Author Topic: Dr. Ben Carson on Presidential Bid: The Good Lord Has a Plan  (Read 18527 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Presidential Bid: The Good Lord Has a Plan
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
No such thing as hate speech, just speech which should be free. I will leave the labels and emotional baggage to those on the receiving end.

Christians believe in something that isn't provable, not only belief, but actually live their lives according to this book. How absurd is it that someone would use a book written so long ago to guide life now a days? half the shit in the bible isn't even practiced making it a piecemeal criticism shield.

You are suppose to stone those who work on the Sabbath , not mix fabrics amongst other crazy shit that makes no sense. This point is clearly understandable to them as they do less of the senseless shit and more of the feel good stuff. It's a dangerous thing when people suspend reason in favor of cuddles.

For example you have Dr. Ben Carson, suggesting that he can speak to god (He cannot, as I cannot, both human I assume) and that god has a plan for him. This fantasy gives him all the confidence in the world, GOD has a plan for him, he is protected. If the plan changes, god works in mysterious ways I guess. No juxtapose that with the plan god has for bubu chichurri the one eyed African toddler with malaria. His plan for this boi was to have his suffer from birth and die soon. The world makes sense, physics, biology, math etc all sensible and intelligible, all rational. Compare that with gods actions and it appears illogical, such as how can evil exist, why? because it is, because it's made up.

Your story doesn't fit reality, notice how fewer and fewer religions are being established, mostly medieval relics which inspire awe as the religious have trouble imagining a time without them.

Take Haidar for example, he is a pagan unisexist brought up in a catholic home with muslim parents and a Taoist parapalegic step-brother from a exchange program aimed at improving gay awareness.  Does this make him less logical, I would argue yes.

The kicker is that not only do they live their life based on a fairy tale, they attempt to control other people's lives with the same warped principles.   ::)

But hey... it's God's plan.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2013, 03:47:21 PM »
And how do these people feel about what is happening? Are they with Obama or against him when it comes to economic decisions?

Oh brother... "with him" and "against him". ::)

How do they feel? I don't know. What I do know is that unlike you I don't think there's two kinds of people: (R) and (D) people, who see world as black and white and unconditionally agree with some official party position. There are people like that to be sure: they are the blindly partisan and largely unthinking fools which are colloquially referred to as "the base".

And if in the position, would they be making the same decisions as the extreme left? Like I said about Carter, he created wealth for himself but does not want the same for his country.

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. I don't know what purpose playing a hypothetical game about what some other person would do if he were, magically, substituted for Obama. If I wake up one morning and find that a tree has fallen on my car, hypothesizing what would have happened if I parked my car a little to the left or if I stopped at Starbucks on my way home won't change the fact that my car has been crashed by a tree.

To a certain extent, yes, but when it comes to an economics I would have to say he be making more of a business decision than a political one.

I'm not sure what this means?

I personally like Donald Trumps thinking on this. If Obama was the CEO of a company, he would have been fired a loooong time ago.

LOL... Donald Trump! That you find anything that toupee-wearing media celebrity whore who plays a businessman on a tv "reality" show to be credible - or even remotely interesting - speaks volumes. But we should address the content of the statement, not just the mouthpiece that spat it out: and the content isn't bad in theory (or original to Donald Trump for that matter).

I agree that Obama is not a particularly good President by just about any metric I consider useful or valid. Would he have been fired if he were a CEO instead? Who cares? I mean, you might as well ask if he would be classified as a cubist if he were an artist, or whether he would specialize in rhinoplasty if he were a plastic surgeon.

Obama is the President. Instead of fucking around with hypotheticals and getting handjobs from Donald Trump, why not find sensible ways to undo or at least mitigate the damage that our elected representatives are actively doing to our country until we can vote someone else into office?

who will, unfortunately, be just as bad, even if they're nothing like the current pile of shit.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
should Christians tolerate the term "jesus freak"?

if they are baptist, then they should be used to it.
we Episcopalians aren't in the same class.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »
I hope he stays involved.  We need people like him involved with public policy. 

Sounds like Dr Carson wants to be on the Trump ticket.

Ben Carson defends Donald Trump

Retired neurosurgeon and presidential candidate Ben Carson said Tuesday that he thinks the focus on Donald Trump's recent incendiary comments is "petty" and that the real estate mogul has no reason to drop out of the 2016 race.

"For us to get caught up in a controversy of well, 'What did Donald Trump mean when he said that?' -- It just seems so petty to me," Carson told reporters after speaking to a group of teenage Republicans in Arlington, Va.

[Poll: Trump surges to big lead in GOP presidential race]

Several Republican presidential contenders have said Trump should be disqualified from the presidential race for saying that Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is not a war hero. Carson disagreed.

"I’m not sure from listening to what he said that he think that Mr. McCain is not a hero," Carson said. "He has repeatedly said yes, he is a hero, so I don’t know where that comes from that he’s disqualified."

