Author Topic: Cop writes hilarious letter to Kanye West  (Read 18157 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Cop writes hilarious letter to Kanye West
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2013, 12:46:20 PM »
 :D ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2013, 06:01:31 PM »
The list.. is flawed. Which job is more dangerous.. period.. rancher, ... or soldier? If you say rancher, you're the asshat
Why is it soldiers and cops are determined to convince everyone how dangerous their job is when we all know it isn't that dangerous.  Walking around with a cache of lethal weapons actually makes you the danger to other people.  We get it, such people have a hero complex and want to be perceived as rugged and tough, but the fact is your lowly garbage man or truck driver is taking a far greater risk in his occupation. And yet you never hear them bleating on about how dangerous there job is.  Those drawn to roles like soldier or cop are usually insecure douchebags looking for a power trip.  Sad but True.

I even seen some webpage where some cop was upset that Police weren't in the top 10 dangerous jobs, so he changed it around and made his own list and put cops at Number three.
V

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »
Why is it soldiers and cops are determined to convince everyone how dangerous their job is when we all know it isn't that dangerous.  Walking around with a cache of lethal weapons actually makes you the danger to other people.  We get it, such people have a hero complex and want to be perceived as rugged and tough, but the fact is your lowly garbage man or truck driver is taking a far greater risk in his occupation. And yet you never hear them bleating on about how dangerous there job is.  Those drawn to roles like soldier or cop are usually insecure douchebags looking for a power trip.  Sad but True.

I even seen some webpage where some cop was upset that Police weren't in the top 10 dangerous jobs, so he changed it around and made his own list and put cops at Number three.

Guy I know is a volunteer fire fighter, you would not believe the hero complex. Incredible.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2013, 06:54:15 PM »
The list.. is flawed. Which job is more dangerous.. period.. rancher, ... or soldier? If you say rancher, you're the asshat

Well, the rancher deals with multi-ton animals without a gun, where he has to often stay on the range to run them and live away from modern conveniences for days and weeks at a time,  so yeah... he may have you there.

We get it, you're a cop... You got it tough...

I guess next time you've got a chance to make a list you should go ahead and put yourself up top.

To the point of the original posting... Obviously Kanye is a buffoon and why anyone would even feel they have to compare themselves to him after any statement he makes shows they have their own inferiority complex.

If someone says something ridiculously stupid, you don't have to respond to them and give them any more publicity.

(Go ahead and say something about no longer responding to me... Since my opinions are just stupid anyway... Will save us all some time.)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
Posting on GB is a pretty dangerous job for some.
X

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2013, 09:34:33 PM »
There's a huge difference between a random risk like boat sinking in a storm, and dealing with a upfront risk like an aids carrier with box cutters. One is a background issue, while the other is constantly in your face.

Well said. Stats don't mean shit. E-Kull, you seem very narrow minded and borderline dumb.

Kum-yee-in-my-mouth compared himself to being in "combat". End of the story.
®

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
The letter wasn't hilarious in the first place....

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
Well said. Stats don't mean shit. E-Kull, you seem very narrow minded and borderline dumb.

Kum-yee-in-my-mouth compared himself to being in "combat". End of the story.
Cops and Soldiers aren't doing the most dangerous jobs. Hope this helps.  But we all know the insecure types attracted to those types of jobs want everyone to believe that they are constantly putting themselves in danger. I am constantly amazed how insecure such people are.  This holding up of an illusion, all because they are so deeply insecure they want others to appreciate their faux heroic efforts.  We get it, such people need others to believe their job is dangerous even when it's not really in order to feel good about themselves. Sad and pathetic.

The irony is, the fat pig copper did the exact same thing Kayne did, exaggerate the dangerousness of his profession.  Both are insecure douchebag losers, although I think the cop wins the medal for being the biggest loser.
V

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2013, 11:02:29 PM »

I think we can all agree that E-stooge is an asshat par-excelance'

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2013, 11:20:48 PM »
I think we can all agree that E-stooge is an asshat par-excelance'
Agreed.   (-:]3
V

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
Well, the rancher deals with multi-ton animals without a gun, where he has to often stay on the range to run them and live away from modern conveniences for days and weeks at a time,  so yeah... he may have you there.

