Author Topic: True Detective  (Read 46907 times)

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Re: True Detective
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »
this is my favorite show on tv right now

does anyone get the impression he went off the grid to find the yellow king and hes still searching for him.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »
Ep 5

LOVED the extended scene with Woody explaining to the investigative committee how they were ambushed and caught up in an explosive firefight, while we as the viewers witnessed the reality of the situation.

this is my favorite show on tv right now

does anyone get the impression he went off the grid to find the yellow king and hes still searching for him.
Absolutely, I believe he lost faith in the Police's ability to arrive at the correct conclusion and went "rogue"
He's no stranger to going "off the grid" as witnessed by his undercover work with the bike gang.

Cole is too smart and cerebral to be holed up in a motel drinking himself stupid for the past few years. He's onto something big. An enormous revelation that could bring down several "pillars of the community"

I definitely don't buy into McConaughey being the killer, as the two black cops were painting him as. I think they'll reveal that these are ritual murders with a large cult behind them, not just an individual killer. I'm suspicious of the anti religious crime team and the governor that were featured a few episodes back

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »
hey boost i think you are onto something, i really like this series

matthew has done a great job in portraying cole, ha for some reason whenever he talks you get drawn into his charachter

im hoping him and woody hook up in the last three episodes to close the case

i also dont believe he is the killer

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »
The show's creator...Nic Pizzolatto ...is building quite a reputation with this show. Just terrific original dialogue and concepts. It must be amazing and quite a high to see your written work translate to television with huge popularity. Apparently, Matthew signed on to the show after reading the first two pages of script from the pilot episode.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2014, 04:50:52 PM »
Best TV I've ever seen, like someone said every ep is like a movie and the acting is superb

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2014, 04:55:04 PM »
I'm already sad there are only 3 episodes left.  By the way, the 5th and most recent episode was perhaps the best one so far. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »
The King in Yellow  :o

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »
I said it once and say it again...I never thought Matthew McConaughey had this kind of depth to his acting talent. His star power is ascending like crazy. What a roll he's on. I really hope he gets the Oscar this year. But the acting is great by everyone on that show.

BTW...anyone watch Boardwalk Empire? The Hans Schroeder character, the husband of Margeret that Nucky kills in the pilot episode....played 'Ginger' in True Detective...didn't even recognize him at first.

Im a total mark for both shows.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »
Surprised HBO could afford to pay 2 big name actors.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2014, 05:21:37 PM »
You guys should watch Killer Joe, it's a real getbig classic.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »
I said it once and say it again...I never thought Matthew McConaughey had this kind of depth to his acting talent. His star power is ascending like crazy. What a roll he's on. I really hope he gets the Oscar this year. But the acting is great by everyone on that show.

BTW...anyone watch Boardwalk Empire? The Hans Schroeder character, the husband of Margeret that Nucky kills in the pilot episode....played 'Ginger' in True Detective...didn't even recognize him at first.

Nice "detective" work.  Seriously, good call.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2014, 05:53:44 PM »
The King in Yellow  :o
love the vague associations and whispers....

suspense is killing me

woody and matthew seem to feed off each other----definitely stepping their game up

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »

That was Hans charcter? I am going back to watch that again. I really like his character on Boardwalk

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2014, 05:57:09 PM »
love the vague associations and whispers....

suspense is killing me

woody and matthew seem to feed off each other----definitely stepping their game up

Other TV is going to seem shitty and uninteresting in comparison. I want to know what the spaghetti monster is.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 05:58:43 PM »
Other TV is going to seem shitty and uninteresting in comparison. I want to know what the spaghetti monster is.

I would re-mortgage my already paid for house to perform raw, anal on Miss Dadarrio or whatever the fuck her name is.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2014, 06:22:33 PM »
That was Hans charcter? I am going back to watch that again. I really like his character on Boardwalk

Definitely worth watching, that pilot episode. It was directed by Martin Scorsese.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2014, 06:40:19 PM »
I would re-mortgage my already paid for house to perform raw, anal on Miss Dadarrio or whatever the fuck her name is.

;D

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 03:49:42 AM »
i think it is the best show on tv right now , every episode draws you in,  it is a great show .

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 03:59:08 AM »
Here is my prediction:

Harsleson's character is in on it. He killed Reggie Ledoux so he couldn't talk.

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2014, 07:23:18 AM »
First two episodes rocked.  3rd was boring.

What's nice is it's only 8 episodes, and will end, so it can't be drawn out like Dexter, etc...

And, if there was ever a body that most straight men here could agree on, no matter what preference, take a look at Alexandria Daddario's nude scene.  Her body is RIDICULOUS.

EDIT:  ABOVE POST WAS MADE WHILE I WAS POSTING - SEE WHAT I MEAN?

Greatest set of tits I ever saw on TV show! Hands down.

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2014, 07:31:06 AM »
I like how they display what really happened and then the version told to the police boards and other interviews and stories.

If you watch HBO on demand at the end of the last episode they have the writer of the show saying how Woody saying to the two new detectives "You weren't getting a read on Cohl, he was getting a read on you" was important. He went on to say how they had Cohl ask for beer not only because he is a functional alcoholic, but also so nothing he said in the entire interview can be used against him"

Thought that was pretty cool since it shows you he really hasn't slipped at all in 2012, even if he appears a lot more of a mess than in 1995.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2014, 07:31:23 AM »
Glad this is getting good reviews. Got all episodes up to the latest torrent loaded on my laptop along with the first season of 'Boss'. I'm on c/unt of a flight tonight so this should keep me occupied.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2014, 07:42:14 AM »
It's becoming too obvious that Marty is in on it.  Let me give you some reasons why.

Marty was insistent that they keep the case when his superior wanted to give it to the task force.  Even though Marty never seemed as obsessed as Cohl he wanted the case to stay with them.
Marty was the one pushing Cohl into the right direction.  The black cops thought it was the other way around.  Marty knew exactly where LeDoux's partner hid his truck. he claimed he missed it and had to double back but he knew his hideout.  Even though he claimed he wanted to call in backup he never took the chance to do so.  Cohl even told Marty to go call backup but he refused.  he wanted to kill Ledoux so that he can pin the crime on him.
Marty knew about the Bike gang and Cohl's Narco days and that's why he pushed him down that path.  he knew that Cohl would have to go under cover and they can do it without involving the police because they would never approach it.  Marty all along has been manipulating Cohl.
Now Cohl makes a big discovery at the end of the episode when he finds all of those little stick tents.  I believe he kept them all in his storage locker and that's why he won't let the black guys see it.  I also think Cohl figured out it was Marty and is storing evidence to protect him.
Marty was pissed when Cohl interviewed another suspect a few years later who knew what was going on.  Marty knew that the suspect would rat him out because he's seen him before and that if they went to interview him he'd be called out so he got that phone call made to ensure he killed himslf before so.
What if Marty hadn’t honked the car horn and sent he and Rust careening to the bayou compound of Reggie Ledoux and, instead, searched the school together when Rusty was interviewing the caretaker of that school?  Marty wanted out of there because Rusty was getting close
Just thinking back, Marty playing a little dumb but he is smarter than the show lets on.

Of course would this be too obvious? The writers have been brilliant and maing Marty the killer or involved would be too easy and too sloppy

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2014, 07:44:30 AM »
Greatest set of tits I ever saw on TV show! Hands down.

You mean these?

SLURRRP

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 08:30:18 AM »