Author Topic: Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal  (Read 14056 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2014, 09:55:58 AM »
It really is kind of surprising how Christie has managed to make this look even worse for himself

My only guess is that he was completely involved (or at least informed) from the beginning which is why he first had to pretend that this allegation that the closure was political payback was absurd and stuck with that until that position became untenable and then was stuck with the false narrative of what he knew and when he knew it.

Nothing else makes sense given the way he has handled it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »
I love how Obama cultists believe christies knows everything yet their messiah knows nothing at all about his scandals. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2014, 10:06:09 AM »
I love how Obama cultists believe christies knows everything yet their messiah knows nothing at all about his scandals. 

all you have to do is look at the actual facts in any given circumstance

although as a debt collector/make believe lawyer I understand how that might confuse you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »
LOL - so Obama is that detached from what goes on in the govt that makes it plausible and ok? 

Typical. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »
LOL - so Obama is that detached from what goes on in the govt that makes it plausible and ok? 

Typical. 

again, you need to look at the actual facts in any given situation

I know that is tedious and boring when you just want to jump from the beginning all the way to the end and draw a conclusion (which coincidentally happens to the be same one every time)

You should spend your time focusing on the fact that Ayers and Obama are framing Christie and they will soon likely give him a massive heart attack

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »
Voters Shocked Christie Botched Such An Easy Political Cover-Up

WASHINGTON—Following revelations this week that staffers under New Jersey Governor Chris Christie manipulated traffic in a small New Jersey town to punish its mayor, mortified Americans across the nation reported that they were shocked to learn the potential 2016 presidential candidate could possibly fumble such an easy political cover-up. “Man, this guy wants to be President of the United States and he can’t even conceal an act of corruption this rinky-dink and run-of-the-mill from voters? It’s crazy,” Newark resident Carolyn Baum said in agreement with millions of stunned Americans, adding that she holds potential presidential candidates to much higher standards of subterfuge and graft. “I mean, this is a total softball. If he can’t even bully one little small-town mayor into submission by oppressing his constituents and get away with it, how can we reasonably believe he’s politically skilled enough to cover up national scandals like orchestrating a foreign war, illegally colluding with big business, or violating the civil liberties of millions of Americans? It’s a little scary, to be honest.” At press time, many Americans reported their faith in Christie’s presidential qualifications was somewhat restored after he released a series of statements pinning the blame on others and throwing top aides under the bus.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/voters-shocked-christie-botched-such-an-easy-polit,34909/
You know the onion is a satirical site, right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2014, 01:35:55 PM »

bama / Christy - two pos

This is why OB won

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »
This is why OB won

I said it during the Sandy nonsense.   Both were playing the public for fools

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
I said it during the Sandy nonsense.   Both were playing the public for fools

Doesn't matter.

This is a big reason why OB and Obamacare wasn't stopped.  The Repubs splintered.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
You know the onion is a satirical site, right?

I know 240 knows, but it clearly threw Dumbfuck for a loop, LMFAO.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2014, 02:43:38 PM »
Doesn't matter.

This is a big reason why OB and Obamacare wasn't stopped.  The Repubs splintered.

I've been wondering myself.  Is it splintered or more integrity?

When Obama doesn't know shit going on in his Admin, all the Dems and media rally around to protect him, demanding evidence that it be proven Obama was in the know.

Now, with no evidence that Christie was in the know (at least not yet), they're all up in arms.

Should Repubs be taking a strategy lesson?

Or doing the right thing and telling Christie he should stand down knowing that it will benefit the Dems?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »
Sort of an admission by Obama cultists how clueless he is no? 

I've been wondering myself.  Is it splintered or more integrity?

When Obama doesn't know shit going on in his Admin, all the Dems and media rally around to protect him, demanding evidence that it be proven Obama was in the know.

Now, with no evidence that Christie was in the know (at least not yet), they're all up in arms.

Or doing the right thing and telling Christie he should stand down knowing that it will benefit the Dems?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »

I know 240 knows, but it clearly threw Dumbfuck for a loop, LMFAO.

Hmm, I wonder who you're referring to

I know it can't be me because I didn't even reply to 240's post so tell us who you are referring to as Dumbfuck

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »

I've been wondering myself.  Is it splintered or more integrity?

No that's not what i am saying.

3333 said, OB and Christie both POS.  I agree they probably are, at least OB for sure.  The repubs have splintered in that we have ultra conservatives distancing themselves from moderate repubs.  While that may be the valid thing to do to preserve the integrity of conservative ideals it doesn't it doesn't play out well in elections.  I see that when repubs lose more and more elections because they back borderline unelectable peeps and then pounce on peeps like Christie its spells out more dem victories which brings us to what we have now......  REpubs who didn't vote for the ACA and it not mattering at all because there was enough repubs elected to make a difference.    So you have these angry peeps like 3333, who do nothing to stem the liberal tide, if maybe actually, helping it, by attacking electable repub candidates, while acting like others need to get a clue...LANDSLIDE!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »
No that's not what i am saying.

