Author Topic: Dr. Ben Carson on Presidential Bid: The Good Lord Has a Plan  (Read 18789 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Dr. Ben Carson on Presidential Bid: The Good Lord Has a Plan
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »
It's typical.  Liberals are intolerant of opinions and views they don't agree with.  Abject hypocrisy by the people who preach tolerance

I've tracking that hypocrisy for years:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=285614.0

christians aren't exactly tolerant but then neither is christianity

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
You can't explain hypocrisy to hypocrites. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »
I've seen christians call themselves jesus freaks so obviously to some it's a term of endearment

OK but  a "term of endearment" is not how its being used on this board.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
christians aren't exactly tolerant but then neither is christianity

so your argument defending your bigoted remarks is "yeah but they started it"??????

OK.  just checking.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »
so your argument defending your bigoted remarks is "yeah but they started it"??????

OK.  just checking.

I'm pointing out that christians are not tolerant yet they piss and moan when others are not tolerant of their stupid and often bigoted statements

If christians are offended by the term jesus freak then they should start by cleaning out their own house because plenty of christians proudly refer to themselves as such.  Do a quick google search and you will find tshirts, coffee mugs, baseball caps, etc.. proudly claiming to be a jesus freak

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »
I'm pointing out that christians are not tolerant yet they piss and moan when others are not tolerant of their stupid and often bigoted statements

If christians are offended by the term jesus freak then they should start by cleaning out their own house because plenty of christians proudly refer to themselves as such.  Do a quick google search and you will find tshirts, coffee mugs, baseball caps, etc.. proudly claiming to be a jesus freak

you just said "they started it" using other words. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »

If christians are offended by the term jesus freak then they should start by cleaning out their own house because plenty of christians proudly refer to themselves as such.  Do a quick google search and you will find tshirts, coffee mugs, baseball caps, etc.. proudly claiming to be a jesus freak

so can I start using the N word?  and then tell them that "they should clean their own house first" when some black dude tries to murder me?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2013, 10:46:59 AM »
you just said "they started it" using other words. 

no I didn't

intolerance precedes christians and everything else

It's a basic human response

also, sometimes intolerance is perfectly acceptable

I'm intolerant of stupid assholes and I assume you probably are too

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2013, 10:49:49 AM »
no I didn't

intolerance precedes christians and everything else

It's a basic human response

also, sometimes intolerance is perfectly acceptable

I'm intolerant of stupid assholes and I assume you probably are too

LOL.  and when you say sometimes, you mean when YOU deem it acceptable.  everyone else is just bigoted.  you're drowning in your own bullshit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »
so can I start using the N word?  and then tell them that "they should clean their own house first" when some black dude tries to murder me?

feel free to use whatever words you'd like

makes no difference to me

btw - many blacks have expressed that exact same opinion about cleaning their own house

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »
feel free to use whatever words you'd like

makes no difference to me

btw - many blacks have expressed that exact same opinion about cleaning their own house

except you know that you nor I ever will use that word.  Why?  because society has deemed it "hate speech".  but "jesus freak" can be used by whomever.  a lot of people in this thread are obviously comfortable with it.  to you they're the same thing right? 

do me a favor use your bulletproof logic tomorrow at the grocery store. 

go to one store and say very loudly that you "can't stand all of these god damn jesus freaks!!!"

go to the next store and yell that you "can't stand all of these god damn N words"!!

tell us how it goes.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2013, 10:57:54 AM »
LOL.  and when you say sometimes, you mean when YOU deem it acceptable.  everyone else is just bigoted.  you're drowning in your own bullshit.

yes, sometimes intolerance is perfectly acceptable

should blacks in this country have tolerated racism ?

should gays tolerate discrimination?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »

should Christians tolerate the term "jesus freak"?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »

you're dancing around the issue and you're too stupid to realize it.  just fucking admit you're a bigot and hate Christians already. 

no one reading this will defend your logic.  because your argument holds no logic.  if anyone is willing to defend his logic let me know.  otherwise there's no more need for me to post here.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2013, 11:04:02 AM »
except you know that you nor I ever will use that word.  Why?  because society has deemed it "hate speech".  but "jesus freak" can be used by whomever.  a lot of people in this thread are obviously comfortable with it.  to you they're the same thing right?  

do me a favor use your bulletproof logic tomorrow at the grocery store.  

go to one store and say very loudly that you "can't stand all of these god damn jesus freaks!!!"

go to the next store and yell that you "can't stand all of these god damn N words"!!

tell us how it goes.

do blacks walk around in shirts and baseball caps claiming they are proud to be a niqqer?

maybe they do and I'm not aware of it (I wouldn't be surprised)

http://www.spreadshirt.com/jesus+freak+t-shirts

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »
you're dancing around the issue and you're too stupid to realize it.  just fucking admit you're a bigot and hate Christians already. 

no one reading this will defend your logic.  because your argument holds no logic.  if anyone is willing to defend his logic let me know.  otherwise there's no more need for me to post here.

LOL

sounds like you're getting frustrated and are dying to project your beliefs on to me

I've never said I hate christians

I certainly find some of the ways that people choose to interpret and express their beliefs to be repugnant

one example would be Fred Phelps

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
Why do liberals feel so empowered to make bigoted remarks against Christians?  I thought you guys were the ones always fighting against hate speech?  

Yet , when you see a Christian politician, "Jesus Freak" is the first thing to come out of your mouth.  And you think nothing of it.  

Mass Media tell you its ok.  that's why.  

