Author Topic: What's it like being a father?  (Read 8638 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: What's it like being a father?
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2013, 08:32:13 AM »
My wife is a nurse practitioner. So that doesn't help matters. She has been a total wreck over this. This subject has dominated our entire lives over the past 5 days. It's crazy.

If she wants to breast feed, tell her to stick with it and use the pump. It took about four days for my wife's to come in, and we had to supplement with formula because it was barely anything coming out. She just stopped a few weeks ago, made it eight months, but work just got too hectic for her to continue.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:20 AM »
My two cents, and there is no right or wrong answer, but I'll give you my experience.

With my daughter, we gave into the whole breastfeeding pressures that many new parents do, and it wasn't working well.  Tried the whole tube on the finger thing, etc...but my daughter was starving.  After a month, finally, in a moment of clarity while using that tube, I ripped it off my finger and told my wife to get the bottle, and I didn't give a shit.   Daughter guzzled 4-5 oz and we never looked back.  She started gaining weight like a beast and was all good after that.

My son had cholic, and I can sympathize with anyone for those first three months (slept in  a car seat instead of a bed every night for 2 months).   We tried a bunch of things, then finally, while listening to a hippie NP talk about options while covered in puke holding my son  - I said give me them all - new special formula, zantac etc.....he became a different kid.

I understand both sides of the equation when in terms of BF vs bottle, etc....but eventually, you have to do what works for you, your baby, and your sanity.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2013, 08:39:24 AM »
Check it out and beware of the spinal surgeons. The efficacy of spinal fusions and those types of procedures is very much in question.

Hope she feels better. Let me know if u need anything.
cholo thanks which is rare for me in regards to my wife ,i'm the physical one 'appearance'wise lol,,my wife is ivy league graduate she takes me for face value,i told her about the book and name she googles it around taking care of 2 sick kids and 3rd home on winter break and bought it,,so thanks again amigo...

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »
Being a father is awesome.
Best thing ever happen to me.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
My two cents, and there is no right or wrong answer, but I'll give you my experience.

With my daughter, we gave into the whole breastfeeding pressures that many new parents do, and it wasn't working well.  Tried the whole tube on the finger thing, etc...but my daughter was starving.  After a month, finally, in a moment of clarity while using that tube, I ripped it off my finger and told my wife to get the bottle, and I didn't give a shit.   Daughter guzzled 4-5 oz and we never looked back.  She started gaining weight like a beast and was all good after that.

My son had cholic, and I can sympathize with anyone for those first three months (slept in  a car seat instead of a bed every night for 2 months).   We tried a bunch of things, then finally, while listening to a hippie NP talk about options while covered in puke holding my son  - I said give me them all - new special formula, zantac etc.....he became a different kid.

I understand both sides of the equation when in terms of BF vs bottle, etc....but eventually, you have to do what works for you, your baby, and your sanity.

my boy would only sleep crooked in my arm

i survived on about 2-3 hours sleep for about 7 months

fuck knows how i got through it but you do
T

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »
The first 6 months are brutal and I honestly don't think you can ever be ready for it..
No matter what people tell you, there's no way to prepare for the sacrifice,unconditional love,sleep deprivation,relationship stress,or the rewarding feeling when your child is sleeping in your arms that makes it all worth it.

You only know when you've been there.

Peace

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »
Just became a pops to a baby girl on christmas morning at 6am. 9 pound girl. I cried like a baby when she came out. Not sure why I got so emotional but I sure did.

Guys I am not going to lie I am very tired. When does it get better?

Awww....congrats!!!  :)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »

Guys I am not going to lie I am very tired. When does it get better?

when they go to school....

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
I'm with Wiggs...I'm the same age and am yet to have a child.

I'm curious as well.....but "ready" so to speak.

I can hardly wait to experience motherhood!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
Wow, everyone on here I know is a dad. My boy is 15 months now. Some trying times and phases but overall incredibly rewarding.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »
I love being a dad.  Until my daughter was born (she is 10 now), I never changed a diaper ever. We traveled a ton, went out a lot, and drank a lot more...

Now, with two kids (also a son who is 7), things changed, but I enjoy it immensely.  This weekend was nothing but family.  Skylanders, Infinity (we collect both of them, and have over 130 figures), and Rainbow Loom (yes, kids like it), and your perspective on things change.

It is not easy at all.  You have to be much more responsible, and expenses are higher, but in the balance of life, it is great.

130 figures. Impressie, my 5 year old daughter found in  a store that disney infinity so i had to buy it and she loves it. But the downside is that i cant stop bying one figure or two everytime im in a store that sells them lol

Antithesis

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 07:31:40 PM »
When a decent man becomes a father he learns to love something more than himself for the first time in his life.  No matter what you read or what you're told you will never really know until that moment comes for you.  Life changing brother.

dustin

« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »
In the last little while my daughter's started smiling a lot more. It melts my cold fucking heart every time. ;D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2013, 10:52:30 PM »
I got 4.

It's tough but these shits don't get how meaningful it feels.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2013, 11:05:38 PM »
ask anabolichalo.

... no, wait. nevermind.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2013, 11:20:50 PM »
I have to be honest... a lot of guys say it's fulfulling and such, Not really.

Sure you love your kids but that's a given. If you like your life now and love youself, it's not the best idea to get kids because society demands it.

You have to be 100 % ready to sacrifice a LOT of things you like to do as a single man in order to a. maintain a relationship and b. raise kids.

Wouldn't recommend it.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2013, 11:38:40 PM »
Quote from: Don Draper
I only ever wanted to be the man who loves children. But from the moment they’re born, that baby comes out and you act proud and excited, hand out cigars. But you don’t feel anything. Especially if you had a difficult childhood. You want to love them but you don’t. And the fact that you’re faking that feeling makes you wonder if your own father had the same problem. Then one day they get older, and you see them do something and you feel that feeling that you were pretending to have. And it feels like your heart is going to explode.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2013, 11:54:25 PM »

Wow sad shit... someone needs therapy. Not normal.
®

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »
Wow sad shit... someone needs therapy. Not normal.

For some love is different....I too don't having the warm and fuzzy love....more of a duty to serve and protect kind, hard to explain

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
For some love is different....I too don't having the warm and fuzzy love....more of a duty to serve and protect kind, hard to explain

I can sympathize. Its impossible to feel any kind of emotion at its fullest intensity all the time.  For a good portion of he time I feel the duty you refer to but I also feel tremendous amounts of love when they hug and kiss daddy or when they succeed at something they been trying to figure out. Seeing a child's face light up is wonderful feeling.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »
me too. I never got that instant warm fuzzy feeling.... I kiterally felt nothing for the 1st six to 8 months... now im feeling things but its hard to describe them.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »
me too. I never got that instant warm fuzzy feeling.... I kiterally felt nothing for the 1st six to 8 months... now im feeling things but its hard to describe them.

Future serial killer outing.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »
It's a full time job avoiding those bitches.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »
 I love my daughter. She is my life.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2013, 10:48:32 AM »