Author Topic: Ex-Homeland Chief Napolitano: No Mercy for Edward Snowden  (Read 12534 times)

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
Re: Ex-Homeland Chief Napolitano: No Mercy for Edward Snowden
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »
Anyone who willingly gives classified documents or information about US programs to another country is a traitor.  That has nothing to do with the US Constitution.  If he would have stoped at the Gov spying on its citizens, he would be a hero.  But he crossed the line.  Offering to helf germany and Brazil?  That is a US hero?   I think not. No Russia OWNS him, until they have every ounce of intel, then it's the "accident".

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »
Anyone who willingly gives classified documents or information about US programs to another country is a traitor.  That has nothing to do with the US Constitution.  If he would have stoped at the Gov spying on its citizens, he would be a hero.  But he crossed the line.  Offering to helf germany and Brazil?  That is a US hero?   I think not. No Russia OWNS him, until they have every ounce of intel, then it's the "accident".

He only gave away information of crimes that should have never been classified to begin with though.

The NSA is as much of a friend to the American people as Pakistan is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »
Anyone who willingly gives classified documents or information about US programs to another country is a traitor.  That has nothing to do with the US Constitution.  If he would have stoped at the Gov spying on its citizens, he would be a hero.  But he crossed the line.  Offering to helf germany and Brazil?  That is a US hero?   I think not. No Russia OWNS him, until they have every ounce of intel, then it's the "accident".

I agree.  Is this my gimmick??   :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »
He only gave away information of crimes that should have never been classified to begin with though.

The NSA is as much of a friend to the American people as Pakistan is.

Not true.  He told a number of other countries that we were spying on them.  You think we should just put up a website that identifies all the countries we spy on? 

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
Did you go through every single document to make sure? did he?  What difference does it make anyway?  Why help other countries? I say again, what does that have to do with the Constitution?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2014, 02:58:03 PM »
Not true.  He told a number of other countries that we were spying on them.  You think we should just put up a website that identifies all the countries we spy on? 

WE weren't spying on them, rogue criminals at the NSA were.

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2014, 03:05:02 PM »
I am all for whistleblowers exposing greed, corruption , and abuse by any government agency, but he crossed that line.  Now he is hiding out at that beacon of Freedom and civil liberties, Russia, who just invaded a foriegn country and annexed it.  How fitting.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »
Did you go through every single document to make sure? did he?  What difference does it make anyway?  Why help other countries? I say again, what does that have to do with the Constitution?

I honestly don't believe he helped other countries. The news that's come out so far tells us that all he's done is set us on the right track to ending a rogue government origination that's a major threat to our freedom and democracy.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »
I am all for whistleblowers exposing greed, corruption , and abuse by any government agency, but he crossed that line.  Now he is hiding out at that beacon of Freedom and civil liberties, Russia, who just invaded a foriegn country and annexed it.  How fitting.

It seems kind of fitting to me. Russia is the only major country that isn't giving up their sovereignty to the globalist world elite. Obama is more interested in funding the UN global military then funding the US military. I just posted an article about it. An undemocratic minority egged on by the globalists overthrew the democraticly elected government of Ukraine, and the people of Crimea exercised their natural right to secede.

Moscow is certainly no friend of ours don't get me wrong, but Washington DC isn't much better nowadays.

just my opinion...

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2014, 03:21:45 PM »
"exercised their natural right to secede"?  After Russian troops had taken it already?  That vote was a joke.  If it would have happened in the natural course of the Ukraines development, then i would agree.  But that is like the US invading cuba and then they vote to become part of the US.  And BTW, Putin went from KGB agent  to a billionare.  Yeah, he is a shinning example for all. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2014, 03:23:43 PM »
"exercised their natural right to secede"?  After Russian troops had taken it already?  That vote was a joke.  If it would have happened in the natural course of the Ukraines development, then i would agree.  But that is like the US invading cuba and then they vote to become part of the US.  And BTW, Putin went from KGB agent  to a billionare.  Yeah, he is a shinning example for all.  

If the government of Cuba was overthrown by a minority of neo nazis being supported by Russia we would likely send in some troops as well.

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2014, 03:25:27 PM »
"I honestly don't believe he helped other countries"? How did germany know the NSA was spying on them?  He told them!  Why?  Does that help the US in anyway?  You cannot let you disdain for the Gov blind you to the point that you agree with anyone that harms the US GOV, ultimately, it that weakens the nation.  

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2014, 03:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the discussion, I enjoyed it.  Have a good one.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
"I honestly don't believe he helped other countries"? How did germany know the NSA was spying on them?  He told them!  Why?  Does that help the US in anyway?  You cannot let you disdain for the Gov blind you to the point that you agree with anyone that harms the US GOV, ultimately, it that weakens the nation.  

Legitimate government entities are in a stronger position now to try rein in these rogue agencies. Only good can come of shining some light on so much criminal activity.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
Thanks for the discussion, I enjoyed it.  Have a good one.

Later, thanks!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2014, 11:10:41 AM »
That traitor isn't in prison yet??

Snowden Makes Stunning Appearance On Putin TV Interview In Apparent PR Stunt
BRETT LOGIURATO   
APR. 17, 2014

Former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden made a surprise appearance on Thursday at Russian President Vladimir Putin's annual televised call-in with the nation.

Snowden's appearance gave Putin the opportunity to defend Russian surveillance, implicitly gaining Snowden's approval. Considering the tightly controlled circumstances of the rogue agent's asylum in Russia, the appearance has been widely seen as a PR stunt.

David Herszenhorn, a Moscow-based reporter for The New York Times, called it a "stunning in-your-face move" by the Kremlin.

Snowden asked Putin: "Does Russia store, intercept, or analyze, in any way, the communications of millions of individuals, and do you believe that simply increasing the effectiveness of intelligence or law enforcement investigations can justify a place in societies rather than subjects under surveillance?"

Putin said he would answer by talking as one professional spy to another, noting his past as a KGB agent and Snowden's past in the NSA before he leaked thousands of documents exposing U.S. surveillance programs.

"Our intelligence efforts are strictly regulated by our law ... " Putin said, according to a translation by Russia Today. "You have to get a court permission to stalk a particular person. We don't have a mass system of such interception. And according to our law, it cannot exist.

"Of course, we know that criminals and terrorists use technology for their criminal acts, and special services have to use technical means to respond to their crimes. Of course, we do some efforts like that. But we do not have a mass scale, uncontrollable effort like that. I hope we won't do that."

Putin added that Russia doesn't have the monetary or technical capabilities of U.S. programs.

Snowden's public appearance in Russia will likely add fuel to some U.S. lawmakers' claims that he has more extensive ties with Russia's government than he would like to admit. Mike Rogers, the Republican chair of the House Intelligence Committee, said last month that Snowden was "supporting, in an odd way," the Russian expansion into Crimea.

http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden-putin-q-a-surveillance-2014-4#ixzz2zAU2tvgV

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »
What a stooge. Asking an ex-spy if he believes in spying.  This should prove that he has given Russia everything he knows.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2014, 09:51:37 AM »
Edward Snowden Says The US Stranded Him In Russia — Here Are 4 Problems With That Claim
MICHAEL KELLEY
MAY 28, 2014, 9:05 AM   

Former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden told "Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams in Moscow that he "never intended to end up in Russia."

The 30-year-old asserts that the U.S. State Department stranded him in Moscow after he arrived from Hong Kong on June 23.

"I had a flight booked to Cuba onwards to Latin America and I was stopped because the United States government decided to revoke my passport and trap me in Moscow Airport," Snowden said. "So when people ask why are you in Russia, I say, 'Please ask the State Department.'"

There are several issues with the claim that the U.S. stranded Snowden in Russia. Here are the most glaring:

1. Snowden couldn't have left Russia because he had no valid travel documents when he landed at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport. The U.S. revoked Snowden's passport the day before he left. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange then acquired an unsigned Ecuadorian travel document — ostensibly for safe passage to Latin America — that was void when Snowden landed in Moscow.

2. WikiLeaks told him to go to Russia and stay there. Assange told Janet Reitman of Rolling Stone magazine in December that he advised Snowden against going to Latin America because "he would be physically safest in Russia." WikiLeaks, who advised Snowden in Hong Kong while paying for his lodging and travel, reiterated the statement on May 1.

3. Snowden is an NSA-trained hacker and "spy" who was traveling through the territory of two U.S. adversaries. To a foreign intelligence service, "Snowden is priceless." The idea that someone of his status and expertise could freely pass through Moscow is highly implausible.

4. WikiLeaks told Business Insider that the Ecuadorian document was meant to help Snowden leave Hong Kong. That raises the question of why Snowden would need the document if his passport was still valid (Snowden says he used it to leave China). WikiLeaks has not explained why it would send the NSA-trained hacker to Russia knowing he would land with a void passport and a bunk travel document.

Basically, as explained by Russian security services expert Andrei Soldatov, "Snowden made a great mistake when he decided to go to Moscow." And there was little that the U.S. could do about it once he landed.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, in response, called Snowden's claim "dumb."

Soldatov, who co-wrote the book on the post-Soviet Russian security services (FSB), detailed how the FSB would likely want to have handled Snowden after he reached out to Russian officials while staying in Hong Kong.

"The first step is to get Snowden to Moscow," Soldatov said. "The next step is to have him locked for 40 days [to decide what to do] … The next step is to provide him asylum ... Then to say, 'Someone is looking for you, you are in danger.' … And then you have the guy in a controlled environment, and then you can work with him."

That appears to be what has happened. Snowden has now been living under FSB protection in an undisclosed location for 10 months. And even though Kerry offered to "have him on a flight today" if he wants to return to America, there is no indication that Vladimir Putin would allow that.

So if the former CIA technician "never intended to end up in Russia," perhaps he shouldn't have flown to Moscow in the first place.

http://www.businessinsider.com/snowden-says-us-stranded-him-in-russia-2014-5#ixzz337lOX7wY

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2014, 12:51:25 AM »
But he says he has no contact with the Russian Government, except for kissing Putin's ass on TV.  He can access and download classified documents, but he can't print out the "nemerous" emails he says he sent out?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2014, 01:41:54 AM »
That traitor isn't in prison yet??

The word traitor is tossed around more frequently than the word "patriot" these days.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2014, 02:02:47 PM »
The word traitor is tossed around more frequently than the word "patriot" these days.

I only use it when it fits, like it does with Snowden.  Cannot speak for anyone else. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »
I only use it when it fits, like it does with Snowden.  Cannot speak for anyone else. 

That you think it fits doesn't mean it does. Also, are you familiar with Stewart Baker, ex-Assistant Secretary for Policy at DHS? You two would get along just fabulously!.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2014, 03:00:18 PM »
That you think it fits doesn't mean it does. Also, are you familiar with Stewart Baker, ex-Assistant Secretary for Policy at DHS? You two would get along just fabulously!.

I'm just expressing an opinion, so it doesn't matter whether you or anyone else thinks it fits. 

No, I don't know Stewart Baker.  Are you familiar with Morton Downy, Jr.?  You two would have been buddies.   :)

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »
I'm just expressing an opinion, so it doesn't matter whether you or anyone else thinks it fits.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. But you do know what they say about opinions, right?

No, I don't know Stewart Baker.  Are you familiar with Morton Downy, Jr.?  You two would have been buddies.   :)

You may want to read the bullshit he writes. This is fairly typical: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/06/02/fast-eddie-snowdens-problem-with-the-truth/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2014, 04:25:51 PM »
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. But you do know what they say about opinions, right?

You may want to read the bullshit he writes. This is fairly typical: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/06/02/fast-eddie-snowdens-problem-with-the-truth/

Yes, I am entitled to express my opinion on an opinion board, just like everyone else. 

I skimmed the link.  Didn't see him call Snowden a traitor.  That's the one improvement I'd offer to his commentary.