Author Topic: Still the ideal after 65 years?...  (Read 20965 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Still the ideal after 65 years?...
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »
Your ad proves there was an ad. Come back when you have something more like a convergence if evidence.

And the FDA judgement against Hudson for selling hormones, that is what? Magic?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »
ND beating people over the head with his OPINION again.

you think reeves had perfect proportions...many others don't including me.  Does EVERYTHING hage to he an argument to the fucking death with you ?

His thigh measurements equaled his chest measurement.  His neck, arms and calves all measured the same.  In between that there was a waistline, not what John used to call a
"wasteline".   On top of all that was the face of a very handsome man with a voice to match.

It's much the same with Reg Park but of the two I prefer Reeves' look.    Steve never had a cavity  in his mouth, much less his life or soul.  That can't be said of so many of today's bodybuilders.  Actually, it can't be said of any of them.

He was Steve Reeves.  That's  hard to match let alone surpass.  In fame only Arnold has done it.  That's how high Steven Lester Reeves set the bar.  

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2014, 05:40:12 PM »
I personally know  6'1 , 215lbs guys  juiced to the max.

This guy was ' natural '

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »
His thigh measurements equaled his chest measurement.   

Hahahhaaa

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »

Close

Great physique. Not just then, but in every decade.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
what a fairy tale... Test has been around since the 30's

Except perhaps, in lesser men.  They didn't have enough on hand naturally to win at tiddly-winks.  Steroids were created for such as them.  

Not gods like Reeves or Park.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2014, 05:42:59 PM »
And the FDA judgement against Hudson for selling hormones, that is what? Magic?

It proves they were selling ' hormones ' doesn't prove anything else. Have something more? other than an ad?  ???

The earliest reports of bodybuilders using PED's is 1959 got something before that?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »
The steroid and testosterone debate continues. Did the guys in the 40s have steroids? No, they weren't produced until the late 50s. By 1960 many were using steroids and especially strength athletes.

Go back to about 1940 and we find that a doctor wrote a book about the benefits of testosterone. Did any of the champs find sources and experiment? We will never know because most of those guys

are no longer with us. Joe Weider didn't say anything, either. Not that I am aware of.

I can't detect any side effects in the physiques of Reeves, Ross, Eiferman, Pederson, Tanny or Grimek. I was quite surprised to learn that Grimek had been a guinea pig for some experiments with

drugs in the old days but he abandoned any use when he saw no improvement. This was with Zeigler and was after 1950.

I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt to Reeves. He was drug free and good for him. If you guys had lived in the 50s you would have known that any kind of artificial enhancement of the muscles

was viewed as cheating and totally unhealthy. Why risk losing one's reputation if discovered? There is no proof of testosterone use with Reeves and that is a fact. The rest is speculation and hearsay.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2014, 05:45:54 PM »
It proves they were selling ' hormones ' doesn't prove anything else. Have something more? other than an ad?  ???

The earliest reports of bodybuilders using PED's is 1959 got something before that?

I'll just wonder off, people who read the thread can decide for themselves. This is turning into a circular argument.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
Hahahhaaa

Arnold followed this proven guideline when his thighs each measured 28.5" and his chest measurement was 57".  For years it was the standard goal of those that trained.   Balance, if you will.  

Today's charlatan's have a drug protocol and the only thing they balance is their daily dosage on the scales of their ignorance.   Hahahhaaa...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »
Except perhaps, in lesser men.  They didn't have enough on hand naturally to win at tiddly-winks.  Steroids were created for such as them.  

Not gods like Reeves or Park.

Ok then  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2014, 05:46:35 PM »
The steroid and testosterone debate continues. Did the guys in the 40s have steroids? No, they weren't produced until the late 50s. By 1960 many were using steroids and especially strength athletes.

Go back to about 1940 and we find that a doctor wrote a book about the benefits of testosterone. Did any of the champs find sources and experiment? We will never know because most of those guys

are no longer with us. Joe Weider didn't say anything, either. Not that I am aware of.

I can't detect any side effects in the physiques of Reeves, Ross, Eiferman, Pederson, Tanny or Grimek. I was quite surprised to learn that Grimek had been a guinea pig for some experiments with

drugs in the old days but he abandoned any use when he saw no improvement. This was with Zeigler and was after 1950.

