Author Topic: Australia of Peace...  (Read 37152 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Australia of Peace...
« Reply #200 on: January 04, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »
I've been robbed three times and another time I was home when I had three home invaders.  How does that make one a gun proponent?
Sounds like you should move to another part of Australia, Luke...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2014, 12:21:59 PM »
I've been robbed three times and another time I was home when I had three home invaders.  How does that make one a gun proponent?

Wow sounds like banning guns made Australia real safe  ::) we should follow your blueprint

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2014, 12:24:17 PM »

lol of course you have. There's no deterrent.
®

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »
Wow sounds like banning guns made Australia real safe  ::) we should follow your blueprint

Haha yes.  Keeping guns available in America has virtually eradicated violent crime here

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »
Haha yes.  Keeping guns available in America has virtually eradicated violent crime here

2.5 million crimes are prevented per year due to legally owned guns are the end-all-be-all solution? NO but it's better than the alternative.

Incidents in the year 2010 per 100,000 population
Homicide:
U.S.  4.8
UK (includes Northern Ireland)  1.2
Australia 1.0
Sweden 1.0
Rape:
U.S.  27.3
UK (England and Wales)  28.8
Australia 88.4
Sweden   63.5
Assault
U.S.  250.9
U.K. (England and Wales)  664.4
Australia   766
Sweden   936.6
Scotland 1449.7

Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
Note: UNODC data and those of the Australian government do not agree. For Australian rates of Assault and Rape, I have relied on the report issued by the Australian Institute of Criminology

Congrats UK and AU you banned guns , now your rape and assault rates supersede ours  :D

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2014, 12:35:45 PM »
2.5 million crimes are prevented per year due to legally owned guns are the end-all-be-all solution? NO but it's better than the alternative.

Incidents in the year 2010 per 100,000 population
Homicide:
U.S.  4.8
UK (includes Northern Ireland)  1.2
Australia 1.0
Sweden 1.0
Rape:
U.S.  27.3
UK (England and Wales)  28.8
Australia 88.4
Sweden   63.5
Assault
U.S.  250.9
U.K. (England and Wales)  664.4
Australia   766
Sweden   936.6
Scotland 1449.7

Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
Note: UNODC data and those of the Australian government do not agree. For Australian rates of Assault and Rape, I have relied on the report issued by the Australian Institute of Criminology

Congrats UK and AU you banned guns , now your rape and assault rates supersede ours  :D
®

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »

:D

I see this little gem brought up from time to time....where did you get this stat?  How did they compile the data?

Seems like a dubious number

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2014, 12:40:31 PM »
I honestly think he doesn't want anyone to have guns because he fears what he would do with one , it's projecting. He can't wrap his head around that fact people on average use firearms 2.5 million times a year defensively to protect themselves and their families and property

* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. [1] This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives. [2]

* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.[3]

* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.[4]

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.[5]

* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).[6] And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."[7]

* Handguns are the weapon of choice for self-defense. Citizens use handguns to protect themselves over 1.9 million times a year. [8] Many of these self-defense handguns could be labeled as "Saturday Night Specials."

Brilliant logic , lets ban guns and save 10 victims and create 2.5 Million more  ::)

Fifty-five million kids went to school on the day that 20 were massacred at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut. Even in the United States, therefore, the chances of a child’s dying in a school shooting are remote. As my friend Steven Pinker demonstrates in his monumental study of human violence, The Better Angels of Our Nature, our perception of danger is easily distorted by rare events. Is gun violence increasing in the United States? No. But it certainly seems to be when one recalls recent atrocities in Newtown and Aurora. In fact, the overall rate of violent crime has fallen by 22 percent in the past decade (and 18 percent in the past five years).

