a diamond stud. I didn't have a pocketbook. I didn't wear Louboutin shoes. I didn't have anything. ... You should be able to go in a store looking like whatever you look like and say, 'I'd like to see this.' That didn't happen."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/oprah-winfrey-says-obama-victim-of-racism-205750495.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Oprah Winfrey Plays The Race Card For Obama
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
Something ironic about a black billionaire, who is literally one of the wealthiest persons on the planet, playing the race card about a black president, who arguably is the most powerful man on the planet.

And . . . she is partly responsible for the man getting elected in the first place.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=202135.0

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »
We've made so much progress, now we have  the knockout game and polar bear hunting.  The next game is the piñata game, which consists of danglings Mexicans from a tree and whacking them with a stick.
A

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:25:32 AM »
She's been quite the windbag lately.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »
How did a white-black man get elected in a racist nation where blacks are only 14% of the populaton?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 12:13:55 PM »
Typical racist 95er pos

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 12:15:03 PM »
How did a white-black man get elected in a racist nation where blacks are only 14% of the populaton?

what a stupid statement,she;s talking about the repub party,i'm sure they didn't or weren't going to vote for Obama  :D :D :D :D    
stick to talking snakes

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 12:17:21 PM »
what a stupid statement,she;s talking about the repub party,i'm sure they didn't or weren't going to vote for Obama  :D :D :D :D    
stick to talking snakes

Im glad her rating are in the toilet.  F that racist fat hog bitch - send her back to Kenya on the Amistad along w O-Twink where they belong

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 12:24:31 PM »
Something ironic about a black billionaire, who is literally one of the wealthiest persons on the planet, playing the race card about a black president, who arguably is the most powerful man on the planet.

And . . . she is partly responsible for the man getting elected in the first place.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=202135.0

In the USA I'd be considered a minority, and I tell you this, some minorities(Hispanics, Blacks, Gays, Muslims, etc.) don't want equal treatment.  They demand "special" treatment.

Being Critical of Obama's policies and performance is racist and an act of treason.     ::)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 12:26:57 PM »
Im glad her rating are in the toilet.  F that racist fat hog bitch - send her back to Kenya on the Amistad along w O-Twink where they belong

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »

she would wipe her fat ass with the money you make a year so she probly don't care what you think  :D :D :D :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »

Oprah Winfrey says that President Barack Obama has been the victim of racism and that the ongoing issue of prejudice is a generational one.

“There is a level of disrespect for the office that occurs,” Winfrey said Friday in an interview with the BBC. "And that occurs in some cases and maybe even in many cases because he’s African American. There’s no question about that, and it’s the kind of thing that nobody ever says but everybody is thinking it.”

Winfrey pointed to Republican Congressman Joe Wilson yelling "liar" during a 2009 speech Obama was giving to Congress.

The interview was part of a promotional tour for the film “The Butler,” which tells the story of Cecil Gaines, an African American man who served as a White House butler for eight different presidents.

Winfrey took her comments one step further, saying that the issue of racism is largely generational. Specifically, she said that cultural prejudice in the U.S. will largely recede after the last generation of individuals have died off.

“I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the South — there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die," Winfrey said.

However, Winfrey also made a point to note that there has been progress in race relations.

"It would be foolish to not recognize that we have evolved in that we’re not still facing the same kind of terrorism against black people en masse as was displayed with the Scottsboro boys. It’s gotten better," she said. "… There are laws that have allowed us to progress beyond what we saw in the Scottsboro boys and beyond even the prejudice we see in 'The Butler.' "

Nonetheless, Winfrey’s comments have been heavily criticized by the conservative media.

Noel Sheppard, who is white, writes at the conservative media watchdog site NewsBusters: “Why do folks such as her only see racism through the prism of how blacks are treated? By looking at the problem so narrowly, doesn't it make matters worse?”

And the website Right Scoop added, "Oprah Winfrey is going around the world telling everyone that Americans are racist."

In August, Winfrey made headlines when she told Larry King she encounters racism, citing an incident at a store in Switzerland where a shop clerk refused to show her a purse that cost $38,000.

