Author Topic: Ex-Homeland Chief Napolitano: No Mercy for Edward Snowden  (Read 12538 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Ex-Homeland Chief Napolitano: No Mercy for Edward Snowden
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »
To me it does.  These treasonous criminals in public office would never have told the truth on their own accord but for him.

I agree they likely would never told the truth about the NSA spying, but that doesn't outweigh the damage he did to our national security.  And then to go work with other countries to give them our secrets?  He should be shot. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 08:58:26 PM »
I agree they likely would never told the truth about the NSA spying, but that doesn't outweigh the damage he did to our national security.  And then to go work with other countries to give them our secrets?  He should be shot. 

Your national security was damaged the Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act into place. It was further damaged the day you allowed AIPAC to sway your politicians to put another nation's interests over it's own. Your national security was damaged the day your country put the Patriot Act in place and shredded the Constitution. Your national security was damaged when your country squandered the national treasury to invade other countries on false flag pretenses, indebting your citizens, your children & grandchildren to come into indentured servitude to private bankers. What Chutzpah!
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2014, 09:40:17 PM »

I think it does outweigh the damage he's done by thousands of miles... There's a very good chance we could lose our Republic if the NSA continued down the path they were/are on. 

I'm not even sure of any damage he's done?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 09:47:05 PM »
I think it does outweigh the damage he's done by thousands of miles... There's a very good chance we could lose our Republic if the NSA continued down the path they were/are on. 

You've already lost your Republic, ...the question is, can you get it back?
w

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 09:50:31 PM »
You've already lost your Republic, ...the question is, can you get it back?

I wouldn't go that far, because the system is still mostly in place. Especially at the State and Local level. It's mainly just being abused.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 04:53:17 AM »
I wouldn't go that far, because the system is still mostly in place. Especially at the State and Local level. It's mainly just being abused.

No money, in debt beyond the present generation, Patriot Act, Constitution turned into confetti, NDAA, Journalists with Stockholm Syndrome, corporations more powerful than gov't... If that's a Republic, ...perhaps you might want to give a Communist Dictatorship a try?  ::)
w

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 06:23:47 PM »
;D

Personally - I don't have a problem with what he did.  The govt spying on its citizens and lying about it?  Breaking the 4th amendment, putting us into an Orwellian state of feasr over the police state and snowden is the enemy? 

This. It's also clear that some unthinking turds here can't see 'Murica setting a foot wrong.

They'll support anything and everything their 'Murica does

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 07:06:50 PM »
Your national security was damaged the Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act into place. It was further damaged the day you allowed AIPAC to sway your politicians to put another nation's interests over it's own. Your national security was damaged the day your country put the Patriot Act in place and shredded the Constitution. Your national security was damaged when your country squandered the national treasury to invade other countries on false flag pretenses, indebting your citizens, your children & grandchildren to come into indentured servitude to private bankers. What Chutzpah!

Ok.  Thanks. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 07:09:06 PM »

Read the posts in this thread and others about Snowden.  They outline the damage he has done. 

We were not going to "lose the Republic."  I'm not even sure what you mean by that?  The spying needed to stop, but it could have been stopped without him disclosing secrets to countries around the planet that had absolutely nothing to do with the NSA spying on Americans. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2014, 07:19:21 PM »
Truth.

Bill Gates: Edward Snowden Is Not a Hero
Friday, 14 Mar 2014
By Cathy Burke

National Security Agency secrets-leaker Edward Snowden is no hero, according to Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.

"I think he broke the law,” Gates told Rolling Stone in an interview published in its latest issue.

“I certainly wouldn't characterize him as a hero. If he wanted to raise the issues and stay in the country and engage in civil disobedience or something of that kind, or if he had been careful in terms of what he had released, then it would fit more of the model of 'OK, I'm really trying to improve things.'

“You won't find much admiration from me."

Gates said “there has to be a debate” about government surveillance,“but the specific techniques they use become unavailable if they're discussed in detail.”

“So the debate needs to be about the general notion of under what circumstances should they be allowed to do things,” he said, adding:

“Should surveillance be usable for petty crimes like jaywalking or minor drug possession?

Or is there a higher threshold for certain information? Those aren't easy questions.”

Gates conceded issues of personal privacy are complicated, but that in some cases, “cameras everywhere” can be a good thing.

“My personal view is having cameras in inner cities is a very good thing,” he said, saying petty crime in London has gone down,and asserting “They catch terrorists because of it.”