We get it, you're a cop... You got it tough...

I guess next time you've got a chance to make a list you should go ahead and put yourself up top.

To the point of the original posting... Obviously Kanye is a buffoon and why anyone would even feel they have to compare themselves to him after any statement he makes shows they have their own inferiority complex.

If someone says something ridiculously stupid, you don't have to respond to them and give them any more publicity.

(Go ahead and say something about no longer responding to me... Since my opinions are just stupid anyway... Will save us all some time.)

Where do I send that check for the space I'm taking up in your head? Apparently, if either of us respond to a post, it's due to that right? The point of any original post, several pages in is most often not what is being talked about at the moment so try and keep up.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
This sounds like one of those things somebody makes up and posts on Facebook to get a lot of "Likes" and "Shares" oh brother

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »
I'm getting really tired of this Kanye west dude......running his mouth, talking non-sense....and why us, as a society keep on caring for brainless, non important shit like this?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2013, 12:27:05 PM »
Kayne is an idiot of monumental proportions, but that cop is a far greater douchebag.  I can't stand the way police think they are doing a dangerous job, when they aren't even in the top ten of dangerous professions.  The only risk that fat pig is taking is the risk of heart disease due to his daily excessive consumption of donuts.  It seems Kayne isn't the only one who likes to PRETEND his job is far more dangerous than it actually is.

The 10 Deadliest Jobs:

1. Logging workers
2. Fishers and related fishing workers
3. Aircraft pilot and flight engineers
4. Roofers
5. Structural iron and steel workers
6. Refuse and recyclable material collectors
7. Electrical power-line installers and repairers
8. Drivers/sales workers and truck drivers
9. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers
10. Construction laborers

Airline Pilots were at the top of this list a few years ago and I used to ask myself what make this job so dangerous, but after learning so much about piloting, I change my mind.... :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »
I am going to lift the shit out of sum barbells tomorrow.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »
The letter wasn't hilarious in the first place....

agreed...apparently our definition of hilarious is different

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »
Every year, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries, outlining the most dangerous jobs in America.  Like clockwork, after the release of the census, a handful of reporters will write a story highlighting the fact that police officers are not at the top of the list.

The underlying implication is that, because criminal justice careers aren't first on the list, perhaps law enforcement officers are not entitled to the enhanced pensions or health benefits they often receive.  That is a debate for another time and another place.

Occupational Fatality Rate

A look at the data, though, is certainly worth a discussion.  The truth of the matter is, no matter where the occupation ranks on the census, law enforcement careers remain dangerous.  In fact, following a historic low of line-of-duty deaths in 2009, on-the-job fatalities for law enforcement officers are again on the upswing.

The Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries is a great source of information, but like all statistics, it's the interpretation of the data that matters.  The census produces a "fatality rate," detailing the number of individuals fatally injured per 100,000 workers.  It also provides a raw number of fatal on-the-job injuries.  Making the top 10 most dangerous jobs for 2010, the most recent year for which data is available, are:

1.Fishers and related fishing workers, at a rate of 116 deaths per 100,000
2.Logging workers, at a rate of 91 deaths per 100,000
3.Aircraft pilots and flight engineers, at a rate of 71 deaths per 100,000
4.Farmers and ranchers, at a rate of 41 deaths per 100,000
5.Mining machine operators, at a rate of 38 deaths per 100,000
6.Roofers, at a rate of 32 deaths per 100,000
7.Refuse and recyclable material collectors, at a rate of 29 deaths per 100,000
8.Drivers / sales workers and truck drivers, at a rate of 21 deaths per 100,000
9.Industrial machinery repair and installation, at a rate of 20 per 100,000
10.Police and sheriff's patrol officers, at a rate of 19 per 100,000

A cursory glance at the rate of fatal injuries looks pretty staggering at first blush, especially for the top-rated professions of fishers, loggers and flight crews.  The problem with basing a presupposition entirely on such a rate is that the data is per capita, meaning that in smaller industries the numbers can become easily skewed.

A Numbers Game?