No such thing as hate speech, just speech which should be free. I will leave the labels and emotional baggage to those on the receiving end.

Christians believe in something that isn't provable, not only belief, but actually live their lives according to this book. How absurd is it that someone would use a book written so long ago to guide life now a days? half the shit in the bible isn't even practiced making it a piecemeal criticism shield.

You are suppose to stone those who work on the Sabbath , not mix fabrics amongst other crazy shit that makes no sense. This point is clearly understandable to them as they do less of the senseless shit and more of the feel good stuff. It's a dangerous thing when people suspend reason in favor of cuddles.

For example you have Dr. Ben Carson, suggesting that he can speak to god (He cannot, as I cannot, both human I assume) and that god has a plan for him. This fantasy gives him all the confidence in the world, GOD has a plan for him, he is protected. If the plan changes, god works in mysterious ways I guess. No juxtapose that with the plan god has for bubu chichurri the one eyed African toddler with malaria. His plan for this boi was to have his suffer from birth and die soon. The world makes sense, physics, biology, math etc all sensible and intelligible, all rational. Compare that with gods actions and it appears illogical, such as how can evil exist, why? because it is, because it's made up.

Your story doesn't fit reality, notice how fewer and fewer religions are being established, mostly medieval relics which inspire awe as the religious have trouble imagining a time without them.

Take Haidar for example, he is a pagan unisexist brought up in a catholic home with muslim parents and a Taoist parapalegic step-brother from a exchange program aimed at improving gay awareness.  Does this make him less logical, I would argue yes.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »
do blacks walk around in shirts and baseball caps claiming they are proud to be a niqqer?

maybe they do and I'm not aware of it (I wouldn't be surprised)

http://www.spreadshirt.com/jesus+freak+t-shirts

LOL.  dude you do understand that those t shirts are made because Christians with a good sense of humor are trying to take a pejorative term used to describe them and make it into a joke right?  the only reason they made the shirts in the first place are that people would call them this to insult them.  They're beating the bully to the punch.  Come on man.  How don't you see that?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
LOL

sounds like you're getting frustrated and are dying to project your beliefs on to me

I've never said I hate christians

I certainly find some of the ways that people choose to interpret and express their beliefs to be repugnant

one example would be Fred Phelps

you hate the republican party.  you see them as inextricably linked to conservative Christians.  so you make it your duty to constantly demean Christians and make them your bitch.  I get it.  but don't try and bullshit me and claim that you don't harbor a good deal of negative feeling towards them as a group.  because you obviously do.  anyone who reads your posts can see that.  you hate just like everyone else hates.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2013, 01:29:13 PM »
you hate the republican party.  you see them as inextricably linked to conservative Christians.  so you make it your duty to constantly demean Christians and make them your bitch.  I get it.  but don't try and bullshit me and claim that you don't harbor a good deal of negative feeling towards them as a group.  because you obviously do.  anyone who reads your posts can see that.  you hate just like everyone else hates.   

if you'd like to provide some of my quotes to support you claims then do so

otherwise stop telling me what I believe

just because I criticize the actions of certain people doesn't mean I hate them, their organization, etc..

If you want to find haters on this board it shouldn't be too hard

just look for the posts with FU !!! ALL CAPS, PROFANITY and actually saying they hate something but stop projecting your beliefs on to me

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2013, 01:43:57 PM »
What you say assumes that everyone who has business experience automatically has common sense. Of course, that's demonstrably not the case. And while people that are left-of-center are likely to have positions that disagree with mine and yours, I don't think that means that none of them have economic commonsense. I know plenty left-of-center people whose economic positions I disagree with but are both successful and have more economic common sense than many right-of-center people I know.

And how do these people feel about what is happening? Are they with Obama or against him when it comes to economic decisions? And if in the position, would they be making the same decisions as the extreme left? Like I said about Carter, he created wealth for himself but does not want the same for his country.

There's people advocating all sorts of stupid ideas - stupidity isn't a left thing or a right thing. Stupid idea should be called out, because stupidity is bad.

Wouldn't that "businessman" automatically be a politician, having had to run for and win the Presidency?

To a certain extent, yes, but when it comes to an economics I would have to say he be making more of a business decision than a political one. I personally like Donald Trumps thinking on this. If Obama was the CEO of a company, he would have been fired a loooong time ago.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2013, 02:12:58 PM »
if you'd like to provide some of my quotes to support you claims then do so

otherwise stop telling me what I believe

just because I criticize the actions of certain people doesn't mean I hate them, their organization, etc..

If you want to find haters on this board it shouldn't be too hard

just look for the posts with FU !!! ALL CAPS, PROFANITY and actually saying they hate something but stop projecting your beliefs on to me

well you sound an awful lot like a conservative defending their position on abortion and gay marriage when liberals accuse them of hating gays and women.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2013, 05:09:42 PM »
Why do liberals feel so empowered to make bigoted remarks against Christians?  I thought you guys were the ones always fighting against hate speech?  

Yet , when you see a Christian politician, "Jesus Freak" is the first thing to come out of your mouth.  And you think nothing of it.  

Mass Media tell you its ok.  that's why.  

Im pretty sure just about every president has been Christian Bear.

Its the nutjobs liberals dont like.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »
Im pretty sure just about every president has been Christian Bear.

Its the nutjobs liberals dont like.

Washington and Jefferson were most likely Deist, maybe others as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »
Washington and Jefferson were most likely Deist, maybe others as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism