Author Topic: Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal  (Read 14060 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »
so once again no proof, just the ignorant rambling of a person who has proven himself through his personal actions and his views on other issues to make up facts, cite opinions as fact and generally side on the wrong side of the issue.

got it...

LOL WTF are you talking about?  The proof already exists for the first 4 items I listed.  We'll have to see just how involved he was - but it's already been proven he was misleading in his statements after the fact.

tony, did you even read the timeline of events & statments made along the way?  LOL Christie just kept changing his story...  Read the timeline, it's on page 2 of this thread, someone else posted it.  Christie is ALREADY on version #3 of this story, he's using "rolling disclosure" every time people learn more about the story.  He spoke definitively on it twice - denied it, then confirmed it was a (non-existent) traffic study, and finally blamed everyone who never told him anything (even as his own timelines for being sad kept changing). 

Christie is a fcking liar on this issue.  Maybe he didn't issue whatever command, we don't know that yet. But he is guilty of lying after the fact.  That cannot be argued, tony.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
LOL WTF are you talking about?  The proof already exists for the first 4 items I listed.  We'll have to see just how involved he was - but it's already been proven he was misleading in his statements after the fact.

tony, did you even read the timeline of events & statments made along the way?  LOL Christie just kept changing his story...  Read the timeline, it's on page 2 of this thread, someone else posted it.  Christie is ALREADY on version #3 of this story, he's using "rolling disclosure" every time people learn more about the story.  He spoke definitively on it twice - denied it, then confirmed it was a (non-existent) traffic study, and finally blamed everyone who never told him anything (even as his own timelines for being sad kept changing). 

Christie is a fcking liar on this issue.  Maybe he didn't issue whatever command, we don't know that yet. But he is guilty of lying after the fact.  That cannot be argued, tony.
yup he may have found out a day earlier than he said...

LOL and that to you means he directed this?

He had the bridge closed from Sept 9th to 12th.

Knowing about it earlier doesnt equate to the stupidity above you fucking moron!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2014, 11:22:52 AM »
yup he may have found out a day earlier than he said...

He lied about when he knew, you say?   You have immediately called Christie a dishonest man.  One without credibility.  Why would he lie about it, if he was truly in the dark about it? 

Now we just have to argue about which parts of the story he's lying about.  We already agree he's a fcking liar on this situation - now you're just arguing about additional lies which have not yet been proven.  It's like my chick banging one dude, and her bragging "hey, you still haven't proven the other 6 dudes I'm banging".   She's already a whore, she's already not credible, she's alread a bag of shit, if this is the case. 

We already agree Christie is a lying bag of shit.

Now we just have to discuss how much of a lying bag of shit christie is. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2014, 11:30:28 AM »
Now we just have to argue about which parts of the story he's lying about. 

there is no arguing you piece of shit, you either have proof or you fucking dont.....

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »

Christie is guilty as shit here.  Guilty of complete ignorance. 

No, no, no.  Squid pro ro, Mr. Powers.

You libs (like typical, unthinking, douchebags) set the bar with Obama.

Unless you can produce an email, text, taped conversation or some other PROOF that Christie knew, he's free and clear.

Probably shouldn't have even fired his underlings if we're true to holding the same standards.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »

No, no, no.  Squid pro ro, Mr. Powers.

You libs (like typical, unthinking, douchebags) set the bar with Obama.

Unless you can produce an email, text, taped conversation or some other PROOF that Christie knew, he's free and clear.

Probably shouldn't have even fired his underlings if we're true to holding the same standards.

exactly

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »
sounds like Christie looks like absolute horse shit - to the point his own party is destroying him - so the standard course of action on getbig is to "attack the messenger" with a whole pile of "240 is a moron" posts.

In the meantime, we overlook a billion dollar motive for the shutdowns:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/12/steve-kornacki-chris-christie-bridge-scandal_n_4585830.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2014, 05:59:14 PM »
sounds like Christie looks like absolute horse shit - to the point his own party is destroying him - so the standard course of action on getbig is to "attack the messenger" with a whole pile of "240 is a moron" posts.

In the meantime, we overlook a billion dollar motive for the shutdowns:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/12/steve-kornacki-chris-christie-bridge-scandal_n_4585830.html
so still no proof for your ignorant opinions?

got it....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »

got it....

did you read what i wrote?  Christie contradicted himself.  Twice.  He's lied now.  Twice.  New versions every time some new info breaks.  Even repubs won't defend his ass.  I'd expect this from Archer, lol, as he and I had some long debates about the innocence of Hermann cain.  I smelled BS on cain in minute one, and even as all these women came out with accusations, he kept up with "no proof!" until Cain himself admitted it.   I thought he and I would be having this debate.  You?  lol I thought you'd instantly be like "yep, RINO christie lying like his hero obama".   Instead, you're asking me to prove christy lied lol.... he's changed his story twice, that's a fact.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »
did you read what i wrote?  Christie contradicted himself.  Twice.  He's lied now.  Twice.  New versions every time some new info breaks.  Even repubs won't defend his ass.  I'd expect this from Archer, lol, as he and I had some long debates about the innocence of Hermann cain.  I smelled BS on cain in minute one, and even as all these women came out with accusations, he kept up with "no proof!" until Cain himself admitted it.   I thought he and I would be having this debate.  You?  lol I thought you'd instantly be like "yep, RINO christie lying like his hero obama".   Instead, you're asking me to prove christy lied lol.... he's changed his story twice, that's a fact.
as I have already stated if he knew or was involved then he needs to be held accountable.

as of now you have no proof at all only he may have misstated when he heard about it LMFAO

I shouldnt really expect much from you given the idiocy you displayed on the zimmerman and hendrix issue though ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
GWB probe targets Christie's office; renewal of subpoena power expected

Source: Bergen Record

The George Washington Bridge lane-closure investigation could reach into Governor Christie’s office as early as Monday when a new round of subpoenas is expected to land on the desks of key members of Christie’s inner circle, a Democratic legislator leading the probe said on Saturday.

Assemblyman John Wisniewski said he plans to issue subpoenas demanding documents from the governor’s former deputy chief of staff Bridget Anne Kelly and spokesman Michael Drewniak, along with other aides whose names surfaced last week in documents related to the lane closures in early September.

The subpoenaed records — and, potentially, orders to testify under oath — could offer a rare peek at the internal deliberations of a highly disciplined and insulated office. They could also either confirm or dispel suspicions that have thrust the Christie administration into the gravest controversy it has faced — speculation that the goverenor’s office was involved in a plan to exact revenge by authorizing lane closures that led to traffic jams in Fort Lee in September.

“We’re no longer looking at just lane closures,” Wisniewski said, “we’re looking at an abuse of power and an attempt to cover up that abuse of power.”

Read more: http://www.northjersey.com/fortlee/christi_geb_port_authority_traffic_lane_study.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:55 PM »
rightfully there should be an investigation and if you get proof let me know, until then quit making ignorant fucking assumptions and stating opinion as fact.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2014, 06:19:35 PM »
Jersey's Top Paper Isn't Buying Christie's Story: It 'Stretches The Bounds Of Belief'

The editorial page of the largest newspaper in New Jersey has some serious doubts that Gov. Chris Christie (R) only learned this week that a close aide signed off on lane closures that caused paralysis on the George Washington Bridge last summer.

The governor's claim, wrote the editorial board of The Star-Ledger on Thursday, "stretches the bounds of belief."

When his appointees at the Port Authority resigned, did he really not ask why? And was he not curious enough to inquire about the content of the emails being handed over in these subpoenas? Did he really just wait to read about it all in the papers?

The Star-Ledger, which begrudgingly endorsed Christie for re-election last year, published another tough editorial earlier this week, questioning whether the presumed presidential candidate can be trusted "as a potential future leader of our country."

Another Garden State paper, The Bergen Record, argued Thursday that the lane closures on the bridge warrant a criminal investigation.

- more -

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/star-ledger-christie-bridge-bounds-of-belief

NJ rep.: ‘Unbelievable’ Christie wasn’t told of George Washington Bridge lane closures

Source: The Hill

The New Jersey state assemblyman leading the investigation of the September lane closures on the George Washington Bridge said it was “unbelievable” that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R-N.J.) was never told about the issue by his aides.

Christie last week fired a senior aide over the bridge scandal, but insisted that he had no firsthand knowledge of decision to close the bridge lanes that created a traffic catastrophe in Fort Lee, N.J.

State Rep. John Wisniewski (D-N.J.), who is leading the assembly’s bridge investigation as a transportation panel chair, said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” he was skeptical Christie’s aides never told him about the decision to close the bridge lanes or the discussions afterward revealed in emails released this week.

He noted that Christie’s aide fired last week, deputy chief of staff Bridget Ann Kelly, was with Christie the day she sent the email saying it was “time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee.”. . .

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/transportation-report/highways-bridges-and-roads/195180-nj-rep-unbelievable-christie-wasnt

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2014, 06:22:11 PM »
Last Month, Christie Complained to Cuomo That His Appointee Was Pressing Too Hard for Answers

We saw the press conference today and Christie was just shocked...shocked I tell you, that his staff was capable of lying to him about their involvement in the GWB scandal. So why was he twisting Cuomo's arm last month in an effort to keep this story quiet? If you don't believe Christie is involved in this, I've got a bridge to....

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie called New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo this week to complain about a Cuomo appointee's handling of a growing controversy over traffic pattern changes on the George Washington Bridge, a person familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Christie, a Republican, complained in a private phone call to Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, that Patrick Foye, the executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, was pressing too hard to get to the bottom of why the number of toll lanes onto the bridge from Fort Lee, N.J. was cut from three to one in early September, according to this person. The lane closures occurred without notice to local authorities, officials have said, and snarled traffic for a week in the small borough on the Hudson River bluffs.

Wall Street Journal

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »
15 Chris Christie Controversies You Missed

The GWB scandal wasn’t the governor’s first dip in hot water.
By OLIVIA NUZZI January 09, 2014

Democrats in New Jersey have been celebrating what you might call Chris Christiemas this week. When documents were released strongly suggesting that senior members of Governor Christie’s staff were behind the George Washington Bridge lane closures in Fort Lee, the Gov’s ideological opponents breathed a sigh of relief. Christie’s unrivaled political skill and, as Matt Katz outlined here in November, ability to drive a narrative of his choosing, have meant that until now, The Story of Chris Christie As Told By The National Media is one that Christie has largely written himself. As one New Jersey Democratic strategist told me, “the press had basically inaugurated him already.” But Christie’s political career has been riddled with controversies big and small, most of which have been paid little attention by those outside the Garden State. And while perhaps none of these kerfuffles placed anyone in imminent danger quite like Bridgegate did, at least a few of them might have spelled the end of another, less media savvy politician’s career.

1. Using inflated cost estimates to justifying canceling the ARC tunnel
Christie has caused traffic before. The Access to the Region’s Core tunnel was a commuter rail project that would have more than doubled the number of trains from New Jersey to Manhattan, easing congestion on the state’s notorious (especially now) highways. After initially endorsing the project, which could have created an estimated 45,000 permanent jobs and 6,000 temporary construction jobs, Christie changed his mind. He claimed that cost estimates for the tunnel had grown to as much as $14 billion. Except, they didn’t. The cost estimates for the project had remained unchanged in the two years before Christie cancelled it.

2. Lending nearly $50,000 to aide who helped his campaign
When Jon Corzine’s 2009 gubernatorial campaign requested public records from Christie’s time as prosecutor, we learned a lot about his lavish spending habits. We also learned about Christie’s generosity: He lent $46,000 to Michele Brown, a top aide in the prosecutor’s office. Christie denied that Brown had done anything to help his gubernatorial campaign, but she had—pushing for a series of high-profile arrests to be made before Christie left his post as U.S. attorney so that he would receive full credit on the campaign trail. Brown now serves as CEO of the Economic Development Authority in Christie’s administration.

3. Handing out a no-bid contract after Sandy
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, Christie awarded a $150 million no-bid contract to AshBritt, a Florida-based firm. Just days after the deal was done, AshBritt donated $50,000 to the Republican Governors Association, of which Christie was then vice chairman.

4. A corrupt Christie ally let off the hook, inexplicably
When a county sheriff was accused of hiring deputies without background checks who then manufactured fake police badges for a “prominent donor to Gov. Chris Christie,” the indicted undersheriff wasn’t worried. He assured an aide that Christie would “have this whole thing thrown out.” Not long after that, the indictments were killed, by someone.

5. Taxpayer funded “town halls”
Chris Christie is sort of like the Kate Upton of politics, in that his rise to prominence can be partly attributed to his presence on YouTube. Many of Christie’s Greatest YouTube Hits are videos of him, uh, connecting with voters at his town halls, which more often seem to double as campaign events. The problem? The taxpayers are footing the bill, including more than $12,000 for flags, lighting and other equipment.

6. Reckless driving
In 2002, driving a rented BMW Sedan, U.S. Attorney Christie injured a motorcyclist when he tried to turn the wrong way onto a one-way street. He was not issued a traffic ticket, despite his less-than-stellar driving record, which includes at least six accidents and 13 moving violations.

7. Reckless spending on being driven
After taking the hint that driving is perhaps not his greatest skill, U.S. Attorney Christie took a limo roundtrip between Newark and Atlantic City. The cost? $700.

8. Taxpayer-funded helicopter rides
In 2011, Christie sailed down from the skies and onto a baseball field (where his son was about to play) in a State Police helicopter. The 55-foot chopper cost taxpayers $12.5 million. A spokesman for the Gov said it was to be used “occasionally … as the schedule demands.” What was on Christie’s schedule for that day? No public events. Just a private dinner with Iowa Republican donors.

9. Shoddy oversight of halfway houses where prisoners escaped, murdered
Crowded prisons strain state budgets, so some states, like New Jersey, try to cut costs by handing over inmates to privately run halfway houses. A great idea! … Unless prisoners begin to escape in droves, which they did. More than 1,000 prisoners escaped in Christie’s first 29 months in office. One of those escapees murdered a young woman. Also, the company that received the bulk of the halfway house money? Its senior vice president is Christie’s close friend and political adviser, William Palatucci.

10. Staying in Disney World during blizzard
As New Jersey attempted to shovel its way out of 31 inches of snow in December 2010, Christie remained on vacation in sunny Florida, leaving others to deal with the mess in his state. Christie’s lieutenant governor, Kim Guadagno, was away too—in Mexico—so New Jersey residents were pretty much on their own.

11. Starring in publicly funded tourism ads
In 2013, an election year for Christie, it was difficult to turn on a television without being confronted by “Stronger Than The Storm,” an ad featuring a maudlin jingle and the governor and his family. The 30-second spot highlighted Christie’s leadership in bringing his state together in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, and arguably served as his best campaign ad. Unfortunately, that spot and others like it were paid for using federal grant money from the $60 million Sandy relief package, and it later came out that in selecting the ad agency that wanted to feature his family, the Christie administration spent $2 million more than necessary.

12. Lavish hotel stays
U.S. Attorney Christie was known as the one “who most often exceeded the government rate without adequate justification” when traveling on the job. Out of 23 trips, he exceeded the rate 14 times by staying at places like the Four Seasons in Washington.

13. A payday of over $52 million for an old boss
As U.S. attorney, Christie settled a probe into kickbacks by knee and hip replacement manufacturers for a cool $311 million. Christie selected former Attorney General John Ashcroft, his old boss, to monitor the manufacturers, for which Ashcroft’s D.C.-based consulting firm received $52 million of the settlement.