In the case of fishers and related fishing workers, for example, the fatality rate for 2010 was 116 deaths per 100,000 workers.  The actual number of deaths in the industry, though, was 29.  The same can be said of flight crews, who saw a fatality rate of 70, while the total number of fatalities for the industry was 78.  Compare that to the 133 deaths of law enforcement officers in 2010 or the 177 in 2011.

In these occupations, the smaller number of workers greatly affects the fatality rate; one or two accidents can easily send the rate skyrocketing, while the actual raw numbers may be significantly lower.  If we were to rank dangerous jobs based on raw numbers as a opposed to rates, the list would look like this:

1.Drivers / sales workers and truck drivers - 683
2.Farmers and ranchers - 300
3.Police and sheriff's patrol officers - 133
4.Industrial machinery repair and installation - 96
5.Aircraft pilots and flight engineers - 70
6.Roofers - 57
7.Logging workers - 59
8.Fishers and related fishing workers - 29
9.Refuse and recyclable material collectors - 26
10.Mining machine operators - 23

The Bigger Picture in Ranking Dangerous Jobs

When ordered by raw numbers, the list looks very different.  Numbers, however, still don't tell the whole story.  The simple fact is that there is one glaring difference between law enforcement officers and every other occupation on the list.  Of all the jobs listed, only police officer deaths include a significant number of murders.  That is to say that no one is trying to kill fishers or loggers or refuse collectors.

While traffic related deaths make up a large portion of police fatalities, they do not make up the majority.  Firearms and other felonious causes make up the bulk of line-of-duty deaths.  The bottom line, law enforcement professions are the only career on the list in which being murdered is actually an occupational hazard. 

This point is not at all to diminish the dangers that are inherent in these other professions, but a distinction must be made.  Despite the hundreds and, in some cases thousands, of hours police officers spend in academy training, law enforcement careers remain among the most dangerous professions no matter how you rank them.

Criminal Justice Careers are Still Worth the Risk

Despite the danger, though, careers in criminal justice are both fun and rewarding.  In fact, an argument can be made that it is precisely this element of danger that entices many to the profession to begin with. 

You don't have to be a thrill seeker to enjoy or succeed in law enforcement, though.  Despite the risk, it takes all kinds of people and personality types to make a police department work and to keep a community safe.  With proper and diligent training and a survival state of mind, police officers can greatly reduce their risk of injury or death and live to enjoy a long and rewarding career.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
Painters are safe then.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »
Where do I send that check for the space I'm taking up in your head? Apparently, if either of us respond to a post, it's due to that right? The point of any original post, several pages in is most often not what is being talked about at the moment so try and keep up.

You really are just rambling now, you realize this I'm sure.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 04:44:21 PM »
Every year, the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries, outlining the most dangerous jobs in America.  Like clockwork, after the release of the census, a handful of reporters will write a story highlighting the fact that police officers are not at the top of the list.

The underlying implication is that, because criminal justice careers aren't first on the list, perhaps law enforcement officers are not entitled to the enhanced pensions or health benefits they often receive.  That is a debate for another time and another place.

Occupational Fatality Rate

A look at the data, though, is certainly worth a discussion.  The truth of the matter is, no matter where the occupation ranks on the census, law enforcement careers remain dangerous.  In fact, following a historic low of line-of-duty deaths in 2009, on-the-job fatalities for law enforcement officers are again on the upswing.

The Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries is a great source of information, but like all statistics, it's the interpretation of the data that matters.  The census produces a "fatality rate," detailing the number of individuals fatally injured per 100,000 workers.  It also provides a raw number of fatal on-the-job injuries.  Making the top 10 most dangerous jobs for 2010, the most recent year for which data is available, are:

1.Fishers and related fishing workers, at a rate of 116 deaths per 100,000
2.Logging workers, at a rate of 91 deaths per 100,000
3.Aircraft pilots and flight engineers, at a rate of 71 deaths per 100,000
4.Farmers and ranchers, at a rate of 41 deaths per 100,000
5.Mining machine operators, at a rate of 38 deaths per 100,000
6.Roofers, at a rate of 32 deaths per 100,000
7.Refuse and recyclable material collectors, at a rate of 29 deaths per 100,000
8.Drivers / sales workers and truck drivers, at a rate of 21 deaths per 100,000
9.Industrial machinery repair and installation, at a rate of 20 per 100,000
10.Police and sheriff's patrol officers, at a rate of 19 per 100,000

A cursory glance at the rate of fatal injuries looks pretty staggering at first blush, especially for the top-rated professions of fishers, loggers and flight crews.  The problem with basing a presupposition entirely on such a rate is that the data is per capita, meaning that in smaller industries the numbers can become easily skewed.