This is what all these people suffer from , a perception of danger that is distorted , it's like every year when the summer comes and a Great White attacks and people freak out about all the shark attacks when in fact it's usually one of two a year ( in America )

E-Kul is exactly like the fundamentalist Christians he rails about , he is every bit like them , delusional , uneducated , blindly following the anti-gun dogma and wont listen to reason and facts. He's just to blinded to see it.
Still posting reams of propaganda I see.  You forgot this one .  And you Nutters forget, I live in Australia, where guns are never an issue, the majority don't care about them, they are never talked about or discussed.  Guns are a complete non-issue.  If the government made them compulsory a large majority still wouldn't comply.  What's considered normal in America is right wing extremism here.  Australians simply do not give a flying fuck about being able to own a gun.  In terms of political issues it is on par with how much meat can you put in a meat pie before it is considered a meat pie.

V

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #208 on: January 04, 2014, 12:43:42 PM »
Still posting reams of propaganda I see.  You forgot this one.  You Nutters forget, I live in Australia, where guns are never an issue, the majority don't care about them, they are never talked about or discussed.  Guns are a complete non-issue.  If the government made them compulsory a large majority still wouldn't comply.  What's considered normal in America is right wing extremism here.  Australians simply do not give a flying fuck about beign ableto own a gun.  In terms of political issues it is on par with how much meat can you put in a meat pie before it is considered a meat pie.

Many of your compatriots disagree with you, over and over. But I'm sure you believe it. Calling anyone a "nutter" just shows how bias your argument is.
®

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: January 04, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
Many of your compatriots disagree with you, over and over. But I'm sure you believe it. Calling anyone a "nutter" just shows how bias your argument is.
I have lived here 40 years dickhead.  Nobody, and I mean nobody ever talks about GUNS.  Even in the lead up to an ELECTION, it never gets talked about.  Every now and again some Gun Nutters come out of the woodwork and they are laughed at and they retreat straight back to their foxhole.  Nobody takes them seriously.  The only time guns are mentioned is in relation to organised crime or whenever America has another mass shooting, and then the conversations goes around for about a week about how crazy americans are and why are they so obsessed with guns, this is followed by gratitude to how safe we are here and the effectiveness of our gun laws.  That's about the only time Australians talk about guns.
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »
Still posting reams of propaganda I see.  You forgot this one .  And you Nutters forget, I live in Australia, where guns are never an issue, the majority don't care about them, they are never talked about or discussed.  Guns are a complete non-issue.  If the government made them compulsory a large majority still wouldn't comply.  What's considered normal in America is right wing extremism here.  Australians simply do not give a flying fuck about being able to own a gun.  In terms of political issues it is on par with how much meat can you put in a meat pie before it is considered a meat pie.

Australians don't care about guns , they care Americans who own them  ;)

Still denying facts I see? Keep preaching fundamentalist  :D

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2014, 12:50:59 PM »
I have lived here 40 years dickhead.  Nobody, and I mean nobody ever talks about GUNS.  Even in the lead up to an ELECTION, it never gets talked about.  Every now and again some Gun Nutters come out of the woodwork and they are laughed at and they retreat straight back to their foxhole.  Nobody takes them seriously.

No need for name calling chief. It's your view and you're free to believe it. It's just very distorted and untrue. You're lying to yourself to feel more secure.

The 12yo girl from 2 blocks down called. She said she'll mug your ass as soon as you step out.
®

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2014, 12:53:02 PM »
:D

I see this little gem brought up from time to time....where did you get this stat?  How did they compile the data?

Seems like a dubious number

Why does it seem dubious? https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm

Even the Clinton gun grabbing administration admits guns are used to defend much more than abused

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.[5]

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »
No need for name calling chief. It's your view and you're free to believe it. It's just very distorted and untrue. You're lying to yourself to feel more secure.

The 12yo girl from 2 blocks down called. She said she'll mug your ass as soon as you step out.
Now you are trying to tell someone what their own Country is like.  The only time guns are mentioned is in relation to organised crime or whenever America has another mass shooting, and then the conversations goes around for about a week about how crazy americans are and why are they so obsessed with guns, this is followed by gratitude to how safe we are here and the effectiveness of our gun laws.  That's about the only time Australians talk about guns.  I worked with the public for many years and never once had a conversation about guns.