14. Betting on a casino with public funds
Christie offered $261 million in tax incentives to Revel Casino in Atlantic City so the company could complete construction after Morgan Stanley abandoned the project. Two years later, Revel filed for bankruptcy.

15. Pulling a Daily Caller on Menendez before there was a Daily Caller
Long before The Daily Caller published bogus claims that United States Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) was paying for prostitutes in the Dominican Republic, U.S. Attorney Chris Christie was initiating (allegedly) bogus probes into Menendez. In 2006, Christie launched an investigation into Menendez over his involvement with a nonprofit community group he reportedly helped get federal grants. Nothing came of the investigation. So why did it happen? It couldn’t have had anything to do with the fact that Christie was on the chopping block, and he needed to save face with George W. Bush, the man who held his fate as U.S. attorney in his hands.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/01/15-chris-christie-controversies-you-missed-101999_Page2.html#ixzz2qF1Ufocw

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
rightfully there should be an investigation and if you get proof let me know, until then quit making ignorant fucking assumptions and stating opinion as fact.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2014, 06:41:21 PM »

Christie Not Sure When He Learned of Bridge Lane Closures

New Jersey Governor Said He Didn't Remember Where He First Read About Traffic Problems

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has given two different timelines of when he learned of lane closures on the George Washington Bridge after they were imposed by his aides, allegedly for political reasons...It later emerged that Christie allies had engineered the closures, which caused massive traffic jams in Fort Lee, N.J., whose mayor didn't endorse Mr. Christie. The governor said he had no knowledge of his allies' involvement in the closures.

In a news conference Dec. 13, Mr. Christie, a Republican, said he learned of the controversy after the publication of an internal email from Patrick Foye, the executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Mr. Foye angrily ordered the access lanes for Fort Lee restored on Sept. 13, the fifth day of the closures. The Wall Street Journal published details of that email on Oct. 1.

"The first I ever heard of the issue was when it was reported in the press, which I think was in the aftermath of the leaking of Mr. Foye's email," Mr. Christie said at the December news conference...Last week, the governor indicated that he had learned of the issue earlier. "It wasn't when Pat Foye's emails—I think there was an earlier story than that," he said when asked at last week's televised, two-hour news conference why he hadn't tried to determine the reason for the Fort Lee gridlock when he first learned of it.

Mr. Christie said at last week's news conference that he didn't remember where he first read about the traffic problems.

- more -

WSJ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »
Krauthammer Thinks Christie Could Be 'Toast'

The potential political fallout from the George Washington Bridge scandal is really quite straightforward, according to conservative idol Charles Krauthammer.

"Well, look, I think this is not rocket science," Krauthammer declared Thursday on Fox News. "Christie is now hostage to the truth. If he told the truth and he had no knowledge of this, it will hurt him. If he didn't tell the truth — and we will know it for sure, one way or the other — if he did know about this, he's toast. It's rather simple."

Krauthammer, revered by Republicans and conservatives, said that Christie's professed ignorance to the lane closures on the bridge could still damage him — although not fatally.

“Christie’s strength is how tough he is, but it can become a negative if the toughness is a petty toughness,” he said.

more:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/krauthammer-christie-bridge-scandal-toast

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »
Krauthammer Thinks Christie Could Be 'Toast'

The potential political fallout from the George Washington Bridge scandal is really quite straightforward, according to conservative idol Charles Krauthammer.

"Well, look, I think this is not rocket science," Krauthammer declared Thursday on Fox News. "Christie is now hostage to the truth. If he told the truth and he had no knowledge of this, it will hurt him. If he didn't tell the truth — and we will know it for sure, one way or the other — if he did know about this, he's toast. It's rather simple."

Krauthammer, revered by Republicans and conservatives, said that Christie's professed ignorance to the lane closures on the bridge could still damage him — although not fatally.