“And if something really bad happens, most of the time you can figure out who did it,” he said. “There's a general view there that it's not used to invade privacy in some way. Yet in an American city, in order to take advantage of that in the same way, you have to trust what this information is going to be used for.”

He also said it’s no secret there’s no secrets.

“Every phone number you dial, every credit-card charge you make –it's long since passed that a typical person doesn't leave footprints,” he said. “But we need explicit rules... society does have an overriding interest in some activities, like, ‘Am I gathering nuclear-weapons plans, and am I going to kill millions of people?’ If we think there's an increasing chance of that, who do you trust? I actually wish we were having more intense debates about these things.”

Last July, the Guardian reported Microsoft had aided the NSA and FBI in accessing user data, including providing video and audio conversations from Skype, Microsoft's video chat service.

A Der Spiegel report in December also found that the NSA would use fake Windows error messages to spy on people.

Last year, Microsoft executives reportedly had meetings to discuss how to better encrypt user data and pledged in court they would fight any government requests for data of foreign customers.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/bill-gates-edward-snowden-security/2014/03/14/id/559713#ixzz2wHE0qZCz

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2014, 10:46:38 PM »
Read the posts in this thread and others about Snowden.  They outline the damage he has done. 

We were not going to "lose the Republic."  I'm not even sure what you mean by that?  The spying needed to stop, but it could have been stopped without him disclosing secrets to countries around the planet that had absolutely nothing to do with the NSA spying on Americans. 

That's fair enough.

You hold the same vitriol against your government for the lies and spying I hope?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2014, 12:24:31 AM »
Truth.

Bill Gates: Edward Snowden Is Not a Hero
Friday, 14 Mar 2014
By Cathy Burke

National Security Agency secrets-leaker Edward Snowden is no hero, according to Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.

"I think he broke the law,” Gates told Rolling Stone in an interview published in its latest issue.

Looks to me like Snowden wasn't the only one who broke the law.

Seems a lot of laws and a few promises were broken by quite a few people.

The Constitution is supposed to be the highest law in the land.

Seems to me the 4th Amendment to it got broken shredded, irretrievably ripped into tiny little pieces scattered into garbage pails all over the country (similar to that 911 Air Traffic Control audio tape)

"I promise to faithfully execute the laws on this land, ...uphold the Constitution, and protect it from all enemies both foreign & domestic... yada yada yada... how's that been working out so far?

Then there's willfully lying to a Congressional oversight committee? Is that against the law too?

Let's not even mention the "Whistle-blower Laws" that's supposed to protect gov't workers who blow the whistle on gov't misconduct. Do we see THAT law being upheld, or do we see Gov't wanting to rip out Snowden's heart and eat it while it's still beating?

What about the various Nuremburg laws forbidding naked aggressive wars against countries that didn't attack you first?

Sounds to me like there's been a whole lot of lawbreaking and complicitous "mission creep" taking place.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
That's fair enough.

You hold the same vitriol against your government for the lies and spying I hope?

I was very upset about the NSA spying on Americans.  I'm also very upset over Snowden being a traitor. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2014, 10:47:50 AM »
Looks to me like Snowden wasn't the only one who broke the law.

Seems a lot of laws and a few promises were broken by quite a few people.

The Constitution is supposed to be the highest law in the land.

Seems to me the 4th Amendment to it got broken shredded, irretrievably ripped into tiny little pieces scattered into garbage pails all over the country (similar to that 911 Air Traffic Control audio tape)

"I promise to faithfully execute the laws on this land, ...uphold the Constitution, and protect it from all enemies both foreign & domestic... yada yada yada... how's that been working out so far?

Then there's willfully lying to a Congressional oversight committee? Is that against the law too?

Let's not even mention the "Whistle-blower Laws" that's supposed to protect gov't workers who blow the whistle on gov't misconduct. Do we see THAT law being upheld, or do we see Gov't wanting to rip out Snowden's heart and eat it while it's still beating?

What about the various Nuremburg laws forbidding naked aggressive wars against countries that didn't attack you first?

Sounds to me like there's been a whole lot of lawbreaking and complicitous "mission creep" taking place.

You mix fact and fiction quite bit.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 04:50:04 PM »
You mix fact and fiction quite bit.

Where's the fact?

Where's the fiction?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 05:25:45 PM »
Where's the fact?