3333 said, OB and Christie both POS.  I agree they probably are, at least OB for sure.  The repubs have splintered in that we have ultra conservatives distancing themselves from moderate repubs.  While that may be the valid thing to do to preserve the integrity of conservative ideals it doesn't it doesn't play out well in elections.  I see that when repubs lose more and more elections because they back borderline unelectable peeps and then pounce on peeps like Christie its spells out more dem victories which brings us to what we have now......  REpubs who didn't vote for the ACA and it not mattering at all because there was enough repubs elected to make a difference.    So you have these angry peeps like 3333, who do nothing to stem the liberal tide, if maybe actually, helping it, by attacking electable repub candidates, while acting like others need to get a clue...LANDSLIDE!

Not likely.  If you put the standard GB banter aside, you would be very hard pressed to back your claim that Repubs are losing more and more elections.

Right now, there are more Republican governors than Democrat and Republicans have solid control of the House.  In the Senate, there are about 45 or so (I would have to check).

Also, not sure if you follow PolicyMic, but they noted that the 6th year of a 2 term President always sees the President's party losing Senate seats, every year save one.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/71679/midterm-elections-2014-polls-show-republicans-could-take-over-the-senate

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Keep in mind, Bill Clinton left office with an exceptionally high approval rating and the Democrats still couldn't pull off a slam-dunk election.  I understand the whole 'stolen election' issue, but none of that would have mattered if Gore was so far in front of Bush as to render it irrelevant.

I think you can make a solid case about splintering within the Republican Party, I'm just not convinced that that leads to lost elections.  It would be nice if both Dems and Repubs could lose elections and we could get some fresh 3rd party blood in there!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »

Not likely.  If you put the standard GB banter aside, you would be very hard pressed to back your claim that Repubs are losing more and more elections.

Right now, there are more Republican governors than Democrat and Republicans have solid control of the House.  In the Senate, there are about 45 or so (I would have to check).

Also, not sure if you follow PolicyMic, but they noted that the 6th year of a 2 term President always sees the President's party losing Senate seats, every year save one.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/71679/midterm-elections-2014-polls-show-republicans-could-take-over-the-senate

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Keep in mind, Bill Clinton left office with an exceptionally high approval rating and the Democrats still couldn't pull off a slam-dunk election.  I understand the whole 'stolen election' issue, but none of that would have mattered if Gore was so far in front of Bush as to render it irrelevant.

I think you can make a solid case about splintering within the Republican Party, I'm just not convinced that that leads to lost elections.  It would be nice if both Dems and Repubs could lose elections and we could get some fresh 3rd party blood in there!

Good points.  And they control a majority of state legislatures. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2014, 08:13:08 PM »
Yes, I'm well aware Onion is satire.  I post often from them, and usually embed the link so the believably goes on for 15 seconds instead of 2.  Most people skim and see that link first, and there isn't that "ah-ha" moment while reading where you realize it's designed to make one laugh/think.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2014, 08:16:06 PM »
I don't trust Christie on bit.   He tossed Romney right under the bus based on utter bs from Obama who was runnibg for re-election.  Who the F does that?   A typical politician, Christie is a liar and tossed Mitt right into the soup to advance Obama ad his own fortunes. 

Personally - I am enjoying Christie getting skewered by the leftist media he sought to suck up to

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2014, 07:20:39 AM »
Source: The Huffington Post 01/13/2014 7:03 pm EST

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) has seen little change in his national favorability ratings since emails were released last week showing that his staff had intentionally caused a massive traffic snarl in a New Jersey town as a form of political payback, according to a Huffington Post/YouGov poll. According to the new poll, 38 percent of Americans now have a favorable view of the New Jersey governor, while 34 percent have an unfavorable view. Another 28 percent said they aren't sure.

Those figures are virtually unchanged compared to other surveys conducted over the course of the last month. A YouGov/Economist poll conducted Jan. 4-6 found Christie's favorable rating at 41 percent, as did another YouGov/Economist poll conducted in late December. A mid-December YouGov/Economist poll, which specifically identified Christie in a list of potential Republican candidates for president, found his national favorable rating at 36 percent. Indeed, a Pew Research Center poll released earlier Monday found that 60 percent of Americans said their view of Christie was unchanged in the last few days. Sixteen percent said their opinion of Christie was less favorable, while 6 percent said it was more favorable. Even among those who were following the bridge scandal "very" or "somewhat" closely, 57 percent said their opinion was unchanged.

The HuffPost/YouGov and Pew surveys together show that many Americans have heard about the bridge scandal, but relatively few are following it closely. In the HuffPost/YouGov poll, 43 percent said they had heard a lot about "a controversy involving Chris Christie and traffic on a major bridge between New Jersey and New York," while 35 percent said they had heard a little and 23 percent said they had heard nothing at all. In the Pew survey, however, only 18 percent said they were following the story very closely, while another 21 percent were following it fairly closely, 19 percent were following it not too closely, and 41 percent weren't following it closely at all.

The HuffPost/YouGov poll also found a division over whether Christie was telling the truth when he denied knowing about his staff's involvement in causing the massive traffic jam. Twenty-six percent said he was telling the truth, 25 percent said he was lying, and 49 percent said they weren't sure

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/13/chris-christie-bridge-poll_n_4591511.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2014, 07:34:13 AM »
it'll be another week before his numbers drop.   It never happens in one week.  It takes 2.