“Christie’s strength is how tough he is, but it can become a negative if the toughness is a petty toughness,” he said.

more:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/krauthammer-christie-bridge-scandal-toast

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

This puts Cruz as the front runner with likely Paul and Walker behind him

Susana Martinez is still the ultimate dark horse IMO.

Could go anywhere from not even running in the primary to surprising alot of people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2014, 07:36:57 PM »
Matinez uses guns for props.  Still too eager to please.  Give her 4-6 more years of being tough, and she'll stop caring what people think.  THAT is when she'll become effective.  We don't want candidates that are still scared, still eager to please, still fake smiles, still trying to impress.

Look at Clinton, Dubya, Hilary, Obama now, Jeb now, Rand/Ron Paul, Eliz warrens, you know the face - they don't give a flying fck what you think - they share their opinion and take it or leave it.  They don't NEED the job. 

Then you have the Paul Ryans, the Rubios, the Martinez' of the world.. scared to offend, and too eager to please.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2014, 11:14:56 PM »
MSNBC: 142 minutes --- CNN: 142 minutes --- Fox News: 14 minutes and 30 seconds.

How Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC Covered Chris Christie ‘Bridgegate’ on Wednesday
Full post with slideshow images, here: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/how-fox-news-cnn-and-msnbc-covered-chris-christie-bridgegate-on-wednesday/#24

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2014, 01:05:32 AM »
MSNBC: 142 minutes --- CNN: 142 minutes --- Fox News: 14 minutes and 30 seconds.

How Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC Covered Chris Christie ‘Bridgegate’ on Wednesday
Full post with slideshow images, here: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/how-fox-news-cnn-and-msnbc-covered-chris-christie-bridgegate-on-wednesday/#24

Run the same graph for the obama crimes.  ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2014, 09:25:54 AM »
Remember Rudy on MSNBC's Morning Joe, defending CHristie nonstop right after it happened.

now that the numerous "alterations to the current story" keep happening, it sounds like Rudy is distancing himself from Christie.  While it is hard for some people to swallow, it's turning out Christie really was misleading about quite a few things here.  And doing it on the anniversary of 9/11... that's gotta tick off Rudy...

Rudy Giuliani says Chris Christie’s political career could be over if he’s not telling the truth

Former New York City Mayor and one-time presidential contender Rudy Giuliani today said Christie has put his political career at risk if he's not telling the truth about the George Washington Bridge Scandal.

During an appearance on ABC's "This Week," Giuliani said he believed Christie when the governor said last week that he knew nothing of the lane closures at the George Washington Bridge until well after the fact, because otherwise, Christie's career could be done.

"If, for some reason, it's not true, the man has put his political career completely at risk if it turns out there is some evidence that he knew about it," Giuliani told ABC News. "He's taken the complete risk that his political career is over. I don't think he'd do that if there's any suggestion he knew about this."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2014, 09:29:46 AM »
Voters Shocked Christie Botched Such An Easy Political Cover-Up

WASHINGTON—Following revelations this week that staffers under New Jersey Governor Chris Christie manipulated traffic in a small New Jersey town to punish its mayor, mortified Americans across the nation reported that they were shocked to learn the potential 2016 presidential candidate could possibly fumble such an easy political cover-up. “Man, this guy wants to be President of the United States and he can’t even conceal an act of corruption this rinky-dink and run-of-the-mill from voters? It’s crazy,” Newark resident Carolyn Baum said in agreement with millions of stunned Americans, adding that she holds potential presidential candidates to much higher standards of subterfuge and graft. “I mean, this is a total softball. If he can’t even bully one little small-town mayor into submission by oppressing his constituents and get away with it, how can we reasonably believe he’s politically skilled enough to cover up national scandals like orchestrating a foreign war, illegally colluding with big business, or violating the civil liberties of millions of Americans? It’s a little scary, to be honest.” At press time, many Americans reported their faith in Christie’s presidential qualifications was somewhat restored after he released a series of statements pinning the blame on others and throwing top aides under the bus.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/voters-shocked-christie-botched-such-an-easy-polit,34909/