We don't need to lie to ourselves to feel more secure, we are more secure.  We haven;t experienced Islamic terror attacks, we don;t have mass shootings and our annual homicide rate is equivalent to America's weekly homicide rate.  No need to lie.  The only one who has a need to lie is Americans, that's why the paint flalse pictures of other peoples cultures.  This is the nature of addiction, those who are obsessed will point the finger everywhere else and try and accuse everyone else of being just as bad if not worse.  The fact is, we don't have the problem America does.  We don't have 5 year olds being murdered at school vy crazed gunmen.  If we did, we sure as shit would do something about it.  We live in a culture that values children over guns. Simple as THAT !
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »
Now you are trying to tell someone what their own Country is like.  The only time guns are mentioned is in relation to organised crime or whenever America has another mass shooting, and then the conversations goes around for about a week about how crazy americans are and why are they so obsessed with guns, this is followed by gratitude to how safe we are here and the effectiveness of our gun laws.  That's about the only time Australians talk about guns.  I worked with the public for many years and never once had a conversation about guns.

We don't need to lie to ourselves to feel more secure, we are more secure.  We haven;t experienced Islamic terror attacks, we don;t have mass shootings and our annual homicide rate is equivalent to America's weekly homicide rate.  No need to lie.  The only one who has a need to lie is Americans, that's why the paint flalse pictures of other peoples cultures.  This is the nature of addiction, those who are obsessed will point the finger everywhere else and try and accuse everyone else of being just as bad if not worse.  The fact is, we don't have the problem America does.  We don't have 5 year olds being murdered at school vy crazed gunmen.  If we did, we sure as shit would do something about it.  We live in a culture that values children over guns. Simple as THAT !

Sounds like you need to take another break from here dude  :-\

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »

Meltdown of peace.
®

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2014, 01:02:35 PM »

Does Australia still exist?  I thought they cancelled it after the popularity of Crocodile Dundee faded. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »
Why does it seem dubious? https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm
ROFL.  That's one of the funniest lines I have read on getbig for a while.  Like suggesting smoking improves lung function and then linking it to a study funded by the Tobacco Companies.  I think in logical fallacy terms it's called False attribution.  Their vested interest and bias makes it highly likely they are telling porky pies.
V

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
Does Australia still exist?  I thought they cancelled it after the popularity of Crocodile Dundee faded. 

They brought it back when Steve Irwin was at his peak, then a stingray cancelled it.

booty brought it back on E channel.
®

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2014, 01:06:48 PM »
They brought it back when Steve Irwin was at his peak, then a stingray cancelled it.

booty brought it back on E channel.

Countries biggest hero gets taken out by a fish.  Lol. 

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »
Countries biggest hero gets taken out by a fish.  Lol. 

E-kul tried to commit suicide recently, lack of gun, he stood in the water for 30mins. Nothing happened so he walked back home (got mugged 3 times at stick point), logged back on getbig. here we are.
®

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
ROFL.  That's one of the funniest lines I have read on getbig for a while.  Like suggesting smoking improves lung function and then linking it to a study funded by the Tobacco Companies.  I think in logical fallacy terms it's called False attribution.  Their vested interest and bias makes it highly likely they are telling porky pies.

And yet the vested interest in the ANTI-GUN lobby don't?  ::) hypocrite much?

This is from the ANTI-GUN lobby , your ' point of view ' is considered redundant.  ;)

WHAT YOU?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2014, 01:13:53 PM »
E-kul tried to commit suicide recently, lack of gun, he stood in the water for 30mins. Nothing happened so he walked back home (got mugged 3 times at stick point), logged back on getbig. here we are.

Were the muggers packing a limb or a hickory switch?

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2014, 01:17:22 PM »

Actually it was a cricket stick, not sure if they were really robbing him or just heading to the park for a fun game.  E-Kul did not take any chances, threw his wallet at them and went fetal on the ground. Afterall this is the right to do.
®

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »

they shoved a dugereedoo up his ass

he liked it
K