A Numbers Game?

In the case of fishers and related fishing workers, for example, the fatality rate for 2010 was 116 deaths per 100,000 workers.  The actual number of deaths in the industry, though, was 29.  The same can be said of flight crews, who saw a fatality rate of 70, while the total number of fatalities for the industry was 78.  Compare that to the 133 deaths of law enforcement officers in 2010 or the 177 in 2011.

In these occupations, the smaller number of workers greatly affects the fatality rate; one or two accidents can easily send the rate skyrocketing, while the actual raw numbers may be significantly lower.  If we were to rank dangerous jobs based on raw numbers as a opposed to rates, the list would look like this:

1.Drivers / sales workers and truck drivers - 683
2.Farmers and ranchers - 300
3.Police and sheriff's patrol officers - 133
4.Industrial machinery repair and installation - 96
5.Aircraft pilots and flight engineers - 70
6.Roofers - 57
7.Logging workers - 59
8.Fishers and related fishing workers - 29
9.Refuse and recyclable material collectors - 26
10.Mining machine operators - 23

The Bigger Picture in Ranking Dangerous Jobs

When ordered by raw numbers, the list looks very different.  Numbers, however, still don't tell the whole story.  The simple fact is that there is one glaring difference between law enforcement officers and every other occupation on the list.  Of all the jobs listed, only police officer deaths include a significant number of murders.  That is to say that no one is trying to kill fishers or loggers or refuse collectors.

While traffic related deaths make up a large portion of police fatalities, they do not make up the majority.  Firearms and other felonious causes make up the bulk of line-of-duty deaths.  The bottom line, law enforcement professions are the only career on the list in which being murdered is actually an occupational hazard. 

This point is not at all to diminish the dangers that are inherent in these other professions, but a distinction must be made.  Despite the hundreds and, in some cases thousands, of hours police officers spend in academy training, law enforcement careers remain among the most dangerous professions no matter how you rank them.

Criminal Justice Careers are Still Worth the Risk

Despite the danger, though, careers in criminal justice are both fun and rewarding.  In fact, an argument can be made that it is precisely this element of danger that entices many to the profession to begin with. 

You don't have to be a thrill seeker to enjoy or succeed in law enforcement, though.  Despite the risk, it takes all kinds of people and personality types to make a police department work and to keep a community safe.  With proper and diligent training and a survival state of mind, police officers can greatly reduce their risk of injury or death and live to enjoy a long and rewarding career.

LOL, you found that douchebag webpage where they couldn't handle reality so they just changed it and made up there own interpretation of the data, putting police at Number 3.  How sad and pathetic.  Determined to convince everyone that there Job is more dangerous than it really is. And this thread was supposed to out Kayne West for being a douchebag because he over evaluated the dangerousness of his job,  Oh Brother, Cops are far higher on the douchebag scale than Kayne.  And KAYNE IS A DOUCHEBAG OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.
V

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2013, 06:39:49 PM »

You've never dealt with relocating 3/4-1 ton bulls who cannot stand the sight of a human huh? I wish I could get some of u city folks on a farm. Large animals and farm machinery are damn sure dangerous.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2013, 07:09:38 PM »
If a woman has no problem being a police officer, the job isn't that dangerous.
V

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2013, 08:32:19 PM »
If a woman has no problem being a police officer, the job isn't that dangerous.

I admire your attempt for witty provocation. However, you forgot about lesbians.
®

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2013, 10:05:35 PM »
You really are just rambling now, you realize this I'm sure.

Why are you two feuding? Ag always seemed to be a pretty decent, smart guy to me.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2013, 10:33:55 PM »
Why are you two feuding? Ag always seemed to be a pretty decent, smart guy to me.

I think he doesn't like the fact that I don't like cops. That's all I can come up with.

We actually agree on a lot of things, but he seems to take issue with the fact that I don't think cops are "special".

That's just how it goes.