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
A Trump-Carson ticket would surely be the sign we've reached the Idiocracy Singularity

I'm waiting for Terry Crews to announce in candidacy

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2015, 11:48:20 AM »
 ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2015, 05:54:42 AM »
and probably the first to drop out due to lack of funds/billionaire backer.
w

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2015, 07:16:36 AM »
What's his lame ass excuse going to be when "God" picks a Democrat to be POTUS?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2015, 08:01:23 AM »
How insane is it that his quote will be viewed positively by some. He is literally claiming to talk to god, receive direction etc. A sign of a good leader is one that defaults to another leader who is invisible. Like North Korea.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2015, 08:34:45 AM »
How insane is it that his quote will be viewed positively by some. He is literally claiming to talk to god, receive direction etc. A sign of a good leader is one that defaults to another leader who is invisible. Like North Korea.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »

Is it not insane then to believe?

You're argument seems to be that if a person believes in God, that would be ok.  But, if they see and hear what they believe to be true, then it's not insane?

I run into the same issue.  Many who I know believe in God appear to be rational, intelligent, thoughtful people.  But, if they told me they were in direct communication of God, I would think them nuts.  Seems to be a paradox though.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2015, 10:55:48 AM »

Is it not insane then to believe?

You're argument seems to be that if a person believes in God, that would be ok.  But, if they see and hear what they believe to be true, then it's not insane?

I run into the same issue.  Many who I know believe in God appear to be rational, intelligent, thoughtful people.  But, if they told me they were in direct communication of God, I would think them nuts.  Seems to be a paradox though.

is it sane to believe, is that the question? the wording is awkward.

Believing in a god is fine, no one knows, I know this because I don't know, i am a human. Humans cannot talk to god quite clearly, so anyone claiming so is likely delusional.

For example, it's god's plan to nurture dr carson to the POTUS, while simultaneously hatching a plan for childhood leukaemia, it makes no sense. The lack of sense is how we can tell delusion, facts and reality matter, a schizo is indistinguishable from a believer if they are pious enough.

You can't have people claiming to talk to god running shit, I want to hear he is in control, not fucking taking orders from his subconscious.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:21 AM »

You have a link for this quote by Dr. Carson?  I plugged it into Google and couldn't find it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2015, 09:13:53 AM »
is it sane to believe, is that the question? the wording is awkward.

Believing in a god is fine, no one knows, I know this because I don't know, i am a human. Humans cannot talk to god quite clearly, so anyone claiming so is likely delusional.

For example, it's god's plan to nurture dr carson to the POTUS, while simultaneously hatching a plan for childhood leukaemia, it makes no sense. The lack of sense is how we can tell delusion, facts and reality matter, a schizo is indistinguishable from a believer if they are pious enough.

You can't have people claiming to talk to god running shit, I want to hear he is in control, not fucking taking orders from his subconscious.

So despite being an Obama supporter, you think he is delusional? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2015, 09:52:04 AM »
You have a link for this quote by Dr. Carson?  I plugged it into Google and couldn't find it. 

Bump.  Is this another false quote Lurker? 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2015, 10:20:46 AM »
So despite being an Obama supporter, you think he is delusional? 

Black and white thinking is a sign of low intellect, just saying. :-\

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2015, 11:53:18 AM »
Bump.  Is this another false quote Lurker? 

It's on the internet.  Therefore it has to be real.   ::)

Surely you don't have a problem with false quotes.  Seeing how you were the fan club President of the king of false quotes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2015, 01:43:40 PM »
Black and white thinking is a sign of low intellect, just saying. :-\

Overstatements are often a sign of being a simpleton.  Just sayin . . . .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »
It's on the internet.  Therefore it has to be real.   ::)

Surely you don't have a problem with false quotes.  Seeing how you were the fan club President of the king of false quotes.

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.  So it's yet another quote you attributed to someone that turned out to be false.  This has turned into a pattern. Did you not know it was false or were you just being a gullible hack?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2015, 02:31:48 PM »
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.  So it's yet another quote you attributed to someone that turned out to be false.  This has turned into a pattern. Did you not know it was false or were you just being a gullible hack?

It's true.  It's listed on his website.  Right next to the outline of the plan he claims that "the Good Lord" has for him.

Again, false quotes bother you?  Or is that a recent development?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »
It's true.  It's listed on his website.  Right next to the outline of the plan he claims that "the Good Lord" has for him.

Again, false quotes bother you?  Or is that a recent development?

I just looked at his website.  I don't see it.  https://www.bencarson.com

Which part of the website did you get the quote from? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2015, 03:00:14 PM »
I just looked at his website.  I don't see it.  https://www.bencarson.com

Which part of the website did you get the quote from? 

" Right next to the outline of the plan he claims that "the Good Lord" has for him."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2015, 04:09:14 PM »

" Right next to the outline of the plan he claims that "the Good Lord" has for him."

I see.  So you either knowingly or unwittingly posted a false quote attributed to Dr. Carson, and you cannot man and up and admit it (again). 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2015, 04:25:15 PM »
Carson must think he is running for Supreme Leader or christian mullah or something