"I'm in a store, and the person doesn't obviously know that I carry the black card and so they make an assessment based upon the way I look and who I am," later explained. "I didn't have anything that said, 'I have money.' I wasn't wearing a diamond stud. I didn't have a pocketbook. I didn't wear Louboutin shoes. I didn't have anything. ... You should be able to go in a store looking like whatever you look like and say, 'I'd like to see this.' That didn't happen."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/oprah-winfrey-says-obama-victim-of-racism-205750495.html

Thats because they have NOTHING else. They get killed on policy, 60% of the country don't trust him or the left so what else is there? Race.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »
In the USA I'd be considered a minority, and I tell you this, some minorities(Hispanics, Blacks, Gays, Muslims, etc.) don't want equal treatment.  They demand "special" treatment.

Being Critical of Obama's policies and performance is racist and an act of treason.     ::)

Sad but true.   :-\

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 01:11:24 PM »
This "racist" nonsense always starts up again when Obama proves to the world that he's an unqualified big govt marxist hack and a lying snake oil salesman. Of course his base will defend him no matter what, and it looks like that's now the only defense they have since this whole govt healthcare scam has blown up in his face.
A

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 01:29:52 PM »
This "racist" nonsense always starts up again when Obama proves to the world that he's an unqualified big govt marxist hack and a lying snake oil salesman. Of course his base will defend him no matter what, and it looks like that's now the only defense they have since this whole govt healthcare scam has blown up in his face.

this.  in the absence of proof, cry racism.  we have enough people inundated with enough white guilt that this does actually work.  it's just funny to me how I was raised not to judge anyone by the color of their skin, so I don't, but i'm told every day that I do.  Hey Oprah.  Fuck you.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 01:31:28 PM »

Exactly.

Hey oprah, know what else 'everyone is thinking but no one wants to talk about'?? The fact that everyone knows blacks are responsible for a hilariously disproportionate amount of the crime in the country and will always be seen as a joke to the civilized races of the world.  What do you think about that

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »

Oprah needs to shut her pie hole and go pick some cotton. Then eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 03:55:10 PM »
Oprahs say the darnedest things!
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 05:55:52 AM »
???

Um, playing the race card is NOT the same as saying someone has been the victim of racism.

I can say "Bush was the victim of racism... comments about this crazy ass cracker president were racist" - And I'm not being a whiny bitch, I'm just stating facts.

Just about every high profile political figure has been the victim of racist comments.   We can look at it and say "Wow, that was kinda a racist thing to say".   I see playing the race card as when someone really makes it about victim, hurt, pain, suffering, all that.  To say "Oh, poor Dubya had to endure sure hardship from being called a cracker" is playing the race card.  Saying "Yeah, some things were said by poor people who don't matter, to the most powerful man in the free world, hey, so what, at the end of the day Bush still wins", is not.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 06:36:58 AM »
Exactly.

Hey oprah, know what else 'everyone is thinking but no one wants to talk about'?? The fact that everyone knows blacks are responsible for a hilariously disproportionate amount of the crime in the country and will always be seen as a joke to the civilized races of the world.  What do you think about that

Add to that for Oprah that they're just as detested and hated in Europe

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 07:00:11 AM »
I wonder why Oprah has never played the fat card.  Is she a self hating fatty.
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 10:28:22 PM »
She's been quite the windbag lately.

Lately? Puh-leaze

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »

Like David Carradine's Master from Kung-fu, I will answer your question with a question: 

What percentage of a nation's populace needs to be racist for it to be considered a racist nation, grasshopper?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »

Ninja, please.  Don't you have bb pics up around here where you're pretty much wearing black-face (à la too much Jan Tana above the neck)?

You obviously have some issues and I wish you luck in resolving them.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 03:46:21 AM »
Like David Carradine's Master from Kung-fu, I will answer your question with a question: 

What percentage of a nation's populace needs to be racist for it to be considered a racist nation, grasshopper?

Better yet, how many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches does a person have to eat to be considered a racist?