I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt to Reeves. He was drug free and good for him. If you guys had lived in the 50s you would have known that any kind of artificial enhancement of the muscles

was viewed as cheating and totally unhealthy. Why risk losing one's reputation if discovered? There is no proof of testosterone use with Reeves and that is a fact. The rest is speculation and hearsay.

Great post.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »
I'll just wonder off, people who read the thread can decide for themselves. This is turning into a circular argument.

On your part it is. I asked for more than an ad. You haven't provided anything else. I've find NO other mention of athletes using PEDS before Zeigler not even anecdotal accounts.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2014, 05:53:39 PM »
this proven guideline

::)

What about if his neck , arms and calves were 10 inches and his thighs were 30'' and his  chest was 60''  ?  or 20'' calves ,neck and arms  with 24''  thighs.

Numbers don't mean shit, I hope this helps.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2014, 05:55:22 PM »
Ok then  ::)

Allow me, my friend.

I know you about as well as I do Steve Reeves.  If someone were to say to me and swear that years earlier they saw you smoking some guys wang or some such nonsense and I told them that from all that I know of you, you love women and that there's no freaking way you would ever do that.  

They have no real proof.  None. Just hearsay.  Pure speculation (the kind so often featured here in these forums)  fueled perhaps in part by nothing more than jealousy coupled with perhaps the need to justify something in their own life.  What need do I have of defending you?  I don't really know you do I?  And yet there is this.

What I know of you I hold to be true.  I will always defend the truth for there is honor in that whether or not I personally know the person.   Hopefully you will understand what I'm trying to say, my friend.  

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2014, 05:56:50 PM »

What about if his neck , arms and calves were 10 inches and his thighs were 30'' and his  chest was 60''  ?  or 20'' calves ,neck and arms  with 24''  thighs.

I just think its funny these guys actually take the utter bullshit posted in the bodybuilding comic books as facts....hahahaha

Yes they were bullshitting impressionable young men way back when too

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »

And neither does your inane supposition and well do you know this.  You're not a fool so don't play one.  If you are unaware of what it means to have a balanced physique on every level, then perhaps you are a fool.

I doubt that very much, sir.  Very much indeed.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2014, 05:59:44 PM »
Allow me, my friend.

I know you about as well as I do Steve Reeves.  If someone were to say to me and swear that years earlier they saw you smoking some guys wang or some such nonsense and I told them that from all that I know of you, you love women and that there's no freaking way you would ever do that.  

They have no real proof.  None. Just hearsay.  Pure speculation (the kind so often featured here in these forums)  fueled perhaps in part by nothing more than jealousy coupled with perhaps the need to justify something in their own life.  What need do I have of defending you?  I don't really know you do I?  And yet there is this.

What I know of you I hold to be true.  I will always defend the truth for there is honor in that whether or not I personally know the person.   Hopefully you will understand what I'm trying to say, my friend.  

That's a nice thing to say and all...but Steve Reeves is just some dude with a great build.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2014, 06:01:04 PM »
That's a nice thing to say and all...but Steve Reeves is just some dude with a great build.

Isn't that what everybody's been saying throughout this thread??

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2014, 06:02:59 PM »
If you are unaware of what it means to have a balanced physique on every level

I know it has nothing to do with numbers .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2014, 06:03:05 PM »
He was on steroids here too  :-\

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
Isn't that what everybody's been saying throughout this thread??

The Scott is calling him a perfect god...and apparently he never had a cavity...LOL.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
He was on steroids here too  :-\

Nope,  that's why he looks like shit in those pics.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2014, 06:06:47 PM »
Nope,  that's why he looks like shit in those pics.

LMAO  ;D

I hope this helps

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »

As are you.  He went on to be something of an icon to thousand of kids like myself in the 40s through the 60s.  Not everyone can be that to so many but each of us can be that to someone.  Kids need someone to look up to.  Heroes on the silver screen are all well and good, but they don't hold your hand when your two years old and learning to cross the street.

That's what fathers, uncles, big brothers, grandfathers and the like are for.  But in their absence there are times when a "hero" like Reeves will have to do.  Lots of kids spent part of all of their childhood without a father.  Trust me.

Be well.