Where's the fiction?

This is fiction:  "Seems to me the 4th Amendment to it got broken shredded, irretrievably ripped into tiny little pieces scattered into garbage pails all over the country (similar to that 911 Air Traffic Control audio tape)"

So is this:  "What about the various Nuremburg laws forbidding naked aggressive wars against countries that didn't attack you first?"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »
NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander says future Snowden leaks could lead to deaths
Published March 25, 2014
FoxNews.com

The data that National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden's holds could, if released, lead to deaths, the agency's outgoing director says.

Gen. Keith Alexander said in an interview aired Tuesday on "Special Report with Bret Baier" that the possibility that more information coming from Snowden could cost people their lives represents his "greatest concern."

"Do you know what he has?" host Baier asked the general.

"We have a good assessment of what he has, yes," Alexander said.

"And is there a lot more damaging to come?"

"Yes, especially to our military operations and those who are serving overseas," Alexander replied.

Alexander said he was "hugely disappointed" when he learned that Snowden, who was entrusted with sensitive information, began leaking NSA data last summer.

"I think this will haunt him for the rest of his life," Alexander said. "Here's a young guy who made some huge mistakes."

When asked what he would do with Snowden were he granted 15 minutes alone with him, Alexander said he wouldn't attack the former analyst, but instead might reveal to him the damage he's caused the agency, "so he knows the damage -- the significant damage to our nation and to our allies."

Alexander also said the reforms pushed by President Obama, which would require the NSA to prove more direct links from terrorists before acquiring data from telephone companies, are sensible.

"The approach that we put forward ... is one that would limit what we get, so it does away with the business record FISA database as we know it today, and we would now work with the telecommunications company on specific numbers that have a terrorist nexus and get only that data," Alexander said. "This is an approach that I think meets the intent of protecting our civil liberties and privacy and the security of this country."

Also in the interview, Alexander addressed concerns raised by former President Carter, who on Sunday said he uses snail mail to communicate with foreign leaders for fear his emails are being monitored.

"We're not [monitoring the emails]," Alexander said. "So he can now go back to writing emails. The reality is, we don't do that. And if we did, it would be illegal and we'd be ... held accountable and responsible."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/25/nsa-director-to-jimmy-carter-agency-not-spying-on-your-emails/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:30 PM »
NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander says future Snowden leaks could lead to deaths
Published March 25, 2014
FoxNews.com

Never would have expected him to say that...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 06:59:07 PM »
Never would have expected him to say that...

"outgoing director"

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 07:02:31 PM »
"outgoing director"

Doesn't he still need to defend things that happened under his watch? He's still in the military.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 07:08:27 PM »
Doesn't he still need to defend things that happened under his watch? He's still in the military.

Not really.  No need to defend an agency you no longer work for.  Plus he's either retiring or is already retired. 

And he's a four star general.  He can pretty much say whatever the heck he wants now (as a retiree). 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »
And that's partly why you were a lousy president.

Jimmy Carter: If I Were President, I Would Consider Pardoning Snowden
by Josh Feldman | 6:22 pm, April 3rd, 2014

Jimmy Carter said in an interview with BBC Newsnight Thursday that if he were still president, he would very strongly consider issuing Edward Snowden a presidential pardon, in contrast with the defiant tone President Obama‘s struck on Snowden’s actions.

Carter acknowledged that Snowden clearly violated the law, but if he was in the White House right now, he wouldn’t be so quick to go along with a harsh sentence against him.

“If he comes home, if he’s tried, if he’s found guilty, if he was incarcerated, and I was president… then I would certainly consider giving him a pardon. But it would be based on the fact that the punishment, in my opinion, exceeded the harm that he did to our country.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jimmy-carter-if-i-were-president-i-would-consider-pardoning-snowden/#ooid=kxY2FvbDonV9FMp7lzgGAZCyBFp4FZ5B

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »
"I'm very upset by this traitor except for the parts that embarrassed obama, he's a hero for that part" - Conflicted Getbiggers.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

A lot of my Marine friends said the same thing.. who cares if he puts us at risk, our job is to be at risk, our governments job is to protect the citizens rights and freedoms.

Incredibly well said.  I'm in awe (and will be stealing this to use on other forums).

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 06:31:42 PM »
Incredibly well said.  I'm in awe (and will be stealing this to use on other forums).

Yeah, I agree... Really cool

Makes you feel better about things